Breakfast for Dinner 1/2/2022
2022-01-02 21:36:19 UTC
I've done quite a bit of cooking in the last few days so tonight I want
quick and simple. I baked a pan of buttermilk biscuits this morning.

Tonight it will be 2 eggs with cheese, bacon and a buttered fluffy
Southern biscuit. :)

2022-01-02 21:47:09 UTC
I've done quite a bit of cooking in the last few days so tonight I want
quick and simple. I baked a pan of buttermilk biscuits this morning.
Tonight it will be 2 eggs with cheese, bacon and a buttered fluffy
Southern biscuit. :)
And the same breakfast 15 hours from now too Jill, huh?
The Bowser would like to know?

If you don't mind.
Michael Trew
2022-01-03 01:04:03 UTC
Post by bruce bowser
Post by jmcquown
I've done quite a bit of cooking in the last few days so tonight I want
quick and simple. I baked a pan of buttermilk biscuits this morning.
Tonight it will be 2 eggs with cheese, bacon and a buttered fluffy
Southern biscuit. :)
And the same breakfast 15 hours from now too Jill, huh?
The Bowser would like to know?
If you don't mind.
LOL

Biscuits, eggs, and cheese with bacon sounds like a great breakfast
sandwich to me.
Bruce
Ghe
jmcquown
2022-01-03 21:45:26 UTC
Post by bruce bowser
Post by jmcquown
I've done quite a bit of cooking in the last few days so tonight I want
quick and simple. I baked a pan of buttermilk biscuits this morning.
Tonight it will be 2 eggs with cheese, bacon and a buttered fluffy
Southern biscuit. :)
And the same breakfast 15 hours from now too Jill, huh?
The Bowser would like to know?
If you don't mind.
LOL
Biscuits, eggs, and cheese with bacon sounds like a great breakfast
sandwich to me.
I don't eat breakfast, except occasionally on weekends.

Uhm, Ghe Ghe Ghe. This is my frogger. Yes. Ghe Ghe Ghe :)))))))))))
Bruce 3
2022-01-04 19:53:05 UTC
On Tue, 04 Jan 2022 14:44:38 -0500, Michael Trew
Post by bruce bowser
Post by jmcquown
I've done quite a bit of cooking in the last few days so tonight I want
quick and simple. I baked a pan of buttermilk biscuits this morning.
Tonight it will be 2 eggs with cheese, bacon and a buttered fluffy
Southern biscuit. :)
And the same breakfast 15 hours from now too Jill, huh?
The Bowser would like to know?
If you don't mind.
LOL
Biscuits, eggs, and cheese with bacon sounds like a great breakfast
sandwich to me.
I don't eat breakfast, except occasionally on weekends.
Jill
I rarely do myself; If I make a "big breakfast", it's more a brunch for
a 2-meal day. If I have a breakfast, that's usually a couple cups of
plain black coffee, and a couple of pieces of buttered toast.
Uhm, Ghe Ghe Ghe. This is my frogger. Yes. Ghe Ghe Ghe :)))))))))))
i***@webtv.net
2022-01-02 22:38:06 UTC
I've done quite a bit of cooking in the last few days so tonight I want
quick and simple. I baked a pan of buttermilk biscuits this morning.
Tonight it will be 2 eggs with cheese, bacon and a buttered fluffy
Southern biscuit. :)
Jill
I could dive right into that! Gravy, too??

Tonight it's going to be a garden salad here. This morning I cooked
some cubed 'grilled' chicken cubes/chunks according to the package
directions and it's resting in the refrigerator as I write. Tomatoes and
cheese will be in this salad as well as some croutons.
Bryan Simmons
2022-01-02 23:51:32 UTC
I've done quite a bit of cooking in the last few days so tonight I want
quick and simple. I baked a pan of buttermilk biscuits this morning.
Tonight it will be 2 eggs with cheese, bacon and a buttered fluffy
Southern biscuit. :)
Jill
I could dive right into that! Gravy, too??
Tonight it's going to be a garden salad here. This morning I cooked
some cubed 'grilled' chicken cubes/chunks according to the package
directions and it's resting in the refrigerator as I write. Tomatoes and
cheese will be in this salad as well as some croutons.
My son has been back 3 days, and he misses Mexican. Steak and
beans. Salsas and avocado.

