Chicken wings
2022-01-05 00:09:49 UTC
CM> Does anyone out there have some recipes for chicken wings? The hotter
CM> the better.
The following was originally posted two or three years ago on the Fidonet
National Cooking Echo, under the title "Buffalo Wings from Hell."
Have fun. (I think that "Enjoy" may not be appropriate here.)
James' World's Hottest Wings!
Caution: The fumes from preparing this will make it difficult to breathe!
Don't attempt to eat with an ulcer.
2 Lbs Chicken Wings cut up Buffalo style
6 whole sorano chili peppers
6 whole red chili peppers
10 whole jalapeno peppers
2 cups white wine
1 Bottle Tabasco Sauce
1/2 Bottle Worcestershire sauce
10 Tablespoons Cayenne pepper
10 Tablespoons Durkee red-hot sauce
1 Tablespoon salt
3 Tablespoons pepper
1/2 Cup Vinegar
1 Fire Extinguisher (Optional....)
Ok.......
In a blender, carefully puree the peppers, wine, vinegar and all spices.
Caution, the fumes are deadly and wear rubber gloves or your fingers will
burn! Put the puree into a bowl and marinate the wings in the bowl in
the fridge for 5 days. After 5 days, carefully remove the wings and
broil them until cooked. Ususally aprox 15 mins (+/- 5 mins). Take
the marinade, put it on the stove, add 1/4 cup sugar and heat to a boil.
reduce until thick. Pour over wings and re-broil for about 5 more
minutes, serve with soda water for maximum heat effect but keep plenty
of ice water handy.
I created the above recipe earlier this year at my house warming, it
went over pretty well with those who could still talk, I guess I shoulda
marked the wing bowl HOT but hey, who's perfect. (p.s. these were
created on a bet over who could make the hottest wings. I won.)
* Origin: SeaHunt BBS, PCBoard / HST-DS 415-344-4348 (1:125/20)
* Origin: Point software for the Mac! (1:109/104.4214)
If I can go back and ask: why try to make wings so hot?
The trolls are enjoying their nap under the bridge. They will be back soon enough!
dsi1
2022-01-05 19:59:18 UTC
CM> Does anyone out there have some recipes for chicken wings? The hotter
CM> the better.
The following was originally posted two or three years ago on the Fidonet
National Cooking Echo, under the title "Buffalo Wings from Hell."
Have fun. (I think that "Enjoy" may not be appropriate here.)
James' World's Hottest Wings!
Caution: The fumes from preparing this will make it difficult to breathe!
Don't attempt to eat with an ulcer.
2 Lbs Chicken Wings cut up Buffalo style
6 whole sorano chili peppers
6 whole red chili peppers
10 whole jalapeno peppers
2 cups white wine
1 Bottle Tabasco Sauce
1/2 Bottle Worcestershire sauce
10 Tablespoons Cayenne pepper
10 Tablespoons Durkee red-hot sauce
1 Tablespoon salt
3 Tablespoons pepper
1/2 Cup Vinegar
1 Fire Extinguisher (Optional....)
Ok.......
In a blender, carefully puree the peppers, wine, vinegar and all spices.
Caution, the fumes are deadly and wear rubber gloves or your fingers will
burn! Put the puree into a bowl and marinate the wings in the bowl in
the fridge for 5 days. After 5 days, carefully remove the wings and
broil them until cooked. Ususally aprox 15 mins (+/- 5 mins). Take
the marinade, put it on the stove, add 1/4 cup sugar and heat to a boil.
reduce until thick. Pour over wings and re-broil for about 5 more
minutes, serve with soda water for maximum heat effect but keep plenty
of ice water handy.
I created the above recipe earlier this year at my house warming, it
went over pretty well with those who could still talk, I guess I shoulda
marked the wing bowl HOT but hey, who's perfect. (p.s. these were
created on a bet over who could make the hottest wings. I won.)
* Origin: SeaHunt BBS, PCBoard / HST-DS 415-344-4348 (1:125/20)
* Origin: Point software for the Mac! (1:109/104.4214)
noo
If I can go back and ask: why try to make wings so hot?
One fire extinguisher... LOL
I don't understand the point of hot wing challenges, or painfully spicy
food. I do like buffalo wings, but nothing like this. Perhaps some
people get joy out of pain.
