Red door outside
2021-10-11 14:16:19 UTC

2021-10-11 14:24:43 UTC
https://i.postimg.cc/tgcspPdN/Red-Door-outside-1.jpg
Looks like shit...OR did you NOT bother to FINISH the job...???
2021-10-11 15:41:45 UTC
https://i.postimg.cc/tgcspPdN/Red-Door-outside-1.jpg
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
I love that antique storm door! That's a beautiful door surround as
well. I'd post a picture of my leaded glass next to my front door if I
were feeling less lazy.

If one were to replace that with a modern storm door, it would be very
costly to make something custom fit that spot -- I would not recommend.
Dave Smith
2021-10-11 15:47:56 UTC
https://i.postimg.cc/tgcspPdN/Red-Door-outside-1.jpg
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
I love that antique storm door!  That's a beautiful door surround as
well.  I'd post a picture of my leaded glass next to my front door if I
were feeling less lazy.
If one were to replace that with a modern storm door, it would be very
costly to make something custom fit that spot -- I would not recommend.
I think most people would have sanded the door first and they would have
made a better effort not so slop the paint onto the door frame and the
sill. Cripes, he slopped paint on the step and over the edge of it.
Michael Trew
2021-10-11 15:59:17 UTC
https://i.postimg.cc/tgcspPdN/Red-Door-outside-1.jpg
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
I love that antique storm door! That's a beautiful door surround as
well. I'd post a picture of my leaded glass next to my front door if
I were feeling less lazy.
If one were to replace that with a modern storm door, it would be very
costly to make something custom fit that spot -- I would not recommend.
I think most people would have sanded the door first and they would have
made a better effort not so slop the paint onto the door frame and the
sill. Cripes, he slopped paint on the step and over the edge of it.
True.. but I was more focusing on the architecture. Paint can be
re-done. I would have stripped it down with a heat gun and sanded
before painting.
Dave Smith
2021-10-11 16:32:32 UTC
I think most people would have sanded the door first and they would have
made a better effort not so slop the paint onto the door frame and the
sill. Cripes, he slopped paint on the step and over the edge of it.
True.. but I was more focusing on the architecture.  Paint can be
re-done.  I would have stripped it down with a heat gun and sanded
before painting.
Welcome to the crazy world of Kuthe. Find the colour that will clash the
most with the brick and roof, slap the paint on without any prep work,
slop it on the door frame and all over the steps and then post of
photo of it and expect people to admire it.
Sqwertz
2021-10-11 16:41:55 UTC
I think most people would have sanded the door first and they would have
made a better effort not so slop the paint onto the door frame and the
sill. Cripes, he slopped paint on the step and over the edge of it.
It looks like he invited all the kids in the hood to come over and
finger-paint.

2021-10-11 17:10:17 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
Post by Dave Smith
I think most people would have sanded the door first and they would have
made a better effort not so slop the paint onto the door frame and the
sill. Cripes, he slopped paint on the step and over the edge of it.
It looks like he invited all the kids in the hood to come over and
finger-paint.
-sw
Lol...good one, Steve...
Kids would have known enough to put some paper down.
Geoff Rove
Masonry can be power washed or sanded. I am caulking manana.
John Kuthe
2021-10-11 15:55:31 UTC
https://i.postimg.cc/tgcspPdN/Red-Door-outside-1.jpg
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
I love that antique storm door! That's a beautiful door surround as
well. I'd post a picture of my leaded glass next to my front door if I
were feeling less lazy.
If one were to replace that with a modern storm door, it would be very
costly to make something custom fit that spot -- I would not recommend.
Yep, and that;s why I just got out and painted it with Red Rustoleum Enamel!

And I had the surround glass work done by Cosby Art Glass in Webster Groves, MO! :-)

2021-10-11 16:00:41 UTC
https://i.postimg.cc/tgcspPdN/Red-Door-outside-1.jpg
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
I love that antique storm door! That's a beautiful door surround as
well. I'd post a picture of my leaded glass next to my front door if I
were feeling less lazy.
If one were to replace that with a modern storm door, it would be very
costly to make something custom fit that spot -- I would not recommend.
Yep, and that;s why I just got out and painted it with Red Rustoleum Enamel!
And I had the surround glass work done by Cosby Art Glass in Webster Groves, MO! :-)
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
The stained glass around the door is not original? It looks like they
did a good job.
Sqwertz
2021-10-11 16:46:23 UTC
https://i.postimg.cc/tgcspPdN/Red-Door-outside-1.jpg
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
I love that antique storm door! That's a beautiful door surround as
well. I'd post a picture of my leaded glass next to my front door if I
were feeling less lazy.
If one were to replace that with a modern storm door, it would be very
costly to make something custom fit that spot -- I would not recommend.
Yep, and that;s why I just got out and painted it with Red Rustoleum Enamel!
And I had the surround glass work done by Cosby Art Glass in Webster Groves, MO! :-)
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
The stained glass around the door is not original? It looks like they
did a good job.
That was one of the first things he blew thousands of dollars on was
the stained glass at the top of the door. It says "The Rainbow
Tribe" or something like that Whatever it says, it's based on a
myth he misunderstood (and an unrelated stupid movie).

