I made and ate a very good VSTD Meal this evening for my Dinner
2022-01-01 02:30:22 UTC
Broccoli, carrot and asparagus all moistly cooked tender, drained and buttered over Brown Rice and my Sweet and Hot Beans! :-) Delicious AND Nutritious!

2022-01-01 03:30:22 UTC
Broccoli, carrot and asparagus all moistly cooked tender, drained and buttered over Brown Rice and my Sweet and Hot Beans! :-) Delicious AND Nutritious!
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
Canned is cooked. Frozen is not cooked. Do we have to explain
everything to this guy?
Sheldon Martin
2022-01-01 19:15:16 UTC
Broccoli, carrot and asparagus all moistly cooked tender, drained and buttered over Brown Rice and my Sweet and Hot Beans! :-) Delicious AND Nutritious!
John Kuthe
Broccoli with asparagus is major TIAD!!!!
I rarely cook asparagus. I trim away the tough ends slice it into
1/2" lengths, and add it to tossed salads. I like asparagus lightly
sauted and use it in a fritata.
Cindy Hamilton
2022-01-01 20:06:23 UTC
Broccoli, carrot and asparagus all moistly cooked tender, drained and buttered over Brown Rice and my Sweet and Hot Beans! :-) Delicious AND Nutritious!
John Kuthe
Broccoli with asparagus is major TIAD!!!!
I rarely cook asparagus. I trim away the tough ends slice it into
1/2" lengths, and add it to tossed salads. I like asparagus lightly
sauted and use it in a fritata.
That's nice. I like it grilled. Roll it in a little oil and salt, then grill
it until it has some blistered brown spots on it.

That's good, I like asparagus minimally cooked.
f***@sdf.org
2022-01-04 21:36:04 UTC
Broccoli, carrot and asparagus all moistly cooked tender, drained and buttered over Brown Rice and my Sweet and Hot Beans! :-) Delicious AND Nutritious!
what is a VSTD meal?

first google hit points right to here, rfc. remove meal and VSTD is
voluntary short term disability.

so again, what the fuck is a VSTD meal?!
--
***@sdf.org
SDF Public Access UNIX System - https://sdf.org
Cindy Hamilton
2022-01-04 21:48:51 UTC
Post by f***@sdf.org
Post by John Kuthe
Broccoli, carrot and asparagus all moistly cooked tender, drained and buttered over Brown Rice and my Sweet and Hot Beans! :-) Delicious AND Nutritious!
what is a VSTD meal?
first google hit points right to here, rfc. remove meal and VSTD is
voluntary short term disability.
so again, what the fuck is a VSTD meal?!
Vegetarian Standard Meal. He eats the same damned thing every single
day.

It used to be his STD meal, but then he ran out of money and stopped
eating meat.

2022-01-04 22:02:32 UTC
Post by f***@sdf.org
so again, what the fuck is a VSTD meal?!
Vegetarian Standard Meal. He eats the same damned thing every single
day.
It used to be his STD meal, but then he ran out of money and stopped
eating meat.
I am doing a vegetarian meal tonight, chickpea curry. It's delicious.
The last time I had it was about a month and a half ago. I can't imagine
eating the same crappy meal day after day after day.
Janet
2022-01-05 13:20:13 UTC
In article <Xt3BJ.115293$***@fx06.iad>, ***@sympatico.ca
says...
Post by f***@sdf.org
so again, what the fuck is a VSTD meal?!
Vegetarian Standard Meal. He eats the same damned thing every single
day.
It used to be his STD meal, but then he ran out of money and stopped
eating meat.
I am doing a vegetarian meal tonight, chickpea curry. It's delicious.
The last time I had it was about a month and a half ago. I can't imagine
eating the same crappy meal day after day after day.
We eat lots of delicious vegetarian recipes. AND vegan recipes. Also
we love eating eggs, dairy, cheese, chicken, duck, beef,pork,lamb, fish
and shellfish.

