Decanting wine
2022-01-06 02:53:07 UTC
Long ago I learned the benefits of decanting red wine about an hour
before serving. It allows it to breath and improves taste and makes it
smoother.

Over the past few years I got away from it since most times I am cooking
for myself and have a half bottle. Last night I made a nice dinner for
four of us and decanted a bottle of zinfandel ahead of time. Sure made
a difference.

I put the decanter where I see it all the time and will do just a half
bottle for myself in the future. Worth the small effort.

Mine is similar to this. No need to spend a lot of money but you can.
https://tinyurl.com/yc43h255
John Kuthe
2022-01-06 02:58:36 UTC
Post by Ed Pawlowski
Long ago I learned the benefits of decanting red wine about an hour
before serving. It allows it to breath and improves taste and makes it
smoother.
Over the past few years I got away from it since most times I am cooking
for myself and have a half bottle. Last night I made a nice dinner for
four of us and decanted a bottle of zinfandel ahead of time. Sure made
a difference.
I put the decanter where I see it all the time and will do just a half
bottle for myself in the future. Worth the small effort.
Mine is similar to this. No need to spend a lot of money but you can.
https://tinyurl.com/yc43h255
I used to drink Red Wine, but NO MORE!

I drink ZERO ethanol now.

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
Lucretia Borgia
2022-01-06 12:27:12 UTC
Post by Ed Pawlowski
Long ago I learned the benefits of decanting red wine about an hour
before serving. It allows it to breath and improves taste and makes it
smoother.
Over the past few years I got away from it since most times I am cooking
for myself and have a half bottle. Last night I made a nice dinner for
four of us and decanted a bottle of zinfandel ahead of time. Sure made
a difference.
I put the decanter where I see it all the time and will do just a half
bottle for myself in the future. Worth the small effort.
Mine is similar to this. No need to spend a lot of money but you can.
https://tinyurl.com/yc43h255
I used to drink Red Wine, but NO MORE!
I drink ZERO ethanol now.
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
Ed was posting info for normal people, you don't drink red wine, just
ignore it!
bruce bowser
I don't mind adding gin to wine before drinking (about 1 part gin, 2 parts wine).
bob
2022-01-06 15:10:00 UTC
Post by bruce bowser
Post by Lucretia Borgia
Post by John Kuthe
Post by Ed Pawlowski
[...]
Sorta of a reverse martini? I could try a splash of wine in gin
martini, but not 2 to 1 as you do. Would rather the wine flavor.
bruce bowser
2022-01-06 15:46:01 UTC
Post by bob
Post by bruce bowser
Post by Lucretia Borgia
Post by John Kuthe
Post by Ed Pawlowski
[...]
Sorta of a reverse martini?
Hold the dry vermouth and olive, yeah? I like the slight anti-sweet kick of gin.
Arn0
Dit is mijn kikker. Ghe Ghe Ghe.
GM
2022-01-23 00:31:50 UTC
On Thu, 6 Jan 2022 08:52:44 -0800 (PST), GM
Post by GM
Post by bruce bowser
Post by Lucretia Borgia
Post by John Kuthe
Post by Ed Pawlowski
[...]
Ghe? Uhm, can you go into more detail? I don't get it

Arn0
This is my frogger.
Michael Trew
2022-01-07 03:15:20 UTC
Post by Lucretia Borgia
Post by John Kuthe
Post by Ed Pawlowski
[...]
Why would he ignore it? So many people here will jump to correct him
(not you), and that gives him his desired attention.
Dave Smith
2022-01-17 02:51:19 UTC
Post by Ed Pawlowski
Long ago I learned the benefits of decanting red wine about an hour
before serving. It allows it to breath and improves taste and makes it
smoother.
Over the past few years I got away from it since most times I am cooking
for myself and have a half bottle. Last night I made a nice dinner for
four of us and decanted a bottle of zinfandel ahead of time. Sure made
a difference.
I put the decanter where I see it all the time and will do just a half
bottle for myself in the future. Worth the small effort.
Mine is similar to this. No need to spend a lot of money but you can.
https://tinyurl.com/yc43h255
I used to drink Red Wine, but NO MORE!
I drink ZERO ethanol now.
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
Ghe? Can you go into more detail? I don't get it
2022-01-23 00:30:22 UTC
Post by Ed Pawlowski
Long ago I learned the benefits of decanting red wine about an hour
before serving. It allows it to breath and improves taste and makes it
smoother.
Over the past few years I got away from it since most times I am cooking
for myself and have a half bottle. Last night I made a nice dinner for
four of us and decanted a bottle of zinfandel ahead of time. Sure made
a difference.
I put the decanter where I see it all the time and will do just a half
bottle for myself in the future. Worth the small effort.
Mine is similar to this. No need to spend a lot of money but you can.
https://tinyurl.com/yc43h255
I used to drink Red Wine, but NO MORE!
I drink ZERO ethanol now.
You sound proud. Why?
Ghe? Uhm, can you go into more detail? I don't get it
bob