The stuff on the sides, who knows what this. Something propped up
from the inside. They swindled him into getting his bathroom
windows done, too.

2021-10-11 18:36:22 UTC
https://i.postimg.cc/tgcspPdN/Red-Door-outside-1.jpg
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
I love that antique storm door! That's a beautiful door surround as
well. I'd post a picture of my leaded glass next to my front door if I
were feeling less lazy.
If one were to replace that with a modern storm door, it would be very
costly to make something custom fit that spot -- I would not recommend.
Yep, and that;s why I just got out and painted it with Red Rustoleum Enamel!
And I had the surround glass work done by Cosby Art Glass in Webster Groves, MO! :-)
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
The stained glass around the door is not original? It looks like they
did a good job.
It is VERY original! The door surround was the first thing Cosby Art Glass did for me, then I had them also continue to the two square windows in my house's front room, then on to the first floor bathroom! Which is pretty spectacular!

I'll continue from my WinXP machine...

2021-10-11 19:08:45 UTC
[...]
HERE IT IS:

Gorgeous, eh?

2021-10-11 19:15:10 UTC
[...]
https://i.postimg.cc/W1tt7vxY/1st-floor-bathroom-pic.jpg
Gorgeous, eh?
UGH...some hippie on LSD musta PUKED...!!!

Did you order that outta the back of "High Times" magazine, John...???

LOL LOL LOL
2021-10-11 19:56:17 UTC
The stained glass around the door is not original? It looks like they
did a good job.
It is VERY original! The door surround was the first thing Cosby Art Glass did for me, then I had them also continue to the two square windows in my house's front room, then on to the first floor bathroom! Which is pretty spectacular!
I'll continue from my WinXP machine...
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
https://i.postimg.cc/W1tt7vxY/1st-floor-bathroom-pic.jpg
Gorgeous, eh?
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
The window glass is beautiful. I personally would not have painted the
wood pink, however. I had the same pink tile in my bathroom at my
mothers house, and I painted all of the trim an off white color.
John Kuthe
2021-10-11 20:25:53 UTC
The stained glass around the door is not original? It looks like they
did a good job.
It is VERY original! The door surround was the first thing Cosby Art Glass did for me, then I had them also continue to the two square windows in my house's front room, then on to the first floor bathroom! Which is pretty spectacular!
I'll continue from my WinXP machine...
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
https://i.postimg.cc/W1tt7vxY/1st-floor-bathroom-pic.jpg
Gorgeous, eh?
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
The window glass is beautiful. I personally would not have painted the
wood pink, however. I had the same pink tile in my bathroom at my
mothers house, and I painted all of the trim an off white color.
It was originally PINK! So I wanted to stay with the original! And it looks great!

John Kuthe...
Michael Trew
2021-10-12 15:19:57 UTC
The stained glass around the door is not original? It looks like they
did a good job.
It is VERY original! The door surround was the first thing Cosby Art Glass did for me, then I had them also continue to the two square windows in my house's front room, then on to the first floor bathroom! Which is pretty spectacular!
I'll continue from my WinXP machine...
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
https://i.postimg.cc/W1tt7vxY/1st-floor-bathroom-pic.jpg
Gorgeous, eh?
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
The window glass is beautiful. I personally would not have painted the
wood pink, however. I had the same pink tile in my bathroom at my
mothers house, and I painted all of the trim an off white color.
It was originally PINK! So I wanted to stay with the original! And it looks great!
John Kuthe...
That's possible, but most homes from that era likely would have had
finished, stained wood. Painted woodwork became the style in the 40's.
GM
2021-10-12 15:22:49 UTC
[...]
With John, you are shouting into the wind... he cannot understand "context"...
2021-10-12 16:06:51 UTC
[...]
John wishes there was more pink in his life, but women find him creepy.
2021-10-11 20:54:01 UTC
The stained glass around the door is not original? It looks like they
did a good job.
It is VERY original! The door surround was the first thing Cosby Art
Glass did for me, then I had them also continue to the two square
windows in my house's front room, then on to the first floor
bathroom! Which is pretty spectacular!
I'll continue from my WinXP machine...
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
https://i.postimg.cc/W1tt7vxY/1st-floor-bathroom-pic.jpg
Gorgeous, eh?
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
The window glass is beautiful.  I personally would not have painted the
wood pink, however.  I had the same pink tile in my bathroom at my
mothers house, and I painted all of the trim an off white color.
You weren't around when he painted the back deck pink and purple. The
folks in the neighborhood got up in arms about their property values and
he wound up having to paint it brown.

After he dies, the first thing the next owners will do is repaint.

