Local interesting place
Add Reply
cshenk
2021-09-29 22:21:42 UTC
https://beachcinemaalehouse.com/page/15607/Menu

Gary might have been there? Open again if you missed it.
Mike Duffy
2021-09-29 23:10:08 UTC
Post by cshenk
https://beachcinemaalehouse.com/page/15607/Menu
Gary might have been there? Open again if you missed it.
Other than salad, here is nothing raw on the menu, so I'm wondering about
the disclaimer at the bottom:

Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poulty, seafood, shellfish, or eggs
may increase your risk of food borne illness.

Is this sort of disclaimer required in VA / Virginia Beach?
Michael Trew
2021-09-30 04:44:09 UTC
Post by Mike Duffy
Post by cshenk
https://beachcinemaalehouse.com/page/15607/Menu
Gary might have been there? Open again if you missed it.
Other than salad, here is nothing raw on the menu, so I'm wondering about
Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poulty, seafood, shellfish, or eggs
may increase your risk of food borne illness.
Is this sort of disclaimer required in VA / Virginia Beach?
I've seen that disclaimer at Pennsylvania restaurants.. maybe it's a
"commonwealth" thing.. can anyone vouch for Kentucky? Lol
Cindy Hamilton
2021-09-30 09:00:47 UTC
Post by Mike Duffy
Post by cshenk
https://beachcinemaalehouse.com/page/15607/Menu
Gary might have been there? Open again if you missed it.
Other than salad, here is nothing raw on the menu, so I'm wondering about
Hamburgers cooked rare.
Post by Mike Duffy
Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poulty, seafood, shellfish, or eggs
may increase your risk of food borne illness.
Is this sort of disclaimer required in VA / Virginia Beach?
I've seen it in Michigan and (IIRC) Ohio.

Cindy Hamilton
Bruce 0.76 Beta
2021-09-30 09:14:27 UTC
On Thu, 30 Sep 2021 02:00:47 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
Post by Cindy Hamilton
Post by Mike Duffy
Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poulty, seafood, shellfish, or eggs
may increase your risk of food borne illness.
Is this sort of disclaimer required in VA / Virginia Beach?
I've seen it in Michigan and (IIRC) Ohio.
Americans are suing each other silly:

"While you have lunch or dinner at our premises, a meteor may fall
through the roof and injure or kill you. Enter at your own risk."
Cindy Hamilton
2021-09-30 09:26:26 UTC
Post by Cindy Hamilton
Post by Mike Duffy
Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poulty, seafood, shellfish, or eggs
may increase your risk of food borne illness.
Is this sort of disclaimer required in VA / Virginia Beach?
I've seen it in Michigan and (IIRC) Ohio.
"While you have lunch or dinner at our premises, a meteor may fall
through the roof and injure or kill you. Enter at your own risk."
In some states, the health department mandates the warning. IIRC
in a few states, restaurants are legally not allowed to serve a
burger cooked rare. It has to be cooked to an internal temperature
of 71 C.

Cindy Hamilton
Bruce 0.76 Beta
Just like many countries have laws against raw milk cheese.
Sheldon Martin
2021-09-30 13:17:29 UTC
Post by Cindy Hamilton
Post by Mike Duffy
Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poulty, seafood, shellfish, or eggs
may increase your risk of food borne illness.
Is this sort of disclaimer required in VA / Virginia Beach?
I've seen it in Michigan and (IIRC) Ohio.
"While you have lunch or dinner at our premises, a meteor may fall
through the roof and injure or kill you. Enter at your own risk."
In some states, the health department mandates the warning. IIRC
in a few states, restaurants are legally not allowed to serve a
burger cooked rare. It has to be cooked to an internal temperature
of 71 C.
Cindy Hamilton
That's true in many states. We used to travel with our cat and it was
difficult to find a restaurant that would cook a burger rare, the way
she'd eat it.
Ophelia
LOL
Sheldon Martin
2021-09-30 13:13:21 UTC
Post by Cindy Hamilton
Post by Mike Duffy
Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poulty, seafood, shellfish, or eggs
may increase your risk of food borne illness.
Is this sort of disclaimer required in VA / Virginia Beach?
I've seen it in Michigan and (IIRC) Ohio.
Cindy Hamilton
We have medium rare burgers all the time, however I grind the meat and
grill it immediately. I'd not recommend rare burgers at any eatery. I
usually don't make burgers, I prefer ground steak, 12+ ounces, no bun.
bob
2021-09-30 18:10:35 UTC
Post by Cindy Hamilton
Post by Mike Duffy
Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poulty, seafood, shellfish, or eggs
may increase your risk of food borne illness.
Is this sort of disclaimer required in VA / Virginia Beach?
I've seen it in Michigan and (IIRC) Ohio.
Cindy Hamilton
We have medium rare burgers all the time, however I grind the meat and
grill it immediately. I'd not recommend rare burgers at any eatery. I
usually don't make burgers, I prefer ground steak, 12+ ounces, no bun.
Wait, you make medium rare burgers all the time but you usually don't
make burgers? This is rather confusing.
Bruce 0.76 Beta
How things can change between two sips of vodka.
Cindy Hamilton
2021-09-30 19:41:40 UTC
Post by bob
Post by Sheldon Martin
We have medium rare burgers all the time, however I grind the meat and
grill it immediately. I'd not recommend rare burgers at any eatery. I
usually don't make burgers, I prefer ground steak, 12+ ounces, no bun.
Wait, you make medium rare burgers all the time but you usually don't
make burgers? This is rather confusing.
It looks like he's trying to say he serves burgers without buns, but he doesn't
call them burgers; he calls them ground steak.