Are you and your wife now on a snowflake friendly diet?
Bruce
Dit is mijn kikker. Ghe Ghe Ghe.
Bryan Simmons
2022-01-03 09:27:53 UTC
Post by jmcquown
I've done quite a bit of cooking in the last few days so tonight I want
quick and simple. I baked a pan of buttermilk biscuits this morning.
Tonight it will be 2 eggs with cheese, bacon and a buttered fluffy
Southern biscuit. :)
Jill
I could dive right into that! Gravy, too??
Tonight it's going to be a garden salad here. This morning I cooked
some cubed 'grilled' chicken cubes/chunks according to the package
directions and it's resting in the refrigerator as I write. Tomatoes and
cheese will be in this salad as well as some croutons.
My son has been back 3 days, and he misses Mexican. Steak and
beans. Salsas and avocado.
Are you and your wife now on a snowflake friendly diet?
Pretty soon I'll be calling him boss. Not really, but by this time next
year I might well be working for him. He earned more money than me
last year, and wants to hire me to be the business manager. Cooking
things that make other people happy is a joy. That might be difficult
for you to grasp, since you're not really that into cooking. You're here
to sniff asses.

2022-01-03 09:31:19 UTC
On Mon, 3 Jan 2022 01:27:53 -0800 (PST), Bryan Simmons
Are you and your wife now on a snowflake friendly diet?
Pretty soon I'll be calling him boss. Not really, but by this time next
year I might well be working for him. He earned more money than me
last year, and wants to hire me to be the business manager. Cooking
things that make other people happy is a joy. That might be difficult
for you to grasp, since you're not really that into cooking. You're here
to sniff asses.
So your snowflake's barely out of the egg and he already wants to hire
his loser father as his underling. Let's hope he doesn't google your
pervy contributions to rfc. He might look for someone else.
Bruce
This is my frogger.
Bruce
Dit is mijn kikker. Ghe Ghe Ghe.
Bruce
2022-01-03 19:53:44 UTC
[...] wants to hire me to be the business manager.
Cooking things that make other people happy is a joy.
What kind of business? It sounds like a perfect job to transition to a
retirement rich in personal satisfaction.
I just don't see him being so busy that he needs others to make important
business decisions. You need to have a pretty big business before it's
worth hiring anyone to make a large number of minor decisions.
A consultant, sure. But I would expect you to do that pro bono.
Yes. Ghe Ghe Ghe :)))))))))))
US Janet
2022-01-03 02:16:58 UTC
On Sun, 2 Jan 2022 15:51:32 -0800 (PST), Bryan Simmons
I've done quite a bit of cooking in the last few days so tonight I want
quick and simple. I baked a pan of buttermilk biscuits this morning.
Tonight it will be 2 eggs with cheese, bacon and a buttered fluffy
Southern biscuit. :)
Jill
I could dive right into that! Gravy, too??
Tonight it's going to be a garden salad here. This morning I cooked
some cubed 'grilled' chicken cubes/chunks according to the package
directions and it's resting in the refrigerator as I write. Tomatoes and
cheese will be in this salad as well as some croutons.
My son has been back 3 days, and he misses Mexican. Steak and
beans. Salsas and avocado.
--Bryan
Tomorrow is Cheese Enchiladas with salsa verde and Colby Jack cheese.
Janet US
Bruce
Bruce
2022-01-03 21:16:55 UTC
On Mon, 3 Jan 2022 13:09:32 -0800 (PST), bruce bowser
Post by jmcquown
I've done quite a bit of cooking in the last few days so tonight I want
quick and simple. I baked a pan of buttermilk biscuits this morning.
Tonight it will be 2 eggs with cheese, bacon and a buttered fluffy
Southern biscuit. :)
Jill
I could dive right into that! Gravy, too??
Adding sausage gravy and hash browns would have been great!
What's sausage gravy? A squeezed sausage?
Bruce
This is my frogger.
Bryan Simmons
2022-01-04 01:37:29 UTC
Post by jmcquown
I've done quite a bit of cooking in the last few days so tonight I want
quick and simple. I baked a pan of buttermilk biscuits this morning.
Tonight it will be 2 eggs with cheese, bacon and a buttered fluffy
Southern biscuit. :)
Jill
I could dive right into that! Gravy, too??
Adding sausage gravy and hash browns would have been great!
What's sausage gravy? A squeezed sausage?
Fry the sausage. Remove it from the pan to crumble when it cools off.
Make a slurry with flour and milk, and pour it into the sausage pan. Bring
to simmer, stirring continuously. S&P to taste. Stir in crumbled sausage.
It's not all that good by itself, but is worse poured over biscuits because
that's just too much flour. If it is made thinner, and with corn starch
instead of AP, and riched up with extra cream, it can be a cream of
sausage soup.

