eating at mall food court
2021-10-10 16:39:21 UTC
I never knew that Orange Julius served more than just orange juice.
Dave Smith
2021-10-10 17:19:44 UTC
Post by bruce bowser
I never knew that Orange Julius served more than just orange juice.
Of course they do. They had to find a nice because there are too many
other fast food franchies making a fortune selling nothing but orange juice.
ItsJoan NotJoAnn
2021-10-11 09:02:32 UTC
Post by bruce bowser
I never knew that Orange Julius served more than just orange juice.
Of course they do. They had to find a nice because there are too many
other fast food franchies making a fortune selling nothing but orange juice.
They "found a nice"?

What does orange juice and my boyfriend have in common?

They both slap harder when mixed with alcohol.
i***@webtv.net
2021-10-11 17:16:40 UTC
Post by ItsJoan NotJoAnn
What does orange juice and my boyfriend have in common?
They both slap harder when mixed with alcohol.
My frogger is getting better. They now post using my name while
I'm sleeping. Good job!
GM
2021-10-11 17:22:27 UTC
Post by ItsJoan NotJoAnn
What does orange juice and my boyfriend have in common?
They both slap harder when mixed with alcohol.
My frogger is getting better. They now post using my name while
I'm sleeping. Good job!
Your frogger couldn't even make it to runner - up on "The Gong Show", lol...
2021-10-11 17:24:35 UTC
Bwahahahahahaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!
Bruce 0.77 Beta
My frogger's most active when I'm asleep. Maybe he's shy.
i***@webtv.net
Maybe we share the same frogger. <shrug>
Bruce 0.77 Beta
2021-10-11 19:01:19 UTC
Post by Bruce 0.77 Beta
Post by ItsJoan NotJoAnn
What does orange juice and my boyfriend have in common?
They both slap harder when mixed with alcohol.
My frogger is getting better. They now post using my name while
I'm sleeping. Good job!
My frogger's most active when I'm asleep. Maybe he's shy.
Maybe we share the same frogger. <shrug>
I think mine could be Greg Sorrow. He won't be yours because you're
best buddies with the mongrel.
i***@webtv.net
2021-10-11 19:26:36 UTC
Post by Bruce 0.77 Beta
I think mine could be Greg Sorrow. He won't be yours because you're
best buddies with the mongrel.
I dunno. It looks like we were both frogged at about the same time
earlier. Mongrel? Nope.
Bruce 0.77 Beta
Like I said, Pawlowski Syndrome.
i***@webtv.net
2021-10-11 19:38:36 UTC
'Bonkers Bruce' syndrome?
Bruce 0.77 Beta
2021-10-11 19:41:59 UTC
And proud of it.
GM
2021-10-10 17:28:39 UTC
Post by bruce bowser
I never knew that Orange Julius served more than just orange juice.
Do they serve clam strips there, bb...???
Bruce 0.76 Beta
2021-10-10 18:07:26 UTC
Post by bruce bowser
I never knew that Orange Julius served more than just orange juice.
Biden was never going to be an FDR for two reasons: 1) he doesn't have the skillset to take his case
directly to the American people, and 2) rumors of his effectiveness while in the Senate are wildly
overblown. He was never going to be a great president; he doesn't have the juice. That the media and
his ardent voters convinced themselves otherwise has more to do with their reliance on the political
fantasies that form the foundation of their ideology than anything he's ever done.

Biden has always been comically hapless. He was a low-key grifter for most of his career and a perennial
company man for his sponsors and his party. He's the perfect real-world example of the reality television
contest technique of "sneaking into the top three by being not bad enough to kick off the island".

His bottom is much lower than Trump's, because a significant minority of his voters actually really, really
despise him. If a pollster called me, I'd tell them I strongly disapproved of his performance, too. Because I do.
Bryan Simmons
2021-10-10 23:25:46 UTC
Post by Bruce 0.76 Beta
Post by bruce bowser
[...]
Thanks, Greg! You are a more talented actor than Uncle Joe. You will
also outright lie when you deny that you wrote this.

2021-10-10 18:54:57 UTC
That's because you never looked at the posted menu, dummy.
i***@webtv.net
2021-10-10 21:32:36 UTC
isn't it your bedtime, yet?
Not for hours and hours.
jmcquown
2021-10-10 23:35:30 UTC
Post by bruce bowser
I never knew that Orange Julius served more than just orange juice.
That's because you never looked at the posted menu, dummy.
I've never actually seen a Orange Julius stand and don't think I've ever
seen a Mall "food court", either. There were restaurants at either end
of the shopping malls when I was a teenager, but not "food courts" with
a bunch of fast food joints to choose from with a bunch of tables in the
middle. I've only seen those in teenage movies.

They are as common as chicken shit in a barnyard.
i***@webtv.net
They sure are!
jmcquown
2021-10-10 23:52:49 UTC
I've never actually seen a Orange Julius stand and don't think I've
ever seen a Mall "food court", either.
Jill
They are as common as chicken shit in a barnyard.
They sure are!
They weren't in Memphis (when I moved) and they aren't where I live now.
Sorry! Not that it matters much because I don't eat fast food which
is what bowser seems to espouse.

Jill
Lucretia Borgia
2021-10-10 23:59:34 UTC
I've never actually seen a Orange Julius stand and don't think I've
ever seen a Mall "food court", either.
Jill
They are as common as chicken shit in a barnyard.
They sure are!
They weren't in Memphis (when I moved) and they aren't where I live now.
Sorry! Not that it matters much because I don't eat fast food which
is what bowser seems to espouse.
Jill
I've eaten in a food court and one does not have to eat 'fast food' -
except I would count the salad I had last time as fast food as regards
preparation time.