Or perhaps he's making a fine distinction: burgers are made with lesser
cuts, but he grinds up steak to eat without a bun.

Cindy Hamilton
bob
2021-09-30 20:20:44 UTC
Post by bob
Post by Sheldon Martin
We have medium rare burgers all the time, however I grind the meat and
grill it immediately. I'd not recommend rare burgers at any eatery. I
usually don't make burgers, I prefer ground steak, 12+ ounces, no bun.
Wait, you make medium rare burgers all the time but you usually don't
make burgers? This is rather confusing.
It looks like he's trying to say he serves burgers without buns, but he doesn't
call them burgers; he calls them ground steak.
Or perhaps he's making a fine distinction: burgers are made with lesser
cuts, but he grinds up steak to eat without a bun.
Cindy Hamilton
Fair enough. It was a rather round about way of saying such which
appeared to say I make burgers and I don't make burgers.

A lot of usenetters make up stuff and forget what they said last post
but they don't usually do a full '"180" in a three sentence paragraph.
Michael Trew
2021-10-01 01:18:48 UTC
Post by bob
Post by Sheldon Martin
We have medium rare burgers all the time, however I grind the meat and
grill it immediately. I'd not recommend rare burgers at any eatery. I
usually don't make burgers, I prefer ground steak, 12+ ounces, no bun.
Wait, you make medium rare burgers all the time but you usually don't
make burgers? This is rather confusing.
It looks like he's trying to say he serves burgers without buns, but he doesn't
call them burgers; he calls them ground steak.
Or perhaps he's making a fine distinction: burgers are made with lesser
cuts, but he grinds up steak to eat without a bun.
Cindy Hamilton
Fair enough. It was a rather round about way of saying such which
appeared to say I make burgers and I don't make burgers.
A lot of usenetters make up stuff and forget what they said last post
but they don't usually do a full '"180" in a three sentence paragraph.
LOL except for John.. sometimes he does a full 180 twice in a short
paragraph!
Sheldon Martin
2021-10-01 12:29:52 UTC
On Thu, 30 Sep 2021 21:18:48 -0400, Michael Trew
Post by bob
Post by Sheldon Martin
[...]
A Ground Steak used to be a NYC diner staple, an oversized burger
pattie sans bun, usually served on a plate with mashed potato, gravy,
and a veggie plus a cup of soup or a small salad. NYC diners
typically put a basket of rolls on the table. I still make ground
steak for dinner at home... a 12 ounce pattie grilled on the Weber.
I've posted about Ground Steak at diners several times over the
years... the newbies wouldn't know. Which cut of beef varies, could
be an actual steak but usually not at a diner... at home I grind top
round or lean chuck. At home I cheat, I make my patties more than a
pound, cats get a share too.

Yesterday I changed my mind about what to do with that cabbage, it got
chopped up and became cabbage soup. I went into town and bought a top
round steak that I diced and sauted. I also bought carrots, a five
pound bag of gorgeous large sweet carrots, I diced three for the soup.
Carrots never get wasted here, lots of deer to help eat them. Just
needed a can of crushed tomatoes, I buy the 28 oz size by the case. I
added 3 bay leaves and SnP. Simmered for hours in a 12 qt pot. I
always count how many bay leaves and am sure to pull that many out.

The temperature dropped into the low 40s last night so the fall
foliage in the Northern Catskills is magnificent in the bright morning
sun, hurts my eyes to look at my sugar maples.

Oh, forgot to mention, I make my cabbage soup sweet & sour with a
handful of raisins and the juice of half a lemon... the lemon rind
goes in my Crystal Palace glass. In the morning that lemon rind gets
tossed out my window, critters eat it, nothing wasted. Orange rinds
get diced small, wild birds eat it.
https://postimg.cc/gallery/4xPN7JQ
https://postimg.cc/gallery/Y443YM9
The Toolmaker is one of the World's two oldest professions.
https://postimg.cc/kBB0JmRP
Michael Trew
2021-10-01 19:04:46 UTC
A Ground Steak used to be a NYC diner staple, an oversized burger
pattie sans bun, usually served on a plate with mashed potato, gravy,
and a veggie plus a cup of soup or a small salad. NYC diners
typically put a basket of rolls on the table.
That sounds Salisbury steak.. good dinner.
Post by Sheldon Martin
Yesterday I changed my mind about what to do with that cabbage, it got
chopped up and became cabbage soup. I went into town and bought a top
round steak that I diced and sauted. I also bought carrots, a five
pound bag of gorgeous large sweet carrots, I diced three for the soup.
I think I'm fixing to make a pot of cabbage soup here soon. My cabbage
did not go well this year at all, I don't think I'll get much of
anything from it. The critters had a good meal, I suppose.
Post by Sheldon Martin
Oh, forgot to mention, I make my cabbage soup sweet& sour with a
handful of raisins and the juice of half a lemon... the lemon rind
goes in my Crystal Palace glass. In the morning that lemon rind gets
tossed out my window, critters eat it, nothing wasted. Orange rinds
get diced small, wild birds eat it.
https://postimg.cc/gallery/4xPN7JQ
https://postimg.cc/gallery/Y443YM9
Do they get drunk from it? Lol

