Butterscotch bread pudding
2022-01-01 22:56:56 UTC
From The Norman Rockwell Illustrated Cookbook (1987), page 112:>> 3
TBs. butter or margarine> 1/2 cup brown sugar> 1/4 tsp. baking soda> 2
cups milk> 2 eggs> pinch of salt> 5 cups bread cubes>> Bake in a
greased loaf pan (9" x 5"?) at 350 F for 45 minutes.>> I had some
frozen challah, so I thought I'd use it in this.>> But, I'd say it's
average - I couldn't even really taste the brown sugar.>> And...would
you believe the original recipe calls for only TWO cups of bread cubes?
Had I used that, it would have resembled soup! If I try again, I might
even go as high as six cups - I'm pretty sure even that many would fit
well enough. If not, I'll use a larger pan.
DeSantis touts 'freest state' of Florida during appearance at New Years
Eve Christian concert in Miami
DeSantis targeted states that closed churches and worship centers amid
the pandemic
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and his wife, Casey, rang in the new year at
a Christian concert in Miami, where hetouted the state's freedom amid
the COVID-19 pandemic.
"I wish you all a Happy New Year," DeSantis told the crowd in
attendance. "I'm glad we're going to be able tocelebrate the new year
in the freest state of the United States."
"If you've seen what's happened over the past year and a half in this
country – Florida, we stood up for your freedom,we stood up for your
rights," DeSantis said. "We were not going to let government take away
the rights that are the giftfrom God, not from government."
DeSantis also took aim at state leaders who closed churches and places
of worship and instead allowed "liquor or thestrip clubs" to remain
open as essential operations during the onslaught of the pandemic.
Christian singer Sean Feucht, who orchestrated and performed at the New
Year's Eve celebration, also prayed overDeSantis and his wife, saying
"I thank you for the gift they are to America."
"I thank you Lord that in the midst of a pandemic and tyrannical
governors and leaders, Lord you raised up Godly men andwomen to stand
up for our rights, the church, and to stand up for the constitution,"
Feucht said during the prayer, callingfor "full healing" of DeSantis'
wife as she faces breast cancer.
DeSantis announced in October that his wife had been diagnosed with
breast cancer, telling Fox News at the time thatas "the mother of three
young children, Casey is the centerpiece of our family and has made an
impact on the lives ofcountless Floridians through her initiatives as
first lady."
Did you discuss this with Lump Charcol?
Bruce
2022-01-01 23:06:44 UTC
3 TBs. butter or margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp. baking soda
2 cups milk
2 eggs
pinch of salt
5 cups bread cubes
Bake in a greased loaf pan (9" x 5"?) at 350 F for 45 minutes.
I had some frozen challah, so I thought I'd use it in this.
But, I'd say it's average - I couldn't even really taste the brown sugar.
And...would you believe the original recipe calls for only TWO cups of
bread cubes? Had I used that, it would have resembled soup! If I try
again, I might even go as high as six cups - I'm pretty sure even that
many would fit well enough. If not, I'll use a larger pan.
The book came with a Barbie oven so not surprising. It is suprising
that you couldn't taste a 1/2 cup of sugar though.
Lenona
2022-01-01 23:48:47 UTC
The book came with a Barbie oven
Why would THAT happen?