2021-10-11 21:02:48 UTC
On Monday, October 11, 2021 at 3:54:09 PM UTC-5, ***@comcast.net wrote:
You weren't around when he painted the back deck pink and purple. The
folks in the neighborhood got up in arms about their property values and
he wound up having to paint it brown.
Nope! Neighbors never minded my Pink and Purple deck. The inspector died and his wife took over, and wanted it not Pink and Purple. And it was new wood so needed repainting anyway!
After he dies, the first thing the next owners will do is repaint.
Jill
After I die, my son and his wife get this house!

2021-10-11 21:15:44 UTC
You weren't around when he painted the back deck pink and purple. The
folks in the neighborhood got up in arms about their property values and
he wound up having to paint it brown.
Nope! Neighbors never minded my Pink and Purple deck. The inspector died and his wife took over, and wanted it not Pink and Purple. And it was new wood so needed repainting anyway!
After he dies, the first thing the next owners will do is repaint.
Jill
After I die, my son and his wife get this house!
Hopefully that will be soon. Then they can sell it to someone who
will repaint it.
2021-10-11 22:57:27 UTC
You weren't around when he painted the back deck pink and purple. The
folks in the neighborhood got up in arms about their property values and
he wound up having to paint it brown.
Nope! Neighbors never minded my Pink and Purple deck. The inspector died and his wife took over, and wanted it not Pink and Purple. And it was new wood so needed repainting anyway!
After he dies, the first thing the next owners will do is repaint.
Jill
After I die, my son and his wife get this house!
Hopefully that will be soon. Then they can sell it to someone who
will repaint it.
Or just knock the place down...

John has let the place deteriorate to such a state that it would be the only
reasonable option...
2021-10-11 23:27:26 UTC
You weren't around when he painted the back deck pink and purple. The
folks in the neighborhood got up in arms about their property values and
he wound up having to paint it brown.
Nope! Neighbors never minded my Pink and Purple deck. The inspector died and his wife took over, and wanted it not Pink and Purple. And it was new wood so needed repainting anyway!
After he dies, the first thing the next owners will do is repaint.
Jill
After I die, my son and his wife get this house!
Hopefully that will be soon. Then they can sell it to someone who
will repaint it.
Or just knock the place down...
John has let the place deteriorate to such a state that it would be the only
reasonable option...
No not at all! Dr Luo whom I bought it from was though, I saved this house quite literally! Capped with a $127,671+ RESTORED red clay tile roof! A 100 year roof! Asphalt shingle roofs are 20 year roofs.

2021-10-12 00:50:17 UTC
No not at all! Dr Luo whom I bought it from was though, I saved
this house quite literally! Capped with a $127,671+ RESTORED red
clay tile roof! A 100 year roof! Asphalt shingle roofs are 20
year roofs.
But you could have bought 18 of those 20 year roofs for that price.
18 * 20 years is 360 years. And you won't live 20 years anyway, so
that's $120K you could have had in your pocket right now (but you
would have blown it on rubber ducks and LED lights months ago).

2021-10-12 01:03:44 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
Post by John Kuthe
No not at all! Dr Luo whom I bought it from was though, I saved
this house quite literally! Capped with a $127,671+ RESTORED red
clay tile roof! A 100 year roof! Asphalt shingle roofs are 20
year roofs.
But you could have bought 18 of those 20 year roofs for that price.
18 * 20 years is 360 years. And you won't live 20 years anyway, so
that's $120K you could have had in your pocket right now (but you
would have blown it on rubber ducks and LED lights months ago).
-sw
Only thinking of YOURSELF again, I see.

I am NOT! I'll never have to get this roof repaired again, ever!

2021-10-12 02:11:26 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
But you could have bought 18 of those 20 year roofs for that price.
18 * 20 years is 360 years. And you won't live 20 years anyway, so
that's $120K you could have had in your pocket right now (but you
would have blown it on rubber ducks and LED lights months ago).
Only thinking of YOURSELF again, I see.
Myself - How so!? I was thinking for YOU, you dolt - since you
don't seem to be able to.

Again, you paid more to repair your roof than you did for the house
itself. When is that ever going to dawn on you?

2021-10-12 12:12:30 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
Post by John Kuthe
Post by Sqwertz
But you could have bought 18 of those 20 year roofs for that price.
18 * 20 years is 360 years. And you won't live 20 years anyway, so
that's $120K you could have had in your pocket right now (but you
would have blown it on rubber ducks and LED lights months ago).
Only thinking of YOURSELF again, I see.
Myself - How so!? I was thinking for YOU, you dolt - since you
don't seem to be able to.
Again, you paid more to repair your roof than you did for the house
itself. When is that ever going to dawn on you?
-sw
Brainless Kootchie could have had a lovely metal roof with the same
configuration as those clay tiles in any color at 1/3 the price and
with no ridiculous weight on the roof, it too would last 100+ years.
Most folks here in snow country are going with the metal roofs because
as soon as sun hits the metal snow melts and slides right off. So
what does shit for brains do, goes with ancient technology that
absorbs water, freezes, and cracks. Clay is about the shortest lived
roofing material for cold climates, it's weight ruins the supporting
timber. At his age he would have been smarter to go with asphalt
archetextural shingles, those are good for 50+ years and would have
cost 1/5 the price. At the rate Kootchie is going finding employment
if he wants to eat he had better learn to cook clay.
Gary
2021-10-12 11:04:54 UTC
After I die, my son and his wife get this house!
Hopefully that will be soon. Then they can sell it to someone who
will repaint it.
Ok Bryan. Enough of your evil talk about John. Give it a rest.