2022-01-04 01:55:05 UTC
On Mon, 3 Jan 2022 17:37:29 -0800 (PST), Bryan Simmons
Post by jmcquown
[...]
Thanks. If xxx gravy starts with "Fry the xxx", I wonder if you can
also make tofu gravy that way.
Bruce 1
This is my frogger.
Bruce 1
Gary
2022-01-04 13:45:58 UTC
Post by jmcquown
[...]
Who the hell taught you to cook?

Sausage gravy:
- make a roux using sausage grease and flour
- stir in milk to make gravy
- pour thickened gravy over the meal.

Not very healthy but it sure does taste good.
Michael Trew
2022-01-04 19:42:04 UTC
Post by jmcquown
[...]
Yes, that's how I make it. It seems that a "slurry" is with cornstarch.
I can't say that I've made sausage gravy with corn starch, but I don't
care to find out. Gravy works just fine and well with flour.
Bruce 4
Yes. Ghe Ghe Ghe :)))))))))))
Bruce 4
2022-01-04 20:08:31 UTC
On Tue, 04 Jan 2022 14:43:18 -0500, Michael Trew
Post by jmcquown
[...]
What do you do with the meat that you cooked to make the sausage
grease? Save it for another meal?
Cindy Hamilton
I would think that most crumble it up into the gravy afterward. I made
the mistake once of crumbling it into the grease... it absorbed all of
the grease, and the flour coated the sausage... the gravy didn't come
out nearly as well that time. When I make it, I only use 2-3 round
sausage patties.
2022-01-06 15:05:04 UTC
What do you do with the meat that you cooked to make the sausage
grease? Save it for another meal?
I've never made sausage gravy but I do know how to.

My last use for the cooked sausage:
Spaghetti with meat sauce, using the hot sausage instead of ground beef.
Loved it and plan to make it again very soon.
Arn0
2022-01-06 22:09:59 UTC
I don't care much for breakfast sausage, it's
too sagey, not my favorite flavor.
Then you're buying the wrong brand of sausage if it's got too much
sage for your tastebuds.
jmcquown
2022-01-07 00:25:50 UTC
I don't care much for breakfast sausage, it's
too sagey, not my favorite flavor.
Then you're buying the wrong brand of sausage if it's got too much
sage for your tastebuds.
Yep, there are *many* different brands. But hey, he grinds his own meat
so he could add or subtract the sage or leave it out, do whatever he
wants to. I suspect he just doesn't like ground "breakfast" sausage,
period. Sausage gravy is never going to be something he'll want to eat.
The closest he's ever come to sausage gravy is calling ground beef in
milk gravy "SOS". Nope, not even close. :)

