56F and SUNNY this AM! Great camping weather!
John Kuthe
2021-10-12 12:46:32 UTC
Get out of your tent or whatever, get a fire started, BBQ some chicken for a float trip and have a blast! :-)

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
Bryan Simmons
2021-10-12 16:05:05 UTC
Post by John Kuthe
Get out of your tent or whatever, get a fire started, BBQ some
chicken for a float trip and have a blast! :-)
Shame you have no friends to go camping with. :)
Post by John Kuthe
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
--Bryan
GM
2021-10-12 16:22:04 UTC
Post by Bryan Simmons
Post by John Kuthe
Get out of your tent or whatever, get a fire started, BBQ some
chicken for a float trip and have a blast! :-)
Shame you have no friends to go camping with. :)
Shame he has no money to go camping with :)
GM
Bryan Simmons
2021-10-12 19:37:29 UTC
Post by GM
Post by Bryan Simmons
Post by John Kuthe
Get out of your tent or whatever, get a fire started, BBQ some
chicken for a float trip and have a blast! :-)
Shame you have no friends to go camping with. :)
Shame he has no money to go camping with :)
HE HAS TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He could buy a sex doll, gas up Baby II, and head for the mountains
for a long honeymoon, and still have over $8K to last him until the
Social Security checks start rolling in.
https://anniesdollhouse.com/
Post by GM
--
GM
--Bryan
Bryan Simmons
2021-10-12 20:08:26 UTC
Post by Bryan Simmons
Post by GM
Post by Bryan Simmons
Post by John Kuthe
Get out of your tent or whatever, get a fire started, BBQ some
chicken for a float trip and have a blast! :-)
Shame you have no friends to go camping with. :)
Shame he has no money to go camping with :)
HE HAS TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He could buy a sex doll, gas up Baby II, and head for the mountains
for a long honeymoon, and still have over $8K to last him until the
Social Security checks start rolling in.
https://anniesdollhouse.com/
They have cheaper ones here:
https://www.tinysexdolls.com/product-category/anal-sex-doll/
"Our anal sex doll is very realistic. Having anal sex with sex doll always
brings a different experience. When you see a silicone sex doll anal
chubby ass, you immediately want to have Anal Love Doll."
Post by Bryan Simmons
Post by GM
--
GM
--Bryan
--Bryan
Proson Cheng
2021-11-30 09:33:30 UTC
Post by Bryan Simmons
Post by Bryan Simmons
Post by GM
Post by Bryan Simmons
Post by GM
--
GM
--Bryan
https://list.ly/list/6VAz-top-10-most-favoalbe-sex-dolls-2021
i***@webtv.net
2021-11-30 19:15:15 UTC
Do you think you'd be interested in a nice benevolent butt plug??
i***@webtv.net
2021-11-30 21:12:12 UTC
Dang! I wish I'd said that.
John Kuthe
2021-11-30 13:44:43 UTC
Post by Bryan Simmons
Post by John Kuthe
Get out of your tent or whatever, get a fire started, BBQ some
chicken for a float trip and have a blast! :-)
Shame you have no friends to go camping with. :)
Post by John Kuthe
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
--Bryan
I do, I just never go camping/boating anymore, since I have my Leaf. It has Thule racks though! :-)

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
Alex
Are those roll bars?
Bryan Simmons
2021-12-01 00:37:02 UTC
Post by Alex
Post by John Kuthe
Post by John Kuthe
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
--Bryan
I do, I just never go camping/boating anymore, since I have my Leaf. It has Thule racks though! :-)
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
Are those roll bars?
They are car top carrier racks. They mean that you can put canoes, kayaks,
whatever, on top of your vehicle in a somewhat better way than just tying them
down to the roof, which abrades the paint, like it did when I used my 1992 Geo
Metro to transport two kayaks. Plus, it looks less hillbilly.

--Bryan
Bruce
2021-12-01 01:01:51 UTC
Post by Bryan Simmons
Post by Alex
Are those roll bars?
They are car top carrier racks. They mean that you can put canoes, kayaks,
whatever, on top of your vehicle in a somewhat better way than just tying them
down to the roof, which abrades the paint, like it did when I used my 1992 Geo
Metro to transport two kayaks. Plus, it looks less hillbilly.
--Bryan
I have a Thule bicycle hitch rack...
Thanks for sharing.
Hank Rogers
Thanks for sniffing.
Alex
Thanks for clipping my reply to fit your agenda.
Alex
2021-12-01 23:43:08 UTC
They are car top carrier racks. They mean that you can put canoes, kayaks,
whatever, on top of your vehicle in a somewhat better way than just tying them
down to the roof, which abrades the paint, like it did when I used my 1992 Geo
Metro to transport two kayaks. Plus, it looks less hillbilly.
--Bryan
Yep! Yakima on Baby II and Thule on INF-MPG. Name brand racks! Best of the best!
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
For...the narcissist!
Bryan Simmons
2021-12-02 00:22:01 UTC
Post by Alex
They are car top carrier racks. They mean that you can put canoes, kayaks,
whatever, on top of your vehicle in a somewhat better way than just tying them
down to the roof, which abrades the paint, like it did when I used my 1992 Geo
Metro to transport two kayaks. Plus, it looks less hillbilly.
--Bryan
Yep! Yakima on Baby II and Thule on INF-MPG. Name brand racks! Best of the best!
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
For...the narcissist!
If you used those fancy six-bladed razors, perhaps you too could
admire the reflection of your perfectly glabrous face.

--Bryan
Jeßus
2021-12-01 20:13:53 UTC
Post by John Kuthe
I just never go camping/boating anymore, since I have my Leaf. It has Thule racks though! :-)
So... owning a Leaf means you can't go camping anymore? Can you
explain further? Is it because the car is full of toilet paper?
And why not use your Dodge van?
He wouldn't have to even fool with a tent if he took "Baby" on a camping trip.
All he'd need is maybe an air mattress to lay his sleeping bag on for cushioning
and he could sleep in the van. He's probably terrible at building a campfire but
then there's that problem of packing up broccoli, rice, and beans to cook over
that campfire.
TBH, I can't imagine John even enjoying camping. At least now that
he's older. He seems like the homebody type.

We've been rounding up camping gear here - again. Probably the 4th
time in my life I've done so. Summer is here and our plans for a
working holiday on the Australian mainland isn't going to happen, so
we'll stay in Tasmania for now. There is still plenty of places I
haven't been to here yet and we have great places for camping and
fishing, so not to worry.
jmcquown
2021-12-02 18:27:31 UTC
Post by John Kuthe
Post by Bryan Simmons
Post by John Kuthe
Get out of your tent or whatever, get a fire started, BBQ some
chicken for a float trip and have a blast! :-)
Shame you have no friends to go camping with. :)
--Bryan
I do, I just never go camping/boating anymore, since I have my Leaf. It has Thule racks though! :-)
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
WTF does your Leaf have to do with going camping? Bryan made a valid
point. Oh, and since you're a vainglorious self-proclaimed "vegetarian"
why would you mention BBQ some chicken? Oh, of course. You're still
stuck in the past. What would happen to your proud VSTD meal if Bryan
suddenly befriended you again [*NOT* going to happen] and he brought
chicken?

