Roast belly of pork
Add Reply
Lucretia Borgia
2022-01-09 22:50:30 UTC
So before we ate the mincemeat pie, we had the crackling feast, this
pic sort of images it.

https://postimg.cc/8fj77XxP
dsi1
2022-01-09 22:59:15 UTC
Congrats on that. I'll have to make one of those. The air fryer I got for Christmas should do quite a number on a belly.
Dave Smith
bob
2022-01-09 23:47:44 UTC
Post by Lucretia Borgia
So before we ate the mincemeat pie, we had the crackling feast, this
pic sort of images it.
https://postimg.cc/8fj77XxP
Beautiful! I have roasted and BBQ'd a number of pork bellies but have
never done one that came out this pretty. Very nice scoring work.
Nailed it!
Lucretia Borgia
2022-01-10 00:54:25 UTC
Post by bob
Post by Lucretia Borgia
So before we ate the mincemeat pie, we had the crackling feast, this
pic sort of images it.
https://postimg.cc/8fj77XxP
Beautiful! I have roasted and BBQ'd a number of pork bellies but have
never done one that came out this pretty. Very nice scoring work.
Nailed it!
I have to admit the butcher does the scoring for me, he does a
fabulous job, he also cooks so he is sympatico.
Dave Smith
2022-01-10 01:14:38 UTC
Post by Lucretia Borgia
Post by bob
Post by Lucretia Borgia
So before we ate the mincemeat pie, we had the crackling feast, this
pic sort of images it.
https://postimg.cc/8fj77XxP
Beautiful! I have roasted and BBQ'd a number of pork bellies but have
never done one that came out this pretty. Very nice scoring work.
Nailed it!
I have to admit the butcher does the scoring for me, he does a
fabulous job, he also cooks so he is sympatico.
I have to ask what the heck happened to crackling. When I was a kid
crackling was a part of of a roast of pork, I have not had it for years.
Graham
2022-01-10 02:14:19 UTC
Post by Lucretia Borgia
Post by bob
Post by Lucretia Borgia
So before we ate the mincemeat pie, we had the crackling feast, this
pic sort of images it.
https://postimg.cc/8fj77XxP
Beautiful! I have roasted and BBQ'd a number of pork bellies but have
never done one that came out this pretty. Very nice scoring work.
Nailed it!
I have to admit the butcher does the scoring for me, he does a
fabulous job, he also cooks so he is sympatico.
It helps if you keep the pork in the fridge. uncovered, for a couple of
days, to dry out the skin before roasting.
Lucretia Borgia
2022-01-10 11:26:04 UTC
Post by Graham
Post by Lucretia Borgia
Post by bob
Post by Lucretia Borgia
So before we ate the mincemeat pie, we had the crackling feast, this
pic sort of images it.
https://postimg.cc/8fj77XxP
Beautiful! I have roasted and BBQ'd a number of pork bellies but have
never done one that came out this pretty. Very nice scoring work.
Nailed it!
I have to admit the butcher does the scoring for me, he does a
fabulous job, he also cooks so he is sympatico.
It helps if you keep the pork in the fridge. uncovered, for a couple of
days, to dry out the skin before roasting.
I do that overnight, find that is enough. Same principle applies to
ducks, nice crispy skin results.
bruce bowser
Cooked in red wine to get rid of that intense flavor, I hope
Cindy Hamilton
2022-01-10 17:50:20 UTC
Post by bruce bowser
Post by Graham
Post by Lucretia Borgia
Post by bob
Post by Lucretia Borgia
So before we ate the mincemeat pie, we had the crackling feast, this
pic sort of images it.
https://postimg.cc/8fj77XxP
Beautiful! I have roasted and BBQ'd a number of pork bellies but have
never done one that came out this pretty. Very nice scoring work.
Nailed it!
I have to admit the butcher does the scoring for me, he does a
fabulous job, he also cooks so he is sympatico.
It helps if you keep the pork in the fridge. uncovered, for a couple of
days, to dry out the skin before roasting.
I do that overnight, find that is enough. Same principle applies to
ducks, nice crispy skin results.
Cooked in red wine to get rid of that intense flavor, I hope
Duck breast seared in its own fat, sliced, and served with sauteed cabbage
or something like that would be nice.

2022-01-10 19:01:44 UTC
On Mon, 10 Jan 2022 07:26:04 -0400, Lucretia Borgia
Post by Lucretia Borgia
Post by Graham
Post by Lucretia Borgia
Post by bob
Post by Lucretia Borgia
So before we ate the mincemeat pie, we had the crackling feast, this
pic sort of images it.
https://postimg.cc/8fj77XxP
Beautiful! I have roasted and BBQ'd a number of pork bellies but have
never done one that came out this pretty. Very nice scoring work.
Nailed it!
I have to admit the butcher does the scoring for me, he does a
fabulous job, he also cooks so he is sympatico.
It helps if you keep the pork in the fridge. uncovered, for a couple of
days, to dry out the skin before roasting.
I do that overnight, find that is enough. Same principle applies to
ducks, nice crispy skin results.
This is not my frogger.

Uhm, Ghe Ghe Ghe.
Dave Smith
2022-01-10 19:05:54 UTC
On Mon, 10 Jan 2022 12:21:02 +1100, Dave Smith
On Sun, 09 Jan 2022 20:54:25 -0400, Lucretia Borgia
Post by Lucretia Borgia
Post by bob
Post by Lucretia Borgia
So before we ate the mincemeat pie, we had the crackling feast, this
pic sort of images it.
https://postimg.cc/8fj77XxP
Beautiful! I have roasted and BBQ'd a number of pork bellies but have
never done one that came out this pretty. Very nice scoring work.
Nailed it!
I have to admit the butcher does the scoring for me, he does a
fabulous job, he also cooks so he is sympatico.
Sympatico people don't butcher, cook or eat animals.
Uhm, Dit is mijn kikker. Ghe Ghe Ghe.
GM 1
2022-01-22 03:34:20 UTC
On Sun, 09 Jan 2022 18:50:30 -0400, Lucretia Borgia
Post by Lucretia Borgia
So before we ate the mincemeat pie, we had the crackling feast, this
pic sort of images it.
https://postimg.cc/8fj77XxP
Uhm Yes. Ghe Ghe Ghe :)))))))))))
--