What's wrong with this picture?
Add Reply
heyjoe
2022-01-06 15:06:31 UTC
Ever wonder why the noise to signal ratio is so high in RFC?
Yesterday's prolific posters -

Articles Name Most Used Newsreader
-------- -------------------------- --------------------
101 Bruce 7 ForteAgent
65 Michael Trew Mozilla
54 Arnie ForteAgent
38 Jeßus Forte Agent
33 Bruce 9 ForteAgent
31 Bruce 6 ForteAgent
22 Bruce 8 ForteAgent
18 John Kuthe G2
17 Dave Smith Mozilla
17 dsi1 G2
16 Sqwertz Mozilla
16 Cindy Hamilton G2
15 Hank Rogers Mozilla
14 jmcquown Mozilla
13 Thomas Joseph G2
12 bob Unison
11 Ed Pawlowski Mozilla
10 ***@sdf.org slrn
9 Gary Mozilla
9 Arn0 ForteAgent

Bonus question - Can you guess who the forgers are?
--
Ignoring one more nonsensical source
of useless noise is not a loss.
Arn0
2022-01-06 20:14:09 UTC
Post by heyjoe
Ever wonder why the noise to signal ratio is so high in RFC?
Yesterday's prolific posters -
Articles Name Most Used Newsreader
-------- -------------------------- --------------------
101 Bruce 7 ForteAgent
65 Michael Trew Mozilla
54 Arnie ForteAgent
38 Je??us Forte Agent
33 Bruce 9 ForteAgent
31 Bruce 6 ForteAgent
22 Bruce 8 ForteAgent
18 John Kuthe G2
17 Dave Smith Mozilla
17 dsi1 G2
16 Sqwertz Mozilla
16 Cindy Hamilton G2
15 Hank Rogers Mozilla
14 jmcquown Mozilla
13 Thomas Joseph G2
12 bob Unison
11 Ed Pawlowski Mozilla
9 Gary Mozilla
9 Arn0 ForteAgent
Bonus question - Can you guess who the forgers are?
You can do all that and still don't know how to use killfile? I
have 5 of the top 7 killfiled apparently. What is an "Arnie? (never
mind - doesn't matter).
Just a nice guy who pops in sometimes.
2022-01-06 21:21:35 UTC
Ah . . . but "Bruce" only shifts nyms to avoid his forgers.
Yah, sure, you betcha, snookums.
Hope Dave doesn't get your account pulled for using his email address.
Strange, nobody had a problem when I was being frogged by 3 different
accounts :) And I even add a signature to make it clear it's not
really Dave. Oh, the hypocrisy!

RFC, for all your double standards
heyjoe
2022-01-06 21:32:04 UTC
Strange, nobody had a problem when I was being frogged by 3 different
accounts
-----
<http://www.eternal-september.org/index.php?showpage=abuse>
Q: Will we terminate an account for forging?

A: Yes. If it really is a forge. A forge is not having the same name,
it is having the same email address. If a user is posting with your
email address in their From: line we will terminate the account.

In extreme circumstances (it must be obvious and it is our judgment
that is used) we will terminate an account if a user is deliberately
spoofing you to cause trouble, but we will first warn that user to
stop.

Please note that we do not act on third party complaints for spoofing.
----

Read and understand that last line.
"Only YOU can prevent forest fires."
Dave Smith
2022-01-06 21:36:27 UTC
Post by heyjoe
Post by Dave Smith
Strange, nobody had a problem when I was being frogged by 3 different
accounts
-----
<http://www.eternal-september.org/index.php?showpage=abuse>
Q: Will we terminate an account for forging?
A: Yes. If it really is a forge. A forge is not having the same name,
it is having the same email address. If a user is posting with your
email address in their From: line we will terminate the account.
That would only terminate one of the 3 accounts that are forging me.
2022-01-07 03:01:52 UTC
Ah . . . but "Bruce" only shifts nyms to avoid his forgers.
Yah, sure, you betcha, snookums.
Hope Dave doesn't get your account pulled for using his email address.
Strange, nobody had a problem when I was being frogged by 3 different
accounts :) And I even add a signature to make it clear it's not
really Dave. Oh, the hypocrisy!
RFC, for all your double standards
Don't feel bad Dave. Nobody came to my "rescue" when the Boner
forged over 19,000 posts of mine over a 4-5 year period. I only
vaguely remember you being forged for brief nano-second in
comparison.

Joe here just wants to whine about something he doesn't understand.
While he looked up the rules and all that "good stuff" and quoted it
here, he thinks that will "scare" whoever away. But he never filed
any "official" complaint about what he's trying to bitch about.

The "real Bruce" OTOH should just reinvent herself. She wasn't well
liked for years prior, so why and try and preserve that sentiment
with all this drama and frustration?

Just reinvent yourself and pop in as a "newcomer" to RFC and take it
from there. It worked for Michael Trew - nobody would ever suspect
that HE is *~Patches~* of pizza fame. Until now...

