O. T. - - - But Still Food Related - Air Fryer - - - O. T.
2021-10-12 22:30:24 UTC
Yesterday afternoon I had posted that I cooked some curly fries in the Ninja
Foodi and they were excellent. I did find out from a previous experience
to not cook any fries as long as they state in their cookbook. MUCH
later in the evening I did get hungry and tried two thin hamburgers and
they turned out exceptionally good.

The problem with the Ninja air fry basket is it's too small to do more than
one hamburger at a time. It has no trouble cooking a pile of fries, but not
so great at hamburgers. At least it was too small for the hamburgers I
had purchased at Kroger several weeks ago. After one hamburger was
half done, it had shrunk, and I could get the other one in there. But I'd
rather cook them at the same time and not be juggling two different
cook times.

Wednesday, I'll be doing some errands and look around at stores to check
out their air fryers. I'm leaning toward the Ninja Pro Grill, but I'll check
them all out.
GM
2021-10-13 01:36:10 UTC
[...]
Santy Klaus is busy building you one as we speak - just hope there are no
"supply chain" issues in getting it to you in time for the Holidays...

;-)

These things are stacked high in my local Tar - jay, they just got a new shipment in
this weekend...
2021-10-13 04:21:48 UTC
Santy Klaus is busy building you one as we speak - just hope there are no
"supply chain" issues in getting it to you in time for the Holidays...
;-)
He better be at the store tomorrow with or without his sleigh.
Post by GM
These things are stacked high in my local Tar - jay, they just got a new shipment in
this weekend...
My Target has them as well, but Wally World also has them but about $30 cheaper
for the same model I'm looking at.
Thomas
I bought the ninja foodi pressure cooker. Used it once and gave it away. I did not realise the lids open to the left, not the rear. The main lids stays on, open to the left to put the pressure lid on. Not compatable with my countertop.
i***@webtv.net
2021-10-13 22:38:26 UTC
Post by Thomas
I bought the ninja foodi pressure cooker. Used it once and gave it away.
I did not realise the lids open to the left, not the rear. The main lids stays
on, open to the left to put the pressure lid on. Not compatable with my
countertop.
Nor with mine. I had to find somewhere else to put the pot when I use it.
It was no biggie for me.
Thomas
2021-10-14 08:12:48 UTC
Post by Thomas
I bought the ninja foodi pressure cooker. Used it once and gave it away.
I did not realise the lids open to the left, not the rear. The main lids stays
on, open to the left to put the pressure lid on. Not compatable with my
countertop.
Nor with mine. I had to find somewhere else to put the pot when I use it.
It was no biggie for me.
I had limited choices that had a 3 prong outlet requiring me to move my coffee station setup to use it.
I can cook without it but I did see the appeal.
i***@webtv.net
2021-10-14 14:50:31 UTC
Post by Thomas
I had limited choices that had a 3 prong outlet requiring me to move my coffee station setup to use it.
I can cook without it but I did see the appeal.
I've only got one or two outlets that need to be able to accept 3-prong
cords, thankfully. But I'll admit the Foodi pressure cooker does take up
some space when using it.
Sheldon Martin
2021-10-14 17:10:53 UTC
Post by Thomas
I had limited choices that had a 3 prong outlet requiring me to move my coffee station setup to use it.
I can cook without it but I did see the appeal.
I've only got one or two outlets that need to be able to accept 3-prong
cords, thankfully. But I'll admit the Foodi pressure cooker does take up
some space when using it.
Everyone has some appliances that take a three prong receptical but
none are available close by, however that's why adapters are
available, they are cheap, I have several, in tool boxes and in
kitchen drawers... just make sure the screw you use to connect to is
grounded... there are simple devices to test for ground/polarity that
cost about $3... buy a few and use them, your life depends on proper
electrical conection. The simple devices will tell you immediately if
your receptical is wired properly... if not sure how to correct the
error have a licenced electrition check it out... never allow the
neighborhood handy dandy work on your wiring, those are no kind of
electritions, you and/or your family members can end up electricuted
to death. We have a Master Electrician we call for any electrical
work. We had him do many simple jobs and he never charges much, maybe
$15 for a stop by bill. He installed all our outside LED lighting
fixtures, polarity is very important or those pricey LED fixtures or
will be dust. We bought the fixtures from Amazon but chose to have
our electrician install them. They were no emergency, he stopped by
when doing some small job nearby. Many times there's no bill, we give
him enough big jobs, for us and our neighbors. He was teaching his
son but now his son is working for the power company as a lineman.
He's doing well, he gets to travel to wherever there are major power
outages all over the country. He's young but wasn't doing well in
school, he was in my wife's classes, he's no academia material, but
he's a great lineman. Our local power company pays him well and he
gets great benefits. I think he's like 22, 23 years old now and
planning to get married soon, to a local farm girl, a real beauty, a
hard working OR RN. Not everyone has to become an MD, a CPA, or an
ATTY to do well.
Cindy Hamilton
2021-10-14 17:20:44 UTC
Everyone has some appliances that take a three prong receptical but
none are available close by,
Um, no. We've installed grounded receptacles everywhere they're needed.
Post by Sheldon Martin
however that's why adapters are
available, they are cheap, I have several, in tool boxes and in
kitchen drawers... just make sure the screw you use to connect to is
grounded...
Which it might not be, considering the prevalence of plastic boxes
and plastic-sheathed Romex.
Post by Sheldon Martin
there are simple devices to test for ground/polarity that
cost about $3... buy a few and use them, your life depends on proper
electrical conection. The simple devices will tell you immediately if
your receptical is wired properly... if not sure how to correct the
error have a licenced electrition check it out...
No. My husband does all of our electrical work. The only time we
have ever used an electrician was for our service upgrade to 200 amps.
The electrical utility insisted. He was a journeyman, not a master electrician,
and a friend of my husband's.
Post by Sheldon Martin
never allow the
neighborhood handy dandy work on your wiring, those are no kind of
electritions, you and/or your family members can end up electricuted
to death.
Nobody will ever be electrocuted by any of the wiring or fixtures that my
husband has installed.

2021-10-14 17:46:08 UTC
Post by Sheldon Martin
never allow the
neighborhood handy dandy work on your wiring, those are no kind of
electritions, you and/or your family members can end up electricuted
to death.
Nobody will ever be electrocuted by any of the wiring or fixtures that my
husband has installed.
Cindy Hamilton
There would certainly be an electrocution if I installed anything
for Popeye.

Hank Rogers
Popeye, yoose forgot to tell us about her titties!
Transition Zone
2021-10-14 13:09:34 UTC
Post by Thomas
I bought the ninja foodi pressure cooker. Used it once and gave it away.
I did not realise the lids open to the left, not the rear. The main lids stays
on, open to the left to put the pressure lid on. Not compatable with my
countertop.
Nor with mine. I had to find somewhere else to put the pot when I use it.
It was no biggie for me.
I bet it could probably do a heck of a steaming job for crabs!