Jill
Bryan Simmons
2021-12-03 10:06:57 UTC
Post by John Kuthe
Post by Bryan Simmons
Post by John Kuthe
Get out of your tent or whatever, get a fire started, BBQ some
chicken for a float trip and have a blast! :-)
Shame you have no friends to go camping with. :)
--Bryan
I do, I just never go camping/boating anymore, since I have my Leaf. It has Thule racks though! :-)
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
WTF does your Leaf have to do with going camping? Bryan made a valid
point. Oh, and since you're a vainglorious self-proclaimed "vegetarian"
why would you mention BBQ some chicken? Oh, of course. You're still
stuck in the past. What would happen to your proud VSTD meal if Bryan
suddenly befriended you again [*NOT* going to happen] and he brought
chicken?
Imagine if Kimberly the Avenue Walker had a bag full of Big Macs, and
offered him one.
Jill
--Bryan
John Kuthe
2021-12-04 00:42:25 UTC
Post by jmcquown
Post by John Kuthe
Post by Bryan Simmons
Post by John Kuthe
Get out of your tent or whatever, get a fire started, BBQ some
chicken for a float trip and have a blast! :-)
Shame you have no friends to go camping with. :)
--Bryan
I do, I just never go camping/boating anymore, since I have my Leaf. It has Thule racks though! :-)
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
What would happen to your proud VSTD meal if Bryan
suddenly befriended you again [*NOT* going to happen] and he brought
chicken?
Jill
I will eat meat if it is given to me, because the gift of food is very special and more important than my choice to cook only Vegetarian for myself.

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
Hank Rogers
Yep, you'd eat a turd if I put it on a plate and gave it to you.
i***@webtv.net
2021-12-04 09:31:16 UTC
Post by Hank Rogers
Yep, you'd eat a turd if I put it on a plate and gave it to you.
Oh Hank, your scat fetish is a real turn on for me, do you think you'd
be interested in a nice benevolent butt plug??
jmcquown
2021-12-04 01:11:00 UTC
Post by John Kuthe
I will eat meat if it is given to me, because the gift of food is very special and more important than my choice to cook only Vegetarian for myself.
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
Which makes a a full blown hypocrite. Quick, everyone, let's take up a
collection and send him some Omaha Steaks! <snork>

Jill
i***@webtv.net
2021-12-04 01:45:44 UTC
Post by John Kuthe
I will eat meat if it is given to me, because the gift of food is very special and
more important than my choice to cook only Vegetarian for myself.
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
H Y P O C R I T E. If you were truly a vegetarian instead as posing as one
you'd have no trouble politely turning down a serving of meat. Why is it
true vegetarians have no qualms refusing meat? Because they're not
idiot hypocrites.
Bruce
He's still doing a lot better than the meat eaters.
i***@webtv.net
2021-12-04 04:23:12 UTC
Post by Bruce
He's still doing a lot better than the meat eaters.
Only, only, only because he doesn't have the spare cash to buy meat.
He's nothing but a hypocrite.
Bruce
2021-12-04 04:45:50 UTC
Meat can be very cheap.
Gary
2021-12-04 17:42:49 UTC
Post by Bruce
Post by i***@webtv.net
Post by John Kuthe
I will eat meat if it is given to me, because the gift of food is very special and
more important than my choice to cook only Vegetarian for myself.
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
H Y P O C R I T E. If you were truly a vegetarian instead as posing as one
you'd have no trouble politely turning down a serving of meat. Why is it
true vegetarians have no qualms refusing meat? Because they're not
idiot hypocrites.
He's still doing a lot better than the meat eaters.
I agree. With any cause, every little bit helps. Doesn't need to all or
nothing.
Bryan Simmons
2021-12-05 02:07:28 UTC
Post by Bruce
Post by John Kuthe
I will eat meat if it is given to me, because the gift of food is
very special and
more important than my choice to cook only Vegetarian for myself.
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
H Y P O C R I T E. If you were truly a vegetarian instead as posing
as one
you'd have no trouble politely turning down a serving of meat. Why
is it
true vegetarians have no qualms refusing meat? Because they're not
idiot hypocrites.
He's still doing a lot better than the meat eaters.
I agree. With any cause, every little bit helps. Doesn't need to all or
nothing.
Those who follow a true vegetarian diet simply say "no thank you" when
offered meat. There's nothing rude about it.
Jill
You just dumped a pail of cold water on Gary's suck-up response to Bruce.
Ain't that a shame? LOL I have a friend who is a vegetarian. He
doesn't get all wishy washy and eat meat just because it's offered. He
certainly doesn't eat it and then tell himself he's "doing a lot better
than other meat eaters". The animals are already dead, neither my
vegetarian friend nor Bruce nor Kuthe nor Gary prevented that.
My friend is actually a pescetarian. If someone offered him chicken,
pork, beef he'd politely say no thank you and no one would think
anything of it.
From a purely physical health perspective, pescatarian is most likely
the best food regime. Fish provides every amino acid, and a certain
amount of fatty fish, a good amount of fatty acids that nourish the
brain. Those sardines that Steve recommended are the best I've
ever tasted. The ones in plain olive oil were delicious, and I have
another case of those backordered, but I also bought the lemon
ones, which should arrive Monday.
Jill
--Bryan
Bruce
2021-12-05 18:00:04 UTC
Post by Gary
Post by Bruce
Post by i***@webtv.net
H Y P O C R I T E. If you were truly a vegetarian instead as posing as one
you'd have no trouble politely turning down a serving of meat. Why is it
true vegetarians have no qualms refusing meat? Because they're not
idiot hypocrites.
He's still doing a lot better than the meat eaters.
I agree. With any cause, every little bit helps. Doesn't need to all or
nothing.
True. Yet 0% people are often very critical of 50% or 90% people, if
that makes any sense. "You're not 100%!"
Bruce
2021-12-05 18:01:13 UTC
Post by Bruce
Post by John Kuthe
I will eat meat if it is given to me, because the gift of food is very special and
more important than my choice to cook only Vegetarian for myself.
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
H Y P O C R I T E.  If you were truly a vegetarian instead as posing
as one
you'd have no trouble politely turning down a serving of meat.  Why
is it
true vegetarians have no qualms refusing meat?  Because they're not
idiot hypocrites.
He's still doing a lot better than the meat eaters.
I agree.  With any cause, every little bit helps. Doesn't need to all or
nothing.
Those who follow a true vegetarian diet simply say "no thank you" when
offered meat. There's nothing rude about it.
So John follows a 95% vegetarian diet. That's still a lot better than
your 0%.
cshenk
2021-12-06 01:46:58 UTC
Post by John Kuthe
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
H Y P O C R I T E.  If you were truly a vegetarian instead as
posing >>>> as one
you'd have no trouble politely turning down a serving of meat.
Why >>>> is it
true vegetarians have no qualms refusing meat?  Because they're
not >>>> idiot hypocrites.
He's still doing a lot better than the meat eaters.
I agree.  With any cause, every little bit helps. Doesn't need to
all or >> nothing.
Those who follow a true vegetarian diet simply say "no thank you"
when offered meat. There's nothing rude about it.
So John follows a 95% vegetarian diet. That's still a lot better than
your 0%.
Smile, I broke my vegetarian stint today. Had some shrimp. I'm not
claiming to be vegetarian though. I'm just low on the meat scale is
all.
Bruce
I find shrimp a hard one to give up.
cshenk
2021-12-12 19:02:45 UTC
Post by cshenk
Smile, I broke my vegetarian stint today. Had some shrimp. I'm not
claiming to be vegetarian though. I'm just low on the meat scale is
all.
I find shrimp a hard one to give up.
Yesterday, we hit a sale locally at 6.33lb shrimp (headless).

