REC: Sauteed Sesame Chicken
2021-11-20 21:47:37 UTC
Thinking about this for dinner tomorrow.

2 boneless chicken breast halves
flour, seasoned with S&P
1 egg
couple of Tbs. of milk
3-4 Tbs. sesame seeds
butter
chicken broth
grated ginger
crushed red pepper seeds
clove of garlic, crushed
splash or two of sesame oil (not toasted oil)
couple of Tbs. of soy sauce
neutral oil for pan frying

Pound each chicken breast half to 1/4 inch thick. Combine egg with milk
in a small bowl. Dredge the chicken in flour then dip into the egg the
egg mixture. Sprinkle each side generously with sesame seeds; place on
waxed paper and let set.

In a small bowl, combine chicken broth with crushed garlic, sesame oil,
soy sauce, ginger and red pepper seeds.

Over medium heat, melt butter in oil in a large skillet until hot.
Quickly brown the chicken until golden on both sides. Stir in remaining
ingredients and reduce heat to low and simmer 10-15 minutes until
chicken is tender. Remove chicken to a platter and keep warm. Make a
slurry with cornstarch and water to thicken the sauce. Pour sauce over
the chicken.

Jill
Graham
2021-11-20 22:17:46 UTC
[...]
Won't the simmering reduce the nice browned coating to a paste?
BTW have just bought all the ingredients for your spinach quiche. I'm
wondering whether to add a few shrimps to increas the protein content.
Bruce 0.77 Beta
How many "clams" did the shrimp cost?
Bruce
2021-11-20 22:32:55 UTC
Just add some peanut butter.
Hank Rogers
A sniff a day keeps grayham away, master!
Jeßus
2021-11-21 19:45:30 UTC
Post by Graham
Won't the simmering reduce the nice browned coating to a paste?
BTW have just bought all the ingredients for your spinach quiche. I'm
wondering whether to add a few shrimps to increas the protein content.
Just add some peanut butter.
A sniff a day keeps grayham away, master!
Gawd. Imagine adding peanut butter to a spinach quiche... :/

Bonus points for thinking peanut butter in terms of protein.
It's an incomplete form of protein, lacking important essential amino
acids. Another good example of oversimplifying and misinterpreting
nutritional data, saying peanut butter is high in protein. Doesn't
tell the full story.

