COLD in Da Lou! 6F and COLD! :-)
2022-01-07 13:35:44 UTC
Nothing like living in a Brick House with ALL ELECTRIC, and NO GAS! :-)

2022-01-07 14:17:50 UTC
Nothing like living in a Brick House with ALL ELECTRIC, and NO GAS! :-)
Electricity generated by burning coal. One person living in a house
large enough for a family of eight. Your carbon footprint is huge.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momo_the_Monster
2022-01-07 15:04:34 UTC
Nothing like living in a Brick House with ALL ELECTRIC, and NO GAS! :-)
Electricity generated by burning coal. One person living in a house
large enough for a family of eight. Your carbon footprint is huge.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momo_the_Monster
But electricity can be generated many ways! Fossil Fuels only ONE! Fossils!

Like YOU are Bryan! A Pervy Old Fossil! :-(

2022-01-07 16:54:06 UTC
Nothing like living in a Brick House with ALL ELECTRIC, and NO GAS! :-)
Electricity generated by burning coal. One person living in a house
large enough for a family of eight. Your carbon footprint is huge.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momo_the_Monster
But electricity can be generated many ways! Fossil Fuels only ONE! Fossils!
Right now, the electricity to heat your big house is coming
mostly from coal. You are a climate villain because you are
a fool.
Post by John Kuthe
Like YOU are Bryan! A Pervy Old Fossil! :-(
I'm not the one slipping into insolvency because he's holding
out for a play nursie with kiddies job. There is no such job for
you.

Fifty-six ten thousandths homo
Hey, John Kuthe
Carbon footprint big as Momo
Hey, John Kuthe
2022-01-07 19:06:21 UTC
On Fri, 7 Jan 2022 08:54:06 -0800 (PST), Bryan Simmons
Post by John Kuthe
Like YOU are Bryan! A Pervy Old Fossil! :-(
I'm not the one slipping into insolvency because he's holding
out for a play nursie with kiddies job. There is no such job for
you.
Fifty-six ten thousandths homo
Hey, John Kuthe
Carbon footprint big as Momo
Hey, John Kuthe
Uhm, Ghe Ghe Ghe. This is my frogger. Yes. Ghe Ghe Ghe :)))))))))))
2022-01-07 18:03:00 UTC
Nothing like living in a Brick House with ALL ELECTRIC, and NO GAS! :-)
Electricity generated by burning coal. One person living in a house
large enough for a family of eight. Your carbon footprint is huge.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momo_the_Monster
--Bryan
But electricity can be generated many ways! Fossil Fuels only ONE! Fossils!
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
Stop crowing about electricity. Have you bothered to check to see where
the majority of your electricity comes from?

I live in an all electric house. It's really nothing to yell about.

2022-01-07 19:05:55 UTC
Nothing like living in a Brick House with ALL ELECTRIC, and NO GAS! :-)
Electricity generated by burning coal. One person living in a house
large enough for a family of eight. Your carbon footprint is huge.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momo_the_Monster
--Bryan
But electricity can be generated many ways! Fossil Fuels only ONE! Fossils!
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
Stop crowing about electricity. Have you bothered to check to see where
the majority of your electricity comes from?
I live in an all electric house. It's really nothing to yell about.
Jill
Uhm, Ghe Ghe Ghe. This is my frogger. Yes. Ghe Ghe Ghe :)))))))))))
2022-01-07 19:44:29 UTC
Nothing like living in a Brick House with ALL ELECTRIC, and NO GAS! :-)
Electricity generated by burning coal. One person living in a house
large enough for a family of eight. Your carbon footprint is huge.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momo_the_Monster
But electricity can be generated many ways! Fossil Fuels only ONE! Fossils!
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
But yours is not. Until you install solar panels shut up about your roach
motel.
jmcquown
2022-01-07 20:00:18 UTC
Nothing like living in a Brick House with ALL ELECTRIC, and NO GAS! :-)
Electricity generated by burning coal. One person living in a house
large enough for a family of eight. Your carbon footprint is huge.
But electricity can be generated many ways! Fossil Fuels only ONE! Fossils!
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
But yours is not. Until you install solar panels shut up about your roach
motel.
There is always the possibility of hydro-power from the river. Thing
is, he hasn't bothered to check his bill or to inquire where it comes
from. Chances are the majority of it is from coal. He just loves to
crow about electricity as if he's somehow superior.