AS I was getting the meats for the family of 5 that I've been feeding
(1 month left before aid kicks in), I got them 4 lbs shrimp as part of
the meat load. Most of the meats were 3$ or less a lb (local prices)
but the NY strip steak was 7.99lb (got 2 packs of 5 of them). It feels
odd to shop for that much meat, but they are hardline 'meatarians' and
the best I could afford worked out as 2.1lbs a week for the 5.
Bruce
2021-12-05 18:03:13 UTC
Post by Gary
I agree. With any cause, every little bit helps. Doesn't need to all or
nothing.
Those who follow a true vegetarian diet simply say "no thank you" when
offered meat. There's nothing rude about it.
Jill
You just dumped a pail of cold water on Gary's suck-up response to Bruce.
A suck-up response just because we agree on something for once? You
and your buddies must be sucking up all the time then.
Bruce
Who gives a flying fuck about what your friend does?
GM
2021-12-04 17:49:41 UTC
Post by John Kuthe
I will eat meat if it is given to me, because the gift of food is very special and
more important than my choice to cook only Vegetarian for myself.
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
H Y P O C R I T E. If you were truly a vegetarian instead as posing as one
you'd have no trouble politely turning down a serving of meat. Why is it
true vegetarians have no qualms refusing meat? Because they're not
idiot hypocrites.
I have a friend who's a vegan, and only buys vegan. However, he'll eat
vegetarian socially, since a vegan diet is otherwise so limited. That
opens up pizza without meat, and many other "social" dishes. He still
wouldn't touch any kind of meat, however, either way.
Vegans/vegetarians are a major PITA...

When I used to entertain they'd never be invited... still are a PITA when attending the
occasional social function...

Had a business meeting at a local pizza joint, OMG all "I can't eat...but I can eat this...", ordering
a coupla pizzas was an ordeal. All young white millennial chicks complaining of course...

They can cry and eat alone IMNSHO...
GM
Michael Trew
2021-12-05 03:54:11 UTC
Post by GM
I have a friend who's a vegan, and only buys vegan. However, he'll eat
vegetarian socially, since a vegan diet is otherwise so limited. That
opens up pizza without meat, and many other "social" dishes. He still
wouldn't touch any kind of meat, however, either way.
Vegans/vegetarians are a major PITA...
When I used to entertain they'd never be invited... still are a PITA when attending the
occasional social function...
Had a business meeting at a local pizza joint, OMG all "I can't eat...but I can eat this...", ordering
a coupla pizzas was an ordeal. All young white millennial chicks complaining of course...
They can cry and eat alone IMNSHO...
I don't tolerate those kind of whiny people. I love to cook/bake, so
"not picky eater" was on the application for the girlfriend.. ;)
GM
2021-12-05 04:31:01 UTC
Post by GM
I have a friend who's a vegan, and only buys vegan. However, he'll eat
vegetarian socially, since a vegan diet is otherwise so limited. That
opens up pizza without meat, and many other "social" dishes. He still
wouldn't touch any kind of meat, however, either way.
Vegans/vegetarians are a major PITA...
When I used to entertain they'd never be invited... still are a PITA when attending the
occasional social function...
Had a business meeting at a local pizza joint, OMG all "I can't eat...but I can eat this...", ordering
a coupla pizzas was an ordeal. All young white millennial chicks complaining of course...
They can cry and eat alone IMNSHO...
I don't tolerate those kind of whiny people. I love to cook/bake, so
"not picky eater" was on the application for the girlfriend.. ;)
Thing is, many of these types have quite obvious health issues that might be
somewhat alleviated by a better diet...
GM
Bruce
2021-12-05 18:07:39 UTC
On Sat, 04 Dec 2021 22:54:11 -0500, Michael Trew
Post by Michael Trew
Post by GM
Had a business meeting at a local pizza joint, OMG all "I can't eat...but I can eat this...", ordering
a coupla pizzas was an ordeal. All young white millennial chicks complaining of course...
They can cry and eat alone IMNSHO...
I don't tolerate those kind of whiny people. I love to cook/bake, so
"not picky eater" was on the application for the girlfriend.. ;)
"Everything that fits in the pie hole goes into the pie hole." A bit
long for a T-shirt perhaps.
cshenk
2021-12-12 18:01:52 UTC
Post by Michael Trew
Post by GM
I have a friend who's a vegan, and only buys vegan. However,
he'll eat vegetarian socially, since a vegan diet is otherwise so
limited. That opens up pizza without meat, and many other
"social" dishes. He still wouldn't touch any kind of meat,
however, either way.
Vegans/vegetarians are a major PITA...
When I used to entertain they'd never be invited... still are a
PITA when attending the occasional social function...
Had a business meeting at a local pizza joint, OMG all "I can't
eat...but I can eat this...", ordering a coupla pizzas was an
ordeal. All young white millennial chicks complaining of course...
They can cry and eat alone IMNSHO...
I don't tolerate those kind of whiny people. I love to cook/bake, so
"not picky eater" was on the application for the girlfriend.. ;)
LOL! Good on ya!

I don't mind a reasonable 'be sure to have some of this too'. The one
that irks me is the Gluten Free crowd. While I *do* have some truely
celiac friends, I'd say in my life the GF crowd are just following a
stupid fad, thinking bread is why they are overweight and they can eat
'all they want as long as no gluten'.

Utterly bogus myth. Fact: If you consume 3,000 calories (regardless of
source) more than you burn, you will gain 1lb.

LOL, 3 years ago when Charlotte had to trim down for the Navy, folks
castigated me for her high carb diet as if that was it. It wasn't.
She was too sedentary and eating more calories than she was burning
off. We reversed both with her jogging a mile to the local rec center
then swimming lessons, then walking or walk-jogging back home. Calorie
intake down to about 1400 a day. The bar was 158 for her height. She
was 142 when she entered RTC (Navy Boot Camp).
Dave Smith
2021-12-12 19:13:02 UTC
Post by cshenk
Post by Michael Trew
I don't tolerate those kind of whiny people. I love to cook/bake, so
"not picky eater" was on the application for the girlfriend.. ;)
LOL! Good on ya!
I don't mind a reasonable 'be sure to have some of this too'. The one
that irks me is the Gluten Free crowd. While I *do* have some truely
celiac friends, I'd say in my life the GF crowd are just following a
stupid fad, thinking bread is why they are overweight and they can eat
'all they want as long as no gluten'.
My wife has issues with gluten, which is one of the reasons she sticks
to a low carb diet. She will quietly adapt to whatever is offered. I
have had low tolerance for lactose for most of my life but it was a long
time before I put a label on it. I simply politely decline the things
that are likely to bother me, or limit myself to smaller portions of them.

