REC: Jill's Meatloaf
2022-01-08 15:35:55 UTC
I'm thinking about making this for dinner tonight.

2 lbs. ground beef or meatloaf mixture (gr. beef, pork & veal)
1 small yellow onion, minced
2 ribs celery, diced
1/2 bell pepper, seeded and well chopped
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1/2 c. quick cooking (not instant) rolled oats*
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c. bottled cocktail sauce

Sautee the vegetables in a bit of butter until tender. Add veggies to
the ground meat along with the other ingredients. Smoosh it all
together until well blended. Form into a loaf and place on a rack in a
roasting pan. Bake at 350F for 1 hour. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.

*Some folks will say "ewwwww" to the oatmeal as a binder. Use whatever
binder you wish. Crushed saltines, fresh bread crumbs, etc. It's the
addition of cheese and cocktail sauce that make this a really tasty
meatloaf.

Of course, the purists can make their own cocktail sauce by combining
ketchup with prepared horseradish (not horseradish sauce). Note this
goes *into* the loaf mixture, not slathered on top. :)

So could beer.
Dave Smith
2022-01-08 18:30:33 UTC
On Sat, 8 Jan 2022 10:26:48 -0800 (PST), bruce bowser
Post by bruce bowser
Post by jmcquown
[...]
Uhm, Ghe Ghe Ghe. This is my frogger. Yes. Ghe Ghe Ghe :)))))))))))
2022-01-08 23:10:49 UTC
[...]
Jill
That looks good! I've never heard of oatmeal as a binder. It's been a
few years since I've made a meatloaf; I typically would use breadcrumbs.
Never heard of one with cheese either; grandma made them plain, but
with ketchup/mustard on top before baking (or a bit of brown sugar with
ketchup).
I always put some shredded cheese in, also some diced sautéed shrooms...

And following up to bb's point, a glug or two of dark beer is good, too...
2022-01-09 04:04:12 UTC
On Sat, 8 Jan 2022 15:10:49 -0800 (PST), GM
[...]
Uhm, Dit is mijn kikker. Ghe Ghe Ghe.
2022-01-08 23:27:01 UTC
[...]
This is my own concoction. If I do say so myself, quite tasty!

I don't have any idea if either of my grandmother's made meatloaf. My
mother made the worst meatloaf in the world. Ground beef with some
minced onions, eggs, crushed saltine crackers, S&P. That's it. She
literally baked it in a bread loaf pan, so it was swimming in grease yet
somehow always managed to be very dry. No, she didn't use the drippings
to make a gravy.

I'm not a fan of meatloaf topped with ketchup. Glazes, especially those
involving sugar, on meatloaf don't interest me. Hence the use of
cocktail sauce (ketchup with prepared horseradish) *in* the mixture. It
gives it a bit of kick and also helps keep it moist. The shredded
cheese adds a bit more interest. :)

Following recipes exactly might lead to that result. They perfected it to produce very little grease.
Dave Smith
2022-01-09 12:15:52 UTC
Post by bruce bowser
Post by jmcquown
[...]
That would be "lean ground beef"... no grease leftover and basically
tasteless.
jmcquown
2022-01-09 13:24:16 UTC
[...]
LOL If that's the result I was after I'd use my mom's "recipe". ;)

2022-01-09 22:36:29 UTC
That would be "lean ground beef"... no grease leftover and basically
tasteless.
Here's a meatloaf that was stuffed with braised pork and zucchini. It was pretty awful!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/m3MEB6b1TQUp7axEA
Dave Smith
2022-01-09 23:19:15 UTC
That would be "lean ground beef"... no grease leftover and basically
tasteless.
Here's a meatloaf that was stuffed with braised pork and zucchini. It was pretty awful!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/m3MEB6b1TQUp7axEA
Have you ever thought, "What if birds were *spies*...???"
2022-01-09 23:25:11 UTC
On Sun, 9 Jan 2022 15:19:15 -0800 (PST), GM
That would be "lean ground beef"... no grease leftover and basically
tasteless.
Here's a meatloaf that was stuffed with braised pork and zucchini. It was pretty awful!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/m3MEB6b1TQUp7axEA
Have you ever thought, "What if birds were *spies*...???"
And carried little vaccination needles?
2022-01-09 13:59:57 UTC
[...]
You haven't promoted yourself as a very good cook with all that above.
She's describing her mother's meatloaf.

Tell us about your mother's pot roast.

