I have Right Rear flat on my Leaf!
2021-11-23 16:13:55 UTC
So I limped her down to Carson Natural Bridge and they are gonna FIX her for me!

And I get a day off to this! And yes I called my agency to let them know!

:-)

John Kuthe, RN, BSN and the Responsible One!
Jeßus
... you can't change a flat tyre??
John Kuthe
2021-11-23 18:44:09 UTC
So I limped her down to Carson Natural Bridge and they are gonna FIX her for me!
And I get a day off to this! And yes I called my agency to let them know!
:-)
John Kuthe, RN, BSN and the Responsible One!
... you can't change a flat tyre??
I needed a NEW TIRE! And now I have one! I will walk down this afternoon and get it too!

John Kuthe, RN, BSN....
Bryan Simmons
2021-11-23 18:57:10 UTC
So I limped her down to Carson Natural Bridge and they are gonna FIX her for me!
And I get a day off to this! And yes I called my agency to let them know!
:-)
John Kuthe, RN, BSN and the Responsible One!
... you can't change a flat tyre??
I needed a NEW TIRE! And now I have one! I will walk down this afternoon and get it too!
The bank account goes down again.
Post by John Kuthe
John Kuthe, RN, BSN....
2021-11-23 19:05:01 UTC
So I limped her down to Carson Natural Bridge and they are gonna FIX her for me!
And I get a day off to this! And yes I called my agency to let them know!
:-)
John Kuthe, RN, BSN and the Responsible One!
... you can't change a flat tyre??
I needed a NEW TIRE! And now I have one! I will walk down this afternoon and get it too!
You didn't have a spare tyre?
The Nissan Leaf is not equipped with a spare tire in the U.S. (You cannot buy the
OEM spare tire that is standard equipment in Australia.) It comes with an emergency
repair kit (a can of sealant and compressed air). They are one-use items. Since Kuthe
bought his car used, it's possible he never had one.

If he limped his car to the shop on the rim, it's quite likely he'll need a new tire.

2021-11-23 19:20:56 UTC
On Tue, 23 Nov 2021 11:05:01 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
So I limped her down to Carson Natural Bridge and they are gonna FIX her for me!
And I get a day off to this! And yes I called my agency to let them know!
:-)
John Kuthe, RN, BSN and the Responsible One!
... you can't change a flat tyre??
I needed a NEW TIRE! And now I have one! I will walk down this afternoon and get it too!
You didn't have a spare tyre?
The Nissan Leaf is not equipped with a spare tire in the U.S. (You cannot buy the
OEM spare tire that is standard equipment in Australia.) It comes with an emergency
repair kit (a can of sealant and compressed air). They are one-use items. Since Kuthe
bought his car used, it's possible he never had one.
If he limped his car to the shop on the rim, it's quite likely he'll need a new tire.
Oh, OK. It's true a lot of modern cars don't even come with a spare at
all, but his Leaf is fairly old. A space saver spare tyre doesn't take
up a lot of room. I know we live in very different places but without
a spare tyre here you would be in trouble.

On the theme of electric cars...

Shoppers Furious As Tesla Car Runs Out Of Battery And Blocks Carpark
For 3 Hours

Drivers were fuming after a Tesla ran out of battery on a car park
entry ramp and blocked the car park of Britain's biggest shopping
centre.

The car park of London's Westfield Shopping Centre was reportedly
blocked for three hours on Wednesday evening (3 November) and a
shopper named Henry took to Reddit to let out his frustrations.

He wrote: "Perfect, a Tesla ran out of battery and stopped at the ramp
of a 5 storey car park at Westfield.

"It has been three hours and counting."

https://www.ladbible.com/news/news-shoppers-furious-as-tesla-blocks-carpark-for-hours-after-battery-dies-20211105
Michael Trew
2021-11-24 17:02:33 UTC
The car park of London's Westfield Shopping Centre was reportedly
blocked for three hours on Wednesday evening (3 November) and a
shopper named Henry took to Reddit to let out his frustrations.
He wrote: "Perfect, a Tesla ran out of battery and stopped at the ramp
of a 5 storey car park at Westfield.
"It has been three hours and counting."
https://www.ladbible.com/news/news-shoppers-furious-as-tesla-blocks-carpark-for-hours-after-battery-dies-20211105
They couldn't just push it out of the way in neutral? -- Or do these
confangled new electric cars not have a way to go into "neutral" with a
dead battery? If so, that's a major design flaw.
Jeßus
2021-11-24 19:39:53 UTC
On Wed, 24 Nov 2021 12:02:33 -0500, Michael Trew
The car park of London's Westfield Shopping Centre was reportedly
blocked for three hours on Wednesday evening (3 November) and a
shopper named Henry took to Reddit to let out his frustrations.
He wrote: "Perfect, a Tesla ran out of battery and stopped at the ramp
of a 5 storey car park at Westfield.
"It has been three hours and counting."
https://www.ladbible.com/news/news-shoppers-furious-as-tesla-blocks-carpark-for-hours-after-battery-dies-20211105
They couldn't just push it out of the way in neutral? -- Or do these
confangled new electric cars not have a way to go into "neutral" with a
dead battery? If so, that's a major design flaw.
Apparently no neutral... no transmission - no gears, as such.