2022-01-07 00:46:27 UTC
I don't care much for breakfast sausage, it's
too sagey, not my favorite flavor.
Then you're buying the wrong brand of sausage if it's got too much
sage for your tastebuds.
Yep, there are *many* different brands. But hey, he grinds his own meat
so he could add or subtract the sage or leave it out, do whatever he
wants to. I suspect he just doesn't like ground "breakfast" sausage,
period. Sausage gravy is never going to be something he'll want to eat.
The closest he's ever come to sausage gravy is calling ground beef in
milk gravy "SOS". Nope, not even close. :)
Jill
I can't remember the last time I ate any kind of sausage for
breakfast, not something I'd want. To me breakfast is a caraffe of
strong black coffee.
I'm not into sausage for breakfast, lunch, dinner. If I never ate
sausage again it'd be nothing I've missed. Sausage is one of my least
favorite foods.
Michael Trew
Same here, perhaps with a slice or two of buttered toast.
Bryan Simmons
2022-01-07 10:46:24 UTC
I don't care much for breakfast sausage, it's
too sagey, not my favorite flavor.
Then you're buying the wrong brand of sausage if it's got too much
sage for your tastebuds.
That word grates on folks who know what taste buds actually are.
Yep, there are *many* different brands. But hey, he grinds his own meat
so he could add or subtract the sage or leave it out, do whatever he
wants to. I suspect he just doesn't like ground "breakfast" sausage,
period. Sausage gravy is never going to be something he'll want to eat.
The closest he's ever come to sausage gravy is calling ground beef in
milk gravy "SOS". Nope, not even close. :)
Jill
I can't remember the last time I ate any kind of sausage for
breakfast, not something I'd want. To me breakfast is a caraffe of
strong black coffee.
Same here, perhaps with a slice or two of buttered toast.
I wish I had me some sausage right now, but I'm not going
out into this 15F weather to get it. I do have bacon. We had
bacon, eggs and home fries yesterday.

2022-01-07 19:24:50 UTC
On Fri, 07 Jan 2022 14:16:49 -0500, Michael Trew
[...]
I keep individually frozen breakfast sausage patties in my cellar freezer.
That sounds delicious, but too heavy of a breakfast for me, unless I'm
lounging at home for the next few hours. Otherwise, it would hit the
spot around noon if I skipped breakfast (or only had coffee in the
morning).
Uhm, Ghe Ghe Ghe. This is my frogger. Yes. Ghe Ghe Ghe :)))))))))))
2022-01-07 09:45:24 UTC
[...]
Apparently, you only like it when it's spelled saw-seege.

2022-01-06 22:11:02 UTC
Spaghetti with meat sauce, using the hot sausage instead of ground beef.
Loved it and plan to make it again very soon.
I'm trying to picture sausage gravy made with Italian sausage or Italian
food made with regular, sage-flavored breakfast sausage. Neither one
of those is appealing.
Cindy Hamilton
That makes two of us.
jmcquown
2022-01-07 00:37:06 UTC
Spaghetti with meat sauce, using the hot sausage instead of ground beef.
Loved it and plan to make it again very soon.
I'm trying to picture sausage gravy made with Italian sausage or Italian
food made with regular, sage-flavored breakfast sausage. Neither one
of those is appealing.
Cindy Hamilton
That makes two of us.
Of course he's using the term "gravy" to mean red sauce. Not breakfast
sausage gravy on biscuits.

2022-01-07 14:50:51 UTC
Spaghetti with meat sauce, using the hot sausage instead of ground beef.
Loved it and plan to make it again very soon.
I'm trying to picture sausage gravy made with Italian sausage or Italian
food made with regular, sage-flavored breakfast sausage. Neither one
of those is appealing.
Cindy Hamilton
That makes two of us.
Naturally you don't like anything good. You live in gnashville. There is
much wailing and gnashing of teeth in your area. :)
Gary
2022-01-08 11:50:29 UTC
I'm trying to picture sausage gravy made with Italian sausage or Italian
food made with regular, sage-flavored breakfast sausage. Neither one
of those is appealing.
Cindy Hamilton
That makes two of us.
Naturally you don't like anything good. You live in gnashville. There is
much wailing and gnashing of teeth in your area. :)
"Good" is subjective and you haven't a clue of what happens anywhere
a block from your apartment in Furginia much less in other parts of the
country. Keep trying though Garish.
Wow. You really are a mean one, Joan. Funny though. :)
Bryan Simmons
2022-01-07 01:13:13 UTC
What do you do with the meat that you cooked to make the sausage
grease? Save it for another meal?
I've never made sausage gravy but I do know how to.
Spaghetti with meat sauce, using the hot sausage instead of ground beef.
Loved it and plan to make it again very soon.
I'm trying to picture sausage gravy made with Italian sausage or Italian
food made with regular, sage-flavored breakfast sausage. Neither one
of those is appealing.
I agree, and I love both. Here's what we had for a light dinner
this evening.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/***@N08/albums/72177720295778672
I mixed some masa with water and a little salt, made patties,
and pan fried them in sunflower oil. Cheese, avocado and
salsas. Still not feeling well, but I took a test, and it's not
Covid, so back to work I go, at least for a couple of hours
tomorrow to do a few things that I can do far more
efficiently than anyone else there, and if I still feel bad, I'll
leave, and have 2 days to rest.
2022-01-07 14:57:22 UTC
What do you do with the meat that you cooked to make the sausage
grease? Save it for another meal?
I've never made sausage gravy but I do know how to.
Spaghetti with meat sauce, using the hot sausage instead of ground beef.
Loved it and plan to make it again very soon.
I'm trying to picture sausage gravy made with Italian sausage or Italian
food made with regular, sage-flavored breakfast sausage. Neither one
of those is appealing.
Spaghetti with red sauce using a pound of hot breakfast sausage instead
of ground beef. It's a nice upgrade. I'll do it again soon. Sorry you
can't "picture" it. :)
- 24 oz can of spaghetti sauce
- medium onion chopped
- 16 oz hot breakfast sausage, cooked, chopped and drained
- 8-12 oz of your favorite pasta.
No, thanks. We use hot Italian sausage. Hot breakfast sausage
is for stuffing the turkey, which is compatible with the sage flavor.