As far as what John might have said about desiring young girls years
ago, *YOU* are the one that still thinks about that and constantly
mentions that. Hmmmm...

At least your wife still looks good from the waist down, eh?

Mr.Murphy has a plan for you too and it would be just.
*You* will be the first one to die in some horrible manner.
John will naturally attend your funeral and sit with your widow.
Both of them will cry about Bryan being dead.

6 months later your wife will marry John and both will go on an extended
road trip together. :-\
Bruce 0.77 Beta
2021-10-12 17:48:21 UTC
Ok Bryan. Enough of your evil talk about John. Give it a rest.
As far as what John might have said about desiring young girls years
ago, *YOU* are the one that still thinks about that and constantly
mentions that. Hmmmm...
At least your wife still looks good from the waist down, eh?
Mr.Murphy has a plan for you too and it would be just.
*You* will be the first one to die in some horrible manner.
John will naturally attend your funeral and sit with your widow.
Both of them will cry about Bryan being dead.
6 months later your wife will marry John and both will go on an extended
road trip together. :-\
And John will be posting about how good his wife looks from the waist
down.
Gary
2021-10-13 12:30:20 UTC
Post by Bruce 0.77 Beta
Post by Gary
Ok Bryan. Enough of your evil talk about John. Give it a rest.
As far as what John might have said about desiring young girls years
ago, *YOU* are the one that still thinks about that and constantly
mentions that. Hmmmm...
At least your wife still looks good from the waist down, eh?
Mr.Murphy has a plan for you too and it would be just.
*You* will be the first one to die in some horrible manner.
John will naturally attend your funeral and sit with your widow.
Both of them will cry about Bryan being dead.
6 months later your wife will marry John and both will go on an extended
road trip together. :-\
And John will be posting about how good his wife looks from the waist
down.
I would like to hear from the women in this group about that.

Women, how would you feel if your husband told you that you still look
good from the waist down?

I seriously doubt they would consider that a compliment.
Cindy Hamilton
2021-10-13 13:10:46 UTC
Post by Bruce 0.77 Beta
Post by Gary
[...]
I'd laugh. We have a little comedy routine that goes like this:

Me: Honey, do these pants make my ass look big?
Him: No, your ass makes your ass look big.

"Still look good from the waist down" is a ridiculous concept.

Cindy Hamilton
cshenk
2021-10-17 16:07:16 UTC
I would like to hear from the women in this group about that.
Women, how would you feel if your husband told you that you still
look good from the waist down?
I seriously doubt they would consider that a compliment.
I'd laugh most likely. Now reverse it. She looks good from the waist
up. Humm, nope, don't like that either...

That's a landmine! Then again, other than I like cute shoes and
professional but colorful and comfortable work clothes, other than a
brief flash at me teens, early twenties, I mostly am 'handsome' as
opposed to pretty. Meaning no one's eyesore nor do I make women
'jealous' but never 'beautiful'. Between 'pretty and handsome' maybe?

The things that make me notable in a crowd is personality. At work,
I'm the one folks confide in or ask for help with something. I don't
tell tales and I help others with their work stuff.
Dave Smith
They may both be better than butterface.
cshenk
Hey Dave, mistrimmed. That was Gary you quoted.
Bruce 0.77 Beta
Does it *really* matter anymore, Carol?
Bryan Simmons
2021-10-17 20:51:47 UTC
Post by Bruce 0.77 Beta
Post by Gary
[...]
I didn't say that, flaccid boy. I said that from the waist down she looks
better than most women half her age. Being 56, she does consider that
complimentary. If you could have been a fly on the wall yesterday or
today, you wouldn't have any doubts about whether I find every inch of
her beautiful. You're pathetic, Gary. As far as women go, you're a loser.

2021-10-12 19:41:44 UTC
After I die, my son and his wife get this house!
Hopefully that will be soon. Then they can sell it to someone who
will repaint it.
Ok Bryan. Enough of your evil talk about John. Give it a rest.
As far as what John might have said about desiring young girls years
ago, *YOU* are the one that still thinks about that and constantly
mentions that. Hmmmm...
At least your wife still looks good from the waist down, eh?
Mr.Murphy has a plan for you too and it would be just.
*You* will be the first one to die in some horrible manner.
John will naturally attend your funeral and sit with your widow.
Both of them will cry about Bryan being dead.
6 months later your wife will marry John and both will go on an extended
road trip together. :-\
Gary, you aren't even a man. You're more like a eunuch. Your sex
life is over, so you try to speculate about others'. You're pathetic.
I bet you think about some of the same things that Kuthe does
when you do what Kuthe does.

