Walmart Receipt 10/7/21
2021-10-07 16:05:15 UTC
Here's what I bought after my eye exam at the Walmart Vision Center:

The clerk had no idea what an acorn squash is. She consulted a
multi-fold chart, said the only squash I see here is Buttercup. I said
heck, they taste practically the same and she said OK and rang it up as
Buttercup.

Jill
Judith Latham
2021-10-07 20:02:16 UTC
https://i.postimg.cc/FFw9f6vk/walmart-recpt.jpg
The clerk had no idea what an acorn squash is.  She consulted a
multi-fold chart, said the only squash I see here is Buttercup.  I said
heck, they taste practically the same and she said OK and rang it up as
Buttercup.
Jill
Jill, you really do need to get a life. Do you really think anybody
cares about your squash purchase, except maybe others who also need to
get a life?
i***@webtv.net
2021-10-08 18:30:54 UTC
On Friday, October 8, 2021 at 8:46:46 AM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
I've already thrown my receipt away and I'm not digging it out of the
recycle bin only for you to gripe that I did not post mine.
Here's another one of mine from yesterday. Not the REAL American
cheese, not those damned Kraft Singles that Joann buys. And no,
they do NOT taste the same and YES, people CAN tell the difference.
Oh well, I like Kraft Singles; nobody is holding a gun to your head forcing
you to eat this cheese.
Leonard Blaisdell
2021-10-11 07:19:45 UTC
Oh well, I like Kraft Singles; nobody is holding a gun to your head forcing
you to eat this cheese.
I always have Kraft Singles. I use them for grilled cheese sandwiches
and as the cheese on a cheeseburger. They're convenient. I don't have to
drag out the wire cheese slicer.
Michael Trew
2021-10-11 14:58:41 UTC
Post by Leonard Blaisdell
Post by i***@webtv.net
Oh well, I like Kraft Singles; nobody is holding a gun to your head forcing
you to eat this cheese.
I always have Kraft Singles. I use them for grilled cheese sandwiches
and as the cheese on a cheeseburger. They're convenient. I don't have to
drag out the wire cheese slicer.
When I rarely buy American cheese, I pick it up from the deli at the
grocery store, and they slice it to desired thickness.
i***@webtv.net
Same here. I buy "mystery meat" for the same reason. It's convenient.
Geoff Rove
2021-10-08 19:31:11 UTC
https://i.postimg.cc/FFw9f6vk/walmart-recpt.jpg
The clerk had no idea what an acorn squash is. She consulted a
multi-fold chart, said the only squash I see here is Buttercup. I said
heck, they taste practically the same and she said OK and rang it up as
Buttercup.
Jill
Wal carries smaller size containers of shoe paste than I expected. Found an employee in auto section to show me where the di electric lube spray is. Also parked far across the street in another mall lot for easy right turn exit.
Got hopefully new USA crop washington apples from Whole paycheck and checked tire pressure at the only
Shell station with free air .

Staff at shell are Koran readers so hopefully my Army surplus tan cargo shorts didn't stir bad memories.
jmcquown
2021-10-08 20:26:43 UTC
https://i.postimg.cc/FFw9f6vk/walmart-recpt.jpg
The clerk had no idea what an acorn squash is. She consulted a
multi-fold chart, said the only squash I see here is Buttercup. I said
heck, they taste practically the same and she said OK and rang it up as
Buttercup.
Jill
My Walmart doesn't have anything near as fancy as Feta cheese. And
I hope that aren't Mary B's frozen raw biscuits. They were nasty
when I tried them - all sandy and dry. Even Pillsbury is so much
better.
That isn't Feta cheese. It's a box of Mrs. T's spinach & feta filled
frozen pierogies. I mentioned them in an entirely different thread. I
was not impressed and won't be buying them again.

