Dude, that's totally not kosher.
2022-01-06 18:58:11 UTC
I made chicken fried steak, and I thought, *Hey, the buttermilk makes
the flour stick better to the chicken, so why not the steak?* Heck,
that's almost like seething a kid! Then I added shellfish, for some surf
with my turf. I feel so dirty, or at least unclean.
Hey, I know someone who should be rendered permanently *persona
non grata* in the congregation of the LORD. (Deuteronomy 23:1)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/***@N08/albums/72177720295773235

--Bryan
Arn0
2022-01-06 22:07:35 UTC
I made chicken fried steak, and I thought, *Hey, the buttermilk makes
the flour stick better to the chicken, so why not the steak?* Heck,
that's almost like seething a kid!
You lost me with " that's almost like seething a kid! "
No gravy for that chicken fried steak?
Bryan Simmons
2022-01-06 22:47:45 UTC
Post by Bryan Simmons
Then I added shellfish, for some surf
with my turf. I feel so dirty, or at least unclean.
Hey, I know someone who should be rendered permanently *persona
non grata* in the congregation of the LORD. (Deuteronomy 23:1)
--Bryan
No gravy for that chicken fried steak?
I don't put gravy on chicken fried chicken, and there was little
left in the pan but a mix of beef fat and sunflower oil.

2022-01-06 22:56:45 UTC
Post by Bryan Simmons
Then I added shellfish, for some surf
with my turf. I feel so dirty, or at least unclean.
Hey, I know someone who should be rendered permanently *persona
non grata* in the congregation of the LORD. (Deuteronomy 23:1)
--Bryan
No gravy for that chicken fried steak?
I don't put gravy on chicken fried chicken, and there was little
left in the pan but a mix of beef fat and sunflower oil.
--Bryan
Anyways, with or without the gravy "it's all good"...
2022-01-06 23:42:35 UTC
No gravy for that chicken fried steak?
I don't put gravy on chicken fried chicken, and there was little
left in the pan but a mix of beef fat and sunflower oil.
--Bryan
Ok, I understand. I'm just used to seeing gravy on top of chicken
fried steak.
Bryan Simmons
2022-01-07 01:34:34 UTC
No gravy for that chicken fried steak?
I don't put gravy on chicken fried chicken, and there was little
left in the pan but a mix of beef fat and sunflower oil.
--Bryan
Ok, I understand. I'm just used to seeing gravy on top of chicken
fried steak.
My mother used to make breaded and pan fried round steak,
and what she called, "grease gravy," which was just deglazing
the pan with water. It was meant to go onto the mashed
potatoes. She never made milk gravy from sausage. Back in
the 1960s, my father's cardiologist told him to avoid pork fat.
Now, it's obvious that gram for gram, beef fat elevates LDL
more than pork fat, but because of the cardiologist, we likely
ate less pork than most families.

We also had margarine, rather than butter. By the time I was
four, I wouldn't eat margarine, and had never tasted butter
other than out at a restaurant, where all the food seemed
exotic. When I was 5 or 6, my sister came home for a visit,
and bought butter. I liked it, but it wasn't as good as the
restaurant butter. That's because it was unsalted, which I
now think of as *baking butter*.

Now we know that the trans-fats in the margarine were
exponentially worse cardio-vascularly than the saturated
fats in butter. We generally had skim milk for my father,
and 2% for everyone else. At school we had whole milk.
It was Federally subsidized, and only cost 2 cents for a
half pint, until 3rd or 4th grade, when it went up to 3 cents.
Man, I drank the shit out of that stuff, often 4 or even 5 of
them with school lunches.

2022-01-07 18:03:40 UTC
That's because it was unsalted, which I
now think of as *baking butter*.
I use salted butter for baking, and forgo the salt in the recipe.
Post by Bryan Simmons
At school we had whole milk.
Man, I drank ..often 4 or even 5 of
them with school lunches.
--Bryan
By the time I was in school, they only offered 1% or skim milk. I don't
understand people that can sit there and drink plain cows milk. Ick, I
can't stand it, whole milk (that's all I buy, baking/cook) or not.
Dave Smith
2022-01-07 18:16:47 UTC
Man, I drank ..often 4 or even 5 of
them with school lunches.
--Bryan
By the time I was in school, they only offered 1% or skim milk.  I don't
understand people that can sit there and drink plain cows milk.  Ick, I
can't stand it, whole milk (that's all I buy, baking/cook) or not.
For people like you and me it's really hard to understand how someone
could drink a glass of milk. It's probably equally hard for them to
understand why we would not enjoy it. When I was a kid I used to be
able to choke it down if there was chocolate powder in it.
Michael Trew
Same here, Nesquik or Ovaltine makes it palatable, but that's at best.
Sheldon Martin
2022-01-08 11:52:17 UTC
On Fri, 07 Jan 2022 18:51:12 -0500, Michael Trew
Man, I drank ..often 4 or even 5 of
them with school lunches.
--Bryan
By the time I was in school, they only offered 1% or skim milk. I
don't understand people that can sit there and drink plain cows milk.
Ick, I can't stand it, whole milk (that's all I buy, baking/cook) or not.
For people like you and me it's really hard to understand how someone
could drink a glass of milk. It's probably equally hard for them to
understand why we would not enjoy it. When I was a kid I used to be able
to choke it down if there was chocolate powder in it.
Same here, Nesquik or Ovaltine makes it palatable, but that's at best.
Fox's U-Bet for an eggcream.
I drink my coffee black but sometimes with Evap.
I like to drizzle Evap on vanilla ice cream, it freezes to a crust.
On a hot summer day I like ice cold buttermilk.
But I can't remember ever drinking a glass of regular milk.
Dave Smith
2022-01-08 20:48:01 UTC
[...]
Uhm, Ghe Ghe Ghe. This is my frogger. Yes. Ghe Ghe Ghe :)))))))))))
2022-01-08 22:33:11 UTC
[...]
Evaporated milk?

