OT: Bird in my house!!
2021-11-29 17:17:28 UTC
I'm sure this sounds like a Kuthe post, but bear with me...

I found this little guy flying crazily about inside of my home this
morning. I have absolutely no clue how he got in here, or what type of
bird he is. Keep in mind, I do not like birds. It was an awful couple
of hours trying to catch him. My cat tried as well.

I need to go clean up ruffled feathers throughout the house, as well as
some bird droppings. Thank you buddy, right on my white sheers... Ugh.
He's lucky that I manage to catch him unharmed in my frenzy. It was a
feat of nature to get him into this little plastic container.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/csDzRvM
Sheldon Martin
2021-11-29 19:12:15 UTC
On Mon, 29 Nov 2021 12:17:28 -0500, Michael Trew
Post by Michael Trew
I'm sure this sounds like a Kuthe post, but bear with me...
I found this little guy flying crazily about inside of my home this
morning. I have absolutely no clue how he got in here, or what type of
bird he is. Keep in mind, I do not like birds. It was an awful couple
of hours trying to catch him. My cat tried as well.
I need to go clean up ruffled feathers throughout the house, as well as
some bird droppings. Thank you buddy, right on my white sheers... Ugh.
He's lucky that I manage to catch him unharmed in my frenzy. It was a
feat of nature to get him into this little plastic container.
https://postimg.cc/gallery/csDzRvM
There're probably small openings at your eaves/soffit... this is the
time of year when critters are hunting for a warm place to spend the
winter. I suggest you find those openings and close them before all
their relatives show up... small critters can cause big damage. It'll
likely be a very small opening so look carefully. You may need to
light up your attic at night and look for light from outside. It
might help to put a birdfeeder outside and watch for birds bringing
seeds into your attic. Birds are like mice in that they can squeeze
through tiny openings. Keep in mind that not all birds migrate to
warmer climates in winter... it gets bitterly cold here in winter yet
lots of birds winter over... so long as there's food and water they
will stay at temperatures well below zero. The birds that winter over
here know to eat cat food and drink their water from heated bowls,
they eat canned cat food and dried, blue jays love kitten chow. Birds
post lookouts high up in the trees, any cats come near they sound an
alarm.
Michael Trew
2021-11-29 19:40:45 UTC
Post by Michael Trew
[...]
I found one in my attic last year. That's understandable, because the
attic is easy to fly through. There are a few old holes in the siding
that were drilled years ago to blow in insulation, with caps missing.
That's got to be the ticket in. The attic door has no gaps, so I
haven't a clue how it got from the attic into my living space. My best
guess is down through a wall cavity clean into the basement, then up the
basement steps (basement door is open due to the cat box down there). I
have the chimneys stuffed full above the fireplace openings.
GM
2021-11-29 19:34:49 UTC
I'm sure this sounds like a Kuthe post, but bear with me...
I found this little guy flying crazily about inside of my home this
morning. I have absolutely no clue how he got in here, or what type of
bird he is. Keep in mind, I do not like birds. It was an awful couple
of hours trying to catch him. My cat tried as well.
I need to go clean up ruffled feathers throughout the house, as well as
some bird droppings. Thank you buddy, right on my white sheers... Ugh.
He's lucky that I manage to catch him unharmed in my frenzy. It was a
feat of nature to get him into this little plastic container.
https://postimg.cc/gallery/csDzRvM
See, you should have captured this saga for Youtube, you'd be a "celebrity"...