The Koreans make and eat painfully spicy noodles. They don't do it to freak people out, it's just what they like to eat. I'll typically use only a half or a third of their soup package in a bowl of noodles and it's still pretty intense. That would be for their regular noodles, not their extra spicy noodles. It doesn't matter if you love spicy foods or are a macho Mexican, these noodles have to be eaten to believed.

https://www.amazon.com/Samyang-Chicken-Flavor-Ramen_KOREAN-NOODLE/dp/B077FG8W9Z
Bruce 9
2022-01-05 20:05:35 UTC
CM> Does anyone out there have some recipes for chicken wings? The hotter
CM> the better.
The following was originally posted two or three years ago on the Fidonet
National Cooking Echo, under the title "Buffalo Wings from Hell."
Have fun. (I think that "Enjoy" may not be appropriate here.)
James' World's Hottest Wings!
Caution: The fumes from preparing this will make it difficult to breathe!
Don't attempt to eat with an ulcer.
2 Lbs Chicken Wings cut up Buffalo style
6 whole sorano chili peppers
6 whole red chili peppers
10 whole jalapeno peppers
2 cups white wine
1 Bottle Tabasco Sauce
1/2 Bottle Worcestershire sauce
10 Tablespoons Cayenne pepper
10 Tablespoons Durkee red-hot sauce
1 Tablespoon salt
3 Tablespoons pepper
1/2 Cup Vinegar
1 Fire Extinguisher (Optional....)
Ok.......
In a blender, carefully puree the peppers, wine, vinegar and all spices.
Caution, the fumes are deadly and wear rubber gloves or your fingers will
burn! Put the puree into a bowl and marinate the wings in the bowl in
the fridge for 5 days. After 5 days, carefully remove the wings and
broil them until cooked. Ususally aprox 15 mins (+/- 5 mins). Take
the marinade, put it on the stove, add 1/4 cup sugar and heat to a boil.
reduce until thick. Pour over wings and re-broil for about 5 more
minutes, serve with soda water for maximum heat effect but keep plenty
of ice water handy.
I created the above recipe earlier this year at my house warming, it
went over pretty well with those who could still talk, I guess I shoulda
marked the wing bowl HOT but hey, who's perfect. (p.s. these were
created on a bet over who could make the hottest wings. I won.)
* Origin: SeaHunt BBS, PCBoard / HST-DS 415-344-4348 (1:125/20)
* Origin: Point software for the Mac! (1:109/104.4214)
noo
If I can go back and ask: why try to make wings so hot?
One fire extinguisher... LOL
I don't understand the point of hot wing challenges, or painfully spicy
food. I do like buffalo wings, but nothing like this. Perhaps some
people get joy out of pain.
The Koreans make and eat painfully spicy noodles. They don't do it to freak people out, it's just what they like to eat. I'll typically use only a half or a third of their soup package in a bowl of noodles and it's still pretty intense. That would be for their regular noodles, not their extra spicy noodles. It doesn't matter if you love spicy foods or are a macho Mexican, these noodles have to be eaten to believed.
https://www.amazon.com/Samyang-Chicken-Flavor-Ramen_KOREAN-NOODLE/dp/B077FG8W9Z
Curbside Newsstand: Chrysler Will Live And Go All-EV, Starting With This 2025 Airflow

There’s been a lot of questions as to whether the Chrysler brand had a future within Stellantis’ large
bag of brands. Given the ever-accelerating momentum to EVs, it’s not surprising that Stellantis is
announcing today that Chrysler will go all-EV by 2028, and this Airflow concept previews their first EV product.

The format of the Airflow is what is becoming increasingly commonly seen with big EVs; dubbed
a “crossover”, it’s really more of a tall and extra-roomy sedan with large hatch. Whatever.
Bruce 7
2022-01-05 21:18:20 UTC
This is not my frogger.
Dave Smith
2022-01-05 21:21:01 UTC
I don't understand the point of hot wing challenges, or painfully
spicy food. I do like buffalo wings, but nothing like this. Perhaps
some people get joy out of pain.
The Koreans make and eat painfully spicy noodles. They don't do it to
freak people out, it's just what they like to eat. I'll typically use
only a half or a third of their soup package in a bowl of noodles and
it's still pretty intense. That would be for their regular noodles,
not their extra spicy noodles. It doesn't matter if you love spicy
foods or are a macho Mexican, these noodles have to be eaten to
believed.