I haven't used ground beef in spaghetti sauce in 35 years.

2022-01-07 18:49:44 UTC
[...]
I haven't used crumbled ground beef in spaghetti sauce. Meatballs
are cooked in meatless sauce.

Yoose need to get Popeye's recipe for meat-a-balles.
Dave Smith
2022-01-07 19:14:50 UTC
[...]
My grandma always used ground beef in spaghetti. That's why I didn't
like her spaghetti. Reminds me of "hamburger helper"... ICK.

When I have spaghetti, I will rarely make nice big home made meat balls.
More frequently, I have spaghetti as a meatless dish.
Dave Smith
2022-01-07 19:38:32 UTC
[...]
Back in the old days, most Americans ate canned spaghetti, with or without ground beef. Some people put squares of American cheese on it to melt into the sauce. When I was a kid, canned spaghetti was all we had.
My understanding is that the Brits and New Zealanders like to eat canned spaghetti on toast. I suppose Italians thought that it was pretty awful stuff.
Dave Smith
2022-01-09 18:31:24 UTC
On Tue, 04 Jan 2022 14:41:03 -0500, Michael Trew
Post by jmcquown
I've done quite a bit of cooking in the last few days so tonight I want
quick and simple. I baked a pan of buttermilk biscuits this morning.
Tonight it will be 2 eggs with cheese, bacon and a buttered fluffy
Southern biscuit. :)
Jill
I could dive right into that! Gravy, too??
Adding sausage gravy and hash browns would have been great!
What's sausage gravy? A squeezed sausage?
Fry the sausage. Remove it from the pan to crumble when it cools off.
Make a slurry with flour and milk, and pour it into the sausage pan. Bring
to simmer, stirring continuously. S&P to taste. Stir in crumbled sausage.
Bruce knows what it is, he's trolling again. It's been discussed enough
here.
Post by Bryan Simmons
It's not all that good by itself, but is worse poured over biscuits because
that's just too much flour.
In your opinion. Sausage gravy and biscuits would be one of my favorite
breakfasts, personally. Not all of the time, of course, but a few times
per year.
Can you go into more detail? I don't get it
2022-01-03 21:43:40 UTC
I've done quite a bit of cooking in the last few days so tonight I want
quick and simple. I baked a pan of buttermilk biscuits this morning.
Tonight it will be 2 eggs with cheese, bacon and a buttered fluffy
Southern biscuit. :)
Jill
I could dive right into that! Gravy, too??
No gravy.
Post by i***@webtv.net
Tonight it's going to be a garden salad here. This morning I cooked
some cubed 'grilled' chicken cubes/chunks according to the package
directions and it's resting in the refrigerator as I write. Tomatoes and
cheese will be in this salad as well as some croutons.
Hope you enjoyed your meal! :)

2022-01-04 01:21:33 UTC
I could dive right into that! Gravy, too??
Adding sausage gravy and hash browns would have been great!
I could go with the addition of sausage to the gravy but no hashbrowns,
just too many carbs for me.
Uhm, Ghe Ghe Ghe. This is my frogger. Yes. Ghe Ghe Ghe :)))))))))))
Sheldon Martin
2022-01-04 00:18:39 UTC
On Mon, 3 Jan 2022 Bruce wrote:
“So you want President Harris?”