2022-01-09 15:26:08 UTC
[...]
It's also funny that Gary is calling someone not "a very good cook."
Personally, I wouldn't want either of them cooking for me.
2022-01-09 15:28:26 UTC
[...]
You probably wouldn't like my day-to-day cooking very much, either.
I can live with that.

2022-01-09 18:06:18 UTC
On Sun, 9 Jan 2022 07:26:08 -0800 (PST), Bryan Simmons
[...]
Can you go into more detail? I don't get it
2022-01-09 17:07:58 UTC
Then please explicate on what your point was.
Explicate? Can't he just explain it?
Was it that she doesn't like glazed meatloaf?
Cindy Hamilton
I get the feeling if meatloaf isn't topped with ketchup or "glazed" Gary
wouldn't like it. My mothers meatloaf was pretty bad but we all ate it.
I doubt a ketchup glaze would have helped.
Mayo always helps.
2022-01-09 19:22:45 UTC
Then please explicate on what your point was.
Explicate? Can't he just explain it?
Was it that she doesn't like glazed meatloaf?
Cindy Hamilton
I get the feeling if meatloaf isn't topped with ketchup or "glazed" Gary
wouldn't like it. My mothers meatloaf was pretty bad but we all ate it.
I doubt a ketchup glaze would have helped.
My mother's meatloaf was bad too. Everyone's mother's meatloaf
was/is bad.
Post by Dave Smith
Mayo always helps.
Take meatloaf from bad to worse.
Of course not. This is from a meatloaf expert.

2022-01-12 12:58:32 UTC
I get the feeling if meatloaf isn't topped with ketchup or "glazed" Gary
wouldn't like it.  My mothers meatloaf was pretty bad but we all ate it.
 I doubt a ketchup glaze would have helped.
Well, I've said that before. Not that I wouldn't like it without a
ketchup (or ketchup mixed with Worcestershire sauce) topping.

I would still like it without but just not as good.
(and that's only MY tastes). The caramelized ketchup glaze is the icing
on a good cake.
Michael Trew
2022-01-10 01:32:42 UTC
[...]
I do like horseradish on a lot of things. I typically go the lazy route
and buy it ground in a jar. I think I have a jar of B&L horseradish in
my fridge now. No cocktail sauce. I occasionally have it for seafood,
but as I see it, it's just ketchup and horseradish, so if I desire it, I
just mix the two to a good consistency.
Gary
2022-01-10 12:36:08 UTC
I do like horseradish on a lot of things.  I typically go the lazy route
and buy it ground in a jar.  I think I have a jar of B&L horseradish in
my fridge now.  No cocktail sauce.  I occasionally have it for seafood,
but as I see it, it's just ketchup and horseradish, so if I desire it, I
just mix the two to a good consistency.
That's the *very* basic cocktail sauce ingredients but good stuff
contains more. Two that come to mind right now is to add some lemon
juice and some Worcestershire sauce.

I quit making it years ago as I love the shrimp taste cooked plain and
not dipped in a sauce.
Sheldon Martin
2022-01-10 13:22:57 UTC
I do like horseradish on a lot of things.  I typically go the lazy route
and buy it ground in a jar.  I think I have a jar of B&L horseradish in
my fridge now.  No cocktail sauce.  I occasionally have it for seafood,
but as I see it, it's just ketchup and horseradish, so if I desire it, I
just mix the two to a good consistency.
That's the *very* basic cocktail sauce ingredients but good stuff
contains more. Two that come to mind right now is to add some lemon
juice and some Worcestershire sauce.
I quit making it years ago as I love the shrimp taste cooked plain and
not dipped in a sauce.
What kind of shrimp do you buy?
I only like fresh in the shell shrimp, never frozen,
cooked until just done. I won't buy those bags of frozen shrimp, and I
detest breaded. I like Gold's horseradish; white for seafood, red for
meat.
https://horseradish.org/
bob
2022-01-10 14:28:12 UTC
I won't buy those bags of frozen shrimp, and I
detest breaded. I like Gold's horseradish; white for seafood, red for
meat.
https://horseradish.org/
Highly unlikely. Maybe you don't buy shrimp. Commercial shrimpers
flash freeze at sea. Maybe you have a shrimp boat or live by a shrimp
boat dock. You could order in overnight from a shrimboat. You know a
place that keeps them live in a tank within 50 miles (since you go no
further) of your casa.

Maybe you mean you don't buy any shrimp at all only the horsey sauce.

