Omicron
2022-01-06 10:12:25 UTC
Well, my wife and I both called off work this morning.
We've both had 3 shots, so it shouldn't be that bad. I
guess I'll be getting a few days rest. There are no tests
to be had, but it's very likely Covid.

--Bryan
joe
2022-01-06 13:19:31 UTC
Well, my wife and I both called off work this morning.
We've both had 3 shots, so it shouldn't be that bad. I
guess I'll be getting a few days rest. There are no tests
to be had, but it's very likely Covid.
--Bryan
The silver lining is now you can spend more time in here
showing your never ending love for Kuthe.

That's a win for both of you losers.
Bryan Simmons
2022-01-06 17:37:11 UTC
Post by joe
Post by Bryan Simmons
Well, my wife and I both called off work this morning.
We've both had 3 shots, so it shouldn't be that bad. I
guess I'll be getting a few days rest. There are no tests
to be had, but it's very likely Covid.
--Bryan
The silver lining is now you can spend more time in here
I did an at home test, and it was negative.

--Bryan
Graham
AIUI, The failure rate of these is very high.
Arn0
2022-01-06 18:26:47 UTC
Post by Graham
Post by Bryan Simmons
Post by joe
Post by Bryan Simmons
Well, my wife and I both called off work this morning.
We've both had 3 shots, so it shouldn't be that bad. I
guess I'll be getting a few days rest. There are no tests
to be had, but it's very likely Covid.
--Bryan
The silver lining is now you can spend more time in here
I did an at home test, and it was negative.
--Bryan
AIUI, The failure rate of these is very high.
An unvaccinated friend of mine did a self test and it was negative.
Now, two days later he has all the symptoms.
Arn0
This is my frogger.
Arn0
Yes. Ghe Ghe Ghe :)))))))))))
S Viemeister
False negatives are fairly common, but not false positives.
Dave Smith
2022-01-06 20:19:51 UTC
Post by S Viemeister
Post by Graham
Post by Bryan Simmons
I did an at home test, and it was negative.
AIUI, The failure rate of these is very high.
False negatives are fairly common, but not false positives.
Apparently there are both. Anecdotally, my son was sent home from work
the other day when he tested positive, though the appearance was
questionable. He did another test when he got home he did another test
and had similar questionable results that may have been positive and he
was told to take it as a positive. The next day he did another test and
it came back clearly negative.
Arn0
2022-01-06 20:09:56 UTC
I did an at home test, and it was negative.
Those things suck and can't be trusted.

2022-01-07 10:01:18 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
Post by Bryan Simmons
I did an at home test, and it was negative.
Those things suck and can't be trusted.
-sw
There's a whole lot of big money being made during these panicdemic times.

Vaccines, testing, booster shots, testing. All 3 booster shots and more
constant testing, testing, testing. Waiting hours in lines to be tested.
Now a 4th booster shot will probably be necessary and more testing.

Masks, no masks, masks again. Ok to get back in public now. Oops, virus
is spiking again so quit going in public. Get tested, get tested...get
TESTED Dammit! Wear your mask unless you're tested

Now the new variation - combo of Covid and regular flu together. I can't
recall what they named that one. All y'all, don't forget your regular
flu vaccination either. And wear a mask in public, or not. Be sure to
get tested.
Cindy Hamilton
2022-01-07 11:02:25 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
Post by Bryan Simmons
I did an at home test, and it was negative.
Those things suck and can't be trusted.
-sw
There's a whole lot of big money being made during these panicdemic times.
Why do you hate capitalism?
Post by Gary
Vaccines, testing, booster shots, testing. All 3 booster shots and more
constant testing, testing, testing. Waiting hours in lines to be tested.
Now a 4th booster shot will probably be necessary and more testing.
Masks, no masks, masks again. Ok to get back in public now. Oops, virus
is spiking again so quit going in public. Get tested, get tested...get
TESTED Dammit! Wear your mask unless you're tested
Now the new variation - combo of Covid and regular flu together. I can't
recall what they named that one. All y'all, don't forget your regular
flu vaccination either. And wear a mask in public, or not. Be sure to
get tested.
Get vaccinated. Wear a mask. Keep your distance. Use your brain.

Not complicated at all.

Cindy Hamilton
Mike Duffy
2022-01-07 14:16:28 UTC
Get vaccinated. Wear a mask. Keep your distance. Use your brain.
Not complicated at all.
If in Quebec, there is again a 10 PM to 5 AM curfew. We are not even
allowed to walk the dog during the curfew.

The worse part is, everyone knows the major spreaders are non-vaxed &
children. But the politicians need to be seen as 'doing something'. I'm
just glad I don't need to put a mask on my dog.
Cindy Hamilton
2022-01-07 14:34:57 UTC
Post by Mike Duffy
Get vaccinated. Wear a mask. Keep your distance. Use your brain.
Not complicated at all.
If in Quebec, there is again a 10 PM to 5 AM curfew. We are not even
allowed to walk the dog during the curfew.
In the city, I presume. Is there a prohibition against being outside in
your own yard between 10 pm and 5 am?

2022-01-07 23:11:12 UTC
In the city, I presume. Is there a prohibition against being outside in
your own yard between 10 pm and 5 am?
City or rural, you are allowed on your own property; not on the street.
You are not allowed to be driving around unless commuting to work, &c.
I have friends whose son and DiL were working in Jordan when this
nonsense started. They were not allowed to take their dogs their business.
Jeßus
2022-01-07 23:17:07 UTC
On Fri, 7 Jan 2022 18:11:12 -0500, Dave Smith
In the city, I presume. Is there a prohibition against being outside in
your own yard between 10 pm and 5 am?
City or rural, you are allowed on your own property; not on the street.
You are not allowed to be driving around unless commuting to work, &c.
I have friends whose son and DiL were working in Jordan when this
nonsense started. They were not allowed to take their dogs their business.
So many ludicrous rules that make no sense. We can take off our masks
in pubs and restaurants IF sitting down. Standing up in the same spot?
Must wear a mask.