These days there seems to be an epidemic of people who are buying into
the sense of entitlement that leads them to claim to intolerance to
many of the things that are a major part of our diets and they expect
everyone to buy into their selfishness and cater to their oh so special
needs. I saw and overheard a prime example at the corner bakery one day
when a woman was ordering a sandwich platter for a family gathering. It
should be an easy matter to order a variety and let people pick and
choose. Not in this case. There were a bunch of young women coming, so
all the special diets. One was vegetarian, one a vegan, one was lactose
intolerant, one was gluten intolerant. It was the perfect storm of
narcissistic diets. In my world, those sorts of issues translate to
don't get invited/don't accept invitations or bring your own food.
cshenk
2021-12-13 00:10:40 UTC
Post by Dave Smith
Post by cshenk
Post by Michael Trew
[...]
Same here.

Hey, Thanksgiving we had a mix of muslims, vegetarians, jewish and 1
lactose intolerant. It was no bother as none were picky/strange. It's
just some wanted turkey, others preferred fish and ham for us. Folks
suited themselves among the 8 or so sides and 3 mains. None were vegan
(or if so, were quiet about it).

I know some folks are extremely picky but somehow, they never show up
here at my house (grin). Maybe I give off a silent anti-picky signal?
Michael Trew
2021-12-12 23:53:39 UTC
Post by cshenk
Post by Michael Trew
Post by GM
They can cry and eat alone IMNSHO...
I don't tolerate those kind of whiny people. I love to cook/bake, so
"not picky eater" was on the application for the girlfriend.. ;)
LOL! Good on ya!
I don't mind a reasonable 'be sure to have some of this too'. The one
that irks me is the Gluten Free crowd. While I *do* have some truely
celiac friends, I'd say in my life the GF crowd are just following a
stupid fad, thinking bread is why they are overweight and they can eat
'all they want as long as no gluten'.
Fortuately, I know very few people like this. I know a couple of
vegans, but they are very quiet about it, and tend to exclude themselves
from these gatherings, pick at veggies, or bring their own food.
Post by cshenk
Utterly bogus myth. Fact: If you consume 3,000 calories (regardless of
source) more than you burn, you will gain 1lb.
LOL, 3 years ago when Charlotte had to trim down for the Navy, folks
castigated me for her high carb diet as if that was it. It wasn't.
She was too sedentary and eating more calories than she was burning
off. We reversed both with her jogging a mile to the local rec center
then swimming lessons, then walking or walk-jogging back home. Calorie
intake down to about 1400 a day. The bar was 158 for her height. She
was 142 when she entered RTC (Navy Boot Camp).
Understandable when for a reason, but I like food, and hate the concept
of dieting. I'd rather be fat and eat what I want, lol. When working a
desk job, as I learned, it's easy to gain unexpected weight. I lost it
and then some when I started hauling scrap metal, and kept it off with
my janitorial job, even though it is only part time, I'm always on my
feet. Ex girlfriend couldn't understand why she gained so much weight
when she would always eat less than me. As you said, exercise is the
key. Eating a normal diet, but doing nothing other than sitting and
playing video games all day, and will lead to weight gain quickly.
dsi1
2021-12-04 17:58:05 UTC
Post by John Kuthe
I will eat meat if it is given to me, because the gift of food is very special and
more important than my choice to cook only Vegetarian for myself.
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
H Y P O C R I T E. If you were truly a vegetarian instead as posing as one
you'd have no trouble politely turning down a serving of meat. Why is it
true vegetarians have no qualms refusing meat? Because they're not
idiot hypocrites.
I have a friend who's a vegan, and only buys vegan. However, he'll eat
vegetarian socially, since a vegan diet is otherwise so limited. That
opens up pizza without meat, and many other "social" dishes. He still
wouldn't touch any kind of meat, however, either way.
It seems to be a thing with Millenials.

Michael Trew
2021-12-05 03:51:19 UTC
http://youtu.be/Ed-5Zzdbx0E
Haha, that was good, thanks
dsi1
2021-12-05 04:56:57 UTC
Post by Michael Trew
Post by dsi1
Post by John Kuthe
I will eat meat if it is given to me, because the gift of food is very special and
more important than my choice to cook only Vegetarian for myself.
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
H Y P O C R I T E. If you were truly a vegetarian instead as posing as one
you'd have no trouble politely turning down a serving of meat. Why is it
true vegetarians have no qualms refusing meat? Because they're not
idiot hypocrites.
I have a friend who's a vegan, and only buys vegan. However, he'll eat
vegetarian socially, since a vegan diet is otherwise so limited. That
opens up pizza without meat, and many other "social" dishes. He still
wouldn't touch any kind of meat, however, either way.
It seems to be a thing with Millenials.
http://youtu.be/Ed-5Zzdbx0E
Haha, that was good, thanks
Us old folks like to make fun of your generation. Sorry about that! Hee hee.

Michael Trew
2021-12-06 00:01:50 UTC
Post by dsi1
Post by Michael Trew
Post by dsi1
It seems to be a thing with Millenials.
http://youtu.be/Ed-5Zzdbx0E
Haha, that was good, thanks
Us old folks like to make fun of your generation. Sorry about that! Hee hee.
http://youtu.be/Sz0o9clVQu8
Also amusing, but on a serious note, many people don't know who
"Millenials" really are. They assume that Millenials are the youngest
adults today. In reality, Millenials been in the work force for a long
time. I'm among the very youngest of them. Millenials are everyone
born from 1980 - 1996. Whatever the next younger generation is, they
unfortunately echo some of the stereotypes in this video. Namely, the
requiring "Constant Praise" issue.
Jeßus
2021-12-06 00:44:42 UTC
On Sun, 05 Dec 2021 19:01:50 -0500, Michael Trew
Post by Michael Trew
Post by dsi1
Post by Michael Trew
Post by dsi1
It seems to be a thing with Millenials.
http://youtu.be/Ed-5Zzdbx0E
Haha, that was good, thanks
Us old folks like to make fun of your generation. Sorry about that! Hee hee.
http://youtu.be/Sz0o9clVQu8
Also amusing, but on a serious note, many people don't know who
"Millenials" really are. They assume that Millenials are the youngest
adults today. In reality, Millenials been in the work force for a long
time. I'm among the very youngest of them. Millenials are everyone
born from 1980 - 1996. Whatever the next younger generation is, they
unfortunately echo some of the stereotypes in this video. Namely, the
requiring "Constant Praise" issue.
I'll confess that for a long time, I didn't realise 'millennials' went
as far back as 1980. Makes no sense at all to me to call these people
(which includes my 41 y/o wife) a 'millennial'. IMO they should be
born on or near the year 2000.