I don't know if some people have numbed taste buds or if there is some
sort of endorphin induced change in taste buds and our reaction to them.
It may be somewhat racial or it could be related to the culture and the
foods available. I was raised on good home cooking where meats were not
overwhelmed by spice. Salt, pepper and some mild herbs were the extent
of things. People in other cultures tend to eat hotter foods. My taste
buds certainly changed over the year. I now have all sorts of hot
sauces on hand and the restaurants where I eat generally have spicy
dishes. I have taken spicy dishes to pot logs where some people raved
about them while others thought they were way too hot.
Michael Trew
2022-01-06 04:53:37 UTC
[...]
I never grew up eating spicy foods, and I still prefer more of a "home
cooked" low seasoned diet as you describe. I like mild buffalo wings on
occasion, or a dash of hot sauce on eggs.

I went to school with a girl who loved spicy foods, and would finish any
spicy challenge with ease. She was Caucasian, I'm not sure what
ethnicity. I think it's genetic, to some extent.
Arn0
2022-01-06 05:47:16 UTC
On Wed, 05 Jan 2022 23:53:37 -0500, Michael Trew
[...]
You get used to it and if you continue to eat it very regularly,
you'll slowly be able to handle more and more.
Bryan Simmons
2022-01-07 01:42:15 UTC
CM> Does anyone out there have some recipes for chicken wings? The hotter
CM> the better.
The following was originally posted two or three years ago on the Fidonet
National Cooking Echo, under the title "Buffalo Wings from Hell."
Have fun. (I think that "Enjoy" may not be appropriate here.)
James' World's Hottest Wings!
Caution: The fumes from preparing this will make it difficult to breathe!
Don't attempt to eat with an ulcer.
2 Lbs Chicken Wings cut up Buffalo style
6 whole sorano chili peppers
6 whole red chili peppers
10 whole jalapeno peppers
2 cups white wine
1 Bottle Tabasco Sauce
1/2 Bottle Worcestershire sauce
10 Tablespoons Cayenne pepper
10 Tablespoons Durkee red-hot sauce
1 Tablespoon salt
3 Tablespoons pepper
1/2 Cup Vinegar
1 Fire Extinguisher (Optional....)
Ok.......
In a blender, carefully puree the peppers, wine, vinegar and all spices.
Caution, the fumes are deadly and wear rubber gloves or your fingers will
burn! Put the puree into a bowl and marinate the wings in the bowl in
the fridge for 5 days. After 5 days, carefully remove the wings and
broil them until cooked. Ususally aprox 15 mins (+/- 5 mins). Take
the marinade, put it on the stove, add 1/4 cup sugar and heat to a boil.
reduce until thick. Pour over wings and re-broil for about 5 more
minutes, serve with soda water for maximum heat effect but keep plenty
of ice water handy.
I created the above recipe earlier this year at my house warming, it
went over pretty well with those who could still talk, I guess I shoulda
marked the wing bowl HOT but hey, who's perfect. (p.s. these were
created on a bet over who could make the hottest wings. I won.)
* Origin: SeaHunt BBS, PCBoard / HST-DS 415-344-4348 (1:125/20)
* Origin: Point software for the Mac! (1:109/104.4214)
noo
If I can go back and ask: why try to make wings so hot?
One fire extinguisher... LOL
I don't understand the point of hot wing challenges, or painfully spicy
food. I do like buffalo wings, but nothing like this. Perhaps some
people get joy out of pain.
The Koreans make and eat painfully spicy noodles. They don't do it to freak people out, it's just what they like to eat. I'll typically use only a half or a third of their soup package in a bowl of noodles and it's still pretty intense.
Yeah, but I think that this chicken recipe ONLY AS FAR AS THE MARINADE is something I might try. A 5 day marinade. Afterwards, I'll boil it and add tons of diced tomatoes for a salsa. But grilling the chicken with no sauce might look like it might taste pretty good, here.
Chicken often starts to taste rotten by 5 days. Once thawed, I use it
within 3 days, 4 at most.

2022-01-07 19:50:22 UTC
I doubt that any rotting would be a problem at any temperature considering that marinade. Trust me.