Haahaaahaaahehhehhehhahaha...
I betcha Harris laughs/cackles like
an old hen when when she's getting fucked.
GM
2022-01-04 00:31:07 UTC
“So you want President Harris?”
Haahaaahaaahehhehhehhahaha...
I betcha Harris laughs/cackles like
an old hen when when she's getting fucked.
She's not called "Heels UP Harris" for nothing, you know...

Married black Frisco Mayor Willie* Brown (60) sure did find "safe harbor" between the sweet juicy legs of a then - 29
year - old Kamala... natcherly she claims they were "just dating", and this had NOTHING to do with her subsequent
political "rise"...

[ * "Willie* - hehe... ]

<snicker>
bruce bowser
So? No laws were broken. Any proof otherwise, GM? You're slowing down.
Cindy Hamilton
2022-01-04 10:02:47 UTC
“So you want President Harris?”
Haahaaahaaahehhehhehhahaha...
I betcha Harris laughs/cackles like
an old hen when when she's getting fucked.
She's not called "Heels UP Harris" for nothing, you know...
Married black Frisco Mayor Willie* Brown (60) sure did find "safe harbor" between the sweet juicy legs of a then - 29
year - old Kamala... natcherly she claims they were "just dating", and this had NOTHING to do with her subsequent
political "rise"...
[ * "Willie* - hehe... ]
<snicker>
Is there some reason that all the shame accrues to Harris and none to Brown?

Cindy Hamilton
Graham
And nothing about his hero who has the morals of an alley cat.
Arnie
Uhm, Ghe Ghe Ghe.
Michael Trew
2022-01-04 19:46:11 UTC
“So you want President Harris?”
Haahaaahaaahehhehhehhahaha...
I betcha Harris laughs/cackles like
an old hen when when she's getting fucked.
She's not called "Heels UP Harris" for nothing, you know...
Married black Frisco Mayor Willie* Brown (60) sure did find "safe harbor" between the sweet juicy legs of a then - 29
year - old Kamala... natcherly she claims they were "just dating", and this had NOTHING to do with her subsequent
political "rise"...
[ * "Willie* - hehe... ]
<snicker>
Is there some reason that all the shame accrues to Harris and none to Brown?
Chauvinistic trolls like GM-Hank Rogers like to blame women first? I don't know.
I think Greg has upset the Bowser... heh
Bruce 4
Yes. Ghe Ghe Ghe :)))))))))))
Arnie
Uhm, Ghe Ghe Ghe.
Dave Smith
Bruce
2022-01-04 01:21:49 UTC
On Mon, 3 Jan 2022 15:52:07 -0800 (PST), Bruce
Post by jmcquown
I've done quite a bit of cooking in the last few days so tonight I want
quick and simple. I baked a pan of buttermilk biscuits this morning.
Tonight it will be 2 eggs with cheese, bacon and a buttered fluffy
Southern biscuit. :)
Jill
Everyone knows that Biden may be chronologically 78, but mentally and physically he is at best 95 or more.
People sense that he is failing at a geometric rate that makes his ability to last even another year “problematic.”
Apparently, Biden’s handlers believe in the next three years he can imitate the last few months of Woodrow Wilson’s
presidency, where the inactive president was kept incommunicado in bed while the wall of his family and close
associates deluded the country and lied about Wilson’s true health condition.
Kamala Harris plays a bad Spiro Agnew. True, she is so incompetent that calls to ask Biden to step down resemble
the early voices who asked the same of Nixon but were met with, “So you want Agnew?”
But unlike Agnew who resigned in disgrace after pleading nolo contendere to a single charge of tax evasion, Kamala
Harris is in no legal jeopardy. And so, the idea of a “President Harris” who is not non compos mentis apparently is
more frightening to the public than keeping Joe Biden who is non compos mentis. And thus, talk of Biden’s diminishing
capacity always is interrupted by “So you want President Harris?”
Uhm, Ghe Ghe Ghe. This is my frogger. Yes. Ghe Ghe Ghe :)))))))))))