Dinner 1/7/2022 Will Be...
2022-01-07 19:54:15 UTC
A pan-fried catfish fillet, dredged in very fine cornmeal-based spicy
fish-fry coating. I haven't eaten catfish in a long time.

I bought some frozen waffle-fries. And frozen hush puppies. The
potatoes and frozen hush puppies cook up nice and crisp in the oven
(tender inside) without having to deal with deep frying or a lot of oil.

Jill
fos
2022-01-07 20:06:13 UTC
A pan-fried catfish fillet, dredged in very fine cornmeal-based spicy
fish-fry coating. I haven't eaten catfish in a long time.
I bought some frozen waffle-fries. And frozen hush puppies. The
potatoes and frozen hush puppies cook up nice and crisp in the oven
(tender inside) without having to deal with deep frying or a lot of oil.
lazy day for me. last of the spit pea soup made monday from the last of
the christmas ham.
--
***@sdf.org
SDF Public Access UNIX System - https://sdf.org
Dave Smith
2022-01-07 20:23:02 UTC
Post by fos
Post by jmcquown
A pan-fried catfish fillet, dredged in very fine cornmeal-based spicy
fish-fry coating. I haven't eaten catfish in a long time.
I bought some frozen waffle-fries. And frozen hush puppies. The
potatoes and frozen hush puppies cook up nice and crisp in the oven
(tender inside) without having to deal with deep frying or a lot of oil.
lazy day for me. last of the spit pea soup made monday from the last of
the christmas ham.
Uhm, Ghe Ghe Ghe. This is my frogger. Yes. Ghe Ghe Ghe :)))))))))))
2022-01-08 11:54:10 UTC
Post by fos
Post by jmcquown
A pan-fried catfish fillet, dredged in very fine cornmeal-based spicy
fish-fry coating. I haven't eaten catfish in a long time.
I bought some frozen waffle-fries. And frozen hush puppies. The
potatoes and frozen hush puppies cook up nice and crisp in the oven
(tender inside) without having to deal with deep frying or a lot of oil.
lazy day for me. last of the spit pea soup made monday from the last of
the christmas ham.
I used the last of my chicken stock, then added a bit of turkey stock.
Then added a good amount of broccoli and some cheddar cheese to make a
broccoli cheese soup.

Now making another batch ofvegetable soup for next week.
Dave Smith
2022-01-09 04:11:17 UTC
Post by fos
Post by jmcquown
A pan-fried catfish fillet, dredged in very fine cornmeal-based spicy
fish-fry coating. I haven't eaten catfish in a long time.
I bought some frozen waffle-fries. And frozen hush puppies. The
potatoes and frozen hush puppies cook up nice and crisp in the oven
(tender inside) without having to deal with deep frying or a lot of oil.
lazy day for me. last of the spit pea soup made monday from the last of
the christmas ham.
I used the last of my chicken stock, then added a bit of turkey stock.
Then added a good amount of broccoli and some cheddar cheese to make a
broccoli cheese soup.
Now making another batch ofvegetable soup for next week.
Uhm, Dit is mijn kikker. Ghe Ghe Ghe.
2022-01-07 20:15:18 UTC
A pan-fried catfish fillet, dredged in very fine cornmeal-based spicy
fish-fry coating. I haven't eaten catfish in a long time.
I bought some frozen waffle-fries. And frozen hush puppies. The
potatoes and frozen hush puppies cook up nice and crisp in the oven
(tender inside) without having to deal with deep frying or a lot of oil.
Jill
It's going to be the vegetable beef soup I made yesterday here for dinner.

I'm toying with the idea of getting down my back steps and taking my
neighbor across the alley a large container. My pot grew to an enormous
amount and I'm sure she'd appreciate something to heat and eat.
jmcquown
2022-01-08 05:10:59 UTC
A pan-fried catfish fillet, dredged in very fine cornmeal-based spicy
fish-fry coating. I haven't eaten catfish in a long time.
I bought some frozen waffle-fries. And frozen hush puppies. The
potatoes and frozen hush puppies cook up nice and crisp in the oven
(tender inside) without having to deal with deep frying or a lot of oil.
Jill
It's going to be the vegetable beef soup I made yesterday here for dinner.
I'm toying with the idea of getting down my back steps and taking my
neighbor across the alley a large container. My pot grew to an enormous
amount and I'm sure she'd appreciate something to heat and eat.
I saw on the weather channel Nashville got snow. I hope it wasn't too
much and if you did decide to go down those back steps, be careful, no
slipping! Enjoy your veggie beef soup. :)

2022-01-07 20:19:08 UTC
A pan-fried catfish fillet, dredged in very fine cornmeal-based spicy
fish-fry coating. I haven't eaten catfish in a long time.
I bought some frozen waffle-fries. And frozen hush puppies. The
potatoes and frozen hush puppies cook up nice and crisp in the oven
(tender inside) without having to deal with deep frying or a lot of oil.
It was nice at lunchtime (20 F, calm, sunny), so I grilled a bunch of
skinless, boneless chicken breast. It'll be some of that for dinner; I
haven't quite decided what I'll do with it. I'm sure a salad will be involved
somewhere.

Lunch was a couple of sliders. I hadn't had meat in almost a week, and
I was craving some beef.

Ha ha, hey. I'd have thrown the sliders on the grill, too !!
Dave Smith
2022-01-08 14:05:55 UTC
A pan-fried catfish fillet, dredged in very fine cornmeal-based spicy
fish-fry coating. I haven't eaten catfish in a long time.
I bought some frozen waffle-fries. And frozen hush puppies. The
potatoes and frozen hush puppies cook up nice and crisp in the oven
(tender inside) without having to deal with deep frying or a lot of oil.
It was nice at lunchtime (20 F, calm, sunny), so I grilled a bunch of
skinless, boneless chicken breast. It'll be some of that for dinner; I
haven't quite decided what I'll do with it. I'm sure a salad will be involved
somewhere.
Lunch was a couple of sliders. I hadn't had meat in almost a week, and
I was craving some beef.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slider_(sandwich)
It's funny. When I was a teenager, a White Castle employee
could be fired for using the word, "slider." From what I had
always heard, the word was a pejorative, suggesting that
the burgers slid through the digestive tract quickly and
unpleasantly. WCs were also called Belly Bombers. In the
1980s, WC started embracing the sliders thing, and now
folks call small burgers, sliders.
2022-01-08 14:07:34 UTC
[...]
Not as bad as what we called the fish sandwiches: aqua rats

Are you crazy? Sliders are appetizers literally "slid" down the bar by the bartender to customers. Bryan, what planet are you on half the time?
Dave Smith
Leonard Blaisdell
2022-01-08 22:36:09 UTC
A pan-fried catfish fillet, dredged in very fine cornmeal-based spicy
fish-fry coating. I haven't eaten catfish in a long time.
I bought some frozen waffle-fries. And frozen hush puppies. The
potatoes and frozen hush puppies cook up nice and crisp in the oven
(tender inside) without having to deal with deep frying or a lot of oil.
Yesterday, we had leftovers and random junk. It was the last of some ham
fried rice and crudités. Today we're having the last of the posole with
a beef tenderloin. I have no idea how they pair. We'll see.

leo
Dave Smith