Those must be old pictures; that's a lot of snow.
Hank Rogers
2021-10-02 01:03:49 UTC
Post by Sheldon Martin
Oh, forgot to mention, I make my cabbage soup sweet&  sour with a
handful of raisins and the juice of half a lemon... the lemon rind
goes in my Crystal Palace glass.  In the morning that lemon rind
gets
tossed out my window, critters eat it, nothing wasted.  Orange rinds
get diced small, wild birds eat it.
https://postimg.cc/gallery/4xPN7JQ
https://postimg.cc/gallery/Y443YM9
Do they get drunk from it?  Lol
Those must be old pictures; that's a lot of snow.
Popeye's cabbages are usually at least 50 pounders.

The animals there stay drunk. Popeye throws stuff from his ever
present crystal palace glass out his window. The animals gobble it
up, and it's pure alcohol. They don't even notice they are standing
in a garbage dump.
dsi1
I think what uncle is trying to say is that life is an enigma, rolled in a paradox, battered in a mystery, and deep-fried in a lie.
Hank Rogers
Putting it through yoose meat grinder sterilizes things Popeye.
cshenk
Yup!
dsi1
2021-09-30 10:13:37 UTC
I like the concept. I'd try anything once!
cshenk
2021-10-04 00:26:16 UTC
Looks like fun and not worried it the food is top shelf grande.
Gary
2021-09-30 11:36:20 UTC
Post by cshenk
https://beachcinemaalehouse.com/page/15607/Menu
Gary might have been there? Open again if you missed it.
VERY close to me...5 minutes walking distance.
I did go there many years ago when they first opened as just a double
movie theatre.

Then that failed and it sat empty until someone turned it into a
dinner/movie theatre. I have no interest in that.

I like a good dinner with movie but I'll enjoy that in my own house.
jmcquown
2021-10-02 00:03:28 UTC
Post by cshenk
https://beachcinemaalehouse.com/page/15607/Menu
Gary might have been there?  Open again if you missed it.
VERY close to me...5 minutes walking distance.
I did go there many years ago when they first opened as just a double
movie theatre.
Then that failed and it sat empty until someone turned it into a
dinner/movie theatre. I have no interest in that.
I like a good dinner with movie but I'll enjoy that in my own house.
I've been to a "dinner theater" exactly once. It was a company outing
back around 1982. The VP of the department where I worked at Prudential
said "We're all going out to lunch!" So we all drove to a place
called the Gaslight Dinner Theater in Whitehaven where he had arranged
for us to see a matinee performance and have lunch. It was fun, but not
something I'd care to do on a regular basis.

Jill
cshenk
2021-10-04 00:28:43 UTC
Post by cshenk
https://beachcinemaalehouse.com/page/15607/Menu
Gary might have been there? Open again if you missed it.
VERY close to me...5 minutes walking distance.
I did go there many years ago when they first opened as just a double
movie theatre.
Then that failed and it sat empty until someone turned it into a
dinner/movie theatre. I have no interest in that.
I like a good dinner with movie but I'll enjoy that in my own house.
Looks like fun to me though!

There used to be a place near Town Center that had live plays and a
dinner. Sadly, it seems gone now.
John Kuthe
2021-10-04 00:48:28 UTC
Post by cshenk
https://beachcinemaalehouse.com/page/15607/Menu
Gary might have been there? Open again if you missed it.
I can't click on the link and get to the menu. When I click on it I get the following error:

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from beachcinemaalehouse.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

Same error I get trying to go to PostImages.org! :-(

2021-10-04 00:54:34 UTC
Post by cshenk
https://beachcinemaalehouse.com/page/15607/Menu
Gary might have been there? Open again if you missed it.
Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from beachcinemaalehouse.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID
Same error I get trying to go to PostImages.org! :-(
Works BEAUTIFULLY for me, John...!!!

Then burgers look MIGHTY good...YUM...!!!

;-D
2021-10-09 17:20:58 UTC
Sorry John, I can't fix your computer issues.
Don't feel bad, neither can Mr. Computer Degree fix his computer
issues.
Dave Smith
2021-10-09 17:46:23 UTC
Sorry John, I can't fix your computer issues.
Don't feel bad, neither can Mr. Computer Degree fix his computer
issues.
Ain't that a damned shame. According to his constant crowing, he is the
most qualified person in this group to deal with computer technology but
he is the one who has the most issues and simply cannot fix them himself.
i***@webtv.net
2021-10-09 18:25:19 UTC
Sorry John, I can't fix your computer issues.
Don't feel bad, neither can Mr. Computer Degree fix his computer
issues.
Ain't that a damned shame. According to his constant crowing, he is the
most qualified person in this group to deal with computer technology but
he is the one who has the most issues and simply cannot fix them himself.
Yeah, you'd think WE would be going to him for computer help and advice the
way he crows about his "degree." Ain't gonna happen.
i***@webtv.net
2021-10-09 18:36:30 UTC
JOHN HAS A COMPUTER STUFF DEGREE BUT HE CAN'T EVEN SOLVE THE SMALLEST
COMPUTER PROBLEMS.
Watcha think?
I can't speak for the others here, but I'm glad to see you're finally seeing
the light; keep up the good work Bruce, you're coming around.