So just where do you get 'em?
Sheldon Martin
2022-01-10 17:27:54 UTC
Post by bob
Post by Sheldon Martin
I won't buy those bags of frozen shrimp, and I
detest breaded. I like Gold's horseradish; white for seafood, red for
meat.
https://horseradish.org/
Highly unlikely. Maybe you don't buy shrimp. Commercial shrimpers
flash freeze at sea. Maybe you have a shrimp boat or live by a shrimp
boat dock. You could order in overnight from a shrimboat. You know a
place that keeps them live in a tank within 50 miles (since you go no
further) of your casa.
Maybe you mean you don't buy any shrimp at all only the horsey sauce.
So just where do you get 'em?
If I really wanted I can drive to points about five miles from the sea
in about 1 1/2 hours and bring an ice chest. But every 2-3 months
friends from Coney Island and Brighton Beach visit and if I asked
they'd bring fresh shrimp. I think if I searched I could find a local
fish monger nearby who sells fresh shrimp in the Catskills. Wasn't
difficult at all and I live about an hour's drive south of Albany, NY
in the Northern Catskills.
Thing is I never looked as shrimp is not one of my favorites... I
don't eat lobster either. I can have all the real maple syrup I want
for free, neighbors are always offering, but I really don't like maple
syrup. I do take their honey, that's a favorite. Sometimes I sweeten
my coffee with honey, also good drizzled on melon, I grow melons.
https://www.yellowpages.com/catskill-ny/fish-seafood-markets
bob
2022-01-10 18:02:36 UTC
Post by bob
Post by Sheldon Martin
[...]
I would take honey, maple syrup and melons.

You did say you only "like" fresh not frozen which made me think you
actually like shrimp. I buy flash frozen shrimp in off season. When
it is bay shrimping season I get them that are still jumping. No
question not the same as frozen. Part of the year I stay about 4
blocks from the shrimp dock. Mostly small boats for bay shrimping run
by Vietnamese families. No lobsters here but of course you can get 'em
live in the tank which I do for special occasion. Around Valentines
day some markets have a sale. I like shrimp better than lobster though.
Seafood is a favorite. Last night we poached a nice chunk of halibut
in butter and shallots with a glug of white wine. Finished the
remaining white wine with it. Delicious.
Dave Smith
2022-01-10 17:34:02 UTC
.
Post by Sheldon Martin
What kind of shrimp do you buy?
I only like fresh in the shell shrimp, never frozen,
cooked until just done. I won't buy those bags of frozen shrimp, and I
detest breaded. I like Gold's horseradish; white for seafood, red for
meat.
Fresh shrimp just isn't an option for me. I am too far from the ocean,
so I have to settle for frozen. I didn't even know about Shrimp when I
was a kid. It was way too expensive. The only way to get it here was to
get the frozen breaded stuff. I loved it. Then we started being able to
get frozen shrimp, either cooked or raw. The pre-cooked stuff is bland
and I prefer to get the raw stuff. The breaded stuff I used to love is
now my least favourite way to eat it.
I live next to the ocean and we have some shrimp farms down the road from us. Most of the shrimp I buy is from S. America or from Southeast Asia. I don't know why there's no local shrimp in the markets.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Rkbxme8SvbjdKiWs9
Cindy Hamilton
2022-01-10 17:38:45 UTC
.
Post by Sheldon Martin
[...]
Perhaps the local shrimp all go to restaurant kitchens. Perhaps there are
no local shrimp in the markets for the same reason it can be difficult to find
local produce in supermarkets on the mainland: the supermarket relies on
a consistent supply chain.

2022-01-12 12:48:50 UTC
What kind of shrimp do you buy?
I only like fresh in the shell shrimp, never frozen,
I always buy raw shrimp, either fresh or frozen in 2lb bags. Both taste
fine to me. One good thing about the frozen is that they're already
split and deveined.
bob
2022-01-12 13:34:41 UTC
What kind of shrimp do you buy?
I only like fresh in the shell shrimp, never frozen,
I always buy raw shrimp, either fresh or frozen in 2lb bags. Both taste
fine to me. One good thing about the frozen is that they're already
split and deveined.
Split and deveined shrimp is the worst way to buy shrimp other than
peeled and deveined. Huge loss of flavor and most of them are farm
raised. Wild caught are far better and actually taste like shrimp.
Cindy Hamilton
2022-01-12 14:04:00 UTC
Post by bob
What kind of shrimp do you buy?
I only like fresh in the shell shrimp, never frozen,
I always buy raw shrimp, either fresh or frozen in 2lb bags. Both taste
fine to me. One good thing about the frozen is that they're already
split and deveined.
Split and deveined shrimp is the worst way to buy shrimp other than
peeled and deveined. Huge loss of flavor and most of them are farm
raised. Wild caught are far better and actually taste like shrimp.
It depends what you like. The last wild-caught shrimp I had tasted
like iodine. There was nothing intrinsically wrong with them, but
I just didn't care for their taste.