Yesterday I had a hamburger at a fast food joint called Boom Burger.
It is put together after you order, then cooked, but not at all
McDonalds type, all good ingredients and very tasty. I had the bacon
burger.

https://www.google.com/search?channel=nrow5&client=firefox-b-d&q=boom+burger
i***@webtv.net
2021-10-11 01:17:27 UTC
Post by Lucretia Borgia
I've eaten in a food court and one does not have to eat 'fast food' -
except I would count the salad I had last time as fast food as regards
preparation time.
Yesterday I had a hamburger at a fast food joint called Boom Burger.
It is put together after you order, then cooked, but not at all
McDonalds type, all good ingredients and very tasty. I had the bacon
burger.
https://www.google.com/search?channel=nrow5&client=firefox-b-d&q=boom+burger
When I get a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich on the rare occasion that I'm at
a food court they cook it as it's ordered with whatever goodies you want
on it. Same thing when I get a burger there.
Hank Rogers
2021-10-11 00:02:45 UTC
I've never actually seen a Orange Julius stand and don't think I've
ever seen a Mall "food court", either.
Jill
They are as common as chicken shit in a barnyard.
They sure are!
They weren't in Memphis (when I moved) and they aren't where I live
now.  Sorry!  Not that it matters much because I don't eat fast
food which is what bowser seems to espouse.
Jill
Probably memphis malls didn't have food courts because they feared
it would be the scene of too many drug deals and gunfights.
i***@webtv.net
2021-10-10 23:45:44 UTC
I've never actually seen a Orange Julius stand and don't think I've ever
seen a Mall "food court", either. There were restaurants at either end
of the shopping malls when I was a teenager, but not "food courts" with
a bunch of fast food joints to choose from with a bunch of tables in the
middle. I've only seen those in teenage movies.
Jill
Oh my! All the malls here have giant food courts with a large variety of
places to choose from. All the ones around here have at least 2 or 3 Chinese
places, plus burger stands, and let's not forget at least one pizza chain. LOTS
of tables and chairs, trash cans to clean up after yourself, too.
jmcquown
2021-10-10 23:51:11 UTC
I've never actually seen a Orange Julius stand and don't think I've ever
seen a Mall "food court", either. There were restaurants at either end
of the shopping malls when I was a teenager, but not "food courts" with
a bunch of fast food joints to choose from with a bunch of tables in the
middle. I've only seen those in teenage movies.
Jill
Oh my! All the malls here have giant food courts with a large variety of
places to choose from. All the ones around here have at least 2 or 3 Chinese
places, plus burger stands, and let's not forget at least one pizza chain. LOTS
of tables and chairs, trash cans to clean up after yourself, too.
All the Malls I'd ever been to closed down decades ago.

2021-10-11 01:34:35 UTC
I've never actually seen a Orange Julius stand and don't think I've ever
seen a Mall "food court", either. There were restaurants at either end
of the shopping malls when I was a teenager, but not "food courts" with
a bunch of fast food joints to choose from with a bunch of tables in the
middle. I've only seen those in teenage movies.
Jill
Oh my! All the malls here have giant food courts with a large variety of
places to choose from. All the ones around here have at least 2 or 3
Chinese
places, plus burger stands, and let's not forget at least one pizza
chain. LOTS
of tables and chairs, trash cans to clean up after yourself, too.
All the Malls I'd ever been to closed down decades ago.
Jill
I can't speak for your area, but most malls have had food courts since
the 1980's and before. Many of those malls are also gone now.
Sheldon Martin
2021-10-11 13:15:10 UTC
On Sun, 10 Oct 2021 21:34:35 -0400, Michael Trew
[...]
There are plenty of shopping malls around, Albany, New York's
Crossgates Mall is one of the world's largest. I never liked shopping
at malls, I call them MAULS. I always liked an Orange Julius, very
refreshing, haven't had one in over 20 years (are they still in
business?), I never bothered with the food courts, all fast
food/mystery food.
https://www.shopcrossgates.com/
Michael Trew
2021-10-11 15:15:24 UTC
[...]
Yes, I've been to Orange Julius once. I don't like mall food, it's too
expensive. I typically do get a pretzel at Auntie Annes on the very
rare occasions that I go.
bruce bowser
The pieces of chicken at Popeye's at the Springfield Mall food court (on the Virginia side near Washington, DC) can't even compare to the chicken that you get from Popeye's drive-thru.
GM
2021-10-11 17:13:50 UTC
Post by bruce bowser
Post by Sheldon Martin
[...]
Better... or worse, bb... ???
Transition Zone
There's only one way for you to find out, right GM? Compare a Popeyes in the food court with a drive-thru Popeyes. You tell us which are best..
Bruce 0.77 Beta
2021-10-11 20:25:42 UTC
On Mon, 11 Oct 2021 13:20:31 -0700 (PDT), Transition Zone
Post by Transition Zone
Post by GM
Post by bruce bowser
Yes, I've been to Orange Julius once. I don't like mall food, it's too
expensive. I typically do get a pretzel at Auntie Annes on the very
rare occasions that I go.
The pieces of chicken at Popeye's at the Springfield Mall food court (on the Virginia side near Washington, DC) can't even compare to the chicken that you get from Popeye's drive-thru.
Better... or worse, bb... ???
There's only one way for you to find out, right GM? Compare a Popeyes in the food court with a drive-thru Popeyes. You tell us which are best..
It's all tortured industry chicken with bleach treated urine sores.
What's the point of discussing the "quality"? There is no quality.
bruce bowser
The drive-thru gives you miniature pieces. At the food court, those chicken pieces were gigantic.
GM
2021-10-12 15:02:03 UTC
Post by bruce bowser
The pieces of chicken at Popeye's at the Springfield Mall food court (on the Virginia side near Washington, DC) can't even compare to the chicken that you get from Popeye's drive-thru.
Better... or worse, bb... ???
The drive-thru gives you miniature pieces. At the food court, those chicken pieces were gigantic.
Thank you, bb...
2021-10-11 17:16:49 UTC
Post by bruce bowser
Post by Sheldon Martin
[...]
My wife said she used to collect bottles at the construction site of the Landmark Mall in Alexandra in 1965. That's what kids did for money back then. These days, that's a job for old homeless folks. Times change. The Landmark Mall closed years ago but it was put to good use as a film set.

