January 1
2022-01-01 09:23:10 UTC
Happy New Year everyone. Let's hope it's a good one.
GM
2022-01-01 09:39:07 UTC
Happy New Year everyone. Let's hope it's a good one.
HAY Gary...!!!
2022-01-01 09:45:57 UTC
Happy New Year everyone. Let's hope it's a good one.
As it goes, it's still 2021 on a rock in the middle of nowhere. That's the breaks.
It's already 2023 here.
Bruce
2022-01-01 09:56:56 UTC
Happy New Year everyone. Let's hope it's a good one.
As it goes, it's still 2021 on a rock in the middle of nowhere. That's the breaks.
As William F. Buckley once put it: “I will not willingly cede more power to anyone, not to the state, not to
General Motors, not to the CIO. I will hoard my power like a miser, resisting every effort to drain it away
from me. I will then use my power, as I see fit. I mean to live my life an obedient man, but obedient to
God, subservient to the wisdom of my ancestors; never to the authority of political truths arrived at yesterday
at the voting booth.”
Bruce
2022-01-01 10:02:28 UTC
Happy New Year everyone. Let's hope it's a good one.
As it goes, it's still 2021 on a rock in the middle of nowhere. That's the breaks.
In a job interview near the end of college at age 22, an interviewer asked me if I had any regrets.

I said something stupid to the effect that I had no regrets about anything big in my life to that point. I was
too immature to give the question much thought, which was probably what the interviewer wanted to find
out. Didn’t get that job (which was just as well).

I regret how immature I was at that point in my life and have been at every point since.
Michael Trew
2022-01-01 20:11:11 UTC
I'll trade you!
Michael Trew
2022-01-03 00:22:46 UTC
Happy New Year everyone. Let's hope it's a good one.
As it goes, it's still 2021 on a rock in the middle of nowhere. That's the breaks.
I'll trade you!
I don't think you'll find any free houses in Hawaii.
Not likely, but I've heard that many locals live in poor shacks out of
the tourist areas. These are likely that same people who would not take
kindly to strangers. Perhaps David can elaborate?
Bruce
Uhm, Ghe Ghe Ghe. This is my frogger. Yes. Ghe Ghe Ghe :)))))))))))
Cindy Hamilton
2022-01-04 19:06:09 UTC
That being said, I'd rather live on the crappy side of "paradise" then
to look out of my window and see snow anywhere else.
Tastes vary. I twice passed up opportunities to go to Hawaii in the
winter (with free lodging). I could easily have afforded the airfare
but I just didn't care to go to Hawaii.

I was a little disgruntled that one of those winters was a record
snow year, so I spent a awful lot of time pushing the snowblower.
Still, I would have come home to a giant pile of snow in the driveway,
so it probably worked out for the best that I was home to keep on top
of things.

2022-01-08 23:07:07 UTC
On Tue, 04 Jan 2022 15:25:24 -0500, Michael Trew
Post by Cindy Hamilton
That being said, I'd rather live on the crappy side of "paradise" then
to look out of my window and see snow anywhere else.
Tastes vary. I twice passed up opportunities to go to Hawaii in the
winter (with free lodging). I could easily have afforded the airfare
but I just didn't care to go to Hawaii.
I was a little disgruntled that one of those winters was a record
snow year, so I spent a awful lot of time pushing the snowblower.
Still, I would have come home to a giant pile of snow in the driveway,
so it probably worked out for the best that I was home to keep on top
of things.
Cindy Hamilton
Even though my house is self-supporting (central gas heat, etc. -- aside
from my cat), I don't think I'd feel comfortable being away from home
for more than a week.
I'd love to see Hawaii, but I've heard that much of Hawaii is very
commercialized now, and that is not my cup of tea. Perhaps David can
offer more insight here.
Bruce 9
2022-01-05 19:31:38 UTC
On Tue, 04 Jan 2022 13:57:42 -0500, Michael Trew
Happy New Year everyone. Let's hope it's a good one.
As it goes, it's still 2021 on a rock in the middle of nowhere.
That's the breaks.
I'll trade you!
I don't think you'll find any free houses in Hawaii.
Not likely, but I've heard that many locals live in poor shacks out of
the tourist areas. These are likely that same people who would not take
kindly to strangers. Perhaps David can elaborate?
You don't want to find yourself in the poor part of the island. My guess it's pretty much the same wherever you might roam. I went to Costco the other day. I take a shortcut through an awful street. On the CD player, I had Los Lobos doing a cover of War's "The World is a Ghetto." Oh man, I felt I was in a movie, that was totally awesome!

Being mixed up in the wrong neighborhood as a foreigner is always bad.
Bruce
2022-01-01 21:18:36 UTC
Happy New Year everyone. Let's hope it's a good one.
HPY. It's either going to be a lot better or a lot worse.
Signed: Jebus, fortune teller
Hank Rogers
2022-01-02 00:43:06 UTC
Sniffed and seal affixed by the true master.
Bruce
2022-01-02 01:34:44 UTC
Happy New Year everyone. Let's hope it's a good one.
HPY. It's either going to be a lot better or a lot worse.
Signed: Jebus, fortune teller
Sniffed and seal affixed by the true master.
Dit is mijn kikker. Ghe Ghe Ghe.