It is suprising
I could taste the sweetness. I just couldn't distinguish any butterscotch flavor. Had someone else cooked it, I doubt I would have realized that anything other than white sugar was included.
Michael Trew
2022-01-02 03:19:56 UTC
3 TBs. butter or margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp. baking soda
2 cups milk
2 eggs
pinch of salt
5 cups bread cubes
Bake in a greased loaf pan (9" x 5"?) at 350 F for 45 minutes.
I had some frozen challah, so I thought I'd use it in this.
But, I'd say it's average - I couldn't even really taste the brown sugar.
And...would you believe the original recipe calls for only TWO cups of bread cubes? Had I used that, it would have resembled soup! If I try again, I might even go as high as six cups - I'm pretty sure even that many would fit well enough. If not, I'll use a larger pan.
Perhaps it would set up into more of a custard with only 2 cups of
bread, and you'd taste more of the butterscotch?
Cindy Hamilton
2022-01-02 10:15:34 UTC
3 TBs. butter or margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp. baking soda
2 cups milk
2 eggs
pinch of salt
5 cups bread cubes
Bake in a greased loaf pan (9" x 5"?) at 350 F for 45 minutes.
I had some frozen challah, so I thought I'd use it in this.
But, I'd say it's average - I couldn't even really taste the brown sugar.
And...would you believe the original recipe calls for only TWO cups of bread cubes? Had I used that, it would have resembled soup! If I try again, I might even go as high as six cups - I'm pretty sure even that many would fit well enough. If not, I'll use a larger pan.
Clearly, Normal Rockwell didn't know squat about cooking.