Dave Smith
2021-10-11 17:26:54 UTC
On Monday, October 11, 2021 at 6:55:51 AM UTC-10, bruce bowser
Post by bruce bowser
The pieces of chicken at Popeye's at the Springfield Mall food
court (on the Virginia side near Washington, DC) can't even compare
to the chicken that you get from Popeye's drive-thru.
My wife said she used to collect bottles at the construction site of
the Landmark Mall in Alexandra in 1965. That's what kids did for
money back then. These days, that's a job for old homeless folks.
Times change. The Landmark Mall closed years ago but it was put to
good use as a film set.
http://youtu.be/hHahjuhCvLc
We used to collect bottles and take then to the convenience store and
buy comic books, pop and candy. We got 2 cents for the small pop
bottles and 5 cents for the big ones. They were easy to collect. Back
in those days people just tossed the bottles when they were empty so
there were always lots of them along the side of the road and in
ditches. There was also a lot of broken glass everywhere.
dsi1
It sounds like people were slobs back then. Lucky for you. It seems like a lot of free money just laying around.
Dave Smith
2021-10-11 19:53:56 UTC
We used to collect bottles and take then to the convenience store
and buy comic books, pop and candy. We got 2 cents for the small
pop bottles and 5 cents for the big ones. They were easy to
collect. Back in those days people just tossed the bottles when
they were empty so there were always lots of them along the side of
the road and in ditches. There was also a lot of broken glass
everywhere.
It sounds like people were slobs back then. Lucky for you. It seems
like a lot of free money just laying around.
They were. It wasn't as bad in Canada as it was on the other side of the
border.
There was an interesting scene in an episode of Mad Men. The Draper
family went for a picnic in the country. When they were all done "Betty"
stood up, grabbed the blanket and shook all the trash onto the ground
and they walked away and left it there. That was quite typical of the time.
dsi1
I would find that scene to be very funny. It's not really funny though. It's horrifying in real life.
Michael Trew
2021-10-11 20:03:30 UTC
Post by bruce bowser
[...]
Some things never change. I love it when people put metal and
appliances on the side of the road, that's free money.
dsi1
2021-10-11 20:24:59 UTC
Post by bruce bowser
[...]
Too bad you don't live around here. I would have given you this hunk of metal.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/exHdGJwwBVPfrkcq9
Dave Smith
2021-10-11 20:30:42 UTC
It sounds like people were slobs back then. Lucky for you. It seems
like a lot of free money just laying around.
Some things never change.  I love it when people put metal and
appliances on the side of the road, that's free money.
I have saved a considerable amount of money on gas to take things to the
dump. There is a minimum fee of $5 to dump garbage but scrap metal is
free. Instead of driving over there and burning a gallon of gasoline I
just put it out by the road and it is gone in minutes. It's fine by me
if they make a buck or two selling it for scrap.
Michael Trew
2021-10-12 14:57:00 UTC
It sounds like people were slobs back then. Lucky for you. It seems
like a lot of free money just laying around.
Some things never change. I love it when people put metal and
appliances on the side of the road, that's free money.
I have saved a considerable amount of money on gas to take things to the
dump. There is a minimum fee of $5 to dump garbage but scrap metal is
free. Instead of driving over there and burning a gallon of gasoline I
just put it out by the road and it is gone in minutes. It's fine by me
if they make a buck or two selling it for scrap.
I've pulled $200+ in a night before, just browsing neighborhoods for
scrap metal put to the curb. It's best to have a truck that you don't
care about.
Dave Smith
How many $200 nights do you need to pay for that truck, insurance and fuel?
Michael Trew
2021-10-12 16:26:04 UTC
ppliances on the side of the road, that's free money.
I have saved a considerable amount of money on gas to take things to the
dump. There is a minimum fee of $5 to dump garbage but scrap metal is
free. Instead of driving over there and burning a gallon of gasoline I
just put it out by the road and it is gone in minutes. It's fine by me
if they make a buck or two selling it for scrap.
I've pulled $200+ in a night before, just browsing neighborhoods for
scrap metal put to the curb. It's best to have a truck that you don't
care about.
How many $200 nights do you need to pay for that truck, insurance and fuel?
I insure the truck anyway (when it was working) to haul furniture, spare
vehicle, etc. Maybe $450 per year for liability only insurance? We're
talking a beat down $500 truck.