Those *are* Mary B's braw frozen biscuits. IIRC you liked them when you
first tried them but then you later mentioned buying the Mary B's "thin"
biscuits. Who on earth would want thin biscuits as opposed to thick
fluffy biscuits? I stand by my claim; baked in a round cake pan with
sides touching they rise very nicely and taste very good.
Here's another one of mine from yesterday. Not the REAL American
cheese, not those damned Kraft Singles that Joann buys.
It's Joan, not Joann LOL I'm sure you meant to write "Note" rather than
"Not the REAL American cheese" ;)
And no,
they do NOT taste the same and YES, people CAN tell the difference.
That's 20lbs of chicken leg quarters in the last week. Sosueme.
-sw
Yeah, I gather you buy a lot of chicken leg quarters. I don't eat a lot
of chicken but when I buy chicken for chicken stew/chicken & dumplings I
prefer the leg quarters.

Jill
Bruce 0.76 Beta
2021-10-08 21:31:34 UTC
https://i.postimg.cc/FFw9f6vk/walmart-recpt.jpg
The clerk had no idea what an acorn squash is. She consulted a
multi-fold chart, said the only squash I see here is Buttercup. I said
heck, they taste practically the same and she said OK and rang it up as
Buttercup.
Jill
My Walmart doesn't have anything near as fancy as Feta cheese. And
I hope that aren't Mary B's frozen raw biscuits. They were nasty
when I tried them - all sandy and dry. Even Pillsbury is so much
better.
"Mary B's Toaster Biscuits
biscuit base (enriched wheat flour bleached [wheat flour, niacin,
iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid], cultured nonfat
dry milk, leavening [baking soda, sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium
aluminum phosphate], soybean oil, palm oil, salt, sugar, wheat starch,
dry buttermilk, sodium caseinate, dry whey, datem, mono &
diglycerides, calcium sulfate, locust bean gum, guar gum, sodium
citrate, carrageenan, dextrose, water, enzymes, dextrin), water, palm
oil with soy lecithin, wheat flour."

Just wonderful! All y'all have such impeccable taste!
dsi1
2021-10-09 03:36:40 UTC
Post by Bruce 0.76 Beta
"Mary B's Toaster Biscuits
biscuit base (enriched wheat flour bleached [wheat flour, niacin,
iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid], cultured nonfat
dry milk, leavening [baking soda, sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium
aluminum phosphate], soybean oil, palm oil, salt, sugar, wheat starch,
dry buttermilk, sodium caseinate, dry whey, datem, mono &
diglycerides, calcium sulfate, locust bean gum, guar gum, sodium
citrate, carrageenan, dextrose, water, enzymes, dextrin), water, palm
oil with soy lecithin, wheat flour."
Just wonderful! All y'all have such impeccable taste!
That's why I never read the ingredients on packages - it's just too confusing. OTOH, the Koreans will proudly proclaim that their noodles are 100% artificial spicy chicken. That's going to mess up my not knowing what's in the foods I eat.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qrG7gpeqWD8tRbZm9
Bruce 0.76 Beta
2021-10-09 03:54:07 UTC
Post by Bruce 0.76 Beta
"Mary B's Toaster Biscuits
biscuit base (enriched wheat flour bleached [wheat flour, niacin,
iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid], cultured nonfat
dry milk, leavening [baking soda, sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium
aluminum phosphate], soybean oil, palm oil, salt, sugar, wheat starch,
dry buttermilk, sodium caseinate, dry whey, datem, mono &
diglycerides, calcium sulfate, locust bean gum, guar gum, sodium
citrate, carrageenan, dextrose, water, enzymes, dextrin), water, palm
oil with soy lecithin, wheat flour."
Just wonderful! All y'all have such impeccable taste!
That's why I never read the ingredients on packages - it's just too confusing. OTOH, the Koreans will proudly proclaim that their noodles are 100% artificial spicy chicken. That's going to mess up my not knowing what's in the foods I eat.
I have to wonder if there's a link between feeding your people these
kinds of ingredients for decades and the election of Donald Trump as
president.
Post by dsi1
https://photos.app.goo.gl/qrG7gpeqWD8tRbZm9
Yes, they seem proud of their artificial spicy chicken flavor. Of
course, I don't know who their president is.
dsi1
2021-10-09 07:58:28 UTC
Post by Bruce 0.76 Beta
Post by dsi1
https://photos.app.goo.gl/qrG7gpeqWD8tRbZm9
Yes, they seem proud of their artificial spicy chicken flavor. Of
course, I don't know who their president is.
Beats me who the president of S. Korea is. I think he might be this guy.