Happy National Bacon Day
2021-12-30 14:55:04 UTC
To those of you who celebrate it.

https://nationaltoday.com/national-bacon-day/

--Bryan
f***@sdf.org
2021-12-30 17:55:06 UTC
To those of you who celebrate it.
https://nationaltoday.com/national-bacon-day/
today I learned National Bacon Day is a thing.

i always make my bacon late winter or very early spring. now i want to
make it on National Bacon Day.

so here's a question.

my bacon recipe is a three stage process. curing, drying, cold smoking,
in that order. should the process be started or finished on National
Bacon Day?
--
***@sdf.org
SDF Public Access UNIX System - https://sdf.org
Bruce
2021-12-30 18:00:18 UTC
Post by f***@sdf.org
Post by Bryan Simmons
To those of you who celebrate it.
https://nationaltoday.com/national-bacon-day/
today I learned National Bacon Day is a thing.
It's when you celebrate the life of the pig.
What counts is the pie hole.
Judith Latham
2021-12-30 18:42:40 UTC
Post by f***@sdf.org
Post by Bryan Simmons
To those of you who celebrate it.
https://nationaltoday.com/national-bacon-day/
today I learned National Bacon Day is a thing.
It's when you celebrate the life of the pig.
Happy Birthday Jill !!!
Again, Happy Birthday Jill !!!
Bruce
2022-01-01 03:34:46 UTC
Post by Judith Latham
Post by Bruce
Post by Bruce
Post by f***@sdf.org
i always make my bacon late winter or very early spring. now i want to
make it on National Bacon Day.
so here's a question.
my bacon recipe is a three stage process. curing, drying, cold smoking,
in that order. should the process be started or finished on National
Bacon Day?
What counts is the pie hole.
Again, Happy Birthday Jill !!!
Canned is cooked. Frozen is not cooked. Do we have to explain
everything to this guy?
Michael Trew
2021-12-30 19:36:46 UTC
Post by f***@sdf.org
Post by Bryan Simmons
To those of you who celebrate it.
https://nationaltoday.com/national-bacon-day/
today I learned National Bacon Day is a thing.
i always make my bacon late winter or very early spring. now i want to
make it on National Bacon Day.
so here's a question.
my bacon recipe is a three stage process. curing, drying, cold smoking,
in that order. should the process be started or finished on National
Bacon Day?
That depends... how long does it take to complete from start to finish?
You might not want to be bothered starting the process on Christmas
day. Likewise, you might not want to finish it on New Years day, if you
are otherwise preoccupied during those holidays.
f***@sdf.org
2021-12-31 12:45:01 UTC
Post by f***@sdf.org
Post by Bryan Simmons
To those of you who celebrate it.
https://nationaltoday.com/national-bacon-day/
today I learned National Bacon Day is a thing.
i always make my bacon late winter or very early spring. now i want to
make it on National Bacon Day.
so here's a question.
my bacon recipe is a three stage process. curing, drying, cold smoking,
in that order. should the process be started or finished on National
Bacon Day?
That depends... how long does it take to complete from start to finish?
You might not want to be bothered starting the process on Christmas
day. Likewise, you might not want to finish it on New Years day, if you
are otherwise preoccupied during those holidays.
that settles it. the most work starting the cure, the least work is
hanging the slabs of cured meat in the smoker and lighting the pellets.
plus, it's not really bacon until after it's smoked so finishing it on
National Bacon Day it is.
Michael Trew
Sounds like a plan! Care to mail some my way? ;)
Bruce
2022-01-01 03:26:43 UTC
On Fri, 31 Dec 2021 21:01:53 -0500, Michael Trew
Post by Michael Trew
Post by f***@sdf.org
Post by Michael Trew
That depends... how long does it take to complete from start to finish?
You might not want to be bothered starting the process on Christmas
day. Likewise, you might not want to finish it on New Years day, if you
are otherwise preoccupied during those holidays.
that settles it. the most work starting the cure, the least work is
hanging the slabs of cured meat in the smoker and lighting the pellets.
plus, it's not really bacon until after it's smoked so finishing it on
National Bacon Day it is.
Sounds like a plan! Care to mail some my way? ;)
Sure, but will you pay for the shipping? Sorry, that was an obscene
question.
Bruce
Dit is mijn kikker. Ghe Ghe Ghe.
Dave Smith
2022-01-09 18:31:38 UTC
Post by f***@sdf.org
Post by Michael Trew
Post by f***@sdf.org
Post by Bryan Simmons
[...]
am going to be making some soon. i'm out of it and refuse to wait nearly
a year to make more.
sure, i can send some prints of photos. :D
but seriously, we're kicking around the idea of going to High Point
Raceway in Mount Morris in June for some pro MX. has been a couple
decades since i've been out that way, and just maybe i could deliver
some myself. i'm in Western NY outside of Buffalo.
Can you go into more detail? I don't get it
2021-12-31 10:40:02 UTC
Post by f***@sdf.org
Post by Bryan Simmons
To those of you who celebrate it.
https://nationaltoday.com/national-bacon-day/
today I learned National Bacon Day is a thing.
i always make my bacon late winter or very early spring. now i want to
make it on National Bacon Day.
so here's a question.
my bacon recipe is a three stage process. curing, drying, cold smoking,
in that order. should the process be started or finished on National
Bacon Day?
--
SDF Public Access UNIX System - https://sdf.org
I don't think he's a troll. Hank Rogers, GM and the other froggers are
trolls. Nevertheless, people sometimes talk to them as if they're
normal, decent people. Why? Because they have an enemy in common.

RFC, for all your double standards
Sheldon Martin
I presume the day it's eaten.
Bruce
everything to this guy?
Gary
2022-01-01 14:50:19 UTC
Canned is cooked. Frozen is not cooked.
Not in all cases. Alaskan king crab is killed immediately, cooked, then
frozen.
Cindy Hamilton
2022-01-01 15:11:26 UTC