--Bryan
Janet
2021-10-12 09:26:28 UTC
You weren't around when he painted the back deck pink and purple. The
folks in the neighborhood got up in arms about their property values and
he wound up having to paint it brown.
Nope! Neighbors never minded my Pink and Purple deck. The inspector died and his wife took over, and wanted it not Pink and Purple. And it was new wood so needed repainting anyway!
After he dies, the first thing the next owners will do is repaint.
Jill
After I die, my son and his wife get this house!
Your creditors will get it, long before you die.

Janet UK
Mike Duffy
2021-10-12 15:00:40 UTC
Post by Janet
Your creditors will get it, long before you die.
More likely, at the moment of his death via a 'reverse mortgage'. I'm
sure the only reason he has not borrowed'on his equity thusly is he's
pissed off that the $130K he spent on the roof did not raise the book
value on his house by more than a few $K.

Maybe Bryan should offer up the principle and become John's creditor.
This way, it would be like a life insurance policy where Bryan can still
collect even if John commits suicide. Co-incidentally, it would also give
Bryan a legitimate reason to want John dead, so it's a win-win for Bryan.
GM
2021-10-12 15:04:38 UTC
Post by Mike Duffy
Post by Janet
Your creditors will get it, long before you die.
More likely, at the moment of his death via a 'reverse mortgage'. I'm
sure the only reason he has not borrowed'on his equity thusly is he's
pissed off that the $130K he spent on the roof did not raise the book
value on his house by more than a few $K.
Maybe Bryan should offer up the principle and become John's creditor.
This way, it would be like a life insurance policy where Bryan can still
collect even if John commits suicide. Co-incidentally, it would also give
Bryan a legitimate reason to want John dead, so it's a win-win for Bryan.
Shades of that 1944 film noir classic "Double Indemnity"...!!!

;-)
2021-10-12 23:22:54 UTC
Post by Janet
You weren't around when he painted the back deck pink and purple. The
folks in the neighborhood got up in arms about their property values and
he wound up having to paint it brown.
Nope! Neighbors never minded my Pink and Purple deck. The inspector died and his wife took over, and wanted it not Pink and Purple. And it was new wood so needed repainting anyway!
After he dies, the first thing the next owners will do is repaint.
Jill
After I die, my son and his wife get this house!
Your creditors will get it, long before you die.
Janet UK
Even if he leaves it to his son and his son's wife, they've never
visited him so I have no idea why he thinks they won't immediately sell it.

2021-10-12 15:18:18 UTC
The window glass is beautiful. I personally would not have painted
the wood pink, however. I had the same pink tile in my bathroom at my
mothers house, and I painted all of the trim an off white color.
You weren't around when he painted the back deck pink and purple. The
folks in the neighborhood got up in arms about their property values and
he wound up having to paint it brown.
After he dies, the first thing the next owners will do is repaint.
Jill
I've seen it mentioned a few times since. He did post a picture of his
hummingbird feeder with splotches of purple still visible.. lol
Ed Pawlowski
2021-10-12 01:24:48 UTC
[...]
it is well done. The photo, however, could be better. Why not take it
again but get rid of the stuff on the windowsill and the towel scrunched
on the bar.

Details matter. That is what separates the pro from the hacks. Look
all around the view finder before pushing the button.
John Kuthe
2021-10-12 01:28:00 UTC
[...]
My pic is fine as far as I am concerned, I took another with the room light off and didn't like it as well. And it's a pic, not a photo. As is IRL!

2021-10-12 01:45:02 UTC
[...]
Another poster commented kindly on your photo, and graciously offered some useful advice...

In response you make childishly churlish remarks...

Not even a simple "Thank you" to Ed...

:-((( <<<===== SHAME on JOHN :-(

No wonder "IRL" you are an abject and total failure in life, love, and also professionally...

At least you've got that $120K roof to keep you "company", lol...!!!
2021-10-12 02:27:44 UTC
At least you've got that $120K roof to keep you "company", lol...!!!
He's gonna find that the $120K roof doesn't have very good stability
and traction when he's up there with his Uzi. Had it been a shingle
roof he'd could stick it out up there longer than Scarface and
deflect the hail of bullets from the SWAT teams with his
Prostaglandin boner!

[insert bullet ricochet sounds here]

2021-10-12 11:03:41 UTC
And I had the surround glass work done by Cosby Art Glass in Webster Groves, MO! :-)
The stained glass around the door is not original? It looks like they
did a good job.
You should ask John (or someone here) to post the pic of his bathroom
that has stained glass. It looks nice.