2022-01-07 20:09:26 UTC
Nothing like living in a Brick House with ALL ELECTRIC, and NO GAS! :-)
Electricity generated by burning coal. One person living in a house
large enough for a family of eight. Your carbon footprint is huge.
But electricity can be generated many ways! Fossil Fuels only ONE! Fossils!
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
But yours is not. Until you install solar panels shut up about your roach
motel.
There is always the possibility of hydro-power from the river. Thing
is, he hasn't bothered to check his bill or to inquire where it comes
from. Chances are the majority of it is from coal. He just loves to
crow about electricity as if he's somehow superior.
He heats a house big enough for a large family. He couldn't sell it
for what he has put into it, but heating/cooling, paying the taxes, etc.
is digging him in deeper.

"In 2019, coal fueled 73% of Missouri's electricity net generation, and 8 of the 10
largest power plants in the state were coal-fired."
source-- https://www.eia.gov/state/analysis.php?sid=MO
2022-01-08 11:59:37 UTC
[...]
My electricity is from a nearby (60 miles) nuclear power plant.
Turn off the lights at night and all the appliance wires glow in the
dark. heh heh
Dave Smith
2022-01-08 22:09:56 UTC
[...]
I live 15 minutes from a nuclear plant. We moved here when I was in
middle school, because my step father is an engineer at said plant. I'm
not particularly happy about living that close to a nuclear plant, but
at least I don't live in hurricane alley, tornado valley, or earth
quake, CA.
Dave Smith
2022-01-08 23:03:09 UTC
[...]
You couldn't pay me enough to live in Ohio. It's no wonder my father,
his brother and his sister joined the military during WWII. It was
either that or get stuck working in the steel mill. None of them
returned to Ohio once they got out.
Alex
Says the old lady from Memphis...
Dave Smith
2022-01-09 04:02:16 UTC
Post by Alex
[...]
Uhm, Dit is mijn kikker. Ghe Ghe Ghe.
2022-01-09 14:06:22 UTC
Post by Alex
[...]
What's your point? Have you been to either place? Didn't think so.
Memphis (the city) has a population of over 650,000 and the towns in the
surrounding areas (I didn't live IN Memphis, I worked in Memphis) brings
it closer to 950,000.) The town my family left in Ohio has a population
of 3,000. Oh, and the steel mill shut down in the 1970's so, like
Michael, people who live there have to drive to places like Pittsburgh,
PA to find work.

2022-01-09 14:18:48 UTC
Post by Alex
[...]
I think the point is that there are places in Ohio that are more desirable
to live in than a town of 3000 with a shuttered steel mill.

2022-01-09 14:23:41 UTC
Post by Alex
[...]
Cindy Hamilton
Not really. Alex just wanted another chance to call me an old lady.

2022-01-09 23:24:11 UTC
Post by Alex
You couldn't pay me enough to live in Ohio.
Jill
Says the old lady from Memphis...
What's your point? Have you been to either place? Didn't think so.
Memphis (the city) has a population of over 650,000 and the towns in the
surrounding areas (I didn't live IN Memphis, I worked in Memphis) brings
it closer to 950,000.) The town my family left in Ohio has a population
of 3,000. Oh, and the steel mill shut down in the 1970's so, like
Michael, people who live there have to drive to places like Pittsburgh,
PA to find work.
I think the point is that there are places in Ohio that are more desirable
to live in than a town of 3000 with a shuttered steel mill.
Cindy Hamilton
Not really. Alex just wanted another chance to call me an old lady.
Jill
Hmm, I thought Alex's only shtick was to comment on John's posts. That
is a development. Either way, I wouldn't have seen him calling you an
old lady, had you not of quoted him.
Bryan Simmons
2022-01-09 15:21:02 UTC
Post by Alex
[...]
And Memphis is a pretty livable city. We visit there once every 2 or 3 years,
and have been all over town. I know where to get good Mexican food there.
If any of you visit there--and Joan, the Brooks Museum of Art is worth the 3
hour drive--there is a little Mexican grocery with a taqueria inside that is our
go to place for meals.
Emilio's Grocery, 2757 Getwell Rd, Memphis, TN 38118
It's funny, but our favorite restaurant in Eureka Springs is
https://ermilios.com/ (Italian)

