What's Simmering on Your Stove Sunday, 11/21/21??
2021-11-22 00:36:25 UTC
Here it was a small package of marked down boneless country
style spareribs and a dish of microwaved broccoli florets. It just
hit the spot and I could have went back for a second helping but
there was just enough left for another meal so I held off.

That package of frozen broccoli was topped of with real, honest-
to-goodness Velveeta!! Nice and melty, yum-yum.

And your Sunday supper???
Michael Trew
2021-11-22 02:14:36 UTC
Here it was a small package of marked down boneless country
style spareribs and a dish of microwaved broccoli florets. It just
hit the spot and I could have went back for a second helping but
there was just enough left for another meal so I held off.
Sounds good to me. I was too lazy to cook supper today, but I did do a
good deal of grocery shopping today. I've got my cranberries here, BOGO
sale. I'll make those up and head over to Mom's for Thanksgiving. I
have to get there early and make the gravy for her... she tried to break
out a jar of gravy one year... no way, Jose!
Post by i***@webtv.net
That package of frozen broccoli was topped of with real, honest-
to-goodness Velveeta!! Nice and melty, yum-yum.
Oh boy, that will trigger a few ;)
Post by i***@webtv.net
And your Sunday supper???
I had some left-overs and fried up a potato to go with them.
Leonard Blaisdell
2021-11-22 09:11:59 UTC
Pork chops, canned Italian flat beans, mashed potatoes and white gravy.
Cindy Hamilton
2021-11-22 10:39:41 UTC
Here it was a small package of marked down boneless country
style spareribs and a dish of microwaved broccoli florets. It just
hit the spot and I could have went back for a second helping but
there was just enough left for another meal so I held off.
That package of frozen broccoli was topped of with real, honest-
to-goodness Velveeta!! Nice and melty, yum-yum.
And your Sunday supper???
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Neither of us felt like real food.

Cindy Hamilton
songbird
2021-11-22 13:51:02 UTC
Cindy Hamilton wrote:
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Neither of us felt like real food.
with good bread that's a pretty real food meal IMO.

songbird
bruce bowser
Yes Cindy, that or your husband was just being polite.
songbird
2021-11-22 13:49:45 UTC
Here it was a small package of marked down boneless country
style spareribs and a dish of microwaved broccoli florets. It just
hit the spot and I could have went back for a second helping but
there was just enough left for another meal so I held off.
That package of frozen broccoli was topped of with real, honest-
to-goodness Velveeta!! Nice and melty, yum-yum.
And your Sunday supper???
we made a huge pot of beans and then made three large pans
of baked beans from them. for dinner i had a bean burrito
made from beans that we'd made some time ago and put in the
freezer. we thawed them out last week and i needed to use
them up - which i did. all very good. even after eating the
burrito as i was draining the beans for the baked beans i was
snacking on the freshly cooked beans and they were so good it
was hard to stop.

i still haven't had breakfast and am not even hungry now
this fine morning - i have to figure out what to have for
brunch. it might be something simple and quick.

songbird
bruce bowser
That, with already fully cooked grilled chicken fajita slices and Mexican rice topped with warmed salsa all on a steamed tortilla is a real treat. Especially if you include diced radishes and lime quarters for squeezing lime juice on before you eat.
Bryan Simmons
2021-11-22 23:02:26 UTC
Here it was a small package of marked down boneless country
style spareribs and a dish of microwaved broccoli florets. It just
hit the spot and I could have went back for a second helping but
there was just enough left for another meal so I held off.
That package of frozen broccoli was topped of with real, honest-
to-goodness Velveeta!! Nice and melty, yum-yum.
And your Sunday supper???
Monday is chicken parmesan. I got some marked down breast
tenderloins, and pounded them gently before dipping in egg wash
with Italian seasoning, then bread crumbs and pan frying. Then
into the square Corningware, topped with jarred marinara, good
domestic parmesan, and into a 350F oven. After about 15 minutes,
I'm going to top with mozzarella, and return to the oven until the
cheese just begins to brown.

--Bryan
tert in seattle
2021-11-22 23:01:46 UTC
Here it was a small package of marked down boneless country
style spareribs and a dish of microwaved broccoli florets. It just
hit the spot and I could have went back for a second helping but
there was just enough left for another meal so I held off.
That package of frozen broccoli was topped of with real, honest-
to-goodness Velveeta!! Nice and melty, yum-yum.
And your Sunday supper???
I actually did simmer something yesterday - french onion soup. Julia
Child would not have approved, however, because I used Earth Balance
instead of butter and veg broth instead of beef. And there was no wine
or cognac. Finished in the oven with toasted bread & grated swiss cheese.
It wasn't the deep brown of standard onion soup but it was delicious
and I'm having leftovers for dinner.
Bryan Simmons
2021-11-22 23:40:19 UTC
Post by tert in seattle
Post by i***@webtv.net
Here it was a small package of marked down boneless country
style spareribs and a dish of microwaved broccoli florets. It just
hit the spot and I could have went back for a second helping but
there was just enough left for another meal so I held off.
That package of frozen broccoli was topped of with real, honest-
to-goodness Velveeta!! Nice and melty, yum-yum.
And your Sunday supper???
I actually did simmer something yesterday - french onion soup. Julia
Child would not have approved, however, because I used Earth Balance
instead of butter and veg broth instead of beef. And there was no wine
or cognac. Finished in the oven with toasted bread & grated swiss cheese.
It wasn't the deep brown of standard onion soup but it was delicious
and I'm having leftovers for dinner.
I can see using that vegan margarine garbage if you're vegan, but otherwise
it's just TIAD.

2021-11-23 04:34:21 UTC
Post by tert in seattle
Post by i***@webtv.net
Here it was a small package of marked down boneless country
style spareribs and a dish of microwaved broccoli florets. It just
hit the spot and I could have went back for a second helping but
there was just enough left for another meal so I held off.
That package of frozen broccoli was topped of with real, honest-
to-goodness Velveeta!! Nice and melty, yum-yum.
And your Sunday supper???
I actually did simmer something yesterday - french onion soup. Julia
Child would not have approved, however, because I used Earth Balance
instead of butter and veg broth instead of beef. And there was no wine
or cognac. Finished in the oven with toasted bread& grated swiss cheese.
It wasn't the deep brown of standard onion soup but it was delicious
and I'm having leftovers for dinner.
That sounds really good! I haven't had french onion soup in years. I
have a large bag of onions here, and about half a pound of swiss, but I
need to make broth first. Should yellow onions suffice?
tert in seattle
2021-11-23 17:36:32 UTC
Post by tert in seattle
Post by i***@webtv.net
[...]
Yes I used yellow onions. It seems like a ridiculous amount of onions at
first but after they've been cooked for over an hour it all makes sense.

http://juliachildsrecipes.com/soup/julia-childs-french-onion-soup/
tert in seattle
2021-11-23 17:43:02 UTC
Post by tert in seattle
Post by Michael Trew
Post by tert in seattle
Post by i***@webtv.net
[...]
I just noticed that online recipe is not exactly the same as what's in
the book - for example the book says use 3 T butter and 1 T oil. There's
no sage or bay leaf in the original recipe either. Also, I wouldn't
recommend any additional salt if the broth is very salty.