For me, I'm a classic Gen-Xer (which ironically includes some
millennials apparently, so much for these terms). If I fit any of
these categories, it's Generation X.
Dave Smith
2021-12-06 01:08:22 UTC
Post by Jeßus
I'll confess that for a long time, I didn't realise 'millennials' went
as far back as 1980. Makes no sense at all to me to call these people
(which includes my 41 y/o wife) a 'millennial'. IMO they should be
born on or near the year 2000.
For me, I'm a classic Gen-Xer (which ironically includes some
millennials apparently, so much for these terms). If I fit any of
these categories, it's Generation X.
I'm a boomer. Like most of my fellow boomers, my father went overseas to
fight in WWII. My mother was a housewife. She stayed home to look after
me and my brothers and the house. We had a single car garage and one
car, one telephone, one black and white TV with an antenna and no remote.
Bruce
Your father's also a boomer?
Jeßus
2021-12-06 01:30:33 UTC
Post by Dave Smith
Post by Jeßus
I'll confess that for a long time, I didn't realise 'millennials' went
as far back as 1980. Makes no sense at all to me to call these people
(which includes my 41 y/o wife) a 'millennial'. IMO they should be
born on or near the year 2000.
For me, I'm a classic Gen-Xer (which ironically includes some
millennials apparently, so much for these terms). If I fit any of
these categories, it's Generation X.
I'm a boomer.
I also *just* qualify as a boomer too, but I don't feel like one, as
such. Gen X for sure.
Post by Dave Smith
Like most of my fellow boomers, my father went overseas to
fight in WWII.
Both of my real grandfathers fought in WWII. On my mother's side, in
the Ukraine. On my father's side, he was a black American solder who
knocked up my grandmother while on leave in Australia. Never met him
or know anything about him.
Post by Dave Smith
My mother was a housewife. She stayed home to look after
me and my brothers and the house.
My mum did both - take care of the house and also worked.
Post by Dave Smith
We had a single car garage and one
car, one telephone, one black and white TV with an antenna and no remote.
My parents divorced in 1975 and I've lived in so many places in
Australia (with mum), I've lost count. But I do remember when TVs were
not in every Australian home, same with phones for that matter.
Bruce
Uhm... you don't get to choose :) You're a boomer.
Bruce
Typical.
cshenk
2021-12-12 15:56:54 UTC
On Mon, 06 Dec 2021 23:06:29 -0500, Michael Trew
Post by Bruce
I also just qualify as a boomer too, but I don't feel like one,
as >>>> such. Gen X for sure.
Robbed the cradle there.. ;)
Explain? Oh, you mean my wife? She's 41, I'm 58. It's not like
she's a >> young person still wanting to party, etc. She's long over
that stuff. >> We're both on the same page in terms of what we both
want out of life.
I'm sure, just teasing. That's a little off base for someone near
my age, but one of my grandfathers was born in 1920, but grandma
1938. They were married (step grandfather) likely when my father
was close to my age. Then again, one of my great grandparents on
the other side was 27, and his wife was 15 when they were wed.
That was a different time and I don't think age differences were that
'sensitive' back then.
They weren't really though normally the wife was younger if there was
much disparity. Don is 9.5 years older than me.
Dave Smith
2021-12-12 16:06:26 UTC
Post by cshenk
That was a different time and I don't think age differences were that
'sensitive' back then.
They weren't really though normally the wife was younger if there was
much disparity. Don is 9.5 years older than me.
My wife has 5.5 years on me. Her father was 13 years older than her
mother.
Michael Trew
2021-12-12 23:47:49 UTC
Post by cshenk
[...]
Well, I suppose that all depends on the time period. The relatives that
I'm quoting were wed in 1915.
Mike Duffy
2021-12-06 01:56:37 UTC
Post by Dave Smith
I'm a boomer. Like most of my fellow boomers, my father went overseas to
fight in WWII. My mother was a housewife. She stayed home to look after
me and my brothers and the house. We had a single car garage and one
car, one telephone, one black and white TV with an antenna and no remote.
You were lucky you had a remote.

Our TV only got one station in english anyways.
Dave Smith
2021-12-06 02:44:44 UTC
Post by Mike Duffy
Post by Dave Smith
I'm a boomer. Like most of my fellow boomers, my father went
overseas to fight in WWII. My mother was a housewife. She stayed
home to look after me and my brothers and the house. We had a
single car garage and one car, one telephone, one black and white
TV with an antenna and no remote.
You were lucky you had a remote.
No remote. My brothers and I were the remote. We had to watch commercials.
We had CBC and 2 of the 3 stations from Buffalo... on a good day.
dsi1
The modern TV is totally awesome. I could not have imagined the kind of TVs we'd have even 10 years ago. Things were pretty fractured back then.
cshenk
Same here but the TV was color. Big floor unit, Magnavox.
dsi1
My kids are Millennials. Well, two of them are. My oldest son is a Gen X baby. My kids don't need much praising. A least, I never gave them any. My parents didn't give me any encouraging words. What kids need is attention and support, not words. Words are cheap, attention and support requires time, effort, and might not be cheap. My guess is that a lot of rfc'ers never got the attention and support they needed as kids. It's the reason they're such a needy lot.
Michael Trew
2021-12-13 00:01:08 UTC
Mom never stinted us with praise for a job well done. Lots of house
flipping!
LOL, while renovating the 'Old Grantham house' we got a visit from
Child Protective Services about 3 kids in substandard living
conditions.
LOL, some neighbor thought it was child labor situation. Obviously it
got straightend out.
That's a shame, that so many people are so arrogant, that they can't be
bothered to go strike up a conversation with the new neighbors, rather
than just avoid them and call the authorities.
Mom made a 125K profit after costs on it all. Not bad for a years work
in 1972 or so. Main house was 2 story with attic, 7br, 3 full baths
and a 1/2 in the attic. Designed in the era of wood or coal for heat,
it had a huge detached kitchen with fireplace (we made an addition to
attach it and uniquely it had an attic pantry and a root/wine cellar).
How cool reading about, I wish I could have taken a tour of that house,
it sounds amazing!
Snicker! I guess it did look like child labor! How I viewed it
though, was empowering me at a young age with 'yes, you can do it'. It
made me strong in internal ways that might not have happened and that
very attitude, pervades who I am.
That's a very good attitude to have. If you don't mind, share the
address of the house if you still remember it. I'd love to see if there
are pictures of the interior online.
jmcquown
2021-12-06 23:48:59 UTC
Post by Michael Trew
Post by dsi1
Post by Michael Trew
Post by dsi1
It seems to be a thing with Millenials.
http://youtu.be/Ed-5Zzdbx0E
Haha, that was good, thanks
Us old folks like to make fun of your generation. Sorry about that! Hee hee.
http://youtu.be/Sz0o9clVQu8
Also amusing, but on a serious note, many people don't know who
"Millenials" really are.  They assume that Millenials are the youngest
adults today.  In reality, Millenials been in the work force for a long
time.  I'm among the very youngest of them.  Millenials are everyone
born from 1980 - 1996.  Whatever the next younger generation is, they
unfortunately echo some of the stereotypes in this video.  Namely, the
requiring "Constant Praise" issue.
You missed the Gen-X'rs. They pre-date Millenials which are people born
after or on the cusp of - wait for it, the year 2000.