bob
2022-01-12 20:03:44 UTC
Post by bob
What kind of shrimp do you buy?
I only like fresh in the shell shrimp, never frozen,
I always buy raw shrimp, either fresh or frozen in 2lb bags. Both taste
fine to me. One good thing about the frozen is that they're already
split and deveined.
Split and deveined shrimp is the worst way to buy shrimp other than
peeled and deveined. Huge loss of flavor and most of them are farm
raised. Wild caught are far better and actually taste like shrimp.
It depends what you like. The last wild-caught shrimp I had tasted
like iodine. There was nothing intrinsically wrong with them, but
I just didn't care for their taste.
Cindy Hamilton
Most everything about food is about what you like/taste. Availability
is of course a major factor as well. What you describe is most likely
large Gulf brown shrimp but they all contain iodine as does tuna.
Whites, bay, Key West all have a different taste. We get shrimp still
kicking straight off the boat when in season, and they are remarkably
different than any that are frozen. The clear split and deveined
farmed shrimp have little flavor. They are also treated with STPP.
Cindy Hamilton
2022-01-12 20:18:26 UTC
Post by bob
[...]
I can't taste it in tuna.
Whites, bay, Key West all have a different taste. We get shrimp still
kicking straight off the boat when in season, and they are remarkably
different than any that are frozen. The clear split and deveined
farmed shrimp have little flavor. They are also treated with STPP.
Perhaps little flavor is what I'm looking for. The only freshly dead
shrimp I've ever had was eaten raw.

I avoid treated shrimp.

Michigan. A pity I don't like freshwater fish.

2022-01-09 02:35:29 UTC
[...]
Oatmeal works very well, and also some crumbled saltines will do
the trick. Rice works too, but be sure you cook it first. It's a
good use for leftover rice.

Years ago a gay guy named boatwright used to post here until Popeye
ran him off. He posted a meat loaf recipe that I think he called
"13 cracker" or something similar. It called for 13 saltines
crushed and used as the filler. I made it several times and it was
very good.
GM
2022-01-09 02:54:38 UTC
[...]
But IIRC Oh - So - Gay Lil' Wayne's recipe called for sticking the 13 magicke saltines up yer butt before
crumbling them for the loaf... I hope you DID NOT do that, Hank...!!!

I miss Lil' Wayne, I remember when she'd beller about something and cry for his mommy, Steve would
say, "Did you drop your purse?"

Lil' Wayne was southron - born, always going on about her grandmama's china and silver and how many
darkies they owned back in the slave daze...

Her "husband", David, wore the "pants" in the family, Lil' Wayne was the pillow - biter of the pair...

IIRC she went on and on about them having the first teevee set in Dixie...

Jill was his "fag hag" rfc pal...

<chuckle>
2022-01-10 01:37:36 UTC
[...]
So you didn't like him because he was homosexual? I'm not sure what
else to make of it.
GM
2022-01-10 01:40:36 UTC
[...]
*I* am homosexual, one's sexuality has naught to do with anything in this case, he had an
obnoxious persona is all...
2022-01-10 02:18:26 UTC
[...]
Well, I suppose I couldn't say, I wasn't here.

I don't care what anyone does or what anyone believes, so as long as
said beliefs aren't shoved in my face.
Dave Smith
2022-01-10 02:26:55 UTC
On Sun, 09 Jan 2022 21:18:26 -0500, Michael Trew
So you didn't like him because he was homosexual? I'm not sure what
else to make of it.
*I* am homosexual, one's sexuality has naught to do with anything in this case, he had an
obnoxious persona is all...
Well, I suppose I couldn't say, I wasn't here.
I don't care what anyone does or what anyone believes, so as long as
said beliefs aren't shoved in my face.
You'd probably say that two men or two women holding hands in public,
are shoving homosexuality in your face. But when a man and a women do
it, it's ok. You're still a fly-over bigot.
2022-01-10 02:40:13 UTC
[...]
Exactly my attitude...
Has Popeye found out you're gay?
GM
2022-01-10 04:11:10 UTC
[...]
Natcherly, decades ago on here... why would I care...???

AFAIK he considers me a somewhat "normal - brained" person, that's good
enuf for me...