I have it here on my old computer but no way to send it right now.
I would paint that window frame white though to tie in with the other
white stuff. That old radiator should be painted black or white too. I
would probably paint that white.

Note: I do see that John posted that bathroom pic later in the day.
Bryan Simmons
2021-10-11 19:56:37 UTC
https://i.postimg.cc/tgcspPdN/Red-Door-outside-1.jpg
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
I love that antique storm door! That's a beautiful door surround as
well. I'd post a picture of my leaded glass next to my front door if I
were feeling less lazy.
If one were to replace that with a modern storm door, it would be very
costly to make something custom fit that spot -- I would not recommend.
Yep, and that;s why I just got out and painted it with Red Rustoleum Enamel!
And I had the surround glass work done by Cosby Art Glass in Webster Groves, MO! :-)
Spending more money when you don't have a job.

Remember back in April you posted: "I have a DAMNED secure JOB!"????
You didn't and you don't.

Remember back in February you posted: "BUT now I have a FT nursing job
and I get paid in two days! :-)"????
Turned out it wasn't full time.

Remember back in January you posted: "I AM a DumbFuck!"????
That time you were correct.

Remember back in May of 2020 you posted: "I LIKE being poor!"????
Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
2021-10-12 01:17:05 UTC
https://i.postimg.cc/tgcspPdN/Red-Door-outside-1.jpg
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
I love that antique storm door! That's a beautiful door surround as
well. I'd post a picture of my leaded glass next to my front door if I
were feeling less lazy.
If one were to replace that with a modern storm door, it would be very
costly to make something custom fit that spot -- I would not recommend.
Yep, and that;s why I just got out and painted it with Red Rustoleum Enamel!
And I had the surround glass work done by Cosby Art Glass in Webster Groves, MO! :-)
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
You should take a photo from a little distance to show how the door pops
in the entire setting. A bright door can look sharp.
Sheldon Martin
2021-10-12 12:45:12 UTC
Post by Ed Pawlowski
https://i.postimg.cc/tgcspPdN/Red-Door-outside-1.jpg
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
I love that antique storm door! That's a beautiful door surround as
well. I'd post a picture of my leaded glass next to my front door if I
were feeling less lazy.
If one were to replace that with a modern storm door, it would be very
costly to make something custom fit that spot -- I would not recommend.
We recently had two aluminum storm doors installed by the carpenter we
use, in no time he filled in the misfiting framing with nice oak
lumber and charged nothing more for that, now it's up to us to stain
or paint, it'll most likely be white paint to match the white doors.
It took him under an hour to install both doors including making the
oak trim. His trailer contains a complete wood working shop. He
charged $80, a bargain... especially since he picked up the doors from
Lowes.
Sqwertz
2021-10-11 16:48:22 UTC
https://i.postimg.cc/tgcspPdN/Red-Door-outside-1.jpg
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
I love that antique storm door! '
You want it? I can get it for you. $two-fitty! As is, F.O.B St
Louis.

I also have some copper downspouts and gutters available, too.
John Kuthe
2021-10-12 03:15:20 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
Post by John Kuthe
https://i.postimg.cc/tgcspPdN/Red-Door-outside-1.jpg
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
I love that antique storm door! '
You want it? I can get it for you. $two-fitty! As is, F.O.B St
Louis.
I also have some copper downspouts and gutters available, too.
BullSHIT! Just TRY getting them off my house!! ROFL!

Fucker!

2021-10-11 17:19:09 UTC
That's a heck of an entryway. Congrats.
GM
2021-10-11 17:26:28 UTC
https://i.postimg.cc/tgcspPdN/Red-Door-outside-1.jpg
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
That's a heck of an entryway. Congrats.
*Shameless* sucking - up...

"Encroyable...!!!" as they say in France...
I'm a sucker for custom doors. You're kind of a knucklehead. LOL!
GM
2021-10-11 17:42:14 UTC
https://i.postimg.cc/tgcspPdN/Red-Door-outside-1.jpg
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
That's a heck of an entryway. Congrats.
*Shameless* sucking - up...
"Encroyable...!!!" as they say in France...
I'm a sucker for custom doors. You're kind of a knucklehead. LOL!
Uh, what's "custom" about that particular door, Po' Boi... its not like Michelangelo "crafted" it or anything...

Better get yer peepers "adjusted", yer obviously " seeing things "...