One good thing here is that many businesses are ignoring many of the
'mandates' where possible. We went to a pub for NYE, I and many others
should have been refused entry due to not being 'double vaccinated'.
nobody checked, nobody cared, either. No one wore masks.
Dave Smith
2022-01-08 00:01:28 UTC
Post by Dave Smith
I have friends whose son and DiL were working in Jordan when this
nonsense started. They were not allowed to take their dogs their business.
So many ludicrous rules that make no sense. We can take off our masks
in pubs and restaurants IF sitting down. Standing up in the same spot?
Must wear a mask.
You have to wear a mask going into bars here, but once you get to your
place you can take it off.

You can remove your mask to consume food. The day I went for my booster
there was a couple guys coming into the mall. One of them was carrying a
cup of coffee so he had his mask pulled down. I guess he figured he fit
the exemption anywhere in the mall so long as he had a drink in hand.
Maybe that help to explain why we are back to restaurants being closed.
Post by Jeßus
One good thing here is that many businesses are ignoring many of the
'mandates' where possible. We went to a pub for NYE, I and many others
should have been refused entry due to not being 'double vaccinated'.
nobody checked, nobody cared, either. No one wore masks.
I go by my second name and that is what is on my driver license. My
health card and vaccine passport have my first name. We have to show our
QR codes and photo ID to eat in restaurants and to get into gyms and the
local community centre. I have had to show them many times. No one has
noticed that they are two different names.
Ed Pawlowski
2022-01-08 00:25:56 UTC
Post by Jeßus
One good thing here is that many businesses are ignoring many of the
'mandates' where possible. We went to a pub for NYE, I and many others
should have been refused entry due to not being 'double vaccinated'.
nobody checked, nobody cared, either. No one wore masks.
I go by my second name and that is what is on my driver license.  My
health card and vaccine passport have my first name. We have to show our
QR codes and photo ID to eat in restaurants and to get into gyms and the
local community centre. I have had to show them many times. No one has
noticed that they are two different names.
QR codes simplify things. You can get it tattooed on your forehead and
a scanner at the door will open if you are up to date.
Bryan Simmons
2022-01-08 00:38:27 UTC
Post by Jeßus
One good thing here is that many businesses are ignoring many of the
'mandates' where possible. We went to a pub for NYE, I and many others
should have been refused entry due to not being 'double vaccinated'.
nobody checked, nobody cared, either. No one wore masks.
I go by my second name and that is what is on my driver license. My
health card and vaccine passport have my first name. We have to show our
QR codes and photo ID to eat in restaurants and to get into gyms and the
local community centre. I have had to show them many times. No one has
noticed that they are two different names.
QR codes simplify things. You can get it tattooed on your forehead and
a scanner at the door will open if you are up to date.
And the number of the QR code is the number of a man,
and that number is six hundred threescore and six.

2022-01-08 01:31:54 UTC
Post by Jeßus
One good thing here is that many businesses are ignoring many of the
'mandates' where possible. We went to a pub for NYE, I and many others
should have been refused entry due to not being 'double vaccinated'.
nobody checked, nobody cared, either. No one wore masks.
I go by my second name and that is what is on my driver license.  My
health card and vaccine passport have my first name. We have to show our
QR codes and photo ID to eat in restaurants and to get into gyms and the
local community centre. I have had to show them many times. No one has
noticed that they are two different names.
QR codes simplify things. You can get it tattooed on your forehead and
a scanner at the door will open if you are up to date.
Yes. My guess is in the future, everything will have QR codes. On this
rock, we have to QR code upon awakening each day. Soon, you'll have to
QR code each and every poo you do. Just in case any SARS like
antibodies may be detected at the treatment works.

https://vimeo.com/663531738
dsi1
I used to work for a company that made bar code readers. You had a badge with your personal bar code ID. You used it to punch in and out. When you started a job, you'd scan your ID badge and then the job ID. It was quite a system. Of course, your bosses knew what you were doing for every minute of the day. That was pretty cool.
GM
2022-01-08 02:50:27 UTC
Post by Jeßus
[...]
France, for instance, has one of the most formidable militaries in Europe, can project force to
other continents rapidly when it needs to, and possesses nearly 300 nuclear warheads.

But nobody in the US worries about France’s military capabilities because the French aren’t about
to order an invasion of the US mainland.

Of course, North Korea isn’t France.

Policymakers need to stop viewing North Korea as suicidal and start viewing it as a rational
actor whose ultimate objective is self-preservation. Only through a realistic analysis can
Washington begin to form a North Korea policy that actually works.

</>
Gary
2022-01-08 13:09:12 UTC
Post by Jeßus
One good thing here is that many businesses are ignoring many of the
'mandates' where possible. We went to a pub for NYE, I and many others
should have been refused entry due to not being 'double vaccinated'.
nobody checked, nobody cared, either. No one wore masks.
You call that a good thing, Dave? Ignoring masks are what keeps this
virus problem alive. It's not the unvacinnated spreading this, it's the
completely vaccinated going out in public with no masks thinking it's
all ok now.

Fully vaccinated are still getting and spreading it. People are "over
it" (the restrictions) but it's still too soon to be "over it."

These days, earth seems to be a haven for imbeciles. Many more people
will die unnecessarily before this fades away.
Dave Smith
2022-01-08 15:22:44 UTC
On