Red door outside
2021-10-11 14:16:19 UTC

2021-10-11 14:24:43 UTC
https://i.postimg.cc/tgcspPdN/Red-Door-outside-1.jpg
Looks like shit...OR did you NOT bother to FINISH the job...???
2021-10-11 15:41:45 UTC
https://i.postimg.cc/tgcspPdN/Red-Door-outside-1.jpg
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
I love that antique storm door! That's a beautiful door surround as
well. I'd post a picture of my leaded glass next to my front door if I
were feeling less lazy.

If one were to replace that with a modern storm door, it would be very
costly to make something custom fit that spot -- I would not recommend.
Dave Smith
2021-10-11 15:47:56 UTC
https://i.postimg.cc/tgcspPdN/Red-Door-outside-1.jpg
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
I love that antique storm door!  That's a beautiful door surround as
well.  I'd post a picture of my leaded glass next to my front door if I
were feeling less lazy.
If one were to replace that with a modern storm door, it would be very
costly to make something custom fit that spot -- I would not recommend.
I think most people would have sanded the door first and they would have
made a better effort not so slop the paint onto the door frame and the
sill. Cripes, he slopped paint on the step and over the edge of it.
Michael Trew
2021-10-11 15:59:17 UTC
https://i.postimg.cc/tgcspPdN/Red-Door-outside-1.jpg
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
I love that antique storm door! That's a beautiful door surround as
well. I'd post a picture of my leaded glass next to my front door if
I were feeling less lazy.
If one were to replace that with a modern storm door, it would be very
costly to make something custom fit that spot -- I would not recommend.
I think most people would have sanded the door first and they would have
made a better effort not so slop the paint onto the door frame and the
sill. Cripes, he slopped paint on the step and over the edge of it.
True.. but I was more focusing on the architecture. Paint can be
re-done. I would have stripped it down with a heat gun and sanded
before painting.
Dave Smith
2021-10-11 16:32:32 UTC
I think most people would have sanded the door first and they would have
made a better effort not so slop the paint onto the door frame and the
sill. Cripes, he slopped paint on the step and over the edge of it.
True.. but I was more focusing on the architecture.  Paint can be
re-done.  I would have stripped it down with a heat gun and sanded
before painting.
Welcome to the crazy world of Kuthe. Find the colour that will clash the
most with the brick and roof, slap the paint on without any prep work,
slop it on the door frame and all over the steps and then post of
photo of it and expect people to admire it.
Sqwertz
2021-10-11 16:41:55 UTC
I think most people would have sanded the door first and they would have
made a better effort not so slop the paint onto the door frame and the
sill. Cripes, he slopped paint on the step and over the edge of it.
It looks like he invited all the kids in the hood to come over and
finger-paint.

2021-10-11 17:10:17 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
Post by Dave Smith
I think most people would have sanded the door first and they would have
made a better effort not so slop the paint onto the door frame and the
sill. Cripes, he slopped paint on the step and over the edge of it.
It looks like he invited all the kids in the hood to come over and
finger-paint.
-sw
Lol...good one, Steve...
Kids would have known enough to put some paper down.
Geoff Rove
Masonry can be power washed or sanded. I am caulking manana.
John Kuthe
2021-10-11 15:55:31 UTC
https://i.postimg.cc/tgcspPdN/Red-Door-outside-1.jpg
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
I love that antique storm door! That's a beautiful door surround as
well. I'd post a picture of my leaded glass next to my front door if I
were feeling less lazy.
If one were to replace that with a modern storm door, it would be very
costly to make something custom fit that spot -- I would not recommend.
Yep, and that;s why I just got out and painted it with Red Rustoleum Enamel!

And I had the surround glass work done by Cosby Art Glass in Webster Groves, MO! :-)

2021-10-11 16:00:41 UTC
https://i.postimg.cc/tgcspPdN/Red-Door-outside-1.jpg
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
I love that antique storm door! That's a beautiful door surround as
well. I'd post a picture of my leaded glass next to my front door if I
were feeling less lazy.
If one were to replace that with a modern storm door, it would be very
costly to make something custom fit that spot -- I would not recommend.
Yep, and that;s why I just got out and painted it with Red Rustoleum Enamel!
And I had the surround glass work done by Cosby Art Glass in Webster Groves, MO! :-)
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
The stained glass around the door is not original? It looks like they
did a good job.
Sqwertz
2021-10-11 16:46:23 UTC
https://i.postimg.cc/tgcspPdN/Red-Door-outside-1.jpg
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
I love that antique storm door! That's a beautiful door surround as
well. I'd post a picture of my leaded glass next to my front door if I
were feeling less lazy.
If one were to replace that with a modern storm door, it would be very
costly to make something custom fit that spot -- I would not recommend.
Yep, and that;s why I just got out and painted it with Red Rustoleum Enamel!
And I had the surround glass work done by Cosby Art Glass in Webster Groves, MO! :-)
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
The stained glass around the door is not original? It looks like they
did a good job.
That was one of the first things he blew thousands of dollars on was
the stained glass at the top of the door. It says "The Rainbow
Tribe" or something like that Whatever it says, it's based on a
myth he misunderstood (and an unrelated stupid movie).

The stuff on the sides, who knows what this. Something propped up
from the inside. They swindled him into getting his bathroom
windows done, too.

2021-10-11 18:36:22 UTC
https://i.postimg.cc/tgcspPdN/Red-Door-outside-1.jpg
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
I love that antique storm door! That's a beautiful door surround as
well. I'd post a picture of my leaded glass next to my front door if I
were feeling less lazy.
If one were to replace that with a modern storm door, it would be very
costly to make something custom fit that spot -- I would not recommend.
Yep, and that;s why I just got out and painted it with Red Rustoleum Enamel!
And I had the surround glass work done by Cosby Art Glass in Webster Groves, MO! :-)
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
The stained glass around the door is not original? It looks like they
did a good job.
It is VERY original! The door surround was the first thing Cosby Art Glass did for me, then I had them also continue to the two square windows in my house's front room, then on to the first floor bathroom! Which is pretty spectacular!

I'll continue from my WinXP machine...

2021-10-11 19:08:45 UTC
[...]
HERE IT IS:

Gorgeous, eh?

2021-10-11 19:15:10 UTC
[...]
https://i.postimg.cc/W1tt7vxY/1st-floor-bathroom-pic.jpg
Gorgeous, eh?
UGH...some hippie on LSD musta PUKED...!!!

Did you order that outta the back of "High Times" magazine, John...???

LOL LOL LOL
2021-10-11 19:56:17 UTC
The stained glass around the door is not original? It looks like they
did a good job.
It is VERY original! The door surround was the first thing Cosby Art Glass did for me, then I had them also continue to the two square windows in my house's front room, then on to the first floor bathroom! Which is pretty spectacular!
I'll continue from my WinXP machine...
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
https://i.postimg.cc/W1tt7vxY/1st-floor-bathroom-pic.jpg
Gorgeous, eh?
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
The window glass is beautiful. I personally would not have painted the
wood pink, however. I had the same pink tile in my bathroom at my
mothers house, and I painted