"Yum" as Kuthe would say.

Janet UK
f***@sdf.org
2022-01-05 13:39:22 UTC
Post by f***@sdf.org
so again, what the fuck is a VSTD meal?!
Vegetarian Standard Meal. He eats the same damned thing every single
day.
It used to be his STD meal, but then he ran out of money and stopped
eating meat.
I am doing a vegetarian meal tonight, chickpea curry. It's delicious.
The last time I had it was about a month and a half ago. I can't imagine
eating the same crappy meal day after day after day.
i eat a lot of vegetables during my work days. my lunch bucket always
has at least 4 different fresh veggies in it. today is carrots, celery,
radishes, and cauliflower. some fruit, a banana and a pear. a kfc gravy
container, 4-6oz are they?, full of kimchi. the last of the pork and
sauerkraut from new years day. i nibble all day on what i carry in. i
can't imagine eating the same things day in and day out for more than a
few days at a time. the veggies are always under constant rotation.
broccoli, snow and snap peas, string beans, bean sprouts, bok choy, etc.
if i had to eat the same stuff every day, i'd end up chucking it in the
trash and eating out of a vending machine. fuck that.
jmcquown
2022-01-05 00:25:23 UTC
Post by f***@sdf.org
Post by John Kuthe
Broccoli, carrot and asparagus all moistly cooked tender, drained and buttered over Brown Rice and my Sweet and Hot Beans! :-) Delicious AND Nutritious!
what is a VSTD meal?
first google hit points right to here, rfc. remove meal and VSTD is
voluntary short term disability.
so again, what the fuck is a VSTD meal?!
Vegetarian Standard Meal. He eats the same damned thing every single
day.
It used to be his STD meal, but then he ran out of money and stopped
eating meat.
Cindy Hamilton
I find it difficult to believe fos doesn't know this. Did fos not read
what John himself wrote? "Broccoli, carrot and asparagus all moistly
cooked tender" yada yada yada. The repetitive subject itself explains it.

Jill
f***@sdf.org
2022-01-05 13:27:57 UTC
Post by f***@sdf.org
Post by John Kuthe
Broccoli, carrot and asparagus all moistly cooked tender, drained and buttered over Brown Rice and my Sweet and Hot Beans! :-) Delicious AND Nutritious!
what is a VSTD meal?
first google hit points right to here, rfc. remove meal and VSTD is
voluntary short term disability.
so again, what the fuck is a VSTD meal?!
Vegetarian Standard Meal. He eats the same damned thing every single
day.
It used to be his STD meal, but then he ran out of money and stopped
eating meat.
ah. that makes sense. STD as in standard, not sexually transmitted
disease. my wife has been asking me to get my head out of the gutter for
the last 40 years. perhaps i should start listening to her. :/
Cindy Hamilton
2022-01-05 14:12:38 UTC
Post by f***@sdf.org
Post by f***@sdf.org
Post by John Kuthe
Broccoli, carrot and asparagus all moistly cooked tender, drained and buttered over Brown Rice and my Sweet and Hot Beans! :-) Delicious AND Nutritious!
what is a VSTD meal?
first google hit points right to here, rfc. remove meal and VSTD is
voluntary short term disability.
so again, what the fuck is a VSTD meal?!
Vegetarian Standard Meal. He eats the same damned thing every single
day.
It used to be his STD meal, but then he ran out of money and stopped
eating meat.
ah. that makes sense. STD as in standard, not sexually transmitted
disease. my wife has been asking me to get my head out of the gutter for
the last 40 years. perhaps i should start listening to her. :/
If he capitalized it as Std / VStd, it might help. But he's incapable of
attention to detail.