2022-01-02 17:48:42 UTC
3 TBs. butter or margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp. baking soda
2 cups milk
2 eggs
pinch of salt
5 cups bread cubes
Bake in a greased loaf pan (9" x 5"?) at 350 F for 45 minutes.
I had some frozen challah, so I thought I'd use it in this.
But, I'd say it's average - I couldn't even really taste the brown sugar.
And...would you believe the original recipe calls for only TWO cups of bread cubes? Had I used that, it would have resembled soup! If I try again, I might even go as high as six cups - I'm pretty sure even that many would fit well enough. If not, I'll use a larger pan.
Clearly, Normal Rockwell didn't know squat about cooking.
Neither do I? But, why do you let stuff like this bother you? We still eat.
(at least, last I checked)
Bruce
2022-01-02 18:15:20 UTC
[...]
So where are the angels? Where is the angel who famously said, “We wanted flying cars, instead we
got 140 characters?” Doesn’t that reflect a more sweeping sentiment, that we need to invest in genuine
productive assets, because the real costs of food, water, energy, and housing are higher now than they
were 40 years ago? Whatever happened to the Silicon Valley mantra of “better, faster, cheaper”? Does that
aspiration only apply to cyberspace, and not the real world?
Bruce
Uhm, Ghe Ghe Ghe. This is my frogger. Yes. Ghe Ghe Ghe :)))))))))))
Bruce
2022-01-03 17:33:29 UTC
Post by Bruce
So where are the angels? Where is the angel who famously said, “We wanted flying cars, instead we
got 140 characters?” Doesn’t that reflect a more sweeping sentiment, that we need to invest in genuine
productive assets, because the real costs of food, water, energy, and housing are higher now than they
were 40 years ago? Whatever happened to the Silicon Valley mantra of “better, faster, cheaper”? Does that
aspiration only apply to cyberspace, and not the real world?
Uhm, Ghe Ghe Ghe. This is my frogger. Yes. Ghe Ghe Ghe :)))))))))))
This is sad, actually. You should channel all this energy into something
useful in your life.
Gary's criticising a troll? What's happening to the world!?
Gary
2022-01-04 13:40:11 UTC
Post by Bruce
So where are the angels? Where is the angel who famously said, “We wanted flying cars, instead we
got 140 characters?” Doesn’t that reflect a more sweeping sentiment, that we need to invest in genuine
productive assets, because the real costs of food, water, energy, and housing are higher now than they
were 40 years ago? Whatever happened to the Silicon Valley mantra of “better, faster, cheaper”? Does that
aspiration only apply to cyberspace, and not the real world?
Uhm, Ghe Ghe Ghe. This is my frogger. Yes. Ghe Ghe Ghe :)))))))))))
This is sad, actually. You should channel all this energy into something
useful in your life.
Gary's criticising a troll? What's happening to the world!?
Trolls are real people too and part of the "RFC family."
I talk to all members of our family.
bob
2022-01-04 14:58:43 UTC
Post by Bruce
So where are the angels? Where is the angel who famously said, “We
wanted flying cars, instead we
got 140 characters?” Doesn’t that reflect a more sweeping sentiment,
that we need to invest in genuine
productive assets, because the real costs of food, water, energy, and
housing are higher now than they
were 40 years ago? Whatever happened to the Silicon Valley mantra of
“better, faster, cheaper”? Does that
aspiration only apply to cyberspace, and not the real world?
Uhm, Ghe Ghe Ghe. This is my frogger. Yes. Ghe Ghe Ghe :)))))))))))
This is sad, actually. You should channel all this energy into something
useful in your life.
Gary's criticising a troll? What's happening to the world!?
Trolls are real people too and part of the "RFC family."
I talk to all members of our family.
Many posts are never looked at. Best to ignore or KF when all you see
is Ghe Ghe, not my frogger, that was my frogger. The experience of a
visit is greatly improved.
Yes KF Kuthe, Bruce (all of em), Simmons, GM or never reply to them!
Beware Bruce will mutate.
Bruce 3
2022-01-04 18:01:56 UTC
Post by bob
[...]
I'm a victim, not a perp.
This is my frogger.
Bruce 4
2022-01-04 20:09:29 UTC
Post by bob
[...]
Typical perp mind set. You are the problem here no question along with
Simmons Kuthe and GM. I will not respond again to any of you! Jill
will want to talk to continue talking to Kuthe about his ding-a-ling.
Yes. Ghe Ghe Ghe :)))))))))))
Bruce 9
joe
2022-01-04 15:35:39 UTC
So where are the angels? Where is the angel who famously said, ?We wanted flying cars, instead we
got 140 characters?? Doesn?t that reflect a more sweeping sentiment, that we need to invest in genuine
productive assets, because the real costs of food, water, energy, and housing are higher now than they
were 40 years ago? Whatever happened to the Silicon Valley mantra of ?better, faster, cheaper?? Does that
aspiration only apply to cyberspace, and not the real world?
Uhm, Ghe Ghe Ghe. This is my frogger. Yes. Ghe Ghe Ghe :)))))))))))
This is sad, actually. You should channel all this energy into something
useful in your life.
Gary's criticising a troll? What's happening to the world!?
Trolls are real people too and part of the "RFC family."
I talk to all members of our family.
That's "RFC dysfunctional family".
I don't talk to all members of my real family. I feel no obligation to talk
to everybody on RFC.
Cindy Hamilton
Gary is a hypocrite. When he first arrived at RFC I gave him a few
days to settle in and sent him a Welcome email, included my phone
number, and said he can phone me. He never did phone and he sent me
no email. Gary is definitely not the nice friendly person he pretends
to be... he's the most insincere person at RFC, he insults people and
claims he was just joking.
It's more likely Gary didn't want to talk to
an asshole like you on the phone, I know
I certainly wouldn't.
Bruce 3
Uhm, Ghe Ghe Ghe.
Bruce 3
2022-01-04 16:09:18 UTC
On Tue, 4 Jan 2022 06:14:16 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
Gary's criticising a troll? What's happening to the world!?
Trolls are real people too and part of the "RFC family."
I talk to all members of our family.
That's "RFC dysfunctional family".
I don't talk to all members of my real family. I feel no obligation to talk
to everybody on RFC.
If the Nazi's took over Virginia Beach, Gary would invite them over
for dinner (if they brought their own food).
Bruce 3
This is my frogger.
Gary
2022-01-05 09:40:02 UTC
Post by Bruce 3
On Tue, 4 Jan 2022 06:14:16 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
Gary's criticising a troll? What's happening to the world!?
Trolls are real people too and part of the "RFC family."
I talk to all members of our family.
That's "RFC dysfunctional family".
I don't talk to all members of my real family. I feel no obligation to talk
to everybody on RFC.
To Cindy: I don't feel obligated to talk to everyone here either. What a
silly statement.
Post by Bruce 3
If the Nazi's took over Virginia Beach, Gary would invite them over
for dinner (if they brought their own food).
Especially if they brought some German beer and hot potato salad.