I would otherwise like St. Louis, but it gets cold here, and the summers are
too hot.
2022-01-09 15:50:17 UTC
Post by Alex
[...]
Yes, there are many things to do there. The Brooks Museum of Art is
wonderful. The Pink Palace Museum is fun, too.
Post by Bryan Simmons
Emilio's Grocery, 2757 Getwell Rd, Memphis, TN 38118
Odd historical fact: Getwell Road used to be called Shotwell Road. It
was determined when they opened a hospital for wounded WWII veterans in
1942 it didn't sound quite right to have it situated on a road called
SHOT WELL.
Post by Bryan Simmons
It's funny, but our favorite restaurant in Eureka Springs is
https://ermilios.com/ (Italian)
I would otherwise like St. Louis, but it gets cold here, and the summers are
too hot.
--Bryan
It gets cold in the Memphis area, too. When it snows, the City and
County aren't really equipped to handle the roads. It also gets hot in
the summer. I had a sprinkler/mister setup on my fenced-in patio so
even when it was 90F it would cool things off when I sat outside reading.

2022-01-09 16:47:39 UTC
Post by Alex
[...]
Misting fans are great. It has to be very humid for them to not work, and
they cost very little to operate.
Leonard Blaisdell
2022-01-10 01:01:04 UTC
Odd historical fact: Getwell Road used to be called Shotwell Road. It
was determined when they opened a hospital for wounded WWII veterans in
1942 it didn't sound quite right to have it situated on a road called
SHOT WELL.
Odd historical fact: The "Nevada Mental Health Institute", a State
institution for the mentally incapable, used to be located on Coney
Island Drive. In the Seventies, they changed the name of the road to
Galletti Way. Same thing. It didn't sound quite right.

leo
Dave Smith
2022-01-10 01:17:38 UTC
Post by Leonard Blaisdell
Post by jmcquown
Odd historical fact: Getwell Road used to be called Shotwell Road. It
was determined when they opened a hospital for wounded WWII veterans in
1942 it didn't sound quite right to have it situated on a road called
SHOT WELL.
Odd historical fact: The "Nevada Mental Health Institute", a State
institution for the mentally incapable, used to be located on Coney
Island Drive. In the Seventies, they changed the name of the road to
Galletti Way. Same thing. It didn't sound quite right.
Historical fact... about a mile from my house is a road called Pancake
Lane. Years ago it was a lane that farmers used to drive their cows.
Cows, being cows, crapped along the way and left pancakes on the ground.
Leonard Blaisdell
2022-01-10 01:54:18 UTC
Historical fact... about a mile from my house is a road called Pancake
Lane. Years ago it was a lane that farmers used to drive their cows.
Cows, being cows, crapped along the way and left pancakes on the ground.
Out West, we'd call it Cow Pie Lane. We have big, strong cattle that
leave pies, not pancakes, wherever they roam.
Dave Smith
2022-01-10 02:04:51 UTC
Post by Leonard Blaisdell
Post by Dave Smith
Historical fact... about a mile from my house is a road called Pancake
Lane. Years ago it was a lane that farmers used to drive their cows.
Cows, being cows, crapped along the way and left pancakes on the ground.
Out West, we'd call it Cow Pie Lane. We have big, strong cattle that
leave pies, not pancakes, wherever they roam.
Around here it was cow pies, cow flops or pancakes.
The town fair has a cow flop bingo event. An area is fenced off and a
grid laid out. People pay for pool tickets for the grid in which the cow
will drop the first crap.
Dave Smith
2022-01-09 20:11:35 UTC
On Sun, 9 Jan 2022 06:18:48 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
Post by Cindy Hamilton
I think the point is that there are places in Ohio that are more desirable
to live in than a town of 3000 with a shuttered steel mill.
I watched a YT video last night, some guy just driving through
abandoned towns and sections of US cities. It was interesting to
watch.

