19 cabinet handles removed for cleaning
Add Reply
Geoff Rove
2021-11-02 22:52:45 UTC
And 5 drawer handles. Soaked for 1 hour in green cleaning solution. I still need to wipe the wood doors. Wet fingers and cooking fumes do accumulate.
Jeßus
2021-11-02 22:54:27 UTC
Don't forget to polish the door hinges.
Bruce 0.77 Beta
2021-11-03 05:02:58 UTC
On Tue, 2 Nov 2021 15:52:45 -0700 (PDT), Geoff Rove
And 5 drawer handles. Soaked for 1 hour in green cleaning solution. I still need to wipe the wood doors. Wet fingers and cooking fumes do accumulate.
Don't forget to polish the door hinges.
NY TIMES:

Republican scores an upset in a district attorney race on Long Island.

A Republican won a highly competitive district attorney race on Long Island that was seen as a key test of
Democratic strength in the suburbs and support for left-leaning criminal justice measures.

Timothy Sini, the Democratic incumbent in Suffolk County, conceded to Raymond Tierney, the Republican challenger,
late Tuesday night.

Just west in Nassau County — in another district attorney race seen as a similar test for Democrats — Anne Donnelly, a
first-time Republican candidate, declared victory. However, The Associated Press has not called the race for her, and
the Democratic candidate, State Senator Todd Kaminsky, has not conceded.

Both races, outside New York City, were seen as bellwethers of the Democratic Party’s standing in the suburbs, and
they may have national resonance for Republicans as they seek to regain control of Congress in next year’s midterm elections.

In Nassau, Democrats entered the race with high hopes of keeping the seat blue — it has been held by a Democrat
since 2006 — but party insiders grew increasingly nervous as Election Day approached and Republicans waged what
appeared to be an effective campaign attacking Mr. Kaminsky for supporting the state’s contentious bail law in 2019.

There are more registered Democrats than Republicans in Nassau County, though more Republicans tend to vote in
off-year elections, a trend that was apparently amplified on Tuesday.

Mr. Kaminsky, a former federal prosecutor and third-term state senator from Long Beach, was widely seen as the
favorite at the outset of the race. A legislator since 2015, he had wider name recognition than Ms. Donnelly and a
deep well of financial support.

But Ms. Donnelly, a first-time candidate who was virtually unknown to voters, spent aggressively on mailers and digital
ads that attacked Mr. Kaminsky for supporting the bail law, which stopped criminal courts from setting cash bail on
most misdemeanors and nonviolent felonies. She was also endorsed by a coalition of law enforcement unions and by
the editorial board of Newsday, the largest daily newspaper on Long Island.

The race quickly turned into one of the most competitive in a state where Democrats were expected to win most of the
top offices on Tuesday, with each camp spending millions of dollars and accusing the other of lying.
Geoff Rove
2021-11-03 23:27:16 UTC
I'm weary of any metal polish chemicals and hinges are inside the cabinets.
Geoff Rove
Half of the handles are on. Taking extra time to clean the cabinet surfaces. One door is not plumb and swings open randomly. I'll just lock it with a plastic straw over the handles or try to correct it.
Ed Pawlowski
2021-11-21 17:50:14 UTC
Post by Geoff Rove
Post by Geoff Rove
Post by Jeßus
On Tue, 2 Nov 2021 15:52:45 -0700 (PDT), Geoff Rove
And 5 drawer handles. Soaked for 1 hour in green cleaning solution. I still need to wipe the wood doors. Wet fingers and cooking fumes do accumulate.
Don't forget to polish the door hinges.
I'm weary of any metal polish chemicals and hinges are inside the cabinets.
Half of the handles are on. Taking extra time to clean the cabinet surfaces. One door is not plumb and swings open randomly. I'll just lock it with a plastic straw over the handles or try to correct it.
Why not a simple magnetic catch? They've been around for probably 100
years and never wear out.

If too expensive maybe you can ask for a discount
https://tinyurl.com/76952pus
Geoff Rove
2021-11-23 01:07:36 UTC
Post by Geoff Rove
Post by Geoff Rove
Post by Jeßus
On Tue, 2 Nov 2021 15:52:45 -0700 (PDT), Geoff Rove
And 5 drawer handles. Soaked for 1 hour in green cleaning solution. I still need to wipe the wood doors. Wet fingers and cooking fumes do accumulate.
Don't forget to polish the door hinges.
I'm weary of any metal polish chemicals and hinges are inside the cabinets.
Half of the handles are on. Taking extra time to clean the cabinet surfaces. One door is not plumb and swings open randomly. I'll just lock it with a plastic straw over the handles or try to correct it.
Why not a simple magnetic catch? They've been around for probably 100
years and never wear out.
If too expensive maybe you can ask for a discount
https://tinyurl.com/76952pus
A red plastic drinking straw fits fine over the adjoining handles and Portillo's gives complementary replacements. For kicks I'll get out the plumb level and see if some hinge adjustment fixes it.