;-)
2021-11-29 19:37:23 UTC
I'm sure this sounds like a Kuthe post, but bear with me...
I found this little guy flying crazily about inside of my home this
morning. I have absolutely no clue how he got in here, or what type of
bird he is. Keep in mind, I do not like birds. It was an awful couple
of hours trying to catch him. My cat tried as well.
I need to go clean up ruffled feathers throughout the house, as well as
some bird droppings. Thank you buddy, right on my white sheers... Ugh.
He's lucky that I manage to catch him unharmed in my frenzy. It was a
feat of nature to get him into this little plastic container.
https://postimg.cc/gallery/csDzRvM
See, you should have captured this saga for Youtube, you'd be a "celebrity"...
;-)
Maybe. I'm not going to lie, there was some screaming involved when the
ducker kept flying at me right overhead. Some choice words toward the
end.
Ed Pawlowski
2021-11-29 21:53:26 UTC
I'm sure this sounds like a Kuthe post, but bear with me...
I found this little guy flying crazily about inside of my home this
morning. I have absolutely no clue how he got in here, or what type of
bird he is. Keep in mind, I do not like birds. It was an awful couple
of hours trying to catch him. My cat tried as well.
I need to go clean up ruffled feathers throughout the house, as well as
some bird droppings. Thank you buddy, right on my white sheers... Ugh.
He's lucky that I manage to catch him unharmed in my frenzy. It was a
feat of nature to get him into this little plastic container.
https://postimg.cc/gallery/csDzRvM
See, you should have captured this saga for Youtube, you'd be a "celebrity"...
;-)
RFC can make a series of interesting "how to" videos. Subjects can vary
from making meatloaf to searching the streets for panties. A series of
how to crack a walnut, open a pistachio or shave your nuts.
Bryan Simmons
2021-11-30 00:15:36 UTC
[...]
The Wonderful company has quit selling *raw* pistachios. That
is disappointing because their raw in shell pistachios were the
best. I don't care if I ever have another roasted pistachio. They
are so much better raw. I can't think of any nut that I don't strongly
prefer one way or the other.

I find raw peanuts and raw sunflower seeds disgusting, and I don't
like raw cashews. Roasted pecans and almonds are pretty bad, as
are roasted walnuts.

LOL Ed!
Bruce
Do you have hummingbirds where you live?
Michael Trew
2021-12-01 04:58:17 UTC
Post by Michael Trew
RFC can make a series of interesting "how to" videos. Subjects can vary
from making meatloaf to searching the streets for panties. A series of
how to crack a walnut, open a pistachio or shave your nuts.
LOL Ed!
Do you have hummingbirds where you live?
Possibly, but I don't put out bird feeders. I've never seen any, but
haven't looked. Unfortunately, we have some very annoying woodpeckers.
Bryan Simmons
2021-12-01 23:03:31 UTC
Post by Michael Trew
RFC can make a series of interesting "how to" videos. Subjects can vary
from making meatloaf to searching the streets for panties. A series of
how to crack a walnut, open a pistachio or shave your nuts.
LOL Ed!
Do you have hummingbirds where you live?
Possibly, but I don't put out bird feeders. I've never seen any, but
haven't looked. Unfortunately, we have some very annoying woodpeckers.
Are they noisy?

They're used to us and leave us in peace, but the chickens are often
attacked and the rooster often has a bleeding comb.
They steal shit too.

2021-12-02 01:03:06 UTC
http://youtu.be/HivhKv7wA-w
They're used to us and leave us in peace, but the chickens are often
attacked and the rooster often has a bleeding comb.
They steal shit too.
http://youtu.be/CJiiBq8UnIY
That's about a European magpie.
Bruce. I know that. I do hope that folks listened to the music. I love
those Rossini overtures, even though I'm not a fan of opera.
The ad that played
before this one (you might get a different ad) was for the Beatles movie,
and I'll probably eventually pay to see that, but the Barber of Seville and
William Tell overtures are great pieces.

I love those familiar Classical and Romantic segments that many feel are
overplayed. There are many movements of symphonies that stand on
their own.

2021-12-02 02:05:55 UTC
http://youtu.be/OloXRhesab0 The ad that played
before this one (you might get a different ad) was for the Beatles movie,
and I'll probably eventually pay to see that, but the Barber of Seville and
William Tell overtures are great pieces.
I love those familiar Classical and Romantic segments that many feel are
overplayed. There are many movements of symphonies that stand on
their own.
http://youtu.be/I7AQeN-x_Xs
--Bryan
The old classics are the best.

Michael Trew
2021-12-02 06:01:40 UTC
On Tue, 30 Nov 2021 23:58:17 -0500, Michael Trew
Do you have hummingbirds where you live?
Possibly, but I don't put out bird feeders. I've never seen any, but
haven't looked. Unfortunately, we have some very annoying woodpeckers.
Are they noisy?
The one that was drilling into the corner of my house last year was. He
liked to check for bugs at 6 AM... I could hear him on the other side of
the house.
http://youtu.be/HivhKv7wA-w
LOL, I'd be freaking out if I saw one of those.
Bruce
2021-12-02 06:08:40 UTC
On Thu, 02 Dec 2021 01:01:40