😎
You descent into madness is progressing nicely. LOL!
Bruce 0.77 Beta
One word and he still gets it wrong.
dsi1
Some people should just stick with pretentious American words.
Bruce 0.77 Beta
Yes, that can be hard enough.
Michael Trew
2021-10-11 19:57:54 UTC
https://i.postimg.cc/tgcspPdN/Red-Door-outside-1.jpg
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
That's a heck of an entryway. Congrats.
*Shameless* sucking - up...
"Encroyable...!!!" as they say in France...
I'm a sucker for custom doors.
I'm the same. Look at that craftsmanship. No, it's not a mansion, but
they just don't build homes like that anymore. No one puts that level
of detail in... they are all made with pre-fab garbage now. Almost
everything post WW2 are cookie-cutter homes.
dsi1
I would love such a door but I'm not worthy.
Thomas
Paint on the door knob?
John Kuthe
2021-10-11 22:30:08 UTC
On Monday, October 11, 2021 at 5:26:24 PM UTC-5, Thomas wrote:
Post by Thomas
Paint on the door knob?
Yep, I'm a sloppy painter!

You should see the outside door floor! Looks like a crime scene! Except it's red enamel paint! ;-)

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
cshenk
2021-10-17 18:26:00 UTC
Post by Thomas
Paint on the door knob?
Yep, I'm a sloppy painter!
You should see the outside door floor! Looks like a crime scene!
Except it's red enamel paint! ;-)
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
It's ok John, nothing that can't be touched up.

Here's some tips that are not expensive and will work in reverse as you
cleanup/coverup the enamel.

For the frame, painters tape is a bit pricy but works well. Masking
tape works too! Cover the edge that you want to protect (red door in
this case) with masking tape, looks like just a few spots, then touch
up the frame. Peel off the masking tape. Done.

The floor in front I seem to recall is cement, painted grey? If not
faded and you have the rest of the can, just patch hit that spot. next
time, take some of those freebie flyer ads (you can pickup a few at the
grocery for free) and put that down. If you like, use some masking
tape to keep them in place as you move about refreshing door paint.
Peel up and toss when done.
John Kuthe
2021-10-19 01:37:17 UTC
On Sunday, October 17, 2021 at 12:26:09 PM UTC-6, cshenk wrote:
The floor in front I seem to recall is cement, painted grey? If not
faded and you have the rest of the can, just patch hit that spot. next
time, take some of those freebie flyer ads (you can pickup a few at the
grocery for free) and put that down. If you like, use some masking
tape to keep them in place as you move about refreshing door paint.
Peel up and toss when done.
I prefer to tape down plastic sheeting. Peel it up and toss when done! :-)

And I'm glad upi mlike my Red Door! :-)

2021-10-19 19:02:33 UTC
The floor in front I seem to recall is cement, painted grey? If not
faded and you have the rest of the can, just patch hit that spot. next
time, take some of those freebie flyer ads (you can pickup a few at the
grocery for free) and put that down. If you like, use some masking
tape to keep them in place as you move about refreshing door paint.
Peel up and toss when done.
I prefer to tape down plastic sheeting. Peel it up and toss when done! :-)
And I'm glad upi mlike my Red Door! :-)
Disposable plastic made from petroleum. Mother Gaia's ass is bleeding.
(Rectal Nurse, Butt Smashing Nurse)

--Bryan
Alex
I knew someone would catch that.  There is red plastic in the ocean now.
Bryan Simmons
2021-10-20 00:48:14 UTC
The floor in front I seem to recall is cement, painted grey? If not
faded and you have the rest of the can, just patch hit that spot. next
time, take some of those freebie flyer ads (you can pickup a few at the
grocery for free) and put that down. If you like, use some masking
tape to keep them in place as you move about refreshing door paint.
Peel up and toss when done.
I prefer to tape down plastic sheeting. Peel it up and toss when done! :-)
And I'm glad upi mlike my Red Door! :-)
Disposable plastic made from petroleum. Mother Gaia's ass is bleeding.
(Rectal Nurse, Butt Smashing Nurse)
--Bryan
I knew someone would catch that. There is red plastic in the ocean now.
As red as the Nile after Aaron struck the water with his staff. Whatever god
is in charge of Usenet has put foolishness into the brain of Kuthe, just as the
god of the Israelites hardened the heart of pharaoh, making Kuthe incapable
of SHUTTING THE FUCK UP.

I hope that everyone here recognizes that all this crazy shit I post is not only
to humiliate Kuthe, but is also a literary exercise. Tying disparate pieces of
his crazy posts into crafted vignettes has kept me sharp as a writer. In that
sense, Kuthe has paid me back for introducing him to dairy butter.

2021-10-20 01:22:03 UTC
[...]
Glad I was able to help you, Bryan. Exactly HOW MANY BOOKS have you sold?