I see parts of St Louis are no-go zones... South St Louis, if I
remember correctly. Kind of depressing to watch, but nonethless
interesting, at least for me.

Bryan Simmons
2022-01-09 21:14:29 UTC
Post by Cindy Hamilton
I think the point is that there are places in Ohio that are more desirable
to live in than a town of 3000 with a shuttered steel mill.
I watched a YT video last night, some guy just driving through
abandoned towns and sections of US cities. It was interesting to
watch.
I see parts of St Louis are no-go zones... South St Louis, if I
remember correctly. Kind of depressing to watch, but nonethless
interesting, at least for me.
http://youtu.be/j1zi2QwpOlc
It's East St. Louis, which is on the other side of the Mississsippi
River, in Illinois. There is an area of St. Louis County that is now
essentially abandoned that was as awful as anywhere.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinloch,_Missouri
This, my friends, is Kinloch.
https://www.google.com/maps/@38.7399241,-90.3237946,3a,75y,58.17h,98.52t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sjVO7Ic-sTOCFNkKivejUuA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Oh, but we can't talk about racial injustice because it might huwwt
some widdle White child's feewings.

2022-01-09 23:14:23 UTC
Post by Cindy Hamilton
[...]
Vast areas of the south and west sides of Chicago look like that... in some places so
depopulated that you'd swear you were in a totally rural area...
2022-01-09 09:55:37 UTC
[...]
My husband's family moved _to_ Ohio. His father got a good job
in Cincinnati. It's not a bad city.

I wouldn't want to live in small-town or rural Ohio. OTOH, I wouldn't
want to live in small-town or rural Michigan, either.

2022-01-09 23:21:56 UTC
[...]
I replied to this in the other thread where you mentioned it. To recap,
I wouldn't move here under my own volition, but it isn't as bad as you
think, nothing like decades ago. Regardless, I'm trapped here for 11
more years.

I wouldn't mind bringing back the steel mill jobs. Those were darn good
paying jobs, that required no education. It's really become an
impoverished area since Crucible steel went under, and the potteries
went right along with it.

You have to travel for work now. Pittsburgh has picked back up since
their mills closed. I have hundreds, maybe thousands, of dusty old
pieces of pottery that were made locally, as a testament to what once
was our booming industry.
Michael Trew
2022-01-10 02:06:50 UTC
Regardless, I'm trapped here for 11 more years.
Why? My first guess would be it is an agreement you made with your
daughter's mother to make it easy for them to visit each other until your
girl reaches majority. I seem to recall that you& her mother reached a
consensus agreement (i.e. not court-mandated) regarding several aspects
of her ongoing upbringing.
It seems to me though that a non-binding agreement would always be open
for amendment. You may have different ideas of what is best, but I'm sure
you both want what is best for your child. That might be seen as a change
in venue by either of you.
Correct, we settled on private terms. I'm not bound here per se, and
honestly, she probably would work out summers with me out of state, I
doubt that would be an issue on her end. However, it's very much an
issue on my end.

I see her every weekend, and I absolutely won't tolerate seeing her less
frequently than that, especially at her age. There is not a chance in
the world that I'd go months at a time without seeing her, whatever
weather, better job opportunities, etc. in some other state isn't worth
that.
Mike Duffy
2022-01-10 03:41:23 UTC
Correct, we settled on private terms. [...] There is not a chance in
the world that I'd go months at a time without seeing her, whatever
weather, better job opportunities, etc. in some other state isn't worth
that.
I applaud & encourage this action & attitude. Children, even those who
act very mature, are still children. They crave and need to be close to
their close family. And it's not just for her, Michael. always 'being
there' for her is one of the things that makes you what you are as well.