He's clueless in fixing his pc and cell phone.
Bruce 0.76 Beta
2021-10-09 18:44:07 UTC
JOHN HAS A COMPUTER STUFF DEGREE BUT HE CAN'T EVEN SOLVE THE SMALLEST
COMPUTER PROBLEMS.
Watcha think?
I can't speak for the others here, but I'm glad to see you're finally seeing
the light; keep up the good work Bruce, you're coming around.
He's clueless in fixing his pc and cell phone.
I've known that for as long as you, probably, but I don't see the
point in saying it every day.
Sheldon Martin
2021-10-09 20:37:40 UTC
JOHN HAS A COMPUTER STUFF DEGREE BUT HE CAN'T EVEN SOLVE THE SMALLEST
COMPUTER PROBLEMS.
Watcha think?
I can't speak for the others here, but I'm glad to see you're finally seeing
the light; keep up the good work Bruce, you're coming around.
He's clueless in fixing his pc and cell phone.
Kootchie can't even fix his sexual problems unless he pulls on his own
peepee... and any normal one year old can satify their own sexual
needs in their crib by rocking on their pillow. If Kootchie had any
computer skills he'd he'd go to:
https://www.fatherly.com/health-science/masturbation-what-is-normal-kids-when-parents-should-worry/
At 61 Kootchie has always definitely been an immature freak. If
Kootchie had a girlfriend to share his fantasies with in private he
may be considered normal but sharing his child masturbation on the net
he is not normal, in fact he is very ill...dangerously sick. I hope
no one lets Kootchie near their child.
Hank Rogers
2021-10-09 22:47:34 UTC
[...]
Popeye, YOOSE a LOT sicker than poor old kuth.

He's fucked up bad, but nowhere near as gone as your sorry ass.

Hell, he never even fucked his aunt.
jmcquown
2021-10-09 23:11:58 UTC
JOHN HAS A COMPUTER STUFF DEGREE BUT HE CAN'T EVEN SOLVE THE SMALLEST
COMPUTER PROBLEMS.
Watcha think?
I can't speak for the others here, but I'm glad to see you're finally seeing
the light; keep up the good work Bruce, you're coming around.
He's clueless in fixing his pc and cell phone.
For some reason he also thinks (from some other wacky post of his) we're
all using cell phones to access RFC and that is somehow screwing things
up for him. <boggle>

2021-10-10 00:53:40 UTC
For some reason he also thinks (from some other wacky post of his) we're
all using cell phones to access RFC and that is somehow screwing things
up for him. <boggle>
Jill
Yeah, I don't know where that came from. I'd never use a cell phone to
access this site. I highly doubt anyone on this site is using their cell
phone to post and if they were, it wouldn't screw it up for him.
cshenk
2021-10-10 01:18:21 UTC
For some reason he also thinks (from some other wacky post of his)
we're all using cell phones to access RFC and that is somehow
screwing things up for him. <boggle>
Jill
Yeah, I don't know where that came from. I'd never use a cell phone
to access this site. I highly doubt anyone on this site is using
their cell phone to post and if they were, it wouldn't screw it up
for him.
I'm trying to think of how to even post from a cellphone. Maybe GG
would work? Fun little test but doubt anyone is doing that and as you
say, can't possibly mess with him.
Bruce 0.76 Beta
2021-10-10 01:26:15 UTC
On Sat, 09 Oct 2021 20:18:21 -0500, "cshenk"
Post by cshenk
For some reason he also thinks (from some other wacky post of his)
we're all using cell phones to access RFC and that is somehow
screwing things up for him. <boggle>
Jill
Yeah, I don't know where that came from. I'd never use a cell phone
to access this site. I highly doubt anyone on this site is using
their cell phone to post and if they were, it wouldn't screw it up
for him.
I'm trying to think of how to even post from a cellphone. Maybe GG
would work? Fun little test but doubt anyone is doing that and as you
say, can't possibly mess with him.
I know people who post to Usenet from a mobile phone and they always
mention a program called Newstap.
Michael Trew
That would be horrible, with that tiny screen and tinier keyboard.
Bruce 0.77 Beta
Maybe if you cut your finger nails really pointy.
Hank Rogers
2021-10-10 04:04:33 UTC
On Saturday, October 9, 2021 at 6:12:04 PM UTC-5,
Post by jmcquown
For some reason he also thinks (from some other wacky post of his)
we're all using cell phones to access RFC and that is somehow
screwing things up for him.<boggle>
Jill
Yeah, I don't know where that came from.  I'd never use a cell
phone
to access this site.  I highly doubt anyone on this site is using
their cell phone to post and if they were, it wouldn't screw it up
for him.
I'm trying to think of how to even post from a cellphone.  Maybe GG
would work?  Fun little test but doubt anyone is doing that and
as you
say, can't possibly mess with him.
That would be horrible, with that tiny screen and tinier keyboard.
Surely it can be done. GG works on most any web browser (I think)
and cell phones have a variety of web browsers. chrome, firefox,
opera, safari, edge, and several others.