Germans were a real threat here during WW2. On a rotating basis, their
Uboats would constantly patrol our coast. They were waiting for shipping
to and/or coming from the entrance to the Chesapeake Bay.
dsi1
2022-01-05 10:56:16 UTC
Especially if they brought some German beer and hot potato salad.
Germans were a real threat here during WW2. On a rotating basis, their
Uboats would constantly patrol our coast. They were waiting for shipping
to and/or coming from the entrance to the Chesapeake Bay.
I don't think the Germans could do much damage to the United States from across the ocean. Did the Germans ever attack N. America?
Things were considerably different for this vulnerable rock in the middle of the Pacific. My dad spent most of his high school years preparing Oahu for an invasion - an invasion that never came.

Bruce 6
2022-01-05 11:45:36 UTC
http://youtu.be/j7O-SUEh-54
Uhm, Ghe Ghe Ghe. This is my frogger. Yes. Ghe Ghe Ghe :)))))))))))
Dave Smith
There were Uboat attacks off the US coast an up the S.Lawrence River.
Bruce 7
2022-01-05 18:40:46 UTC
Especially if they brought some German beer and hot potato salad.
Germans were a real threat here during WW2. On a rotating basis,
their Uboats would constantly patrol our coast. They were waiting
for shipping to and/or coming from the entrance to the Chesapeake
Bay.
I don't think the Germans could do much damage to the United States
from across the ocean. Did the Germans ever attack N. America? Things
were considerably different for this vulnerable rock in the middle of
the Pacific. My dad spent most of his high school years preparing
Oahu for an invasion - an invasion that never came.
There were Uboat attacks off the US coast an up the S.Lawrence River.
Philadelphia has a large naval base on the Delaware River. Subs were
sighted in the Delaware bay and a minefield was put in for protection.

In January 1942, a single German U-boat successfully got close enough to
New York City to take film of Manhattan skyscrapers. This is the story
of U-123's daring mission as part of Operation Drumbeat along the east
coast of the United States.
Ghe Ghe Ghe

This is my frogger.
Bruce 7

This is my frogger.
Bruce 7
2022-01-05 20:59:38 UTC
Post by Bruce 7
On Wed, 5 Jan 2022 10:47:40 -0500, Dave Smith
Especially if they brought some German beer and hot potato salad.
Germans were a real threat here during WW2. On a rotating basis,
their Uboats would constantly patrol our coast. They were waiting
for shipping to and/or coming from the entrance to the Chesapeake
Bay.
I don't think the Germans could do much damage to the United States
from across the ocean. Did the Germans ever attack N. America? Things
were considerably different for this vulnerable rock in the middle of
the Pacific. My dad spent most of his high school years preparing
Oahu for an invasion - an invasion that never came.
There were Uboat attacks off the US coast an up the S.Lawrence River.
The Japs had no problem getting to many places in Australia, by sea
and air, at least. I remember how open our northern borders used to
be, even in the early 1980's. You could basically come and go as you
liked, especially by air. The Australia north coast has countless
runways everywhere from WW2.
2022-01-05 22:10:57 UTC
Especially if they brought some German beer and hot potato salad.
Germans were a real threat here during WW2. On a rotating basis,
their Uboats would constantly patrol our coast. They were waiting
for shipping to and/or coming from the entrance to the Chesapeake
Bay.
I don't think the Germans could do much damage to the United States
from across the ocean. Did the Germans ever attack N. America? Things
were considerably different for this vulnerable rock in the middle of
the Pacific. My dad spent most of his high school years preparing
Oahu for an invasion - an invasion that never came.
There were Uboat attacks off the US coast an up the S.Lawrence River.