I suppose I don't pay pay too much attention to personal lives of others.
I had gathered that she was with you during the week and visited her
mother on weekends. Probably you did things to minimize disruptions to
her schooling, &c.
Dave Smith
2022-01-10 10:59:26 UTC
[...]
Micheal, you're only trapped there for 11 more years because you are a
good Dad. You're willing to sacrifice some of your needs for the needs
of your daughter. Kudo's to you. For that reason especially, I admire
you. You are doing the right thing and she will notice that once she
becomes an adult. :)

i***@webtv.net
2022-01-08 23:02:26 UTC
My electricity is from a nearby (60 miles) nuclear power plant.
Turn off the lights at night and all the appliance wires glow in the
dark. heh heh
Is that safe???
↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ (Dunce)
Dave Smith
2022-01-09 04:04:18 UTC
On Sat, 8 Jan 2022 15:13:54 -0800 (PST), GM
Post by Gary
My electricity is from a nearby (60 miles) nuclear power plant.
Turn off the lights at night and all the appliance wires glow in the
dark. heh heh
Is that safe???
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? (Dunce)
What a moronic cow OAFelia is...
First, she wonders why peeps are so mean to Miss Bwuthie, and then *this*....
"LOL"
Uhm, Dit is mijn kikker. Ghe Ghe Ghe.
Wow. She thinks Joan is serious. Wow.
i***@webtv.net
2022-01-09 20:08:43 UTC
On Sat, 8 Jan 2022 15:13:54 -0800 (PST), GM
My electricity is from a nearby (60 miles) nuclear power plant.
Turn off the lights at night and all the appliance wires glow in the
dark. heh heh
Is that safe???
↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ (Dunce)
What a moronic cow OAFelia is...
First, she wonders why peeps are so mean to Miss Bwuthie, and then *this*....
"LOL"
Wow. She thinks Joan is serious. Wow.
Actually, she thought Garish was serious when he said his appliance
wires glow at night when the lights are off.
Dave Smith
2022-01-09 20:36:10 UTC
On Sat, 8 Jan 2022 15:13:54 -0800 (PST), GM
What a moronic cow OAFelia is...
First, she wonders why peeps are so mean to Miss Bwuthie, and then *this*....
"LOL"
Wow. She thinks Joan is serious. Wow.
Actually, she thought Garish was serious when he said his appliance
wires glow at night when the lights are off.
Wow. Jebus misunderstood. Wow.
Check with the master.
Dave Smith
2022-01-09 04:02:09 UTC
Post by John Kuthe
[...]
Only if they are done having children.
Uhm, Dit is mijn kikker. Ghe Ghe Ghe.
2022-01-09 13:00:41 UTC
Post by John Kuthe
[...]
Bonus: Get down on the floor and put the glowing wire right next to your
left cheek. Then hold your cell phone next to your right cheek and snap
a picture. Free dental x-ray. Show it to your dentist next time you go
in for x-ray and cleaning. Save money. :)
Ophelia
LOL
Dave Smith
At least you see the genitalia in the dark, I guess.
Dave Smith
2022-01-07 20:11:49 UTC
Nothing like living in a Brick House with ALL ELECTRIC, and NO GAS! :-)
Electricity generated by burning coal. One person living in a house
large enough for a family of eight. Your carbon footprint is huge.
But electricity can be generated many ways! Fossil Fuels only ONE! Fossils!
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
But yours is not. Until you install solar panels shut up about your roach
motel.
There is always the possibility of hydro-power from the river. Thing
is, he hasn't bothered to check his bill or to inquire where it comes
from. Chances are the majority of it is from coal. He just loves to
crow about electricity as if he's somehow superior.
He should move to Denmark. There, he'd really make a difference
driving his Leaf.
2022-01-07 22:00:04 UTC
On Fri, 7 Jan 2022 12:26:59 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
Nothing like living in a Brick House with ALL ELECTRIC, and NO GAS! :-)
Electricity generated by burning coal. One person living in a house
large enough for a family of eight. Your carbon footprint is huge.
But electricity can be generated many ways! Fossil Fuels only ONE! Fossils!
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
But yours is not. Until you install solar panels shut up about your roach
motel.
There is always the possibility of hydro-power from the river. Thing
is, he hasn't bothered to check his bill or to inquire where it comes
from. Chances are the majority of it is from coal. He just loves to
crow about electricity as if he's somehow superior.
Didn't you know? He has an arrangement with his utility that the
electrons generated by coal go to his neighbor's house, but the
electrons generated by renewables go to his.
Cindy Hamilton
Uhm, Ghe Ghe Ghe. This is my frogger. Yes. Ghe Ghe Ghe :)))))))))))
2022-01-07 20:33:09 UTC
You have plenty of gas, what with all those sweet hot beans.
Alex
2022-01-08 01:17:03 UTC
Nothing like living in a Brick House with ALL ELECTRIC, and NO GAS! :-)
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
Your Leaf will have a lower range in those temperatures.  How are you
going to get to work?  You did land a job, right?
John Kuthe
2022-01-08 01:58:16 UTC
Nothing like living in a Brick House with ALL ELECTRIC, and NO GAS! :-)
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
Your Leaf will have a lower range in those temperatures. How are you
going to get to work? You did land a job, right?
Mostly from the use of the heaters and defrosters, but not over 20% of the normal mileage power.