Jill
Michael Trew
2021-12-07 04:12:58 UTC
Post by Michael Trew
Post by dsi1
Post by Michael Trew
Post by dsi1
It seems to be a thing with Millenials.
http://youtu.be/Ed-5Zzdbx0E
Haha, that was good, thanks
Us old folks like to make fun of your generation. Sorry about that! Hee hee.
http://youtu.be/Sz0o9clVQu8
Also amusing, but on a serious note, many people don't know who
"Millenials" really are. They assume that Millenials are the youngest
adults today. In reality, Millenials been in the work force for a
long time. I'm among the very youngest of them. Millenials are
everyone born from 1980 - 1996. Whatever the next younger generation
is, they unfortunately echo some of the stereotypes in this video.
Namely, the requiring "Constant Praise" issue.
You missed the Gen-X'rs. They pre-date Millenials which are people born
after or on the cusp of - wait for it, the year 2000.
Jill
Not according to most sources that I read. Typically, Millenials are
listed from born between 1980 and 1996, with Gen X being born prior to 1980.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials
Bryan Simmons
2021-12-04 11:16:24 UTC
Post by John Kuthe
Post by jmcquown
Post by John Kuthe
Post by Bryan Simmons
Post by John Kuthe
Get out of your tent or whatever, get a fire started, BBQ some
chicken for a float trip and have a blast! :-)
Shame you have no friends to go camping with. :)
--Bryan
I do, I just never go camping/boating anymore, since I have my Leaf. It has Thule racks though! :-)
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
What would happen to your proud VSTD meal if Bryan
suddenly befriended you again [*NOT* going to happen] and he brought
chicken?
Jill
I will eat meat if it is given to me, because the gift of food is very special and more important than my choice to cook only Vegetarian for myself.
If someone poisoned you to death, that would be special.
Post by John Kuthe
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
--Bryan
Gary
2021-12-04 12:55:45 UTC
Post by John Kuthe
I will eat meat if it is given to me, because the gift of food is very special and more important than my choice to cook only Vegetarian for myself.
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
With that attitude, why not GIFT YOURSELF meat once a week or even once
a month and enjoy what you obviously miss?

At least you'll be 'saving an animal' most days.

Most of my meals are vegetarian, even vegan, but not all.
i***@webtv.net
2021-12-04 19:55:30 UTC
Post by Gary
Post by John Kuthe
I will eat meat if it is given to me, because the gift of food is very special and more important than my choice to cook only Vegetarian for myself.
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
With that attitude, why not GIFT YOURSELF meat once a week or even once
a month and enjoy what you obviously miss?
Let me answer that question you posed to the hypocrite, aka fake vegetarian.
I don't even have to spell out the word. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
jmcquown
2021-12-04 20:29:39 UTC
Post by i***@webtv.net
Post by Gary
Post by John Kuthe
I will eat meat if it is given to me, because the gift of food is very special and more important than my choice to cook only Vegetarian for myself.
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
With that attitude, why not GIFT YOURSELF meat once a week or even once
a month and enjoy what you obviously miss?
Let me answer that question you posed to the hypocrite, aka fake vegetarian.
I don't even have to spell out the word. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
IMO, John should apply for SNAP benefits. Not necessarily to use for
buying meat, although he certainly could, but it sure sounds like his
cooking and diet could use an influx of money. He has no income and
hasn't had for some time so he's bound to be a shoo-in to be approved.

https://mydss.mo.gov/food-assistance/apply-for-snap

Jill
i***@webtv.net
2021-12-04 21:41:59 UTC
IMO, John should apply for SNAP benefits. Not necessarily to use for
buying meat, although he certainly could, but it sure sounds like his
cooking and diet could use an influx of money. He has no income and
hasn't had for some time so he's bound to be a shoo-in to be approved.
https://mydss.mo.gov/food-assistance/apply-for-snap
Jill
He bought that overpriced useless camera back in the summer for $850. I
don't have a clue if he has a stand-alone freezer or not but that money could
have went a long way in stocking it with different cuts of meats. Especially
if he's a savvy shopper and watches for sales and didn't turn up his nose at
marked down packages.
jmcquown
2021-12-05 15:23:01 UTC
Post by i***@webtv.net
IMO, John should apply for SNAP benefits. Not necessarily to use for
buying meat, although he certainly could, but it sure sounds like his
cooking and diet could use an influx of money. He has no income and
hasn't had for some time so he's bound to be a shoo-in to be approved.
https://mydss.mo.gov/food-assistance/apply-for-snap
Jill
He bought that overpriced useless camera back in the summer for $850. I
don't have a clue if he has a stand-alone freezer or not but that money could
have went a long way in stocking it with different cuts of meats. Especially
if he's a savvy shopper and watches for sales and didn't turn up his nose at
marked down packages.
Conversely he could stock it with loads of varied frozen vegetables
which would at least add a little something different to his boring VSTD
meals.
Jill
Now is when he should begin planning for a veggie garden in his back
yard, and it's a good time to till some growing beds and tilling in a
mulch of fallen leaves.
What back yard? He lives on a small lot.

Jill
jmcquown
2021-12-05 18:59:10 UTC
Now is when he should begin planning for a veggie garden in his back
yard, and it's a good time to till some growing beds and tilling in a
mulch of fallen leaves.
What back yard?  He lives on a small lot.
It can't be less than an acre or else he would have no reason to carry
on about how he mowed it.
His entire lot is .0172 acres. Don't ask me why he carries on about
mowing it.

Jill
Dave Smith
2021-12-05 19:45:04 UTC
Now is when he should begin planning for a veggie garden in his back
yard, and it's a good time to till some growing beds and tilling in a
mulch of fallen leaves.
What back yard?  He lives on a small lot.
It can't be less than an acre or else he would have no reason to carry
on about how he mowed it.
His entire lot is .0172 acres.  Don't ask me why he carries on about
mowing it.
I guess it is just another slice of his amazing life that we need to
know about. I have talked about the time is takes to mow my lawn but
usually in discussion with Sheldon about lawn maintenance because he has
a large property. My actual property is about 3.4 acre but it abuts an
unopened road allowance, so there is a strip about 30 feet wide and 465
feet deep that I maintain. I have a 4 wheel drove walk behind mower lawn
for the complicated parts, a good sized Echo string trimmer for
trimming and a tractor mower with a 44" deck for the wide open stuff. I
usually more it twice a week in spring and early summer. One of those
will be just a quick once over with the tractor mower and takes about an
hour and a half. On the alternate cuts we are looking at about 3 hours.

It takes me about as much work to go back to the barn to get my lawn
tractor as it would take Kuthe to mow his entire lawn. For some reason I
am able to refrain from patting myself on the back in here every time I
mow the lawn.
Janet
2021-12-05 19:56:18 UTC
In article <3_7rJ.98128$***@fx37.iad>, ***@comcast.net
says...
Post by jmcquown
Now is when he should begin planning for a veggie garden in his back
yard, and it's a good time to till some growing beds and tilling in a
mulch of fallen leaves.
What back yard?  He lives on a small lot.
It can't be less than an acre or else he would have no reason to carry
on about how he mowed it.
His entire lot is .0172 acres. Don't ask me why he carries on about
mowing it.
He doesn't; mowing his tiny patc h of grass was too much work for
Kuthe so he pays a mowing service now. He posted about it a month or
two ago.