And let's not forget the Japanese:
https://www.historynet.com/japanese-submarines-prowl-the-us-pacific-coastline-in-1941.htm
dsi1
2022-01-06 01:42:07 UTC
Especially if they brought some German beer and hot potato salad.
Germans were a real threat here during WW2. On a rotating basis,
their Uboats would constantly patrol our coast. They were waiting
for shipping to and/or coming from the entrance to the Chesapeake
Bay.
I don't think the Germans could do much damage to the United States
from across the ocean. Did the Germans ever attack N. America? Things
were considerably different for this vulnerable rock in the middle of
the Pacific. My dad spent most of his high school years preparing
Oahu for an invasion - an invasion that never came.
There were Uboat attacks off the US coast an up the S.Lawrence River.
http://youtu.be/rqOhU3Eipzw
https://www.historynet.com/japanese-submarines-prowl-the-us-pacific-coastline-in-1941.htm
My son's elementary school was bombed by them in 1941. They attacked the airbase down the road on Dec. 7th, 1941 - perhaps even before Pearl Harbor. Kaneohe Airfield may have been the first shots fired in WWII on American territory. I even saw the movie "1941." We know what went down during WWII.

Jeßus
2022-01-06 02:07:27 UTC
[...]
http://youtu.be/TJeej3lbEBI
Oh. I thought that woman was about to have her whole year made for a
moment there. Those script writers should be tazered for that.
anyway...

The city of Darwin in Australia was bombed multiple times by the
Japanese and pretty much destroyed the entire city. Australia govco
tried to keep it as quiet as possible at the time. Most Australians
still don't know it even happened. Then, on Christmas day 1974, the
entire city was destroyed again by cyclone. We joined the rest of our
family there in 1975, it was a wonderful place to live, despite the
city still being rebuilt.
Arn0
Lol, every Australian with at least half a brain knows that.
Bruce 6
GM
2022-01-05 17:10:57 UTC
Post by Bruce 3
If the Nazi's took over Virginia Beach, Gary would invite them over
for dinner (if they brought their own food).
Especially if they brought some German beer and hot potato salad.
Germans were a real threat here during WW2. On a rotating basis, their
Uboats would constantly patrol our coast. They were waiting for shipping
to and/or coming from the entrance to the Chesapeake Bay.
In the alternative history "The Man in the High Castle", the Nazis and the Japanese defeat and
occupy the United States. One of the decisive events in this book is "The Battle of Virginia
Beach", where the Germans defeat the weak US forces - it's an analogue to the D - Day of our historical
timeline. It's unclear whether this happened before
or after the December 1945 German atomic bombing of Washington DC; Germany finally declared
victory over the US in 1947, "Capitulation Day" replaces the old July 4th as the national holiday:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_in_the_High_Castle

'The story of The Man in the High Castle is an alternative US history wherein Giuseppe Zangara’s
assassination of President-elect Franklin D. Roosevelt, in 1933, allowed the continuation of
the Great Depression and the policies of United States non-interventionism at the start of
the Second World War in 1939. Therefore, US inaction facilitated Nazi Germany’s conquest
and annexation of continental Europe and the Soviet Union into the Greater Germanic Reich,
which then facilitated the Holocaust exterminations of the Jews, the Romani people, the
Slavs, homosexuals, and all other peoples whom the Nazis considered subhuman. The
Axis Powers jointly conquered Africa. Imperial Japan expanded the Japanese colonial
empire with occupations of Eastern Asia and of Oceania, and invaded the West Coast
of the United States while Nazi Germany invaded the East Coast of the United States; the
surrender of the Allies ended the Second World War in 1947...

Canada remains an independent country, despite having been one of the anti-Nazi Allies in
the lost war..."

