Duck wings
2021-11-21 21:42:24 UTC
Marinating in pureed ginger and tamari.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/***@N08/albums/72157720164461129

It was a pleasant surprise that the duck wings from the Chinese grocery
didn't have the drummie section. I think before I fry them I'll put the in the instant pot at sous vide temp (140F) for a while to let the ginger do its tenderizing thing. The only bad thing about duck wings is that they're tough little buggers.

2021-11-21 22:08:52 UTC
I would imagine not much meat on those wings??
Bryan Simmons
2021-11-21 22:23:10 UTC
Marinating in pureed ginger and tamari.
The only bad thing about duck wings is that they're tough little buggers.
I would imagine not much meat on those wings??
The tips are what they are, and I love them, but the middle sections
(radius&ulna) are meaty enough. I'm putting them in to sous vide at
140F for 90 minutes. Right now I have some dried kaffir lime leaves
steeping in hot water. I'll use the water to cook Basmati rice.

After the wings sous vide, I'll put them in an ice bath before naked
frying them at 375 in peanut oil.

2021-11-22 01:35:46 UTC
Marinating in pureed ginger and tamari.
The only bad thing about duck wings is that they're tough little buggers.
I would imagine not much meat on those wings??
The Chinese think that chewing on duck feet is good eats so relatively speaking, duck wings have more than enough meat.

https://www.seriouseats.com/cantonese-chicken-feet-jalapenos-black-bean-sauce-dim-sum-recipe
Bryan Simmons
2021-11-22 09:37:30 UTC
Marinating in pureed ginger and tamari.
The only bad thing about duck wings is that they're tough little buggers.
I would imagine not much meat on those wings??
The Chinese think that chewing on duck feet is good eats so relatively speaking, duck wings have more than enough meat.
https://www.seriouseats.com/cantonese-chicken-feet-jalapenos-black-bean-sauce-dim-sum-recipe
And chicken wings are the most expensive part of the bird.
If they could develop chickens that regenerated like starfish,
they could make a fortune.

Indeed. Americans would eat it.
Bryan Simmons
2021-11-22 10:07:30 UTC
On Mon, 22 Nov 2021 01:37:30 -0800 (PST), Bryan Simmons
Marinating in pureed ginger and tamari.
The only bad thing about duck wings is that they're tough little buggers.
I would imagine not much meat on those wings??
The Chinese think that chewing on duck feet is good eats so relatively speaking, duck wings have more than enough meat.
https://www.seriouseats.com/cantonese-chicken-feet-jalapenos-black-bean-sauce-dim-sum-recipe
And chicken wings are the most expensive part of the bird.
If they could develop chickens that regenerated like starfish,
they could make a fortune.
Indeed. Americans would eat it.
_______________
You've heard of omnivorous
You've heard of vegetarianism
You've heard of vegan
You've heard of fruitarian
But now, straight from the twisted brain of yours truly, here comes
Amputarianism. Amputarianism fits in between omnivorousness and
vegetarianism.
You can eat meat, but only if the animal is not killed to produce the
meat. You are allowed to eat animals that have died of natural
causes, but also parts of animals that have been removed from the
animal in such a way that it does not cause the death of the animal.
Example: Chicken wings. Chickens really have no use for wings, since
they don't fly anyway. An amputarian can enjoy the delicious flavor
of Buffalo-style wings, guilt-free. Egg laying chickens don't really
*need* legs either. Heck, they just sit in a cage all day anyway.
Voila! drumsticks!
Chickens are not the only animals that can do fine w/o certain body
parts. Domestic turkeys don't need wings either. Pigs should be able
to get along fine w/ one peg leg. Can you say "HAM"???? The ears on
pigs, cattle, sheep, etc. are completely superfluous in an environment
where there are humans to protect them from predators. Tails too can
be bobbed to make fine soup bones.
Believe it or not, liver tissue grows back if a portion of it is
surgically removed. Mmmmm, liver and onions.
Amputarianism, remember, you heard it here first.
--originally posted in alt.punk, Jun 28, 2001, 12:29:31 PM
_______________

2021-11-22 20:29:57 UTC
On Mon, 22 Nov 2021 01:37:30 -0800 (PST), Bryan Simmons
Marinating in pureed ginger and tamari.
The only bad thing about duck wings is that they're tough little buggers.
I would imagine not much meat on those wings??
The Chinese think that chewing on duck feet is good eats so relatively speaking, duck wings have more than enough meat.
https://www.seriouseats.com/cantonese-chicken-feet-jalapenos-black-bean-sauce-dim-sum-recipe
And chicken wings are the most expensive part of the bird.
If they could develop chickens that regenerated like starfish,
they could make a fortune.
Indeed. Americans would eat it.
I guess the dutch would only sniff the cloaca, right master?