Janet UK
jmcquown
2021-12-05 20:07:08 UTC
Post by Janet
says...
Post by jmcquown
Now is when he should begin planning for a veggie garden in his back
yard, and it's a good time to till some growing beds and tilling in a
mulch of fallen leaves.
What back yard?  He lives on a small lot.
It can't be less than an acre or else he would have no reason to carry
on about how he mowed it.
His entire lot is .0172 acres. Don't ask me why he carries on about
mowing it.
He doesn't; mowing his tiny patc h of grass was too much work for
Kuthe so he pays a mowing service now. He posted about it a month or
two ago.
Janet UK
Oh, he posted on Friday 12/3 he mowed his tiny *back* yard AND
Nordictracked! Were you not sufficiently impressed? ;)

Jill
jmcquown
2021-12-05 20:36:24 UTC
Post by jmcquown
Now is when he should begin planning for a veggie garden in his back
yard, and it's a good time to till some growing beds and tilling in a
mulch of fallen leaves.
What back yard? He lives on a small lot.
It can't be less than an acre or else he would have no reason to carry
on about how he mowed it.
7,501 square foot lot. Minus, oh, 950 square feet for the house footprint
and some unspecified amount of pavement for the driveway and sidewalk,
porch, deck, flower beds, and whatever else isn't grass.
An acre is 43560 square feet.
Cindy Hamilton
Don't forget his 3-car garage. The lot is definitely not large enough
for him to be planting the kind of vegetable garden Sheldon has in mind.
John said he had a couple of tomato plants and a couple of pepper
plants in the front flower beds, isn't that where he was dumping his
"compost" last year?

Jill
cshenk
2021-12-06 01:42:07 UTC
Post by jmcquown
Post by i***@webtv.net
[...]
You can do a lot with just a small plot. Heck, my container garden
does pretty well and he definately has space for that! 4 5ftx10inch
standard long plastic 'terra cotta colored' containers, 2 deep on each
end of the front porch. Start outer set with lettuce. 4 weeks later,
start inner set. Eat outer set and reseed and keep rotating. Front of
porch, herbs of various types. 2 largish container pots, cherry
tomatoes. Backyard, bell peppers and cucumbers. Also can be in
containers.

https://www.thespruce.com/square-foot-gardening-for-small-spaces-5077453

That's the expensive way but quite functional. What makes theirs
expensive is the special mix for soil.
jmcquown
2021-12-06 23:31:56 UTC
Post by cshenk
Post by jmcquown
Post by i***@webtv.net
[...]
Sure, but my reply to Sheldon was John does not have a yard large enough
to do what Sheldon thinks of as a garden. Tilling soil and planting,
not on that small lot.

Jill
cshenk
2021-12-12 18:28:46 UTC
Post by jmcquown
Post by cshenk
Post by jmcquown
Post by cshenk
That's the expensive way but quite functional. What makes theirs
expensive is the special mix for soil.
Sure, but my reply to Sheldon was John does not have a yard large
enough to do what Sheldon thinks of as a garden. Tilling soil and
planting, not on that small lot.
Jill
True. Sheldon never thinks 'outside the box' of what he is used to.
Me, I have had simple container gardens for decades. Often with 2nd or
higher story apartments due to military service and frequent moves.

I always got one with a usable porch.
Bruce
And it's a small box that has "1965" written on it.
jmcquown
2021-12-13 00:01:46 UTC
Post by jmcquown
That's the expensive way but quite functional.  What makes theirs
expensive is the special mix for soil.
Sure, but my reply to Sheldon was John does not have a yard large
enough to do what Sheldon thinks of as a garden.  Tilling soil and
planting, not on that small lot.
Jill
True.  Sheldon never thinks 'outside the box' of what he is used to.
And it's a small box that has "1965" written on it.
Oh no, Bruce has become one of the vultures.
Become? LOL Bruce will hop on any thread he thinks will gain him
traction. He doesn't post about cooking, certainly not about growing
anything or even food unless it is to disparage what everyone else eats.
He's just along for the ride.

Jill
cshenk
2021-12-13 00:23:10 UTC
Post by cshenk
Post by Bruce
Post by cshenk
Post by jmcquown
Post by cshenk
That's the expensive way but quite functional. What makes theirs
expensive is the special mix for soil.
Sure, but my reply to Sheldon was John does not have a yard large
enough to do what Sheldon thinks of as a garden. Tilling soil and
planting, not on that small lot.
Jill
True. Sheldon never thinks 'outside the box' of what he is used to.
And it's a small box that has "1965" written on it.
That too. 50 years plus some in the past.

As it is, we brought in the last batch of lettuce from the container
gardens. Too cold to crop more. Green onions will hold another 2-3
weeks probably. All others long gone now. Adding mulched leaves and
working them under with some new soil added so as to winter 'cure'.
jmcquown
2021-12-13 00:52:38 UTC
Post by cshenk
Post by Bruce
Post by cshenk
Post by jmcquown
Post by cshenk
That's the expensive way but quite functional. What makes theirs
expensive is the special mix for soil.
Sure, but my reply to Sheldon was John does not have a yard large
enough to do what Sheldon thinks of as a garden. Tilling soil and
planting, not on that small lot.
Jill
True. Sheldon never thinks 'outside the box' of what he is used to.
And it's a small box that has "1965" written on it.
That too. 50 years plus some in the past.
WHAT? There you go kow towing to Bruce again.
Post by cshenk
As it is, we brought in the last batch of lettuce from the container
gardens. Too cold to crop more. Green onions will hold another 2-3
weeks probably. All others long gone now. Adding mulched leaves and
working them under with some new soil added so as to winter 'cure'.
Uh huh. Do you really think John Kuthe will bother to do any of these
things? Not likely.

Jill

jmcquown
2021-12-06 23:26:40 UTC
Now is when he should begin planning for a veggie garden in his back
yard, and it's a good time to till some growing beds and tilling in a
mulch of fallen leaves.
What back yard?  He lives on a small lot.
It can't be less than an acre or else he would have no reason to carry
on about how he mowed it.
I've seen many pictures of John's lot. No way it's an acre. I will guess
1/4 to 1/3 acre and the house/garage takes up most of it.
Should take no more than an hour or so to mow it all but John splits it
into 2 days. He's wobbly.  ;)
He also mows in the rain using a corded electric mower. That must have
been a required course for one of those three degrees. ;)

Jill
Michael Trew
2021-12-06 00:05:02 UTC
Conversely he could stock it with loads of varied frozen vegetables
which would at least add a little something different to his boring VSTD
meals.
Jill
Now is when he should begin planning for a veggie garden in his back
yard, and it's a good time to till some growing beds and tilling in a
mulch of fallen leaves. By spring the tilled leaves will have
composted and his beds will be ready for planting whatever he likes to
eat, and plant enough for freezing.
One of my grandfathers was born in 1920. Living through the depression,
and surviving on home grown and canned food, he would have laid into you
if you didn't start tilling up the ground by March, at the latest; that
is -- as soon as it isn't frozen any longer in our climate.
jmcquown
2021-12-06 23:40:09 UTC
Conversely he could stock it with loads of varied frozen vegetables
which would at least add a little something different to his boring VSTD
meals.
Jill
Now is when he should begin planning for a veggie garden in his back
yard, and it's a good time to till some growing beds and tilling in a
mulch of fallen leaves.  By spring the tilled leaves will have
composted and his beds will be ready for planting whatever he likes to
eat, and plant enough for freezing.
One of my grandfathers was born in 1920.  Living through the depression,
and surviving on home grown and canned food, he would have laid into you
if you didn't start tilling up the ground by March, at the latest; that
is -- as soon as it isn't frozen any longer in our climate.
My grandparents were born in the late 1800's except for my paternal
grandmother who was born in 1903. They grew up fairly poor and of
course as adults when things were getting better had to deal with the
Depression. From what I'm told, they always had small vegetable gardens
("kitchen gardens"). They didn't have acres of land like Sheldon does.
But yes, there were cooler storage rooms or at least shelving in the
basement for storing home canned fruit and vegetables.