Fuel was easily $30 for a full evening, but if you can point me to a job
that pays $170 for an evening of work (once fuel is deducted), I'd love
to know it. It was hard work, but good exercise, and great pay for only
4-5 hours work, tops.
Janet
2021-10-13 12:09:05 UTC
ppliances on the side of the road, that's free money.
I have saved a considerable amount of money on gas to take things to the
dump. There is a minimum fee of $5 to dump garbage but scrap metal is
free. Instead of driving over there and burning a gallon of gasoline I
just put it out by the road and it is gone in minutes. It's fine by me
if they make a buck or two selling it for scrap.
I've pulled $200+ in a night before, just browsing neighborhoods for
scrap metal put to the curb.  It's best to have a truck that you don't
care about.
Lets hope you can soon provide her mother with more child support for
your weekend daughter.

Janet UK
bruce bowser
The marriage traditions here in the states aren't exactly in black and white like they traditionally are in Britain or continentally. There's a reason we say "the wild west".
Janet
2021-10-13 18:39:14 UTC
Post by bruce bowser
Post by Janet
Post by Michael Trew
ppliances on the side of the road, that's free money.
I have saved a considerable amount of money on gas to take things to the
dump. There is a minimum fee of $5 to dump garbage but scrap metal is
free. Instead of driving over there and burning a gallon of gasoline I
just put it out by the road and it is gone in minutes. It's fine by me
if they make a buck or two selling it for scrap.
I've pulled $200+ in a night before, just browsing neighborhoods for
scrap metal put to the curb. It's best to have a truck that you don't
care about.
Lets hope you can soon provide her mother with more child support for
your weekend daughter.
The marriage traditions here in the states aren't exactly in black and white like they traditionally are in Britain or continentally. There's a reason we say "the wild west".
Your brain is like a jail in the wild West, Just one cell.

Janet UK
bruce bowser
Wow you're trying to be like Benny Hill, now?
Michael Trew
It's a forger. Look at the e-mail, and she never posts at that time.
Michael Trew
2021-10-13 17:49:43 UTC
Post by Janet
Post by Michael Trew
ppliances on the side of the road, that's free money.
I have saved a considerable amount of money on gas to take things to the
dump. There is a minimum fee of $5 to dump garbage but scrap metal is
free. Instead of driving over there and burning a gallon of gasoline I
just put it out by the road and it is gone in minutes. It's fine by me
if they make a buck or two selling it for scrap.
I've pulled $200+ in a night before, just browsing neighborhoods for
scrap metal put to the curb. It's best to have a truck that you don't
care about.
Lets hope you can soon provide her mother with more child support for
your weekend daughter.
Janet UK
I've really had enough of you and your attitude, and I no longer care to
be pleasant toward you.
bruce bowser
Be kind to every one.
GM
2021-10-14 04:41:58 UTC
Post by bruce bowser
Post by Michael Trew
Post by Janet
Post by Michael Trew
[...]
I only have so much give.

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".

If she paid a lick of attention, Janet would have known that not only
has my truck been dead for some time, but that "$200/night before"
clearly states past tense... the scrap price is not that good now, and
it might not ever be again. I would be luckly to pull more than
$200/week take home from my current job at the present, yet I still pay
my daughter's mother the same amount I did when I made twice what I make
now.

Some people need to mind their own business.
i***@webtv.net
2021-10-12 21:14:32 UTC
I have saved a considerable amount of money on gas to take things to the
dump. There is a minimum fee of $5 to dump garbage but scrap metal is
free. Instead of driving over there and burning a gallon of gasoline I
just put it out by the road and it is gone in minutes. It's fine by me
if they make a buck or two selling it for scrap.
It's free here to take stuff to a collection area about 3 miles down the road
from me. They use what looks like trailers from tractor trailers but have no
roof to them. Does that make sense? Then when they get full, they're carried
off to the main dump. But there are individuals with pickup trucks setting close
to the entrance that will take your scrap metal if you stop and give it to them.
Post by Michael Trew
I've pulled $200+ in a night before, just browsing neighborhoods for
scrap metal put to the curb. It's best to have a truck that you don't
care about.
The truck the junk man drives has me wondering how he ever gets it
started and it looks like the tires are ready to blow any minute. But that
truck is always full to brim with metal he's picked up.
bruce bowser
Oh well, that's life below the $500 a week mark. Incidentally that's the life I live, too.
Michael Trew
2021-10-13 04:26:01 UTC
Post by Michael Trew
I've pulled $200+ in a night before, just browsing neighborhoods for
scrap metal put to the curb. It's best to have a truck that you don't
care about.
The truck the junk man drives has me wondering how he ever gets it
started and it looks like the tires are ready to blow any minute. But that
truck is always full to brim with metal he's picked up.
You've described most of the trucks that I've owned pretty well. Some
had to be push-started, and I've had tires blow up. I always keep a
ladder rack attached, and I've had the truck filled 4 feet over the
ladder rack before with metal.

Ex girlfriends father was a scrapper, he got me into it. Easy money if
you don't mind putting in some work. I actually bought a couple of my
trucks from him, after they wouldn't pass PA state inspection.

