Replacing cookware
Add Reply
ItsJoan NotJoAnn
2021-12-28 22:46:53 UTC
Some of the ceramic lined pans have stayed nice, but some haven't. Overall, I figure they were mostly a mistake. I bought a new set of stainless steel ones today.
https://www.t-falusa.com/Cookware/Pots-%26-Pans/Expert-Clad-Tri-Ply-10-Pc-Cookware-set-/p/2100119646
--Bryan
I think you'll be quite pleased with the tri-ply cookware. Congratulations!
(Sheldon will be along shortly to tell you that you should have bought what he uses.)
Bryan Simmons
2021-12-29 01:14:01 UTC
Some of the ceramic lined pans have stayed nice, but some haven't. Overall, I figure they were mostly a mistake. I bought a new set of stainless steel ones today.
https://www.t-falusa.com/Cookware/Pots-%26-Pans/Expert-Clad-Tri-Ply-10-Pc-Cookware-set-/p/2100119646
--Bryan
I think you'll be quite pleased with the tri-ply cookware. Congratulations!
(Sheldon will be along shortly to tell you that you should have bought what he uses.)
Yeah, I think Popeye discovered that some obscure dago pans are the
finest shit in the universe. I forget the brand, but all others are
tiad.
These are an Italian brand, but likely made in China. Some things
made in China are fine, because they are made with Japanese
steel. The Japanese and Germans make good steel. So do the
Americans and Canadians, what we still make.

When it comes right down to it, I bought disposable cookware. It
doesn't even matter much that I bought it *deeply* discounted. I
have old Corningware that is great for the oven, and now I have
stainless for everything else. It is nice that I still have some of
those ceramic pans that are nice, and work super well for grilled
cheese sandwiches. This one was from this evening.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/***@N08/51784250829/in/dateposted-public/

I put the cheese on one piece of bread, and microwave it at 10%
power in the inverter microwave for a couple of minutes, just
enough to get the cheese somewhat adhered to the bread. After
taking it out I put the cold sliced roast beef on, and butter the top
piece. Then I flip the plate, applying pressure with fingers, and
set it into the pan, then butter the other side. The cheese melts,
more or less (this evening it was less), but the beef stays medium
rare. I put the cheese in the picture because ALDI USA sells a
really nice Irish Cheddar at a decent price.

I'm assuming you've tested a lot of forks.
Michael Trew
2021-12-29 06:02:49 UTC
[...]
Even "deeply discounted", why not buy something meant to last? I picked
up my vintage stainless steel copper bottom Revereware for cheaper than
you can get even the worst stainless pans new, and I bet it'll last my
lifetime.
GM
2021-12-29 06:08:02 UTC
[...]
Bryan is 60 - ish...

;-)
Well then his son can inherit them!
Bryan Simmons
2021-12-29 09:39:26 UTC
[...]
61, and I bought them for their supposed non-stickiness. The new set
should easily outlive me. Heck, I could start taking SS in less than a
year. Of course, *I* have a job. It's a lowly retail job, and well, you know.
2021-12-31 08:32:12 UTC
Some of the ceramic lined pans have stayed nice, but some haven't. Overall, I figure they were mostly a mistake. I bought a new set of stainless steel ones today.
https://www.t-falusa.com/Cookware/Pots-%26-Pans/Expert-Clad-Tri-Ply-10-Pc-Cookware-set-/p/2100119646
--Bryan
I think you'll be quite pleased with the tri-ply cookware. Congratulations!
(Sheldon will be along shortly to tell you that you should have bought what he uses.)
I topped off the set with a good sized dutch oven.
https://www.t-falusa.com/Cookware/Pots-%26-Pans/Copper-Elegance-Stainless-Steel-5-7-Qt-Covered-Dutch-Oven-/p/2100120094

2021-12-31 11:52:24 UTC
Some of the ceramic lined pans have stayed nice, but some haven't. Overall, I figure they were mostly a mistake. I bought a new set of stainless steel ones today.
https://www.t-falusa.com/Cookware/Pots-%26-Pans/Expert-Clad-Tri-Ply-10-Pc-Cookware-set-/p/2100119646
--Bryan
Doesn't give the price. Looks nice but it's small for a Dutch oven.
I don't buy pots as a set, there will always be one you'll never use
for cooking, like that 1qt pot... I have a one qt pot that I use for
scooping bird seed. I don't see the point to that copper lid, you
can't cook on it but it'll be good practice for polishing.
2021-12-31 14:31:11 UTC
Doesn't give the price. Looks nice but it's small for a Dutch oven.
I don't buy pots as a set, there will always be one you'll never use
for cooking, like that 1qt pot... I have a one qt pot that I use for
scooping bird seed. I don't see the point to that copper lid, you
can't cook on it but it'll be good practice for polishing.
I use the 1 qt at least once a week. Holds 4 eggs. I take two out for
soft boiled today, leave the other two sit a while for hard boiled
tomorrow.
Sheldon Martin
2021-12-31 19:00:01 UTC
Post by Ed Pawlowski
Post by Sheldon Martin
Doesn't give the price. Looks nice but it's small for a Dutch oven.
I don't buy pots as a set, there will always be one you'll never use
for cooking, like that 1qt pot... I have a one qt pot that I use for
scooping bird seed. I don't see the point to that copper lid, you
can't cook on it but it'll be good practice for polishing.
I use the 1 qt at least once a week. Holds 4 eggs. I take two out for
soft boiled today, leave the other two sit a while for hard boiled
tomorrow.
A 2 quart is as small as I use, and works well for boiling four eggs.
A 1 quart barely holds four large eggs, as they heat they expand and
push against each other, one or two can crack. I wouldn't keep a one
quart pot if only to boil eggs, any size pot can boil eggs. When I
want to boil several eggs, like a dozen for egg salad, I boil them in
a french fry basket, easy to take them all out at once and plunge them
into cold water to stop the cooking and makes for easy peeling. I got
tired of shuffling that one quart pot around so retired it to the wild
bird seed sack... a perfect size for scooping and pouring seeds into
the bird feeder... perfect for scooping and pouring dry cat food too.
Bruce
Dit is mijn kikker. Ghe Ghe Ghe.
Bruce
Popeye, tell us about yoose 50 gallon steam kettle.
Bruce
2021-12-31 19:54:26 UTC
On Fri, 31 Dec 2021 11:43:44 -0800 (PST), Bryan Simmons
Post by