Latest Lake Mich. Swim Ever
Add Reply
Geoff Rove
2021-10-09 16:36:22 UTC
Since we have the climate of Kentucky now it's great to exercise by lake swimming. Tomorrow those marathon runners will bake in the heat and hurry to soak their acking soles in the welcoming waters.
Lunch today is left over gyros slices, mustard, banana peppers slices on Bezos seed bread( not organic), half organic apple and a Dew.

Morning train had some Fright Fest attendees heading to 6 flags.
GM
2021-10-09 17:13:36 UTC
Post by Geoff Rove
Since we have the climate of Kentucky now it's great to exercise by lake swimming. Tomorrow those marathon runners will bake in the heat and hurry to soak their acking soles in the welcoming waters.
Lunch today is left over gyros slices, mustard, banana peppers slices on Bezos seed bread( not organic), half organic apple and a Dew.
Morning train had some Fright Fest attendees heading to 6 flags.
Remember this 2007 clusterfuck:

Published October 8, 2007

Heat Shuts Down Chicago Marathon, Leaves One Runner Dead, Scores Hospitalized

"CHICAGO – In scorching heat and high humidity, the Chicago Marathon took a deadly turn Sunday.

One runner died, at least 49 were hospitalized and thousands were denied the chance to
cross the finish line in the race long known for its brisk fall temperatures and flat terrain.

Paul Gardiner, a runner from England, said the weather made for a "brutal" run
"We were at about 18 miles and we heard they canceled it and that kind of sent
a little bit of concern through the crowd," he said. "It's just it's impossible to run."

The 88-degree heat and sweltering humidity were so draining that organizers shut
down the second half of the course 3 1/2 hours after the start.

About 10,000 of the 45,000 registered runners chose to not race in the heat despite
more mist stations, cooling buses and water-soaked sponges, while another 10,934
started but didn't finish, officials said.

An autopsy is scheduled for Monday for Chad Schieber, 35, of Midland, Mich.
He collapsed while running on the South Side and was pronounced dead shortly
before 1 p.m. at a Veteran's Affairs hospital, the Cook County medical examiner's office.

These were record temperatures for the Chicago Marathon, topping the mark of
84 degrees in 1979. Runners were diverted to the starting area, where they were
provided with medical attention and cooling misters. Shortages of water and
energy drinks were reported along the 26.2-mile route..."

</>
Geoff Rove
2021-10-11 22:29:43 UTC
Post by Geoff Rove
[...]
I was swimming indoors that time at Park pools. Chad's body was taken to a funeral home in China Town, no joke.
To quote Clint Eastwood at the end of one Dirty Harry movie, "A mans got to know his limitations".

Yesterday I checked out the half-way 13.1 mile spot west of downtown. One runner was taken by chair to a Fire Dept. crew for paramedic attention. These runners were about 3 hours into the race.
At least with swimming my knees aren't getting pounded. Just remember to use sun screen outdoors, if its warm enough to swim the sun is still baking US.
Lunch today was leftover pizza, pulled off some pepperoni slice for future tuna samwiches and its alternate day Dew drink.
Geoff Rove
2021-10-11 22:19:36 UTC
Post by Geoff Rove
Since we have the climate of Kentucky now it's great to exercise by lake swimming. Tomorrow those marathon runners will bake in the heat and hurry to soak their acking soles in the welcoming waters.
Lunch today is left over gyros slices, mustard, banana peppers slices on Bezos seed bread( not organic), half organic apple and a Dew.
Morning train had some Fright Fest attendees heading to 6 flags.
This is funny, Sloppy Joe "mis - gendered" our raging bulldyke "mayor" lol...!!!
"Biden at it again, addresses woman mayor of Chicago as 'Mr Mayor'
US President Joe Biden's global reputation may have got a hit after Afghanistan
and those overjoyed at the time of him trouncing Trump may be in two minds
now, but there was one thing he was always famous for.
Making silly mistakes while speaking publicly.
The gaffe-prone Biden has added one more to his list as he misgendered Chicago
Mayor Lori Lightfoot, a woman, by addressing her 'Mr mayor'
Biden was in the state to call on private employers to make Covid vaccines mandatory
for their employees. Throughout his televised appearance, he was seen stumbling his
lines. But the most prominent of his mistakes came when his addressed Lori Lightfoot 'Mr Mayor'.
"Mr Mayor, thanks for the passport into town," he was quoted as saying/
He blunders did not stop there. During the same speech he struggled while
recalling President of Illinois' State Senate Don Harmon's name.
The list of gaffes for one day was yet to finish and Biden confused the words
'television' and 'telephone' and said that he was on television instead of saying
he was on phone.
This is not the first time Joe Biden has made mistakes when speaking publicly.
He forgot Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison's name recently and regarded
him as "that fellow down under".
The occasion was announcement of the AUKUS alliance which forges deep
security ties between the US, Australia and the UK..."
</>
Well Lori Lightfoot does put on a "Larry" look.
Bruce 0.77 Beta
2021-10-11 23:10:43 UTC
On Mon, 11 Oct 2021 15:19:36 -0700 (PDT), Geoff Rove
Post by Geoff Rove
[...]
That's enough honour for the religious fanatic coal burner.