Photos attached for emphasis, but I've done much more impressive loads
than these... they just weren't photographed.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/zbj77rP
dsi1
2021-10-13 09:13:57 UTC
Post by Michael Trew
[...]
Those poor trucks!
My daughter is out of town till tomorrow. I drove by her car the other day and there was a chicken sitting on it.
Today, I drove past the car and there was no chicken on it - but there was one on the car next to hers. That's one psycho chicken.
Gary
2021-10-13 12:24:20 UTC
"Sanford and Son"
Michael Trew
2021-10-13 17:47:50 UTC
Photos attached for emphasis, but I've done much more impressive loads
than these... they just weren't photographed.
https://postimg.cc/gallery/zbj77rP
"Sanford and Son"
Interestingly enough, there is a "sanford and son" plumbing in town
here. They've been around since before the show... lol
i***@webtv.net
Oddly enough, the junk man drives a red Ford pickup truck.
dsi1
The new Ford F150 has a set of trick taillights that has several diodes that will light in sequence as you load the bed. When you've reached the maximum load, the last diode would start flashing. Brilliant!
S Viemeister
2021-10-11 21:43:13 UTC
On 11/10/2021 21:03, Michael Trew wrote:
like a lot of free money just laying around.
Some things never change.  I love it when people put metal and
appliances on the side of the road, that's free money.
You would have made out well around here, in the aftermath of Hurricane
Ida. Boilers, hot water tanks, all sorts of stuff put out on the curb/kerb.
Ed Pawlowski
2021-10-12 00:57:05 UTC
like a lot of free money just laying around.
Some things never change.  I love it when people put metal and
appliances on the side of the road, that's free money.
You would have made out well around here, in the aftermath of Hurricane
Ida. Boilers, hot water tanks, all sorts of stuff put out on the curb/kerb.
About 15 years ago I bought a new grill and the old grill was still on
my high deck. That weekend I invited friends over to try out the new
one and help take down the old one. We put it out by the curb. They
were laughing at me since trash day was 6 days away. Fifteen minutes
later, we heard a truck stop and it was gone.
i***@webtv.net
2021-10-12 01:05:32 UTC
Post by Ed Pawlowski
About 15 years ago I bought a new grill and the old grill was still on
my high deck. That weekend I invited friends over to try out the new
one and help take down the old one. We put it out by the curb. They
were laughing at me since trash day was 6 days away. Fifteen minutes
later, we heard a truck stop and it was gone.
Put a dead water heater or a grill or anything metallic out in the alley around
here and if it hangs around 48 hours, I figure the junk man must have been sick.
GM
2021-10-12 01:12:11 UTC
Post by Ed Pawlowski
About 15 years ago I bought a new grill and the old grill was still on
my high deck. That weekend I invited friends over to try out the new
one and help take down the old one. We put it out by the curb. They
were laughing at me since trash day was 6 days away. Fifteen minutes
later, we heard a truck stop and it was gone.
Put a dead water heater or a grill or anything metallic out in the alley around
here and if it hangs around 48 hours, I figure the junk man must have been sick.
Picking up scrap is big business, particularly here in the Chicago area with Mexican
immigrants, their trucks are constantly scouring neighborhoods to pick up scrap...

[ and GOOD for them, they've a fine work ethic... ]
2021-10-12 15:00:21 UTC
Post by Michael Trew
Some things never change. I love it when people put metal and
appliances on the side of the road, that's free money.
You would have made out well around here, in the aftermath of
Hurricane Ida. Boilers, hot water tanks, all sorts of stuff put out on
the curb/kerb.
About 15 years ago I bought a new grill and the old grill was still on
my high deck. That weekend I invited friends over to try out the new one
and help take down the old one. We put it out by the curb. They were
laughing at me since trash day was 6 days away. Fifteen minutes later,
we heard a truck stop and it was gone.
I just called to check, sheet metal is back up to $180 a ton. Copper,
aluminum, and others are, of course, far higher. You guys have me
wanting to fix my truck now... Lol
Transition Zone
And hell, if you hire a secretary and five more people and buy 4 more trucks and pass out cards with your name and phone number, you'd actually have a company.
Sheldon Martin
I don't judge food or most anything by price... depends if I like it.
Lucretia Borgia
Same here.
Cindy Hamilton
2021-10-11 08:28:28 UTC
Post by bruce bowser
I never knew that Orange Julius served more than just orange juice.
That's because you never looked at the posted menu, dummy.
I've never actually seen a Orange Julius stand and don't think I've ever
seen a Mall "food court", either. There were restaurants at either end
of the shopping malls when I was a teenager, but not "food courts" with
a bunch of fast food joints to choose from with a bunch of tables in the
middle. I've only seen those in teenage movies.
Jill
The mall here doesn't have a food court as such. The restaurants are
at each end as you describe. The center of the mall has a coffee stand
and some other snack-type things, but nothing that would make an actual
meal.

2021-10-11 20:58:16 UTC
Post by bruce bowser
I never knew that Orange Julius served more than just orange juice.
That's because you never looked at the posted menu, dummy.
I've never actually seen a Orange Julius stand and don't think I've ever
seen a Mall "food court", either. There were restaurants at either end
of the shopping malls when I was a teenager, but not "food courts" with
a bunch of fast food joints to choose from with a bunch of tables in the
middle. I've only seen those in teenage movies.
Jill
The mall here doesn't have a food court as such. The restaurants are
at each end as you describe. The center of the mall has a coffee stand
and some other snack-type things, but nothing that would make an actual
meal.
Cindy Hamilton
By the time I left the Memphis area nearly all the "Malls" had closed.

2021-10-12 01:02:28 UTC
The mall here doesn't have a food court as such.  The restaurants are
at each end as you describe.  The center of the mall has a coffee stand
and some other snack-type things, but nothing that would make an actual
meal.
Cindy Hamilton
By the time I left the Memphis area nearly all the "Malls" had closed.
I saw failed malls in the Denver area when I was there almost 20 years
ago. The mall closest to me is doing very badly. It has lost its
flagship stores and has about 20% vacancy. A nice mall in Niagara Falls
was demolished a year or two ago and the largest mall in the area was
doing badly before the pandemic and has gone done more since.
While the malls have been teetering there have been a number of big box
stores clusters with plazas that seem to be doing quite well.
Cindy Hamilton
2021-10-12 08:58:41 UTC
By the time I left the Memphis area nearly all the "Malls" had closed.
I haven't been in a few years, but our mall had four anchor stores. Sears
closed, Penney's isn't doing so well, I guess Macy's is fine, and Von Maur
(a regional chain, I guess) is the fourth.