Cindy Hamilton
Bruce 8
2022-01-05 19:28:38 UTC
On Wed, 05 Jan 2022 12:26:38 -0500, Michael Trew
Post by f***@sdf.org
Post by Cindy Hamilton
Post by f***@sdf.org
Post by John Kuthe
Broccoli, carrot and asparagus all moistly cooked tender, drained and buttered over Brown Rice and my Sweet and Hot Beans! :-) Delicious AND Nutritious!
what is a VSTD meal?
first google hit points right to here, rfc. remove meal and VSTD is
voluntary short term disability.
so again, what the fuck is a VSTD meal?!
Vegetarian Standard Meal. He eats the same damned thing every single
day.
It used to be his STD meal, but then he ran out of money and stopped
eating meat.
ah. that makes sense. STD as in standard, not sexually transmitted
disease. my wife has been asking me to get my head out of the gutter for
the last 40 years. perhaps i should start listening to her. :/
It's not just you, I read the same thing every time, until someone here
enlightened me to the made up acronym. This group likes to make their
own acronyms.
Ghe Ghe Ghe

This is my frogger.
f***@sdf.org
2022-01-05 20:30:31 UTC
Post by f***@sdf.org
Post by Cindy Hamilton
Post by f***@sdf.org
Post by John Kuthe
[...]
there's definitely some weird stuff going on in rfc. and history between
some long time posters. likely most of which i'll never fully understand.
but it does give the group character. :)
Bruce 7
This is my frogger.
Michael Trew
2022-01-06 04:42:01 UTC
Post by f***@sdf.org
Post by f***@sdf.org
Post by Cindy Hamilton
Post by f***@sdf.org
Post by John Kuthe
[...]
That it does. I'm still trying to decipher it... even if I donate an
hour a day for almost the past year, and downloaded messages back to
2013 to reference, I still miss a fair bit. Lots going on here.

Speaking of acronyms, now I have to ask... how about "FOS" or "SDF"?
f***@sdf.org
2022-01-06 20:42:15 UTC
Speaking of acronyms, now I have to ask... how about "FOS" or "SDF"?
Flood of Sins. i'll just say it's possible i may be a much more
disturbed and seedy individual than what you see here in rfc right now.
:D

Super Dimension Fortress. started as a BBS based on a Japanime tv series
from 1982 in 1987 on an Apple ][e microcomputer and has grown into a
federally recognized non-profit organization that consists of a cluster
of 64bit enterprise class systems running mainly NetBSD, and other open
source Unix systems.

short history: https://sdf.org/?faq?BASICS?01
long history: https://sdf.org/?faq?BASICS?02
graphic history: https://sdf.org/?tour/history/index
Bryan Simmons
2022-01-10 09:46:21 UTC
Post by f***@sdf.org
Post by f***@sdf.org
Post by John Kuthe
[...]
My favorite one is KSKH.

2022-01-04 23:53:14 UTC
Post by f***@sdf.org
Post by John Kuthe
Broccoli, carrot and asparagus all moistly cooked tender, drained and buttered over Brown Rice and my Sweet and Hot Beans! :-) Delicious AND Nutritious!
what is a VSTD meal?
first google hit points right to here, rfc. remove meal and VSTD is
voluntary short term disability.
so again, what the fuck is a VSTD meal?!
LOL. Buckle in, and enjoy the ride.
The simple answer is "Broccoli, carrot and asparagus all moistly cooked
tender, drained and buttered over Brown Rice and my Sweet and Hot Beans!"

I do believe fos already knew that.

Jill
Bruce 6
2022-01-05 00:15:47 UTC
That sounds good. Do you have a recipe?
Arnie
Uhm, Ghe Ghe Ghe.
Arnie
This is my frogger.
Dave Smith
2022-01-09 18:31:52 UTC
Post by f***@sdf.org
Post by John Kuthe
Broccoli, carrot and asparagus all moistly cooked tender, drained and buttered over Brown Rice and my Sweet and Hot Beans! :-) Delicious AND Nutritious!
what is a VSTD meal?
first google hit points right to here, rfc. remove meal and VSTD is
voluntary short term disability.
so again, what the fuck is a VSTD meal?!
Can you go into more detail? I don't get it