;-D
Mike Duffy
2022-01-10 05:53:57 UTC
Natcherly, decades ago on here... why would I care...???
I had never noticed it because you are not pushy about it.

I suppose though, that I should apologize to you. Not for what I said to
you, but because I told Bruce once that he posted with a 'gay' accent.

Plus I should apologize to Jebus as well for anything I might have said
about Australians.

In fact, probably we should all apologize to vegans everywhere for any
generalizations we ever made about them. Most of them are not gutless
whiners.
Bryan Simmons
2022-01-10 07:43:36 UTC
Post by Mike Duffy
Post by GM
Natcherly, decades ago on here... why would I care...???
I had never noticed it because you are not pushy about it.
I suppose though, that I should apologize to you. Not for what I said to
you, but because I told Bruce once that he posted with a 'gay' accent.
No one here, other than maybe Sheldon, posts more derogatory things
about gay people than Greg.
Post by Mike Duffy
Plus I should apologize to Jebus as well for anything I might have said
about Australians.
In fact, probably we should all apologize to vegans everywhere for any
generalizations we ever made about them. Most of them are not gutless
whiners.
A lot of them *are*. Bruce could chow down a whole king cut
ribeye, and he'd still be a wriggling maggot.

2022-01-10 07:51:56 UTC
On Sun, 9 Jan 2022 23:43:36 -0800 (PST), Bryan Simmons
Post by Bryan Simmons
Post by Mike Duffy
Post by GM
Natcherly, decades ago on here... why would I care...???
I had never noticed it because you are not pushy about it.
I suppose though, that I should apologize to you. Not for what I said to
you, but because I told Bruce once that he posted with a 'gay' accent.
If I was offended by that, I wouldn't be very woke, would I? Gotta be
woke.
Post by Mike Duffy
Plus I should apologize to Jebus as well for anything I might have said
about Australians.
In fact, probably we should all apologize to vegans everywhere for any
generalizations we ever made about them. Most of them are not gutless
whiners.
A lot of them *are*. Bruce could chow down a whole king cut
ribeye, and he'd still be a wriggling maggot.
So are you saying there's nothing I can do about it? If I say "Thank
you" to you about something idiotic, will you then like and defend me?
2022-01-10 09:34:06 UTC
Post by Bryan Simmons
Post by Mike Duffy
Plus I should apologize to Jebus as well for anything I might have said
about Australians.
In fact, probably we should all apologize to vegans everywhere for any
generalizations we ever made about them. Most of them are not gutless
whiners.
A lot of them *are*. Bruce could chow down a whole king cut
ribeye, and he'd still be a wriggling maggot.
So are you saying there's nothing I can do about it? If I say "Thank
you" to you about something idiotic, will you then like and defend me?
You are fundamentally flawed, like Andy Burns, Julie Bove and
John Kuthe, a leopard of unchangeable spots. I *am* saying
there's nothing you can do about it.

2022-01-10 09:41:57 UTC
On Mon, 10 Jan 2022 01:34:06 -0800 (PST), Bryan Simmons
Post by Bryan Simmons
Post by Mike Duffy
In fact, probably we should all apologize to vegans everywhere for any
generalizations we ever made about them. Most of them are not gutless
whiners.
A lot of them *are*. Bruce could chow down a whole king cut
ribeye, and he'd still be a wriggling maggot.
So are you saying there's nothing I can do about it? If I say "Thank
you" to you about something idiotic, will you then like and defend me?
You are fundamentally flawed, like Andy Burns, Julie Bove and
John Kuthe, a leopard of unchangeable spots. I *am* saying
there's nothing you can do about it.
Thank you. (just trying)
Mike Duffy
2022-01-10 14:54:39 UTC
No one here, other than maybe Sheldon, posts more derogatory things
about gay people than Greg.
Sure. But Jews can diss Jews, Blacks can diss Blacks, &c.