I'm not a "shopper". I've only ever liked browsing bookstores and hardware
stores. Online shopping for clothing suits me to a T.

2021-10-12 15:20:24 UTC
By the time I left the Memphis area nearly all the "Malls" had closed.
I haven't been in a few years, but our mall had four anchor stores. Sears
closed, Penney's isn't doing so well, I guess Macy's is fine, and Von Maur
(a regional chain, I guess) is the fourth.
I'm not a "shopper". I've only ever liked browsing bookstores and hardware
stores. Online shopping for clothing suits me to a T.
The biggest mall around used to have Sears, Eatons and The Bay. Eatons
closed years ago. Sears went down the tubes a few years ago and The Bay
is holding on with its fingers.

I buy lots of things on line but I would have to try things on before I
would order them. My SiL works in retail and is fed up with women coming
into her store to try things on, taking photos then ordering them online.
bruce bowser
From your generation, Sears and Montgomery Wards was roughly doing what Amazon is now doing. Why did Sears and Montgomery Wards and JC Penny just lie down, shrivel up and dry away?
GM
2021-10-12 20:59:10 UTC
Post by bruce bowser
Post by jmcquown
By the time I left the Memphis area nearly all the "Malls" had closed.
I haven't been in a few years, but our mall had four anchor stores. Sears
closed, Penney's isn't doing so well, I guess Macy's is fine, and Von Maur
(a regional chain, I guess) is the fourth.
I'm not a "shopper". I've only ever liked browsing bookstores and hardware
stores. Online shopping for clothing suits me to a T.
The biggest mall around used to have Sears, Eatons and The Bay. Eatons
closed years ago. Sears went down the tubes a few years ago and The Bay
is holding on with its fingers.
I buy lots of things on line but I would have to try things on before I
would order them. My SiL works in retail and is fed up with women coming
into her store to try things on, taking photos then ordering them online.
Good question.
From your generation, Sears and Montgomery Wards was roughly doing what Amazon is now doing. Why did Sears and Montgomery Wards and JC Penny just lie down, shrivel up and dry away?
For the same reason that A&P, Borders, and Circuit City closed - they did not keep up
with the retail reality...

Also, those old stores had HUGE real estate costs, online retailers can spend that money on
logistics, wider selection, etc...
2021-10-13 04:02:54 UTC
Post by bruce bowser
Post by jmcquown
By the time I left the Memphis area nearly all the "Malls" had closed.
I haven't been in a few years, but our mall had four anchor stores. Sears
closed, Penney's isn't doing so well, I guess Macy's is fine, and Von Maur
(a regional chain, I guess) is the fourth.
I'm not a "shopper". I've only ever liked browsing bookstores and hardware
stores. Online shopping for clothing suits me to a T.
The biggest mall around used to have Sears, Eatons and The Bay. Eatons
closed years ago. Sears went down the tubes a few years ago and The Bay
is holding on with its fingers.
I buy lots of things on line but I would have to try things on before I
would order them. My SiL works in retail and is fed up with women coming
into her store to try things on, taking photos then ordering them online.
Good question.
From your generation, Sears and Montgomery Wards was roughly doing what Amazon is now doing. Why did Sears and Montgomery Wards and JC Penny just lie down, shrivel up and dry away?
For the same reason that A&P, Borders, and Circuit City closed - they did not keep up
with the retail reality...
Also, those old stores had HUGE real estate costs, online retailers can spend that money on
logistics, wider selection, etc...
Bingo; they refused to keep up. Sears with their massive home order
catalog could have stepped into the online scene early and done better
than Amazon, but they did too little, too late -- now they are hanging
on for dear life with a few remaining stores. They'll probably be gone
in short order.
GM
2021-10-13 04:14:27 UTC
Post by bruce bowser
Post by jmcquown
By the time I left the Memphis area nearly all the "Malls" had closed.
I haven't been in a few years, but our mall had four anchor stores. Sears
closed, Penney's isn't doing so well, I guess Macy's is fine, and Von Maur
(a regional chain, I guess) is the fourth.
I'm not a "shopper". I've only ever liked browsing bookstores and hardware
stores. Online shopping for clothing suits me to a T.
The biggest mall around used to have Sears, Eatons and The Bay. Eatons
closed years ago. Sears went down the tubes a few years ago and The Bay
is holding on with its fingers.
I buy lots of things on line but I would have to try things on before I
would order them. My SiL works in retail and is fed up with women coming
into her store to try things on, taking photos then ordering them online.
Good question.
From your generation, Sears and Montgomery Wards was roughly doing what Amazon is now doing. Why did Sears and Montgomery Wards and JC Penny just lie down, shrivel up and dry away?
For the same reason that A&P, Borders, and Circuit City closed - they did not keep up
with the retail reality...
Also, those old stores had HUGE real estate costs, online retailers can spend that money on
logistics, wider selection, etc...
Bingo; they refused to keep up. Sears with their massive home order
catalog could have stepped into the online scene early and done better
than Amazon, but they did too little, too late -- now they are hanging
on for dear life with a few remaining stores. They'll probably be gone
in short order.
Kinda like Packard in 1956 :'(