</>
Bruce 7
2022-01-05 20:22:03 UTC
On Wed, 05 Jan 2022 13:43:59 -0500, Michael Trew
Post by Gary
Post by Bruce 3
On Tue, 4 Jan 2022 06:14:16 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
Gary's criticising a troll? What's happening to the world!?
Trolls are real people too and part of the "RFC family."
I talk to all members of our family.
That's "RFC dysfunctional family".
I don't talk to all members of my real family. I feel no obligation to talk
to everybody on RFC.
To Cindy: I don't feel obligated to talk to everyone here either. What a
silly statement.
Which is it? "I talk to all members of our family" or
"I don't feel obligated to talk to everyone else here either."
Choose one, and stick with it.
Cindy Hamilton
LOL, Gary did a total 180 on that, quoted above.
Can you go into more detail? I don't get it
Bruce 7
This is not my frogger.
Gary
I talk to all here when I feel like it but I'm never obligated to do that.
bob
2022-01-04 16:54:26 UTC
Post by Bruce
So where are the angels? Where is the angel who famously said, “We
wanted flying cars, instead we
got 140 characters?” Doesn’t that reflect a more sweeping sentiment,
that we need to invest in genuine
productive assets, because the real costs of food, water, energy, and
housing are higher now than they
were 40 years ago? Whatever happened to the Silicon Valley mantra of
“better, faster, cheaper”? Does that
aspiration only apply to cyberspace, and not the real world?
Uhm, Ghe Ghe Ghe. This is my frogger. Yes. Ghe Ghe Ghe :)))))))))))
This is sad, actually. You should channel all this energy into something
useful in your life.
Gary's criticising a troll? What's happening to the world!?
Trolls are real people too and part of the "RFC family."
I talk to all members of our family.
Everyone here trolls. Even the self proclaimed innocent.

Example: Dave Smith tells another friend story - Bruces bites

Example: Dave Smith then tells a pickleball story - Catches some kind
of Bruce again
Bruce 3
2022-01-04 16:58:02 UTC
Post by Bruce
[...]
I never realised that Pickleball was a troll, but you've opened my
eyes.
Bruce 3
This is my frogger.
Bruce 3
2022-01-04 18:05:12 UTC
[...]
You sound scorned. Maybe Gary didn't want to date you. Gary is nicer
than you are by far.
Uhm, Ghe Ghe Ghe.
Hank Rogers
2022-01-04 18:28:10 UTC
[...]
Yeah. I hear tell he's never even fucked his aunt, so that goes to
prove he's anti-social.
Bryan Simmons
2022-01-06 11:54:42 UTC
[...]
Some of us weren't fortunate enough to have desirable aunties.
https://www.facebook.com/CalaveraNoLloraTv/photos/a.301188237191317/955103211799813

2022-01-04 19:01:03 UTC
[...]
You know, I've been familiar with you for years, but sometimes you
still surprise me how weak your character is.
Hank Rogers
2022-01-04 21:33:57 UTC
[...]
Well, to be fair, he makes up for that with his high intelligence
and superb education.
Dave Smith
Bruce 4
2022-01-04 20:12:50 UTC
[...]
Where was my welcome e-mail??

Y'all are just insincere I guess ;)
Bruce 5
Dit is mijn kikker. Ghe Ghe Ghe.
Arnie
Uhm, Ghe Ghe Ghe.
Arnie
This is my frogger.
Bruce
2022-01-03 20:02:31 UTC
Post by Cindy Hamilton
[...]
But how often in life does what actually should be done, get done?
Yes. Ghe Ghe Ghe :)))))))))))
Bruce 5
Bruce
2022-01-02 20:49:56 UTC
On Sun, 2 Jan 2022 12:22:00 -0800 (PST), bruce bowser
Post by Cindy Hamilton
[...]
God damn. I nearly sprained an eye rolling them at that one.
Now seriously, who's fault is that?
Ghe Ghe Ghe
Bruce
2022-01-02 20:50:29 UTC
On Sun, 2 Jan 2022 12:26:22 -0800 (PST), GM
Post by Cindy Hamilton
[...]
bb, I like your snappy comebacks...
;-D
This is not my frogger.