Probably very easy for a young person with good eyesight and finger
dexterity.

Kuth just had a hard day polishing his glabrous nuts.
Michael Trew
2021-10-10 04:08:36 UTC
Post by cshenk
I'm trying to think of how to even post from a cellphone. Maybe GG
would work? Fun little test but doubt anyone is doing that and as you
say, can't possibly mess with him.
That would be horrible, with that tiny screen and tinier keyboard.
Surely it can be done. GG works on most any web browser (I think) and
cell phones have a variety of web browsers. chrome, firefox, opera,
safari, edge, and several others.
Probably very easy for a young person with good eyesight and finger
dexterity.
I'm as slow as a slug on a touch screen.. peck, peck, peck.. I'd have no
interest here or typing elsewhere without a full sized keyboard.

I am not Cindy level, but I type quite proficiently with a real
keyboard.. most people in person are surprised at the speed at which I
type. I don't score well on WPM typing tests, because I tend to make a
few mistakes and have to backtrack, especially if I have to type words
from their list.
Hank Rogers
2021-10-10 04:24:58 UTC
Post by cshenk
[...]
You can speed it up if you take a tip from Popeye and forget about
spelling and grammar. A little crystal palace would also help too.
i***@webtv.net
2021-10-10 05:32:50 UTC
I'm as slow as a slug on a touch screen.. peck, peck, peck.. I'd have no
interest here or typing elsewhere without a full sized keyboard.
I am not Cindy level, but I type quite proficiently with a real
keyboard. I don't score well on WPM typing tests, because I tend to make a
Cut and paste is your redemption if you have to type words from their list.
jmcquown
2021-10-10 13:32:43 UTC
I'm as slow as a slug on a touch screen.. peck, peck, peck.. I'd have no
interest here or typing elsewhere without a full sized keyboard.
I am not Cindy level, but I type quite proficiently with a real
keyboard. I don't score well on WPM typing tests, because I tend to make a
few mistakes and have to backtrack, especially if I have to type words
from their list.
Cut and paste is your redemption if you have to type words from their list.
I took typing classes in HS, pre home computer era. These days I still
type very fast and I do still make typos. If I'm not certain about
spelling I'll run spell check. Sometimes backtracking to delete and
retype or correct things results in different types of errors. But I
still type very quickly! Definitely couldn't do that on a cell phone.

2021-10-10 17:40:43 UTC
Cut and paste is your redemption if you have to type words from their list.
I took typing classes in HS, pre home computer era. These days I still
type very fast and I do still make typos. If I'm not certain about
spelling I'll run spell check. Sometimes backtracking to delete and
retype or correct things results in different types of errors. But I
still type very quickly! Definitely couldn't do that on a cell phone.
Jill
Me, too. First year of typing was getting familiar with the keys and building
up speed. Second year was learning how to compose business letters and
setting tabs for columns, etc. while still building up speed.

I've installed Microsoft Editor as an extension and it helps with grammar,
and punctuation plus suggesting words that are more concise. Cell phones
have dumbed down people's writing/typing skills.
Michael Trew
2021-10-10 15:10:12 UTC
I'm as slow as a slug on a touch screen.. peck, peck, peck.. I'd have no
interest here or typing elsewhere without a full sized keyboard.
I am not Cindy level, but I type quite proficiently with a real
keyboard. I don't score well on WPM typing tests, because I tend to make a
few mistakes and have to backtrack, especially if I have to type words
from their list.
Cut and paste is your redemption if you have to type words from their list.
Sorry, I meant copying as in, if you take an online word per minute
typing speed test, it gives you a list of words or sentences to type in,
and for some reason, I regularly make typos when attempting those.. not
as regularly when I'm thinking about what I want to type before I type it.