https://www.curbsideclassic.com/curbside-classics-american/curbside-classic-1956-packard-patrician-man-the-lifeboats/
2021-10-13 13:04:41 UTC
On Wed, 13 Oct 2021 00:02:54 -0400, Michael Trew
Post by bruce bowser
Post by jmcquown
By the time I left the Memphis area nearly all the "Malls" had closed.
I haven't been in a few years, but our mall had four anchor stores. Sears
closed, Penney's isn't doing so well, I guess Macy's is fine, and Von Maur
(a regional chain, I guess) is the fourth.
I'm not a "shopper". I've only ever liked browsing bookstores and hardware
stores. Online shopping for clothing suits me to a T.
The biggest mall around used to have Sears, Eatons and The Bay. Eatons
closed years ago. Sears went down the tubes a few years ago and The Bay
is holding on with its fingers.
I buy lots of things on line but I would have to try things on before I
would order them. My SiL works in retail and is fed up with women coming
into her store to try things on, taking photos then ordering them online.
Good question.
From your generation, Sears and Montgomery Wards was roughly doing what Amazon is now doing. Why did Sears and Montgomery Wards and JC Penny just lie down, shrivel up and dry away?
For the same reason that A&P, Borders, and Circuit City closed - they did not keep up
with the retail reality...
Also, those old stores had HUGE real estate costs, online retailers can spend that money on
logistics, wider selection, etc...
Bingo; they refused to keep up. Sears with their massive home order
catalog could have stepped into the online scene early and done better
than Amazon, but they did too little, too late -- now they are hanging
on for dear life with a few remaining stores. They'll probably be gone
in short order.
I used to like shopping from the Sears catalog, but then Sear's CEOS
were recruited from mental illness institutions and it's been all
downhill.
Cindy Hamilton
2021-10-13 13:19:55 UTC
I used to like shopping from the Sears catalog, but then Sear's CEOS
were recruited from mental illness institutions and it's been all
downhill.
They started going downhill in the 1980s when they got away from their
core business of retail, but their purchase by Kmart in 2004 was when
the slide to mediocrity (at best) really accelerated.

If they'd kept their identity as a retail of stodgy, yet good-quality,
items, they might have leveraged their catalog business into a real
online marketplace. But their merchandise was already crap, and they
never managed to turn it around.

I just looked on line and all I could find was "sears failed" and then Amazon. Its like there's no other reason. And Sears had the catalog first!
Cindy Hamilton
2021-10-13 14:57:46 UTC
I used to like shopping from the Sears catalog, but then Sear's CEOS
were recruited from mental illness institutions and it's been all
downhill.
They started going downhill in the 1980s when they got away from their
core business of retail, but their purchase by Kmart in 2004 was when
the slide to mediocrity (at best) really accelerated.
If they'd kept their identity as a retail of stodgy, yet good-quality,
items, they might have leveraged their catalog business into a real
online marketplace. But their merchandise was already crap, and they
never managed to turn it around.
I just looked on line and all I could find was "sears failed" and then Amazon. Its like there's no other reason. And Sears had the catalog first!
Try the Wikipedia page:

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sears>

2021-10-13 16:53:29 UTC
Post by bruce bowser
I used to like shopping from the Sears catalog, but then Sear's CEOS
were recruited from mental illness institutions and it's been all
downhill.
They started going downhill in the 1980s when they got away from their
core business of retail, but their purchase by Kmart in 2004 was when
the slide to mediocrity (at best) really accelerated.
If they'd kept their identity as a retail of stodgy, yet good-quality,
items, they might have leveraged their catalog business into a real
online marketplace. But their merchandise was already crap, and they
never managed to turn it around.
I just looked on line and all I could find was "sears failed" and then Amazon. Its like there's no other reason. And Sears had the catalog first!
Sears had the catalog, but Bezos had the internet.

Sears did not embrace the future and it killed them.
jmcquown
2021-10-12 20:49:01 UTC
By the time I left the Memphis area nearly all the "Malls" had closed.
I haven't been in a few years, but our mall had four anchor stores.
Sears
closed, Penney's isn't doing so well, I guess Macy's is fine, and Von Maur
(a regional chain, I guess) is the fourth.
I'm not a "shopper".  I've only ever liked browsing bookstores and
hardware
stores.  Online shopping for clothing suits me to a T.
The biggest mall around used to have Sears, Eatons and The Bay.  Eatons
closed years ago. Sears went down the tubes a few years ago and The Bay
is holding on with its fingers.
I buy lots of things on line but I would have to try things on before I
would order them. My SiL works in retail and is fed up with women coming
into her store to try things on, taking photos then ordering them online.
People really shouldn't be allowed to do that. I doubt there is any way
to stop them from surreptitiously taking pics via their phone while in a
dressing room, though.

2021-10-12 20:47:06 UTC
By the time I left the Memphis area nearly all the "Malls" had closed.
I haven't been in a few years, but our mall had four anchor stores. Sears
closed, Penney's isn't doing so well, I guess Macy's is fine, and Von Maur
(a regional chain, I guess) is the fourth.
I'm not a "shopper". I've only ever liked browsing bookstores and hardware
stores. Online shopping for clothing suits me to a T.
Cindy Hamilton
Same here re: clothes shopping. Sears has been gone for a while. The
JCPenny in Beaufort (located in a shopping plaza, not a full fledged
Mall) permanently closed in June of 2020 along with 153 other JCP stores
nationwide. I do buy clothes from JCP online and hope they can at least
keep that going.