2022-01-07 04:15:52 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
The "real Bruce" OTOH should just reinvent herself. She wasn't well
liked for years prior, so why and try and preserve that sentiment
with all this drama and frustration?
I could do that, but the moment I say anything that links me to the
old Bruce, Greg (or 2 Gregs) and Boner will start again. People here,
except Gary and you so far, don't understand that they are the real
problem. I don't really want to frog Dave or anyone else, that's why
I'm adding the signature.
Post by Sqwertz
Just reinvent yourself and pop in as a "newcomer" to RFC and take it
from there. It worked for Michael Trew - nobody would ever suspect
that HE is *~Patches~* of pizza fame. Until now...
I knew Michael wasn't as innocent as he wants to come across.
2022-01-07 05:50:46 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
The "real Bruce" OTOH should just reinvent herself. She wasn't well
liked for years prior, so why and try and preserve that sentiment
with all this drama and frustration?
I could do that, but the moment I say anything that links me to the
old Bruce, Greg (or 2 Gregs) and Boner will start again. People here,
except Gary and you so far, don't understand that they are the real
problem.
So you're saying that you're "Bruce" posting as regulars trying to
.... Uh... what? Discredit Boner for forging you? <boggle> Or...

I could figure this all out if I empty my killfile and do some
clickety-click stuff, but I came the conclusion a couple months ago
that I mostly don't give a shit anymore.

Lots of people here know I've done my fair share of "pro-bono" work
on others behalf. I have a great rapport with ALL the news admins
<snork>. If there is a Dave anymore and he needs some suggestions,
he can email or FB me.

But hiding behind Dave (and probably others) as some sort of excuse
while "we're the problem" is fucking pathetic, whoever you are. I
don't know how you've managed to twist that around to that
conclusion in your head, but it's fucking twisted, for sure.

ObFood: Porterhouse steak for dinner. Gimme a minute to develop the
camera film ...

2022-01-07 06:36:44 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
But hiding behind Dave (and probably others) as some sort of excuse
while "we're the problem" is fucking pathetic, whoever you are. I
don't know how you've managed to twist that around to that
conclusion in your head, but it's fucking twisted, for sure.
Amazing logic, isn't it? He's a 'victim', so naturally forging a RFC
regular (that he happens to dislike) makes perfect sense.
Dave Smith
2022-01-07 07:13:18 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
But hiding behind Dave (and probably others) as some sort of excuse
while "we're the problem" is fucking pathetic, whoever you are. I
don't know how you've managed to twist that around to that
conclusion in your head, but it's fucking twisted, for sure.
Amazing logic, isn't it? He's a 'victim', so naturally forging a RFC
regular (that he happens to dislike) makes perfect sense.
Yup. Thanks for understanding.
2022-01-07 13:16:01 UTC
So I post under Dave's name. The froggers don't want to see him
killfiled. I could also have picked Jill or Ed etc.
You do have a problem with the trollie that stalks you. You change your
name and often the troll picks up on it within minutes.

My advice (what would I do in your situation):

Read and respond to messages under a new fake name every day. But not a
name that is used here. Save all your responses as draft or in your
unsent folder.

Then post many responses all at once before the troll can copy you.
Do that once or twice a day, different name each time.

Hope that helps. :)
Dave Smith
2022-01-07 14:25:17 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
So you're saying that you're "Bruce" posting as regulars trying to
.... Uh... what? Discredit Boner for forging you? <boggle> Or...
I could figure this all out if I empty my killfile and do some
clickety-click stuff, but I came the conclusion a couple months ago
that I mostly don't give a shit anymore.
Lots of people here know I've done my fair share of "pro-bono" work
on others behalf. I have a great rapport with ALL the news admins
<snork>. If there is a Dave anymore and he needs some suggestions,
he can email or FB me.
But hiding behind Dave (and probably others) as some sort of excuse
while "we're the problem" is fucking pathetic, whoever you are. I
don't know how you've managed to twist that around to that
conclusion in your head, but it's fucking twisted, for sure.
Pretty much everything he has done here has been a pathetic cry for
attention, the constant sniping that got him into kill files, his
constant nymshifting to get past the filters, the frogging. They are
all cries for attention. Maybe his mother weaned him too early. He
probably got bullied a lot in school now he is lashing out from than
anonymity of his keyboard.

I didn't protest when he was being frogged? It wasn't my battle. As you
pointed out, it is up to the person being frogged to complain. If
someone is hassling him because he is such an annoying pest I suppose he
could nymshift again but come back as a more mature and less annoying
and he might be accepted.
Dave Smith
2022-01-07 17:29:06 UTC
On Fri, 7 Jan 2022 09:25:17 -0500, Dave Smith
Post by Dave Smith
Pretty much everything he has done here has been a pathetic cry for
attention, the constant sniping that got him into kill files, his
constant nymshifting to get past the filters, the frogging. They are
all cries for attention. Maybe his mother weaned him too early. He
probably got bullied a lot in school now he is lashing out from than
anonymity of his keyboard.
I didn't protest when he was being frogged? It wasn't my battle. As you
pointed out, it is up to the person being frogged to complain. If
someone is hassling him because he is such an annoying pest I suppose he
could nymshift again but come back as a more mature and less annoying
and he might be accepted.
I have the right to say what I want to say without being cancelled by
a couple of immature trolls. And who wants to killfile me can do so.
But killfile me because you can't handle my posts, not because a troll
wants you to.

Your inability or refusal to understand this says a lot about you. And
it ain't good.
2022-01-07 17:57:56 UTC
On Fri, 7 Jan 2022 12:48:50 -0500, Dave Smith
Post by Dave Smith
I have the right to say what I want to say without being cancelled by
a couple of immature trolls. And who wants to killfile me can do so.
But killfile me because you can't handle my posts, not because a troll
wants you to.
Of course you have the right to say whatever the fuck you want to say.
I just love how you put that.
We just don't have to listen.
Of course not. You can killfile me. But not because a troll wants you
to. Because YOU want to.
2022-01-07 18:04:58