Jill
Michael Trew
2021-12-07 04:14:58 UTC
Post by jmcquown
Post by Michael Trew
[...]
I grew a small vegetable garden this past summer. I went out and pick
up an old used light duty rototiller, which helped. I plan to move the
garden to another location this summer. It was at the top of the hill
next to my house, but that made it hard to get to or walk around with
falling down the hill (which I did a few times). Maybe 60 sq ft of
garden, give or take?
Bryan Simmons
2021-12-05 10:34:13 UTC
Post by Gary
Post by John Kuthe
I will eat meat if it is given to me, because the gift of food is
very special and more important than my choice to cook only
Vegetarian for myself.
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
With that attitude, why not GIFT YOURSELF meat once a week or even
once a month and enjoy what you obviously miss?
At least you'll be 'saving an animal' most days.
Most of my meals are vegetarian, even vegan, but not all.
I'm vegan for many hours of the day. I'm holding out until noon today.
If you want to lose much weight quickly, give up food for Lent. >;-o
First you make sure there's a reasonable size piece of lint in your
pocket. Then you tell a person who said they were giving up meat
for Lent, "I can see giving up meat for something like beans (then
you pull the piece of lint out of your pocket), but for this shit? No
way."

--Bryan
Bruce
2021-12-05 18:10:04 UTC
Post by Gary
With that attitude, why not GIFT YOURSELF meat once a week or even once
a month and enjoy what you obviously miss?
At least you'll be 'saving an animal' most days.
Most of my meals are vegetarian, even vegan, but not all.
I'm vegan for many hours of the day. I'm holding out until noon today.
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, another dad joke brought to you by Ed
Pawlowski!
dsi1
2021-12-04 22:00:45 UTC
Post by John Kuthe
Post by jmcquown
Post by John Kuthe
Post by Bryan Simmons
Post by John Kuthe
Get out of your tent or whatever, get a fire started, BBQ some
chicken for a float trip and have a blast! :-)
Shame you have no friends to go camping with. :)
--Bryan
I do, I just never go camping/boating anymore, since I have my Leaf. It has Thule racks though! :-)
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
What would happen to your proud VSTD meal if Bryan
suddenly befriended you again [*NOT* going to happen] and he brought
chicken?
Jill
I will eat meat if it is given to me, because the gift of food is very special and more important than my choice to cook only Vegetarian for myself.
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
Meat houses are trending this holiday season. For some it's a joy, for some, a tragedy.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6tEsPkFe_d
Mike Duffy
2021-12-05 01:35:14 UTC
Post by dsi1
Meat houses are trending this holiday season.
For some it's a joy, for some, a tragedy.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B6tEsPkFe_d
What a marvelous idea! The one in the photo looks to be a bit cheesy &
nuts, but that's okay. In fact it should have fruits & vegetables in
order to broaden the colour spectrum.

Christmas is obviously a time for nativity scenes, but the whole idea is
doomed to success once people get good at cooking with lasers & pin-point
acetylene torches.

I forsee 'reality' TV shows with diorama drama and flavour fervour.
dsi1
2021-12-05 01:51:53 UTC
Post by Mike Duffy
Post by dsi1
Meat houses are trending this holiday season.
For some it's a joy, for some, a tragedy.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B6tEsPkFe_d
What a marvelous idea! The one in the photo looks to be a bit cheesy &
nuts, but that's okay. In fact it should have fruits & vegetables in
order to broaden the colour spectrum.
Christmas is obviously a time for nativity scenes, but the whole idea is
doomed to success once people get good at cooking with lasers & pin-point
acetylene torches.
I forsee 'reality' TV shows with diorama drama and flavour fervour.
People who make houses out of gingerbread are probably a little less demented that people that make houses out of meat. Well, that's my guess.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pTzg4qjtzZW85f5W7
Mike Duffy
2021-12-05 01:56:52 UTC
Post by dsi1
People who make houses out of gingerbread are probably a little less
demented that people that make houses out of meat. Well, that's my
guess.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/pTzg4qjtzZW85f5W7
Did you mean to say 'than' vs. 'that' (#1), or do you mean that
gingerbread affecionados will be less demented now that they have
competition?
dsi1
Uh oh... than was a typo.
dsi1
2021-12-06 09:38:03 UTC
There was a temperature of 56 degrees recorded in Honolulu on Friday night. It was the lowest temperature ever recorded in that area. That sounds like terrible camping weather. OTOH, I don't care for camping so I guess it doesn't matter what the temperature is.
Bruce
2021-12-06 09:48:35 UTC
Post by dsi1
Post by John Kuthe
Get out of your tent or whatever, get a fire started, BBQ some chicken for a float trip and have a blast! :-)
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
There was a temperature of 56 degrees recorded in Honolulu on Friday night. It was the lowest temperature ever recorded in that area. That sounds like terrible camping weather. OTOH, I don't care for camping so I guess it doesn't matter what the temperature is.
I've camped at 56F/13C degrees in the Belgian Ardennes. I got sick as
a dog. My girlfriend who could barely drive, had to drive us back
home. You should move to the tropics.
dsi1
I'm already there - literally.
Bruce
I know.
dsi1
You probably meant that I should move to the equator. Equators?
Bruce
2021-12-06 18:09:08 UTC
Post by dsi1
Post by Bruce
Post by dsi1
Post by Bruce
Post by dsi1
Post by John Kuthe
Get out of your tent or whatever, get a fire started, BBQ some chicken for a float trip and have a blast! :-)
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
There was a temperature of 56 degrees recorded in Honolulu on Friday night. It was the lowest temperature ever recorded in that area. That sounds like terrible camping weather. OTOH, I don't care for camping so I guess it doesn't matter what the temperature is.
I've camped at 56F/13C degrees in the Belgian Ardennes. I got sick as
a dog. My girlfriend who could barely drive, had to drive us back
home. You should move to the tropics.
I'm already there - literally.
I know.
You probably meant that I should move to the equator. Equators?
I'd stay where I was climate-wise. If 13C is considered extremely
cold, then that's a good place to live. Here, it's considered
extremely cold or near impossible during the day, but not in winter,
at night.