ADVICE
US Janet
2021-11-19 19:09:55 UTC
If you have a recipe that is particularly important to you or your
family, photo copy it and put it in a different place than your
regular recipes.
I've lost the original of a bread recipe that is one of my signiture
bread recipes.
Thankfully I have a copy of the original. I'll make another copy to
store with my folder of special recipes.
Good Advice.
Janet US
jmcquown
2021-11-19 19:20:40 UTC
Post by US Janet
If you have a recipe that is particularly important to you or your
family, photo copy it and put it in a different place than your
regular recipes.
I've lost the original of a bread recipe that is one of my signiture
bread recipes.
Thankfully I have a copy of the original. I'll make another copy to
store with my folder of special recipes.
Good Advice.
Janet US
It's excellent advice. I have several recipe boxes that have
hand-written recipe cards (mine and my mother's) but I also have photo
copies of the ones that are important to me or recipes I typed in from
those cards and printed out over the years. :)

2021-11-20 00:51:49 UTC
Post by US Janet
If you have a recipe that is particularly important to you or your
family, photo copy it and put it in a different place than your
regular recipes.
I've lost the original of a bread recipe that is one of my signiture
bread recipes.
Thankfully I have a copy of the original. I'll make another copy to
store with my folder of special recipes.
Good Advice.
Janet US
It's excellent advice. I have several recipe boxes that have
hand-written recipe cards (mine and my mother's) but I also have photo
copies of the ones that are important to me or recipes I typed in from
those cards and printed out over the years. :)
Jill
On a related note, it's good to photocopy old family photos. I've
slowly done bits of my grandparents photos over the years. One fire,
and all can be lost forever. A copy on a flash drive or CD can even be
stored in a safe deposit box.
GM
2021-11-20 00:54:48 UTC
Post by US Janet
[...]
Happy Friday...!!!

Four Fun Friday Kodachrome Car Photographs No. 328
November 19, 2021

"For the fun and enjoyment of our readers being able to join in and solve mysteries, in this weekly series, we ask you to tell us the year, make, and model of all of these vehicles. You can look back on over three hundred of the earlier posts in this series here. The images are via This Was Americar.

The lead image appears to contain a young man proudly posing with a used two-door hardtop at a get-together with family or friends. Perhaps the photo was taken by an older brother or friend that owned the white sports car parked behind his two-toned full-sized vehicle..."

https://theoldmotor.com/?p=187858

</>
Ed Pawlowski
2021-11-20 01:08:47 UTC
Post by US Janet
[...]
Nice '56 Chevy. Not sure of the Corvette but with the headlights it is
at least a '58. Older 50s Caddy on the street the little bump up on the
taillights is the give away. I'd guess 53 or 54.
Janet
2021-11-20 12:30:43 UTC
Post by US Janet
If you have a recipe that is particularly important to you or your
family, photo copy it and put it in a different place than your
regular recipes.
I've lost the original of a bread recipe that is one of my signiture
bread recipes.
Thankfully I have a copy of the original. I'll make another copy to
store with my folder of special recipes.
Good idea.

We also keep photocopies of Wills, driving licence, birth and
marriage certificates, passports, insurance covers stashed elsewhere for
safety.

Janet UK
Sheldon Martin
2021-11-20 18:14:54 UTC
Post by Janet
Post by US Janet
If you have a recipe that is particularly important to you or your
family, photo copy it and put it in a different place than your
regular recipes.
I've lost the original of a bread recipe that is one of my signiture
bread recipes.
Thankfully I have a copy of the original. I'll make another copy to
store with my folder of special recipes.
Good idea.
We also keep photocopies of Wills, driving licence, birth and
marriage certificates, passports, insurance covers stashed elsewhere for
safety.
Janet UK
I've always been keeping hard copies of all important documents...
anything important is never safe on the Web. I've always kept a hand
written phone/contact directory.
I will never trust computers.
Michael Trew
Late 50's Belair, it looks like.
jmcquown
2021-11-20 12:48:15 UTC
Post by US Janet
[...]
Like this?

The young woman in the back on the right is my maternal grandmother.
The woman seated at the front is my great grandmother, Liz. This pic
was taken around 1914 in Scotland. I have the necklace my grandmother
was wearing.

Jill
S Viemeister
2021-11-20 17:40:18 UTC
https://i.postimg.cc/GhWFJrNj/grandma-sisters.jpg
Attractive group. You are lucky to have that photo.
jmcquown
2021-11-20 18:08:13 UTC
Post by S Viemeister
Post by jmcquown
On a related note, it's good to photocopy old family photos.  I've
slowly done bits of my grandparents photos over the years.  One fire,
and all can be lost forever.  A copy on a flash drive or CD can even
be stored in a safe deposit box.
Like this?
https://i.postimg.cc/GhWFJrNj/grandma-sisters.jpg
The young woman in the back on the right is my maternal grandmother.
The woman seated at the front is my great grandmother, Liz.  This pic
was taken around 1914 in Scotland.  I have the necklace my grandmother
was wearing.
Attractive group. You are lucky to have that photo.
You can only imagine my surprise when I the photo and realized I was
given the necklace my grandmother was wearing. I knew it belonged to my
grandmoter but I didn't know there was a photo of her wearing it way
back when.

Isn't it pretty? I still wear it. :)

Jill
US Janet