I always drink coffee black. Probably because that's how my paternal
grandmother drank hers. She always had a coffee perk, smelled great.
Dave Smith
2022-01-09 01:40:09 UTC
[...]
Get Popeye to tell you about when he liked the salt off his old
granny's titties. And all the milk he's drank from relative's titties.
Dave Smith
2022-01-09 04:01:12 UTC
[...]
Uhm, Dit is mijn kikker. Ghe Ghe Ghe.
2022-01-09 11:11:14 UTC
On Fri, 07 Jan 2022 18:51:12 -0500, Michael Trew
By the time I was in school, they only offered 1% or skim milk. I
don't understand people that can sit there and drink plain cows milk.
Ick, I can't stand it, whole milk (that's all I buy, baking/cook) or not.
What do you not "understand"? That's as bogus as someone saying,
"I don't understand people who like broccoli."
Sorry, let me rephrase. I can't stand the taste/texture of drinking
plain cows milk. To each their own.
Post by Sheldon Martin
I drink my coffee black but sometimes with Evap.
I like to drizzle Evap on vanilla ice cream, it freezes to a crust.
Evaporated milk is TIAD if anything is.
--Bryan
I use it if I run out of milk, I keep a couple cans in the pantry if I'm
in a pinch. I used a can to make home made biscuits and the rest went
into the milk gravy - I didn't have any fresh milk. Came out fine.
Evaporated milk is important when making Chinese custard pie/egg tarts - well, it is for me anyway.
GM
2022-01-09 12:37:39 UTC
Post by Sheldon Martin
I drink my coffee black but sometimes with Evap.
I like to drizzle Evap on vanilla ice cream, it freezes to a crust.
Evaporated milk is TIAD if anything is.
--Bryan
I use it if I run out of milk, I keep a couple cans in the pantry if I'm
in a pinch. I used a can to make home made biscuits and the rest went
into the milk gravy - I didn't have any fresh milk. Came out fine.
Evaporated milk is important when making Chinese custard pie/egg tarts - well, it is for me anyway.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Forms_of_Things_Unknown

"The Forms of Things Unknown" is an episode of the original The Outer Limits television
show. It first aired on May 4, 1964, and was the final episode of the first season.

Plot:

The plot involves two women who kill a blackmailer. Driving through the countryside with
the body in the trunk, looking for a good place to bury him, they take refuge from a storm
in a house containing a blind man and a strange young inventor who is experimenting with
time. Unlike the traditional "time travel" devices, this one is intended to "tilt the cycles of
time" and bring the dead back to life...which is what happens to the murdered blackmailer.

Technique
The episode is considered an unusual one, even for The Outer Limits. More than almost any
other, it is filled with weird camera angles, atmospheric photography, gothic sets, creepy
music (much of which surfaced later in the TV series The Invaders), and offbeat writing
and performances, giving the episode something of an "art house movie" feel.

Cast
Vera Miles – as Kassia Paine
Sir Cedric Hardwicke – as Colas
Scott Marlowe – as André
David McCallum – as Tone Hobart
Barbara Rush – as Leonora Edmond

This episode was the final acting role of Sir Cedric Hardwicke. He died on August 6, 1964, a
few months after this episode aired.

The story begins in the French countryside, where a car can be seen driving at high speed. The
driver, Andre Pavan a wealthy playboy, is kissing his girlfriend Kassia Paine while Kassia's friend
Leonora Edmond sits in the back seat.

Andre decides to stop at a small lake for a swim, stripping down to his swim trunks. He orders
the women to make him a drink, and they do so – but lace the cocktail shaker with a leaf from
the deadly Thanatos plant. Andre, with jovial cruelty, makes the women serve his drink while
he stands in the water, ruining their "fine stilletto heels" as he puts it. He drinks a toast to
blackmailing Leonora's father in London, and dies immediately, but with a strange smile on his face.

The women load Andre's corpse and clothing into the trunk of the car and drive in search
of a place to bury it. Leonora is unnerved by the whole thing, and becomes more nervous
after they encounter a funeral procession. When night falls and a thunderstorm starts, Leonora's
nerves are on edge. Kassia tries to calm her, but then the trunk comes open. They stop the
car to check on Andre, who hasn't moved. But a lightning flash makes it seem to Leonora
as though he had blinked, and she runs off, frightened. Kassia catches up to her and tries
again to calm her, but both women see a shadowy figure standing nearby. This is too much
for Leonora, who runs to a nearby house. A blind man, Monsieur Colas, answers the door
and lets the women in from the storm. Colas explains that "Mr. Hobart" is not at home, but
will return soon..."

</>
Dave Smith
Leonard Blaisdell
2022-01-08 22:41:51 UTC
For people like you and me it's really hard to understand how someone
could drink a glass of milk. It's probably equally hard for them to
understand why we would not enjoy it. When I was a kid I used to be
able to choke it down if there was chocolate powder in it.
My Mom was lactose intolerant. She loved milk, but milk didn't love her
and milk won.
Dave Smith