..Or were you suggesting to cheat on the typing test? Lol
i***@webtv.net
2021-10-10 17:48:06 UTC
Cut and paste is your redemption if you have to type words from their list.
Sorry, I meant copying as in, if you take an online word per minute
typing speed test, it gives you a list of words or sentences to type in,
and for some reason, I regularly make typos when attempting those.. not
as regularly when I'm thinking about what I want to type before I type it.
..Or were you suggesting to cheat on the typing test? Lol
You seem to be fond of extra periods. You could improve your typing skills
if you'd leave off .. before typing a sentence as well as .. at the end of sentences.
Michael Trew
2021-10-10 23:58:31 UTC
Cut and paste is your redemption if you have to type words from their list.
Sorry, I meant copying as in, if you take an online word per minute
typing speed test, it gives you a list of words or sentences to type in,
and for some reason, I regularly make typos when attempting those.. not
as regularly when I'm thinking about what I want to type before I type it.
..Or were you suggesting to cheat on the typing test? Lol
You seem to be fond of extra periods. You could improve your typing skills
if you'd leave off .. before typing a sentence as well as .. at the end of sentences.
Goodness, you're picky. It was an honest question; don't take
everything so personally. Since "Or" is not a proper way to start a
sentence, I added them as if in mid thought, similar to how one might speak.
jmcquown
2021-10-11 00:09:50 UTC
Cut and paste is your redemption if you have to type words from their list.
Sorry, I meant copying as in, if you take an online word per minute
typing speed test, it gives you a list of words or sentences to type in,
and for some reason, I regularly make typos when attempting those.. not
as regularly when I'm thinking about what I want to type before I type it.
..Or were you suggesting to cheat on the typing test? Lol
You seem to be fond of extra periods. You could improve your typing skills
if you'd leave off .. before typing a sentence as well as .. at the end of sentences.
Goodness, you're picky.  It was an honest question; don't take
everything so personally.  Since "Or" is not a proper way to start a
sentence, I added them as if in mid thought, similar to how one might speak.
You mean an ellipsis... a pause before a thought. Three dots, not two. :)

2021-10-11 01:35:28 UTC
[...]
Yes... that's just me being lazy typing I suppose. (I didn't know what
it was called)
i***@webtv.net
Yes, and they should be used judiciously.
GM
2021-10-11 02:32:49 UTC
Goodness, you're picky. It was an honest question; don't take
everything so personally. Since "Or" is not a proper way to start a
sentence, I added them as if in mid thought, similar to how one might speak.
You mean an ellipsis... a pause before a thought. Three dots, not two. :)
Jill
Yes, and they should be used judiciously.
I will confess, I use them constantly...at least here...
Leonard Blaisdell
2021-10-11 07:40:10 UTC
I will confess, I use them constantly...at least here...
<AOL>Me too!</AOL> I post as I speak here. I'm not writing a thesis. I
even post two subjects without a predicate and vice versa for any given
thought.
I notice that you don't put a space after the ellipsis. A whole bunch of
people don't do that, which is improper, if one's keeping score.
GM
2021-10-11 13:38:49 UTC
Post by Leonard Blaisdell
Post by GM
I will confess, I use them constantly...at least here...
<AOL>Me too!</AOL> I post as I speak here. I'm not writing a thesis. I
even post two subjects without a predicate and vice versa for any given
thought.
I notice that you don't put a space after the ellipsis. A whole bunch of
people don't do that, which is improper, if one's keeping score.
Ah, in future I shall strive to be "proper", then...

;-)
Leonard Blaisdell
2021-10-12 12:23:26 UTC
Ah, in future I shall strive to be "proper", then...
Nah, nah. What I wrote was poorly written. There are no spaces after an
ellipsis unless it's a trailing thought. Or before it either. On the
other hand, I could be wrong...

S Viemeister
2021-10-11 11:48:53 UTC
You seem to be fond of extra periods. You could improve your typing skills
if you'd leave off .. before typing a sentence as well as .. at the end of sentences.
Goodness, you're picky.  It was an honest question; don't take
everything so personally.  Since "Or" is not a proper way to start a
sentence, I added them as if in mid thought, similar to how one might speak.
You may find this article of interest -
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellipsis>
Michael Trew
2021-10-11 15:21:25 UTC
Post by S Viemeister
You seem to be fond of extra periods. You could improve your typing skills
if you'd leave off .. before typing a sentence as well as .. at the end of sentences.
Goodness, you're picky. It was an honest question; don't take
everything so personally. Since "Or" is not a proper way to start a
sentence, I added them as if in mid thought, similar to how one might speak.
You may find this article of interest -
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellipsis>
Thanks. So basically, it's become overused in some cases.

Quote from Wiki: "Although an ellipsis is technically complete with
three periods (...), its rise in popularity as a "trailing-off" or
"silence" indicator, particularly in mid-20th-century comic strip and
comic book prose writing, has led to expanded uses online. Today,
extended ellipses anywhere from two to dozens of periods have become
common constructions in Internet chat rooms and text messages.[40] The
extent of repetition in itself might serve as an additional
contextualization or paralinguistic cue, to "extend the lexical meaning
of the words, add character to the sentences, and allow fine-tuning and
personalisation (sic) of the message"."
dsi1
The latest version of Google Groups is read-only. That's the breaks.
Michael Trew
2021-10-10 03:52:48 UTC
For some reason he also thinks (from some other wacky post of his)
we're all using cell phones to access RFC and that is somehow
screwing things up for him.<boggle>
Jill
Yeah, I don't know where that came from. I'd never use a cell phone
to access this site. I highly doubt anyone on this site is using
their cell phone to post and if they were, it wouldn't screw it up
for him.
I'm trying to think of how to even post from a cellphone. Maybe GG
would work? Fun little test but doubt anyone is doing that and as you
say, can't possibly mess with him.
The latest version of Google Groups is read-only. That's the breaks.
So will that stop the GG posters?

