Ribeye, Oysters, and Baked Potato
2021-11-24 00:51:48 UTC
A little 3.3lbs Choice Ribeye (9.99/lb @ Randall's) with a few
oysters and a baked potato.

Ribeye cooked 3.5 hours @ 131.5F and seared in butter in stainless
steel pan.

-sw
Alex
2021-11-24 01:06:17 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
oysters and a baked potato.
https://i.postimg.cc/sXsGfpZt/Pre-Thnaksgiving-Ribeye-Steak-and-Oysters.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/C17BRzGd/Pre-Thnaksgiving-Ribeye-Steak-and-Oysters-Uncut.jpg
steel pan.
-sw
Nice!
Bryan Simmons
2021-11-24 01:11:45 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
oysters and a baked potato.
https://i.postimg.cc/sXsGfpZt/Pre-Thnaksgiving-Ribeye-Steak-and-Oysters.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/C17BRzGd/Pre-Thnaksgiving-Ribeye-Steak-and-Oysters-Uncut.jpg
steel pan.
That steak looks beautiful. To what extent did you allow it to cool
before pan searing it?
2021-11-24 05:38:37 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
oysters and a baked potato.
https://i.postimg.cc/sXsGfpZt/Pre-Thnaksgiving-Ribeye-Steak-and-Oysters.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/C17BRzGd/Pre-Thnaksgiving-Ribeye-Steak-and-Oysters-Uncut.jpg
steel pan.
That steak looks beautiful. To what extent did you allow it to cool
before pan searing it?
Dried it off and 10 minutes. For some reason it didn't sear as hot
and fast as a steak.

2021-11-24 01:59:16 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
oysters and a baked potato.
https://i.postimg.cc/sXsGfpZt/Pre-Thnaksgiving-Ribeye-Steak-and-Oysters.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/C17BRzGd/Pre-Thnaksgiving-Ribeye-Steak-and-Oysters-Uncut.jpg
steel pan.
Never tried oysters and steak together, no reason not to, of course.
You could argue it qualifies as 'surf and turf'.

That ribeye is too thick for me. No more than an inch thick, IMO.

Here in Australia I often see ridiculously thick cuts of steak in
'gourmet' butchers, I have no idea what the appeal is. I think I feel
this way for the same basic reason I don't like meatloaf... the ratio
of browned meat to unbrowned is too low (Maillard reaction). But I
enjoy few things more than a really good, quality beef steak.

Anyway, looks good. I'd certainly eat it regardless.
Ed Pawlowski
2021-11-24 02:10:11 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
oysters and a baked potato.
https://i.postimg.cc/sXsGfpZt/Pre-Thnaksgiving-Ribeye-Steak-and-Oysters.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/C17BRzGd/Pre-Thnaksgiving-Ribeye-Steak-and-Oysters-Uncut.jpg
steel pan.
Never tried oysters and steak together, no reason not to, of course.
You could argue it qualifies as 'surf and turf'.
That ribeye is too thick for me. No more than an inch thick, IMO.
Here in Australia I often see ridiculously thick cuts of steak in
'gourmet' butchers, I have no idea what the appeal is. I think I feel
this way for the same basic reason I don't like meatloaf... the ratio
of browned meat to unbrowned is too low (Maillard reaction). But I
enjoy few things more than a really good, quality beef steak.
Anyway, looks good. I'd certainly eat it regardless.
At 3.3 lb it is more like a small roast than a steak. Looks good
though, just done to the right temperature.
Bruce
Y'all are a bunch of Flintstones.
bruce bowser
En niet puin? Niet Rubbles? Zoals Barney Rubble, hun buurman?
Bruce
Barney eats like a Flintstone too.
Jeßus
2021-11-24 19:58:02 UTC
Post by Ed Pawlowski
Post by Jeßus
Post by Sqwertz
[...]
Yes. This is just another example of differences between countries,
ribeye in Aus generally means a steak
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rib_eye_steak
Sqwertz
2021-11-24 05:42:26 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
oysters and a baked potato.
https://i.postimg.cc/sXsGfpZt/Pre-Thnaksgiving-Ribeye-Steak-and-Oysters.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/C17BRzGd/Pre-Thnaksgiving-Ribeye-Steak-and-Oysters-Uncut.jpg
steel pan.
Never tried oysters and steak together, no reason not to, of course.
You could argue it qualifies as 'surf and turf'.
That ribeye is too thick for me. No more than an inch thick, IMO.
Here in Australia I often see ridiculously thick cuts of steak in
'gourmet' butchers, I have no idea what the appeal is. I think I feel
this way for the same basic reason I don't like meatloaf... the ratio
of browned meat to unbrowned is too low (Maillard reaction). But I
enjoy few things more than a really good, quality beef steak.
Anyway, looks good. I'd certainly eat it regardless.
Any less thick a "steak" and the price was $19.99/lb. This was the
smallest "roast" (that was on sale) I could find.