Now I'm wanting something in satay form for lunch later today...
Bruce
2021-11-21 20:19:11 UTC
Gawd. Imagine adding peanut butter to a spinach quiche... :/
Bonus points for thinking peanut butter in terms of protein.
It's an incomplete form of protein, lacking important essential amino
acids. Another good example of oversimplifying and misinterpreting
nutritional data, saying peanut butter is high in protein. Doesn't
tell the full story.
Now I'm wanting something in satay form for lunch later today...
No, don't do it! It's an incomplete form of protein, lacking important
essential amino acids!
i***@webtv.net
2021-11-21 21:12:18 UTC
Add some jam or jelly to that peanut butter!! Yummmmmm
Bruce
2021-11-21 21:20:38 UTC
No, don't do it! It's an incomplete form of protein, lacking important
essential amino acids!
Add some jam or jelly to that peanut butter!! Yummmmmm
That sounds iconically American. I don't know if the Jebus Kook would
approve of the nutritional value. I've never tried it.
i***@webtv.net
2021-11-21 22:05:32 UTC
No, don't do it! It's an incomplete form of protein, lacking important
essential amino acids!
Add some jam or jelly to that peanut butter!! Yummmmmm
That sounds iconically American. I don't know if the Jebus Kook would
approve of the nutritional value. I've never tried it.
The only thing jam or jelly brings to the party is flavor and a bunch of
sugar. You consume peanut butter with chilis roasted in hot oil. If you
have any of the two sweet concoction mentioned above, ditch the chilis
just once and smear that peanut butter on some bread, top with jam or
jelly and then top that with another slice of bread. Of course, a large
glass of milk is just the thing to wash all that down, but I don't want you
to suffer a stroke reading this. Hot coffee or hot tea will suffice.
Bruce
2021-11-21 22:43:14 UTC
No, don't do it! It's an incomplete form of protein, lacking important
essential amino acids!
Add some jam or jelly to that peanut butter!! Yummmmmm
That sounds iconically American. I don't know if the Jebus Kook would
approve of the nutritional value. I've never tried it.
The only thing jam or jelly brings to the party is flavor and a bunch of
sugar. You consume peanut butter with chilis roasted in hot oil. If you
have any of the two sweet concoction mentioned above, ditch the chilis
just once and smear that peanut butter on some bread, top with jam or
jelly and then top that with another slice of bread. Of course, a large
glass of milk is just the thing to wash all that down, but I don't want you
to suffer a stroke reading this. Hot coffee or hot tea will suffice.
It doesn't sound very bad, but it's probably a bit sweet for my
liking. For breakfast, that is. I'm not against sweet snacks.
i***@webtv.net
2021-11-21 23:30:32 UTC
It doesn't sound very bad, but it's probably a bit sweet for my
liking. For breakfast, that is. I'm not against sweet snacks.
Fair enough. Try it as a mid-day snack. Another snack idea instead
jam or jelly is a ripe banana sliced on top of that peanut butter on
bread; top with another slice of bread. Peanut butter on toast is a
good sandwich and the hot toast will definitely make that a gooey
snack. Mmmmmmmm
Bruce
2021-11-21 23:34:19 UTC
It doesn't sound very bad, but it's probably a bit sweet for my
liking. For breakfast, that is. I'm not against sweet snacks.
Fair enough. Try it as a mid-day snack. Another snack idea instead
jam or jelly is a ripe banana sliced on top of that peanut butter on
bread; top with another slice of bread.
I keep thinking of an Elvis Presley sandwich.
Post by i***@webtv.net
Peanut butter on toast is a
good sandwich and the hot toast will definitely make that a gooey
snack. Mmmmmmmm
Yes, peanut butter on toast is one of my breakfasts. With chilli
pepper, of course. But I'm running out of home grown.

Did you know that good peanut butter only has one ingredient?
i***@webtv.net
2021-11-21 23:59:28 UTC
Fair enough. Try it as a mid-day snack. Another snack idea instead
jam or jelly is a ripe banana sliced on top of that peanut butter on
bread; top with another slice of bread.
I keep thinking of an Elvis Presley sandwich.
That had bacon on it and I *think* it was fried in butter.
Post by Bruce
Peanut butter on toast is a
good sandwich and the hot toast will definitely make that a gooey
snack. Mmmmmmmm
Yes, peanut butter on toast is one of my breakfasts. With chilli
pepper, of course. But I'm running out of home grown.
Did you know that good peanut butter only has one ingredient?
I know natural only has one ingredient but 'good' is a personal opinion.
Give me the mass produced stuff that I don't have store upside down
or stir before consuming.
Bruce
2021-11-22 02:40:54 UTC
I keep thinking of an Elvis Presley sandwich.
That had bacon on it and I *think* it was fried in butter.
Peanut butter on toast is a
good sandwich and the hot toast will definitely make that a gooey
snack. Mmmmmmmm
Yes, peanut butter on toast is one of my breakfasts. With chilli
pepper, of course. But I'm running out of home grown.
Did you know that good peanut butter only has one ingredient?
I know natural only has one ingredient but 'good' is a personal opinion.
Give me the mass produced stuff that I don't have store upside down
or stir before consuming.
I have one that only has peanuts in it. No added sugar or corn syrup.
No added palm oil to make it more spreadable. No added salt. Just
peanuts. It spreads easily, straight from the fridge, and tastes very
good. I bet you could get something similar.
Leonard Blaisdell
2021-11-22 08:00:44 UTC
I have one that only has peanuts in it. No added sugar or corn syrup.
No added palm oil to make it more spreadable. No added salt. Just
peanuts. It spreads easily, straight from the fridge, and tastes very
good. I bet you could get something similar.
Who wants similar? My peanut butter will last for years, opened in the
cupboard.
Bruce
2021-11-22 09:47:09 UTC