Hopefully John upgrades ;)
GM
2021-10-10 04:47:03 UTC
For some reason he also thinks (from some other wacky post of his)
we're all using cell phones to access RFC and that is somehow
screwing things up for him.<boggle>
Jill
Yeah, I don't know where that came from. I'd never use a cell phone
to access this site. I highly doubt anyone on this site is using
their cell phone to post and if they were, it wouldn't screw it up
for him.
I'm trying to think of how to even post from a cellphone. Maybe GG
would work? Fun little test but doubt anyone is doing that and as you
say, can't possibly mess with him.
The latest version of Google Groups is read-only. That's the breaks.
So will that stop the GG posters?
Hopefully John upgrades ;)
The *mobile* version of GG is read - only, I can only read GG on my phone...

The desktop works just fine on a computer or tablet, but switching to that
on a small phone screen, it is fairly impossible...
2021-10-10 06:31:51 UTC
For some reason he also thinks (from some other wacky post of his)
we're all using cell phones to access RFC and that is somehow
screwing things up for him.<boggle>
Jill
Yeah, I don't know where that came from. I'd never use a cell phone
to access this site. I highly doubt anyone on this site is using
their cell phone to post and if they were, it wouldn't screw it up
for him.
I'm trying to think of how to even post from a cellphone. Maybe GG
would work? Fun little test but doubt anyone is doing that and as you
say, can't possibly mess with him.
The latest version of Google Groups is read-only. That's the breaks.
So will that stop the GG posters?
Hopefully John upgrades ;)
What I said was not entirely true. There has always been 2 interfaces for Google Groups. One is a desktop interface and the other is the mobile interface. The mobile is typically used for cell phones and tablets. The mobile interface had the major disadvantage of not being able to automatically quote the post you're responding to. I don't know why that is, it just was. The newest version of the mobile interface of Google Groups solves that problem by not allowing posting to Usenet at all.
The desktop interface works fine except that it has removed most of the informational, analytical, and statistical, features of the old GG. That's the breaks.
Bruce 0.77 Beta
A brilliant solution! :)
GM
2021-10-10 06:42:27 UTC
[...]
Since I *already* and *accurately* informed the others here about the topic, was
there *really* any "useful" reason for you to "chime in", *and* in your usual
obfuscating manner, Po' Boi...???
2021-10-10 01:26:44 UTC
For some reason he also thinks (from some other wacky post of his) we're
all using cell phones to access RFC and that is somehow screwing things
up for him. <boggle>
Jill
Yeah, I don't know where that came from. I'd never use a cell phone to
access this site. I highly doubt anyone on this site is using their cell
phone to post and if they were, it wouldn't screw it up for him.
It's merely another senseless rant because when things don't work for
him he has to find something else to blame. One minute he's yelling
Google Groups (which he uses) sucks. The next it's Postimages doesn't
work or cell phones are the cause of whatever problem. But don't
forget, he has *three* degrees. Heh.

Jill
Bruce 0.76 Beta
Look at it this way: Maybe he forgot more than you ever knew. Heh.
Gary
LOL. The "funny" of the day! :)
Bryan Simmons
2021-10-10 12:28:05 UTC
Post by Bruce 0.76 Beta
For some reason he also thinks (from some other wacky post of his) we're
all using cell phones to access RFC and that is somehow screwing things
up for him. <boggle>
Jill
Yeah, I don't know where that came from. I'd never use a cell phone to
access this site. I highly doubt anyone on this site is using their cell
phone to post and if they were, it wouldn't screw it up for him.
It's merely another senseless rant because when things don't work for
him he has to find something else to blame. One minute he's yelling
Google Groups (which he uses) sucks. The next it's Postimages doesn't
work or cell phones are the cause of whatever problem. But don't
forget, he has *three* degrees. Heh.
Look at it this way: Maybe he forgot more than you ever knew. Heh.
LOL. The "funny" of the day! :)
But it's also almost certainly factually true. John Kuthe has both a
Computer Science degree from a very prestigious university, and he
also clearly has dementia.

2021-10-12 11:08:10 UTC
Post by Bruce 0.76 Beta
Look at it this way: Maybe he forgot more than you ever knew. Heh.
LOL. The "funny" of the day! :)
But it's also almost certainly factually true. John Kuthe has both a
Computer Science degree from a very prestigious university, and he
also clearly has dementia.
I suspect you took my laugh the wrong way, Bryan.
I laughed because I agreed that John has forgotten more than she ever knew.
Hank Rogers
2021-10-09 22:43:11 UTC
Sorry John, I can't fix your computer issues.
Don't feel bad, neither can Mr. Computer Degree fix his computer
issues.
Ain't that a damned shame. According to his constant crowing, he is
the most qualified person in this group to deal with computer
technology but he is the one who has the most issues and simply
cannot fix them himself.
Maybe big niece could take this case?

If not, at least she and Popeye could have one hell of a fuckfest.
Hank Rogers
2021-10-09 22:40:48 UTC
Sorry John, I can't fix your computer issues.
Don't feel bad, neither can Mr. Computer Degree fix his computer
issues.
Damn it, it's time to call Ophelia. If she can't fix it, the last
resort is Popeye. And after that, only squirts or Old world
computers could get kuth up and running.
Mike Duffy
2021-10-09 22:51:20 UTC
Damn it, it's time to call Ophelia. If she can't fix it, the last resort
is Popeye. And after that, only squirts or Old world computers could get
Kuthe up and running.
I checked the error message he posted a few days ago. It looks like he
needs to upgrade his OS. If his equipment is too old to upgrade, he needs
to buy a new one. I suspect his XP would have the same problem.