2021-11-24 19:57:05 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
Post by Jeßus
Post by Sqwertz
[...]
Looks good for a roast. I mistakenly assumed it was an actual steak.
In Australia a 'ribeye' AKA Scotch fillet is a steak... my favourite
cut of steak, in fact.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rib_eye_steak
US Janet
2021-11-24 03:17:13 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
oysters and a baked potato.
https://i.postimg.cc/sXsGfpZt/Pre-Thnaksgiving-Ribeye-Steak-and-Oysters.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/C17BRzGd/Pre-Thnaksgiving-Ribeye-Steak-and-Oysters-Uncut.jpg
steel pan.
-sw
Excellent! My mouth is watering :)
Janet US
Thomas
2021-11-24 09:05:18 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
oysters and a baked potato.
https://i.postimg.cc/sXsGfpZt/Pre-Thnaksgiving-Ribeye-Steak-and-Oysters.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/C17BRzGd/Pre-Thnaksgiving-Ribeye-Steak-and-Oysters-Uncut.jpg
steel pan.
-sw
Talk a bit about that 131.5 please. A little veeed I assume?
Looks really nice.
Cindy Hamilton
2021-11-24 10:06:54 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
oysters and a baked potato.
https://i.postimg.cc/sXsGfpZt/Pre-Thnaksgiving-Ribeye-Steak-and-Oysters.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/C17BRzGd/Pre-Thnaksgiving-Ribeye-Steak-and-Oysters-Uncut.jpg
steel pan.
-sw
Luscious presentation.

2021-11-24 10:28:21 UTC
Lol, it looks horrible.
dsi1
2021-11-24 11:08:45 UTC
Post by Cindy Hamilton
Post by Sqwertz
oysters and a baked potato.
https://i.postimg.cc/sXsGfpZt/Pre-Thnaksgiving-Ribeye-Steak-and-Oysters.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/C17BRzGd/Pre-Thnaksgiving-Ribeye-Steak-and-Oysters-Uncut.jpg
steel pan.
-sw
Luscious presentation.
Lol, it looks horrible.
You'd probably think this looks horrible. It's a 36 lb turkey that my sister-in-law is going to cook up. I told my wife that I've never heard of a 36 lb turkey. She said it used to be a pet turkey named Chris P. That's so cute. My niece set him up to be the guest of honor for Thanksgiving dinner. That's so sweet.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hxgDBKecXFwbbiNR7
https://photos.app.goo.gl/F4y6gqTSavjRxVxQ6
Leonard Blaisdell
2021-11-25 04:51:12 UTC
You'd probably think this looks horrible. It's a 36 lb turkey that my sister-in-law is going to cook up. I told my wife that I've never heard of a 36 lb turkey. She said it used to be a pet turkey named Chris P. That's so cute. My niece set him up to be the guest of honor for Thanksgiving dinner. That's so sweet.
When his/her feet dry out, they'll make excellent back-scratchers. Waste
not, want not. You may have to make a fixture, so they dry in the proper
position.
Gary
2021-11-24 14:40:33 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
oysters and a baked potato.
https://i.postimg.cc/sXsGfpZt/Pre-Thnaksgiving-Ribeye-Steak-and-Oysters.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/C17BRzGd/Pre-Thnaksgiving-Ribeye-Steak-and-Oysters-Uncut.jpg
steel pan.
-sw
Luscious presentation.
The addition of the 3 dry looking oysters on the half shell is odd and
out of place, imo. I would present a separate meal of oysters, salty
fries and coleslaw.

The giant 3.3 lb rib-eye is a bit much for one meal and just one potato.
That part needs a salad.

The food looks good but all for one meal wouldn't work for me.
Geoff Rove
2021-11-26 23:26:36 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
oysters and a baked potato.
https://i.postimg.cc/sXsGfpZt/Pre-Thnaksgiving-Ribeye-Steak-and-Oysters.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/C17BRzGd/Pre-Thnaksgiving-Ribeye-Steak-and-Oysters-Uncut.jpg
steel pan.
-sw
Also could have been sliced and steak grilled in 20 minutes in the broiler while the potatoes baked upstairs.
Just say no to grissly dry birds. The steak drippings work as stuffing gravy.