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
Bruce 0.77 Beta
2021-10-20 04:15:42 UTC
I hope that everyone here recognizes that all this crazy shit I post is not only
to humiliate Kuthe, but is also a literary exercise. Tying disparate pieces of
his crazy posts into crafted vignettes has kept me sharp as a writer. In that
sense, Kuthe has paid me back for introducing him to dairy butter.
--Bryan
Glad I was able to help you, Bryan. Exactly HOW MANY BOOKS have you sold?
If the narcissist is lucky, he'll develop multiple personality
disorder. That way, he'll be able to sell a few books. To himself.
Gary
2021-10-20 11:23:50 UTC
"has kept me sharp as a writer." heh heh
Mike Duffy
2021-10-20 13:04:40 UTC
I hope that everyone here recognizes that all this crazy shit I post is
not only to humiliate Kuthe, but is also a literary exercise. Tying
disparate pieces of his crazy posts into crafted vignettes has kept me
sharp as a writer.
"has kept me sharp as a writer." heh heh
He said 'writer', not professional author. (Us failed wordsmiths got to
stick together.)
Bruce 0.77 Beta
2021-10-20 18:14:28 UTC
I hope that everyone here recognizes that all this crazy shit I post is not only
to humiliate Kuthe, but is also a literary exercise. Tying disparate pieces of
his crazy posts into crafted vignettes has kept me sharp as a writer.
"has kept me sharp as a writer." heh heh
It sounds so pompous. The childish filth Bryan posts is a literary
exercise. Maybe in the nuthouse. Hilarious :)
John Kuthe
2021-10-20 18:46:05 UTC
Post by Bruce 0.77 Beta
"has kept me sharp as a writer." heh heh
It sounds so pompous. The childish filth Bryan posts is a literary
exercise. Maybe in the nuthouse. Hilarious :)
"Childish Filth"! A Bruce quote! :-)

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
Mike Duffy
2021-10-20 22:27:11 UTC
Post by Bruce 0.77 Beta
"has kept me sharp as a writer." heh heh
It sounds so pompous. The childish filth Bryan posts is a literary
exercise. Maybe in the nuthouse. Hilarious :)
"Childish Filth"! A Bruce quote! :-)
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
Right on, John! (Us lettered college grads need to stick together.)

Mike Duffy, B.Sc
i***@webtv.net
2021-10-20 22:43:33 UTC
Passing a College or University class is a big deal! Put enough of 'em together and you can get multiple degrees! Like I got from WashU! CS (Computer Science) and EE (Electrical Engineer)!
Or CS/EE!
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
And unemployable in all three.
Bruce 0.77 Beta
Hey MORON, you got your clothes on BACKWARDS!
Bryan Simmons
2021-10-20 23:24:44 UTC
Post by Mike Duffy
Post by Bruce 0.77 Beta
"has kept me sharp as a writer." heh heh
It sounds so pompous. The childish filth Bryan posts is a literary
exercise. Maybe in the nuthouse. Hilarious :)
"Childish Filth"! A Bruce quote! :-)
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
Right on, John! (Us lettered college grads need to stick together.)
And Mike, we non pecuniarily compensated wordsmiths can have a bit
of fun playing with words. The English language is replete with
opportunities, and few persons have set themselves up as foils to the
extent of our own John Kuthe. Like a hapless high school substitute
teacher, brought in because of a teacher shortage, he's fodder for the
cruelties--in his case, deserved--that we might visit upon him after
learning of his interest in extreme anal pornography.
Post by Mike Duffy
Mike Duffy, B.Sc
--Bryan
cshenk
I try to keep my plastic use down, so newspapers work fine for this one.
Bruce 0.77 Beta
2021-10-11 18:16:30 UTC
On Mon, 11 Oct 2021 10:19:09 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
https://i.postimg.cc/tgcspPdN/Red-Door-outside-1.jpg
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
That's a heck of an entryway. Congrats.
Yes, wonderful. It won't go down well with the conservative biddies of
RFC, though.
cshenk
Smile, guess I'm not conservative! I like it!
Bruce 0.77 Beta
I like it too. Nothing wrong with a bit of colour.
Sqwertz
2021-10-11 20:56:29 UTC
https://i.postimg.cc/tgcspPdN/Red-Door-outside-1.jpg
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
That's a heck of an entryway. Congrats.
LOL!

2021-10-11 17:29:38 UTC
https://i.postimg.cc/tgcspPdN/Red-Door-outside-1.jpg
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
I love the color, but it doesn't really go with the red brick of your house.
But why were you so messy with the job???? Paint everywhere that will
be a mess and a pain to clean up. Didn't you at least have some newspaper
to put on the porch under the door to catch drips and splatters???
GM
2021-10-11 17:34:18 UTC
https://i.postimg.cc/tgcspPdN/Red-Door-outside-1.jpg
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
I love the color, but it doesn't really go with the red brick of your house.
But why were you so messy with the job???? Paint everywhere that will
be a mess and a pain to clean up. Didn't you at least have some newspaper
to put on the porch under the door to catch drips and splatters???
He was still high on that prostaglandin junk when he painted that... his erect weenie would have gotten in the way of any newspaper...
Bruce 0.77 Beta
2021-10-11 19:19:14 UTC
https://i.postimg.cc/tgcspPdN/Red-Door-outside-1.jpg
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
Today is World Mental Health Day.

If we work towards a future where human rights are respected and discrimination
and inequality are eliminated, respect for mental health and access to psychosocial
services must be part of the equation.