Cindy gave a tech link a few days ago that explains it fully.
jmcquown
2021-10-09 23:14:34 UTC
Post by Mike Duffy
Damn it, it's time to call Ophelia. If she can't fix it, the last resort
is Popeye. And after that, only squirts or Old world computers could get
Kuthe up and running.
I checked the error message he posted a few days ago. It looks like he
needs to upgrade his OS. If his equipment is too old to upgrade, he needs
to buy a new one. I suspect his XP would have the same problem.
Cindy gave a tech link a few days ago that explains it fully.
That tech link is waaaay beyond Kuthe's comprehension level. If he's
not using his MacinSLUT (his words) he's using XP, both of which are
probably so far out of date eventually nothing will work. Wouldn't that
be nice. :)

Jill
Mike Duffy
2021-10-09 23:43:53 UTC
That tech link is waaaay beyond Kuthe's comprehension level. If he's
not using his MacinSLUT (his words) he's using XP, both of which are
probably so far out of date eventually nothing will work. Wouldn't that
be nice. :)
All web-site operators progressively drop support for out-of-date
browsers. In fact, I'm surprised Google still works for his Mac.

Likely, the next time Google Groups is upgraded, he will have to go to
Best Buy and fork over a few $K to keep posting here.

Or maybe he can install Linux on his old XP box or Mac. (Ha Ha, just
kidding!)
jmcquown
2021-10-10 01:16:58 UTC
Post by Mike Duffy
Post by jmcquown
That tech link is waaaay beyond Kuthe's comprehension level. If he's
not using his MacinSLUT (his words) he's using XP, both of which are
probably so far out of date eventually nothing will work. Wouldn't that
be nice. :)
All web-site operators progressively drop support for out-of-date
browsers. In fact, I'm surprised Google still works for his Mac.
Likely, the next time Google Groups is upgraded, he will have to go to
Best Buy and fork over a few $K to keep posting here.
Oh no, there's bound to be some reason he can't go to a big box store.
Surely there's a Schillers equivalent that can help him spend a few more $K.
Post by Mike Duffy
Or maybe he can install Linux on his old XP box or Mac. (Ha Ha, just
kidding!)
LOL That would be funny.

2021-10-10 03:31:54 UTC
Post by Mike Duffy
Post by jmcquown
That tech link is waaaay beyond Kuthe's comprehension level. If he's
not using his MacinSLUT (his words) he's using XP, both of which are
probably so far out of date eventually nothing will work. Wouldn't that
be nice. :)
All web-site operators progressively drop support for out-of-date
browsers. In fact, I'm surprised Google still works for his Mac.
Actually, that's not always the case. Google still supports the oldest
of browsers, by today's standards. I think it's related to them wanting
to keep their massive market share.

Example: A few months ago, I fired up my Windows 3.11 computer from
1994, on actual vintage hardware. Connected to a dial connection,
updated to the latest browser, Internet Explorer 5 -- from 1999. Google
still worked flawlessly and rendered/searched perfectly over an HTTP
connection. The vast majority of other sites couldn't connect.
Hank Rogers
2021-10-10 00:45:49 UTC
Post by Mike Duffy
Damn it, it's time to call Ophelia. If she can't fix it, the last resort
is Popeye. And after that, only squirts or Old world computers could get
Kuthe up and running.
I checked the error message he posted a few days ago. It looks like he
needs to upgrade his OS. If his equipment is too old to upgrade, he needs
to buy a new one. I suspect his XP would have the same problem.
Cindy gave a tech link a few days ago that explains it fully.
Well he can't do that. How long before he can't post any more?

He will surely explode in a psychotic rage.

I hope the ems and police in da loo have some strait jackets. A lot
of them were shipped out during the trump crisis.

And I hope his UZI jams on the first round.
Bryan Simmons
2021-10-09 23:10:19 UTC
Sorry John, I can't fix your computer issues.
Don't feel bad, neither can Mr. Computer Degree fix his computer
issues.
Damn it, it's time to call Ophelia. If she can't fix it, the last
resort is Popeye. And after that, only squirts or Old world
computers could get kuth up and running.
The squirts could get anybody up and running, or at least trotting.

2021-10-10 00:58:16 UTC
Sorry John, I can't fix your computer issues.
Don't feel bad, neither can Mr. Computer Degree fix his computer
issues.
Damn it, it's time to call Ophelia. If she can't fix it, the last
resort is Popeye. And after that, only squirts or Old world
computers could get kuth up and running.
The squirts could get anybody up and running, or at least trotting.
--Bryan
Well, he did call kuth on the phone and taught the idiot how to
login to his account a while back.

He's a nice guy, but nowhere near as brainy as Popeye. I still rely
on Popeye and mcqwoun for the in depth technical answers. They are
geniuses.