Bruce can diss whiny cowards all he wants.
Post by Bryan Simmons
Bruce could chow down a whole king cut ribeye, and
he'd still be a wriggling maggot.
You never know, Bryan. Maybe as soon as the glycogen hits his brain,
he'll become a functional contributing member of our community.
Mike Duffy
2022-01-10 15:22:58 UTC
Post by Bryan Simmons
Bruce could chow down a whole king cut ribeye, and he'd still be a
wriggling maggot.
You never know, Bryan. Maybe as soon as the glycogen hits his brain,
he'll become a functional contributing member of our community.
In their minds, everyone disses everyone.
True. But normal people, like you & myself for example, only do so
externally when it is pertinent to the context of the discussion.
Bruce Zero does so compulsively.
Dave Smith
2022-01-10 18:09:19 UTC
On Mon, 10 Jan 2022 15:22:58 -0000 (UTC), Mike Duffy
Post by Mike Duffy
Post by Bryan Simmons
Bruce could chow down a whole king cut ribeye, and he'd still be a
wriggling maggot.
You never know, Bryan. Maybe as soon as the glycogen hits his brain,
he'll become a functional contributing member of our community.
In their minds, everyone disses everyone.
True. But normal people, like you & myself for example, only do so
externally when it is pertinent to the context of the discussion.
Bruce Zero does so compulsively.
It's just that it's very often pertinent to the discussion.
Ophelia
2022-01-10 15:46:17 UTC
Post by Bryan Simmons
Bruce could chow down a whole king cut ribeye, and
he'd still be a wriggling maggot.
You never know, Bryan. Maybe as soon as the glycogen hits his brain,
he'll become a functional contributing member of our community.
I just don't understand this group sometimes:(

I don't remember Bruce acting like the group here says he does! I get
the same problems! Is this real or is it that you just like foreigners here?
i***@webtv.net
2022-01-10 16:16:54 UTC
Post by Ophelia
I just don't understand this group sometimes:(
I don't remember Bruce acting like the group here says he does!  I get
the same problems! Is this real or is it that you just like foreigners here?
Bruce has always gone out of his way to be an asshole
and rip Americans, if you can't see that you're blind.
Dave Smith
2022-01-10 18:12:19 UTC
Post by Ophelia
I just don't understand this group sometimes:(
I don't remember Bruce acting like the group here says he does!  I get
the same problems! Is this real or is it that you just like foreigners here?
Bruce has always gone out of his way to be an asshole
and rip Americans, if you can't see that you're blind.
Just minor corrections, dear.
2022-01-10 19:51:57 UTC
Post by Ophelia
I just don't understand this group sometimes:(
I don't remember Bruce acting like the group here says he does!Â
She has bigger problems than her sight.
i***@webtv.net
You and my frogger have both hit the nail on the head!
Dave Smith
2022-01-10 21:03:49 UTC
Post by Ophelia
I just don't understand this group sometimes:(
I don't remember Bruce acting like the group here says he does! I get
the same problems! Is this real or is it that you just like foreigners here?
Bruce has always gone out of his way to be an asshole
and rip Americans, if you can't see that you're blind.
I never thought I'd live to see the day that I actually agree with something
my frogger says!! Good job, froggy! But senile OhFeelMe won't see either
of these posts, she has us kill filed.
Dave Smith
2022-01-10 21:08:39 UTC
Post by Ophelia
I just don't understand this group sometimes:(
I don't remember Bruce acting like the group here says he does! I get
the same problems! Is this real or is it that you just like foreigners here?
Bruce has always gone out of his way to be an asshole
and rip Americans, if you can't see that you're blind.
I never thought I'd live to see the day that I actually agree with something
my frogger says!! Good job, froggy!
Have I been hurting American feelings lately? You never complained
about that. How could I know? I always say the US is my favourite
superpower and part of the civilised world, as opposed to fascist
China and thug state Russia. There, that's practically a declaration
of love!
2022-01-10 22:30:44 UTC
Post by Ophelia
I just don't understand this group sometimes:(
I don't remember Bruce acting like the group here says he does! I get
the same problems! Is this real or is it that you just like foreigners here?
Bruce has always gone out of his way to be an asshole
and rip Americans, if you can't see that you're blind.
I never thought I'd live to see the day that I actually agree with something
my frogger says!! Good job, froggy! But senile OhFeelMe won't see either
of these posts, she has us kill filed.
It's hard to understand how somebody can be that blind, or so
selective in their perceptions.
Janet
2022-01-11 12:21:44 UTC
Post by Ophelia
I just don't understand this group sometimes:(
I don't remember Bruce acting like the group here says he does! I get
the same problems! Is this real or is it that you just like foreigners here?
Bruce has always gone out of his way to be an asshole
and rip Americans, if you can't see that you're blind.
I never thought I'd live to see the day that I actually agree with something
my frogger says!! Good job, froggy! But senile OhFeelMe won't see either
of these posts, she has us kill filed.
It's hard to understand how somebody can be that blind, or so
selective in their perceptions.
Not to previous posters from ukfood+drink misc.
Same old, same old troll puppetmistress.

