OT: Hey Mike Duffy
2022-01-08 22:44:15 UTC
Have you ever read this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine_Summer
I know you like SF, and this is both obscure and unique. I've been
asked to give suggestions to someone for SF and Fantasy books.
Crowley's other notable book, *Little, Big* tops the list for Fantasy.
Another favorite low fantasy is *Tuck Everlasting*, and also a crazy
little book called *In Watermelon Sugar*.
Other SF books I'll mention are the *Foundation trilogy*, the *Dune
tetralogy*, and *The Space Merchants*.
Other great ones are those by the Clintoons, Obummer, or d'Oprah...

Although those tomes might best be described as "alternative history", a branch of SF...
2022-01-09 00:16:32 UTC
Have you ever read this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine_Summer
I know you like SF, and this is both obscure and unique. I've been
asked to give suggestions to someone for SF and Fantasy books.
Crowley's other notable book, *Little, Big* tops the list for Fantasy.
Another favorite low fantasy is *Tuck Everlasting*, and also a crazy
little book called *In Watermelon Sugar*.
Other SF books I'll mention are the *Foundation trilogy*, the *Dune
tetralogy*, and *The Space Merchants*.
--Bryan
I still like the winter book.
Uhm, Ghe Ghe Ghe. This is my frogger. Yes. Ghe Ghe Ghe :)))))))))))
2022-01-09 00:25:47 UTC
Have you ever read this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine_Summer
I know you like SF, and this is both obscure and unique. I've been
asked to give suggestions to someone for SF and Fantasy books.
Crowley's other notable book, *Little, Big* tops the list for Fantasy.
Another favorite low fantasy is *Tuck Everlasting*, and also a crazy
little book called *In Watermelon Sugar*.
Other SF books I'll mention are the *Foundation trilogy*, the *Dune
tetralogy*, and *The Space Merchants*.
Other great ones are those by the Clintoons, Obummer, or d'Oprah...
Although those tomes might best be described as "alternative history", a branch of SF...
I'm surprised that you wasted the opportunity to recommend
*Anthem*.
2022-01-09 03:59:55 UTC
On Sat, 8 Jan 2022 16:25:47 -0800 (PST), Bryan Simmons
Have you ever read this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine_Summer
I know you like SF, and this is both obscure and unique. I've been
asked to give suggestions to someone for SF and Fantasy books.
Crowley's other notable book, *Little, Big* tops the list for Fantasy.
Another favorite low fantasy is *Tuck Everlasting*, and also a crazy
little book called *In Watermelon Sugar*.
Other SF books I'll mention are the *Foundation trilogy*, the *Dune
tetralogy*, and *The Space Merchants*.
Other great ones are those by the Clintoons, Obummer, or d'Oprah...
Although those tomes might best be described as "alternative history", a branch of SF...
I'm surprised that you wasted the opportunity to recommend
*Anthem*.
Uhm, Dit is mijn kikker. Ghe Ghe Ghe.
Mike Duffy
2022-01-09 04:40:09 UTC
Have you ever read this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine_Summer I know you like SF, and this
is both obscure and unique.
No. If I ever see it at a used book place I will likely pick it up.
I've been asked to give suggestions to someone for SF
My fav author is Fred Pohl. The 'Heechee' series is 6 books which should
be read in proper order. Similarly the 'Eschaton' trilogy. 'Black Star
Rising' is an excellent singleton.