Jill
cshenk
2021-10-14 22:55:24 UTC
Post by bruce bowser
I never knew that Orange Julius served more than just orange juice.
That's because you never looked at the posted menu, dummy.
I've never actually seen a Orange Julius stand and don't think I've
ever seen a Mall "food court", either. There were restaurants at
either end of the shopping malls when I was a teenager, but not "food
courts" with a bunch of fast food joints to choose from with a bunch
of tables in the middle. I've only seen those in teenage movies.
Jill
They may only exist in larger cities? Lynnhaven Mall here has one.
Ala Moana had (still has?) a really nice one. All the malls here seem
to have one.
jmcquown
2021-10-14 23:13:19 UTC
Post by cshenk
Post by bruce bowser
I never knew that Orange Julius served more than just orange juice.
That's because you never looked at the posted menu, dummy.
I've never actually seen a Orange Julius stand and don't think I've
ever seen a Mall "food court", either. There were restaurants at
either end of the shopping malls when I was a teenager, but not "food
courts" with a bunch of fast food joints to choose from with a bunch
of tables in the middle. I've only seen those in teenage movies.
Jill
They may only exist in larger cities? Lynnhaven Mall here has one.
Ala Moana had (still has?) a really nice one. All the malls here seem
to have one.
Memphis is a pretty darn big city, Carol. Most of the Malls closed
decades ago and over the course of 35 years never once did I see an
Orange Julius stand in any of them.

Orange Julius here is sold at the Dairy Queen stands in the malls.
jmcquown
2021-10-14 23:42:45 UTC
Memphis is a pretty darn big city, Carol. Most of the Malls closed
decades ago and over the course of 35 years never once did I see an
Orange Julius stand in any of them.
Jill
Orange Julius here is sold at the Dairy Queen stands in the malls.
The Dairy Queens in Memphis weren't located inside Malls. It doesn't
really matter since it's not the sort of place I'd look for.

2021-10-15 00:01:21 UTC
Memphis is a pretty darn big city, Carol. Most of the Malls closed
decades ago and over the course of 35 years never once did I see an
Orange Julius stand in any of them.
Jill
Orange Julius here is sold at the Dairy Queen stands in the malls.
The Dairy Queens in Memphis weren't located inside Malls.  It doesn't
really matter since it's not the sort of place I'd look for.
Jill
To clarify: Orange Julius. I know where a Dairy Queen is in Beaufort.
Don't ask me if they sell Orange Julius drinks. I've never been to the
DQ but I do know where it is.

2021-10-15 01:08:06 UTC
Orange Julius here is sold at the Dairy Queen stands in the malls.
The Dairy Queens in Memphis weren't located inside Malls. It doesn't
really matter since it's not the sort of place I'd look for.
Jill
A _few_ here are. Most are free-standing establishments.
I always liked their soft serve ice cream cones but haven't
had one in about a hundred years.
Hank Rogers
2021-10-15 01:34:53 UTC
Orange Julius here is sold at the Dairy Queen stands in the malls.
The Dairy Queens in Memphis weren't located inside Malls. It doesn't
really matter since it's not the sort of place I'd look for.
Jill
A _few_ here are. Most are free-standing establishments.
I always liked their soft serve ice cream cones but haven't
had one in about a hundred years.
I reckon jill is just too high class to patronize low life joints
like those.

Ya gotta be careful in Tennessee, especially memphis.

Hank Rogers
2021-10-14 23:56:24 UTC
Memphis is a pretty darn big city, Carol. Most of the Malls closed
decades ago and over the course of 35 years never once did I see an
Orange Julius stand in any of them.
Jill
Orange Julius here is sold at the Dairy Queen stands in the malls.
Jill lived in memphis ... murder capital of the US. I think it
surpassed detroit at one point.

Of course, the guards at the gates helped keep out some criminals.
Ed Pawlowski
2021-10-15 01:00:06 UTC
Memphis is a pretty darn big city, Carol. Most of the Malls closed
decades ago and over the course of 35 years never once did I see an
Orange Julius stand in any of them.
Jill
Orange Julius here is sold at the Dairy Queen stands in the malls.
Orange Julius is a subsidiary of DQ and DQ is owned by Berkshire Hathaway.

Good chance Warren may make your Blizzard.
jmcquown
2021-10-15 01:08:55 UTC
Memphis is a pretty darn big city, Carol. Most of the Malls closed
decades ago and over the course of 35 years never once did I see an
Orange Julius stand in any of them.
Jill
Orange Julius here is sold at the Dairy Queen stands in the malls.
Orange Julius is a subsidiary of  DQ and DQ is owned by Berkshire Hathaway.
Good chance Warren may make your Blizzard.
I've never had a Blizzard. I've seen ads for them on TV though. :)

2021-10-15 01:10:07 UTC
Ahhhhhh, that's why O. J.'s are sold at the DQ.
Bryan Simmons
2021-10-14 23:35:09 UTC
Post by bruce bowser
I never knew that Orange Julius served more than just orange juice.
That's because you never looked at the posted menu, dummy.
I've never actually seen a Orange Julius stand and don't think I've
ever seen a Mall "food court", either. There were restaurants at
either end of the shopping malls when I was a teenager, but not "food
courts" with a bunch of fast food joints to choose from with a bunch
of tables in the middle. I've only seen those in teenage movies.
Jill
They may only exist in larger cities? Lynnhaven Mall here has one.
Ala Moana had (still has?) a really nice one. All the malls here seem
to have one.
Memphis is a pretty darn big city, Carol. Most of the Malls closed
decades ago and over the course of 35 years never once did I see an
Orange Julius stand in any of them.
When almost every one of Carol's brain cells are focused on maintaining
her anilinguical regime, you kinda have to figure she'd have some memory
issues.