Janet UK
Hank Rogers
2022-01-10 23:50:22 UTC
Post by Ophelia
I just don't understand this group sometimes:(
I don't remember Bruce acting like the group here says he does! I get
the same problems! Is this real or is it that you just like foreigners here?
Bruce has always gone out of his way to be an asshole
and rip Americans, if you can't see that you're blind.
I never thought I'd live to see the day that I actually agree with something
my frogger says!! Good job, froggy! But senile OhFeelMe won't see either
of these posts, she has us kill filed.
Probably has everyone filtered except her master and cshink.

(and julie before she fell in love and eloped)
Jeßus
2022-01-10 23:08:41 UTC
Post by Ophelia
I just don't understand this group sometimes:(
I don't remember Bruce acting like the group here says he does!  I get
the same problems! Is this real or is it that you just like foreigners here?
Bruce has always gone out of his way to be an asshole
and rip Americans, if you can't see that you're blind.
She's completely blind to it. And yet, notices even the *slightest*
thing that could be perceived as negative if it involves her.

My last 'crime' was commenting 'LOL' to somebody who replied to her, a
long time ago now.
Dave Smith
2022-01-10 18:11:54 UTC
Post by Ophelia
Post by Bryan Simmons
Bruce could chow down a whole king cut ribeye, and
he'd still be a wriggling maggot.
You never know, Bryan. Maybe as soon as the glycogen hits his brain,
he'll become a functional contributing member of our community.
I just don't understand this group sometimes:(
I don't remember Bruce acting like the group here says he does! I get
the same problems! Is this real or is it that you just like foreigners here?
They're North Americans. Remember the witch hunts in the US? They
become psychotic as a group and go like this:

2022-01-10 18:53:25 UTC
On Tue, 11 Jan 2022 05:11:54 +1100, Dave Smith
Post by Dave Smith
Post by Ophelia
Post by Bryan Simmons
Bruce could chow down a whole king cut ribeye, and
he'd still be a wriggling maggot.
You never know, Bryan. Maybe as soon as the glycogen hits his brain,
he'll become a functional contributing member of our community.
I just don't understand this group sometimes:(
I don't remember Bruce acting like the group here says he does! I get
the same problems! Is this real or is it that you just like foreigners here?
They're North Americans. Remember the witch hunts in the US? They
http://youtu.be/Md7OvU5JIcI
Uhm, Dit is mijn kikker. Ghe Ghe Ghe.
Utterly not on planet Earth, at all.
Dave Smith
2022-01-10 18:08:03 UTC
On Mon, 10 Jan 2022 14:54:39 -0000 (UTC), Mike Duffy
Post by Mike Duffy
Post by Bryan Simmons
No one here, other than maybe Sheldon, posts more derogatory things
about gay people than Greg.
Sure. But Jews can diss Jews, Blacks can diss Blacks, &c.
Bruce can diss whiny cowards all he wants.
Thanks, that's a reassuring idea.
Post by Mike Duffy
Post by Bryan Simmons
Bruce could chow down a whole king cut ribeye, and
he'd still be a wriggling maggot.
You never know, Bryan. Maybe as soon as the glycogen hits his brain,
he'll become a functional contributing member of our community.
But I already am. Nobody posts as many ingredient lists! I post at
least one a week!
2022-01-10 22:15:39 UTC
Post by Mike Duffy
Post by GM
Natcherly, decades ago on here... why would I care...???
I had never noticed it because you are not pushy about it.
I suppose though, that I should apologize to you. Not for what I said to
you, but because I told Bruce once that he posted with a 'gay' accent.
Plus I should apologize to Jebus as well for anything I might have said
about Australians.
It's OK, I'm not mindlessly tribal. I personally dislike most
Australians these days, anyway. Americans tend to be more open-minded
and tolerant of others*
Post by Mike Duffy
In fact, probably we should all apologize to vegans everywhere for any
generalizations we ever made about them. Most of them are not gutless
whiners.
Probably true, it's hard to tell one way or the other.
Of course, all the vegans you DON'T hear from or know about are the
good ones.

The vocal types are just obnoxious, same for anyone else who can't
live their lives without shoving their 'identity' in your face every
single day.

