Choice Porterhouse at Select Sale Prices
2022-01-07 06:06:20 UTC
The other stuff is yellow squash with sauteed leeks, Anaheim pepper,
and pimento cheese broiled for a few minutes. It was a win!

And I ate EVERYTHING!

Looks like some Costco fried cod & fried got in there, too. That
was two days ago. I'll buy that fried cod again. Its a bitch to
make at home - this you just roast at 500F for 12 minutes and it's
almost as good as H. Salt Esquire,.

2022-01-07 10:17:16 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
The other stuff is yellow squash with sauteed leeks, Anaheim pepper,
and pimento cheese broiled for a few minutes. It was a win!
https://i.postimg.cc/6q22ppnP/Porterhouse-Steak-Raw.jpg
That's awfully nicely marbled for Select.
2022-01-08 01:31:38 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
The other stuff is yellow squash with sauteed leeks, Anaheim pepper,
and pimento cheese broiled for a few minutes. It was a win!
https://i.postimg.cc/6q22ppnP/Porterhouse-Steak-Raw.jpg
That's awfully nicely marbled for Select.
Exactly. And I'm not a strip kinda guy (or even fillet), but this
was pretty fucking good for $12. Eeek - it was 1.5lbs? I guess i
was hungry <shrug>.

And Stainless Steel for the win! Cast iron for searing steaks is a
kitchen myth compared to SS. I bet SS works better for grill grates
too. If only it wasn't so hard to keep clean.

All the other Select steaks there looked to be "bottom Select".
There are actually 5 sub-grades of USDA Select (and 2 for choice,
and 3 for Prime). What we know as only 3 retail grades of beef are
actually 10 within those same 3 grades. Grocery stores buy beef
wholesale according to the 10 grades, but have colluded sell to them
as a mere 3 grades retail (with help from the USDA).

2022-01-08 12:04:02 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
Post by Bryan Simmons
Post by Sqwertz
The other stuff is yellow squash with sauteed leeks, Anaheim pepper,
and pimento cheese broiled for a few minutes. It was a win!
https://i.postimg.cc/6q22ppnP/Porterhouse-Steak-Raw.jpg
The markets here put those yellow sale labels on when it's the sell-by
date... nothing wrong with it but they are not permited to sell meat
past its sell-by date.
Some stores go ahead and cook what they have and throw it to their salad bar or hot bar (dining area).
Dave Smith
2022-01-08 19:22:15 UTC
On Sat, 8 Jan 2022 10:28:30 -0800 (PST), bruce bowser
Post by bruce bowser
Post by Sheldon Martin
Post by Sqwertz
The other stuff is yellow squash with sauteed leeks, Anaheim pepper,
and pimento cheese broiled for a few minutes. It was a win!
https://i.postimg.cc/6q22ppnP/Porterhouse-Steak-Raw.jpg
The markets here put those yellow sale labels on when it's the sell-by
date... nothing wrong with it but they are not permited to sell meat
past its sell-by date.
Some stores go ahead and cook what they have and throw it to their salad bar or hot bar (dining area).
Uhm, Ghe Ghe Ghe. This is my frogger. Yes. Ghe Ghe Ghe :)))))))))))
2022-01-09 04:05:09 UTC
Post by bruce bowser
Post by Sheldon Martin
Post by Sqwertz
The other stuff is yellow squash with sauteed leeks, Anaheim pepper,
and pimento cheese broiled for a few minutes. It was a win!
https://i.postimg.cc/6q22ppnP/Porterhouse-Steak-Raw.jpg
The markets here put those yellow sale labels on when it's the sell-by
date... nothing wrong with it but they are not permited to sell meat
past its sell-by date.
Some stores go ahead and cook what they have and throw it to their salad bar or hot bar (dining area).
Uhm, Ghe Ghe Ghe. This is my frogger. Yes. Ghe Ghe Ghe :)))))))))))
Uhm, Dit is mijn kikker. Ghe Ghe Ghe.
2022-01-09 02:00:49 UTC
Post by bruce bowser
Post by Sheldon Martin
Post by Sqwertz
The other stuff is yellow squash with sauteed leeks, Anaheim pepper,
and pimento cheese broiled for a few minutes. It was a win!
https://i.postimg.cc/6q22ppnP/Porterhouse-Steak-Raw.jpg
The markets here put those yellow sale labels on when it's the sell-by
date... nothing wrong with it but they are not permited to sell meat
past its sell-by date.
Some stores go ahead and cook what they have and throw it to their salad bar or hot bar (dining area).
Tops market just throws all their old shit out their window.
Animals from miles around come and chow down.

When you enter their parking lot, it smells like you've fallen into
a brooklyn sewer, but it's normal there.
Dave Smith
2022-01-08 18:50:00 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
Post by Sqwertz
Post by Bryan Simmons
That's awfully nicely marbled for Select.
Exactly. And I'm not a strip kinda guy (or even fillet), but this
was pretty fucking good for $12. Eeek - it was 1.5lbs? I guess i
was hungry <shrug>.
And Stainless Steel for the win! Cast iron for searing steaks is a
kitchen myth compared to SS. I bet SS works better for grill grates
too. If only it wasn't so hard to keep clean.
All the other Select steaks there looked to be "bottom Select".
There are actually 5 sub-grades of USDA Select (and 2 for choice,
and 3 for Prime). What we know as only 3 retail grades of beef are
actually 10 within those same 3 grades. Grocery stores buy beef
wholesale according to the 10 grades, but have colluded sell to them
as a mere 3 grades retail (with help from the USDA).
-sw
Uhm, Ghe Ghe Ghe. This is my frogger. Yes. Ghe Ghe Ghe :)))))))))))
2022-01-08 22:32:56 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
https://i.postimg.cc/6q22ppnP/Porterhouse-Steak-Raw.jpg
The markets here put those yellow sale labels on when it's the sell-by
date... nothing wrong with it but they are not permited to sell meat
past its sell-by date.
Different supermarkets/chains have their own color coded labels.
Just because your market uses yellow for sell-by date doesn't mean
every market in this country does. I'd bet a Porterhouse steak I could
walk into any market in New Yawk and buy marked down meat. They're
certainly not going to through it away.
Dave Smith
2022-01-08 23:04:26 UTC