Bryan Simmons
2022-01-07 20:11:09 UTC
> [...]
food. I do like buffalo wings, but nothing like this. Perhaps some
people get joy out of pain.
The Koreans make and eat painfully spicy noodles. They don't do it to freak people out, it's just what they like to eat. I'll typically use only a half or a third of their soup package in a bowl of noodles and it's still pretty intense.
Yeah, but I think that this chicken recipe ONLY AS FAR AS THE MARINADE is something I might try. A 5 day marinade. Afterwards, I'll boil it and add tons of diced tomatoes for a salsa. But grilling the chicken with no sauce might look like it might taste pretty good, here.
Chicken often starts to taste rotten by 5 days. Once thawed, I use it
within 3 days, 4 at most.
I doubt that any rotting would be a problem at any temperature considering that marinade. Trust me.
Trust YOU? You don't have a clue about food.

2022-01-07 20:23:34 UTC
On Fri, 7 Jan 2022 12:11:09 -0800 (PST), Bryan Simmons
> [...]
food. I do like buffalo wings, but nothing like this. Perhaps some
people get joy out of pain.
The Koreans make and eat painfully spicy noodles. They don't do it to freak people out, it's just what they like to eat. I'll typically use only a half or a third of their soup package in a bowl of noodles and it's still pretty intense.
Yeah, but I think that this chicken recipe ONLY AS FAR AS THE MARINADE is something I might try. A 5 day marinade. Afterwards, I'll boil it and add tons of diced tomatoes for a salsa. But grilling the chicken with no sauce might look like it might taste pretty good, here.
Chicken often starts to taste rotten by 5 days. Once thawed, I use it
within 3 days, 4 at most.
I doubt that any rotting would be a problem at any temperature considering that marinade. Trust me.
Trust YOU? You don't have a clue about food.
--Bryan
Uhm, Ghe Ghe Ghe. This is my frogger. Yes. Ghe Ghe Ghe :)))))))))))
2022-01-07 21:07:46 UTC
I have enough of a clue to know about the cheap and good stuff without throwing away money, like you do!
Dave Smith
2022-01-07 22:01:21 UTC
Arnie
2022-01-05 23:25:56 UTC
On Tue, 4 Jan 2022 15:34:07 -0800 (PST), bruce bowser
CM> Does anyone out there have some recipes for chicken wings? The hotter
CM> the better.
The following was originally posted two or three years ago on the Fidonet
National Cooking Echo, under the title "Buffalo Wings from Hell."
Have fun. (I think that "Enjoy" may not be appropriate here.)
James' World's Hottest Wings!
Caution: The fumes from preparing this will make it difficult to breathe!
Don't attempt to eat with an ulcer.
2 Lbs Chicken Wings cut up Buffalo style
6 whole sorano chili peppers
6 whole red chili peppers
10 whole jalapeno peppers
2 cups white wine
1 Bottle Tabasco Sauce
1/2 Bottle Worcestershire sauce
10 Tablespoons Cayenne pepper
10 Tablespoons Durkee red-hot sauce
1 Tablespoon salt
3 Tablespoons pepper
1/2 Cup Vinegar
1 Fire Extinguisher (Optional....)
Ok.......
In a blender, carefully puree the peppers, wine, vinegar and all spices.
Caution, the fumes are deadly and wear rubber gloves or your fingers will
burn! Put the puree into a bowl and marinate the wings in the bowl in
the fridge for 5 days. After 5 days, carefully remove the wings and
broil them until cooked. Ususally aprox 15 mins (+/- 5 mins). Take
the marinade, put it on the stove, add 1/4 cup sugar and heat to a boil.
reduce until thick. Pour over wings and re-broil for about 5 more
minutes, serve with soda water for maximum heat effect but keep plenty
of ice water handy.
I created the above recipe earlier this year at my house warming, it
went over pretty well with those who could still talk, I guess I shoulda
marked the wing bowl HOT but hey, who's perfect. (p.s. these were
created on a bet over who could make the hottest wings. I won.)
* Origin: SeaHunt BBS, PCBoard / HST-DS 415-344-4348 (1:125/20)
* Origin: Point software for the Mac! (1:109/104.4214)
If I can go back and ask: why try to make wings so hot?
This is my frogger.