*Yes..... this is debatable, open to interpretation etc. But I stand
by my comment.
Dave Smith
2022-01-10 22:20:36 UTC
Post by Mike Duffy
I had never noticed it because you are not pushy about it.
I suppose though, that I should apologize to you. Not for what I said to
you, but because I told Bruce once that he posted with a 'gay' accent.
Plus I should apologize to Jebus as well for anything I might have said
about Australians.
It's OK, I'm not mindlessly tribal. I personally dislike most
Australians these days, anyway. Americans tend to be more open-minded
and tolerant of others*
Lol, translation: Most Australians don't like Jebus very much.
Anti-vaxxers aren't popular.
Post by Dave Smith
Post by Mike Duffy
In fact, probably we should all apologize to vegans everywhere for any
generalizations we ever made about them. Most of them are not gutless
whiners.
Probably true, it's hard to tell one way or the other.
Of course, all the vegans you DON'T hear from or know about are the
good ones.
True.
Mike Duffy
2022-01-10 15:01:58 UTC
I don't see any reason why anyone feels the need
to tell about their sexual habits or preferences.
Except John, and his reason is he's bonkers.
Dave Smith
2022-01-10 01:53:01 UTC
On Sun, 09 Jan 2022 20:37:36 -0500, Michael Trew
But IIRC Oh - So - Gay Lil' Wayne's recipe called for sticking the 13 magicke saltines up yer butt before
crumbling them for the loaf... I hope you DID NOT do that, Hank...!!!
I miss Lil' Wayne, I remember when she'd beller about something and cry for his mommy, Steve would
say, "Did you drop your purse?"
Lil' Wayne was southron - born, always going on about her grandmama's china and silver and how many
darkies they owned back in the slave daze...
Her "husband", David, wore the "pants" in the family, Lil' Wayne was the pillow - biter of the pair...
IIRC she went on and on about them having the first teevee set in Dixie...
Jill was his "fag hag" rfc pal...
<chuckle>
So you didn't like him because he was homosexual? I'm not sure what
else to make of it.
Greg's a homophobe homosexual. People like that are always the most
fucked up. Hating yourself isn't exactly a promising starting point
for how you relate to the rest of the world.
2022-01-10 19:03:59 UTC
On Mon, 10 Jan 2022 12:53:01 +1100, Dave Smith
Post by Dave Smith
[...]
This is not my frogger.

Uhm, Ghe Ghe Ghe.
Dave Smith
2022-01-10 01:36:45 UTC
[...]
I've heard him mentioned a few times. I drug a few old posts up to
read. I though Jill or someone said that he was older than Sheldon...
he might not be alive anymore. Sounds like a job for detective Steve...
although he's been slacking... I have no answers on the Victor Sack
case. ;)
Dave Smith
2022-01-10 01:54:39 UTC
On Sun, 09 Jan 2022 20:36:45 -0500, Michael Trew
That looks good! I've never heard of oatmeal as a binder. It's been
a few years since I've made a meatloaf; I typically would use
breadcrumbs. Never heard of one with cheese either; grandma made them
plain, but with ketchup/mustard on top before baking (or a bit of
brown sugar with ketchup).
Oatmeal works very well, and also some crumbled saltines will do the
trick. Rice works too, but be sure you cook it first. It's a good use
for leftover rice.
Years ago a gay guy named boatwright used to post here until Popeye ran
him off. He posted a meat loaf recipe that I think he called "13
cracker" or something similar. It called for 13 saltines crushed and
used as the filler. I made it several times and it was very good.
Greg and Sheldon drove him off. Oh well, he's a sinner anyway, right
Michael?

Uhm, Ghe Ghe Ghe.
Dave Smith
2022-01-09 04:04:30 UTC
On Sat, 08 Jan 2022 16:08:22 -0700, Dave Smith
On Sat, 08 Jan 2022 18:05:57 -0500, Michael Trew
Post by jmcquown
[...]
Yes. Ghe Ghe Ghe :)))))))))))
Uhm, Dit is mijn kikker. Ghe Ghe Ghe.
2022-01-09 12:59:55 UTC
Of course, the purists can make their own cocktail sauce by combining
ketchup with prepared horseradish (not horseradish sauce).
Because using bottle ketchup as an ingredient becomes "pure"
if you further adulterate the ketchup before adding it.
https://www.pinterest.com/rowanvamp0/vintage-recipe-magazine-ads/
2022-01-09 17:09:11 UTC
I'm thinking about making this for dinner tonight.
2 lbs. ground beef or meatloaf mixture (gr. beef, pork & veal)
1 small yellow onion, minced
2 ribs celery, diced
1/2 bell pepper, seeded and well chopped
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1/2 c. quick cooking (not instant) rolled oats*
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c. bottled cocktail sauce
Nah. I had meatloaf all last week - Make something else.