I have a 2013 Leaf. Was leased new for 3 years first then I bought it in 2016 for a shade over $10,000.

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
Alex
2022-01-08 03:47:35 UTC
Nothing like living in a Brick House with ALL ELECTRIC, and NO GAS! :-)
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
Your Leaf will have a lower range in those temperatures. How are you
going to get to work? You did land a job, right?
Mostly from the use of the heaters and defrosters, but not over 20% of the normal mileage power.
I have a 2013 Leaf. Was leased new for 3 years first then I bought it in 2016 for a shade over $10,000.
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
You should be able to read more than the first sentence in a post. No
new job, eh?

You might lose as much as 40% dropping your range to about 40 miles.  Yay!

https://www.greencars.com/post/how-cold-weather-affects-electric-cars
jmcquown
2022-01-08 04:14:43 UTC
Nothing like living in a Brick House with ALL ELECTRIC, and NO GAS! :-)
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
Your Leaf will have a lower range in those temperatures. How are you
going to get to work? You did land a job, right?
Mostly from the use of the heaters and defrosters, but not over 20% of the normal mileage power.
I have a 2013 Leaf. Was leased new for 3 years first then I bought it in 2016 for a shade over $10,000.
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
You side-stepped the question about how you're going to get to work
because you don't have a job. BTW, you have spent more in repair
shop/body work and tires on that car than it is now worth. No need to
keep crowing about it.

2022-01-08 04:32:29 UTC
Nothing like living in a Brick House with ALL ELECTRIC, and NO GAS! :-)
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
Your Leaf will have a lower range in those temperatures. How are you
going to get to work? You did land a job, right?
Mostly from the use of the heaters and defrosters, but not over 20% of the normal mileage power.
I have a 2013 Leaf. Was leased new for 3 years first then I bought it in 2016 for a shade over $10,000.
2013 specs say 75 miles, so if your claim about getting 70 miles is
accurate, then the battery is in good shape - for now.
But it's now 8 years old, you need to plan ahead for when it
deteriorates.
Bryan Simmons
2022-01-08 08:46:25 UTC
Nothing like living in a Brick House with ALL ELECTRIC, and NO GAS! :-)
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
Your Leaf will have a lower range in those temperatures. How are you
going to get to work? You did land a job, right?
Mostly from the use of the heaters and defrosters, but not over 20% of the normal mileage power.
I have a 2013 Leaf. Was leased new for 3 years first then I bought it in 2016 for a shade over $10,000.
2013 specs say 75 miles, so if your claim about getting 70 miles is
accurate, then the battery is in good shape - for now.
But it's now 8 years old, you need to plan ahead for when it
deteriorates.
APPLY IN PERSON AT
Fenton Olde Towne Donuts
67 Fenton Plaza