Then again...

" Shifting a Tesla into Neutral is similar to shifting into Drive or
Reverse, but Tesla requires just one more step so that you're not
shifting into Neutral accidentally. Keep in mind that shifting into
Neutral may cause your car to roll backwards.
Shift into Neutral
Model 3 & Model Y

To shift into Neutral you'll want to push up on the gear stalk just
like you do to shift into Drive, but hold it up for one second. Once
you see it shift into neutral you can let go of the gear stalk"
https://www.notateslaapp.com/tesla-reference/598/how-to-put-a-tesla-in-neutral

So... IF THE BATTERIES ARE FLAT... GUESS WHAT??? You can't put it
into neutral. LOL.
Michael Trew

Ed Pawlowski
2021-11-23 19:56:54 UTC
So I limped her down to Carson Natural Bridge and they are gonna FIX her for me!
And I get a day off to this! And yes I called my agency to let them know!
:-)
John Kuthe, RN, BSN and the Responsible One!
... you can't change a flat tyre??
I needed a NEW TIRE! And now I have one! I will walk down this afternoon and get it too!
You didn't have a spare tyre?
The Nissan Leaf is not equipped with a spare tire in the U.S. (You cannot buy the
OEM spare tire that is standard equipment in Australia.) It comes with an emergency
repair kit (a can of sealant and compressed air). They are one-use items. Since Kuthe
bought his car used, it's possible he never had one.
If he limped his car to the shop on the rim, it's quite likely he'll need a new tire.
Cindy Hamilton
It is playing the odds. Last time I used the spare was 2013 and the
tire had a sidewall gash that no canned crap would fix. They save
weight for the MPG but I'd not drive without one.

Most every long (1000 miles+) highway trip I take I see a car or three
changing a tire along the way.
Bruce
Downhill the extra weight saves you gas.
Michael Trew
2021-11-24 17:00:34 UTC
... you can't change a flat tyre??
I needed a NEW TIRE! And now I have one! I will walk down this afternoon and get it too!
You didn't have a spare tyre?
The Nissan Leaf is not equipped with a spare tire in the U.S. (You cannot buy the
OEM spare tire that is standard equipment in Australia.) It comes with an emergency
repair kit (a can of sealant and compressed air). They are one-use items. Since Kuthe
bought his car used, it's possible he never had one.
If he limped his car to the shop on the rim, it's quite likely he'll need a new tire.
Cindy Hamilton
...And possibly a new rim.

I don't know about everyone else, but if I'm daily driving a car, or on
a long trip, I find another rim, and mount a FULL SIZE tire that I keep
in the back. To heck with the donut tire.
Jeßus
2021-11-24 20:09:48 UTC
On Wed, 24 Nov 2021 12:00:34 -0500, Michael Trew
... you can't change a flat tyre??
I needed a NEW TIRE! And now I have one! I will walk down this afternoon and get it too!
You didn't have a spare tyre?
The Nissan Leaf is not equipped with a spare tire in the U.S. (You cannot buy the
OEM spare tire that is standard equipment in Australia.) It comes with an emergency
repair kit (a can of sealant and compressed air). They are one-use items. Since Kuthe
bought his car used, it's possible he never had one.
If he limped his car to the shop on the rim, it's quite likely he'll need a new tire.
Cindy Hamilton
...And possibly a new rim.
I don't know about everyone else, but if I'm daily driving a car, or on
a long trip, I find another rim, and mount a FULL SIZE tire that I keep
in the back. To heck with the donut tire.
We certainly need to carry spares here. No tyre shops or Uber. Or any
other shops, for that matter.

The one time I did get a flat here was years ago. I was on my way to
town with the car full of wheels and tyres from my Polaris. I had to
take everything else out of the car so they would fit.

Guess what didn't get put back in though? The wheel brace and car
jack... lol. So, I had to limp home for about 30KM with a flat tyre...
even though the spare tyre was in the car. The rim was ok albeit not
pretty any more.
Cindy Hamilton
2021-11-24 21:22:07 UTC
... you can't change a flat tyre??
I needed a NEW TIRE! And now I have one! I will walk down this afternoon and get it too!
You didn't have a spare tyre?
The Nissan Leaf is not equipped with a spare tire in the U.S. (You cannot buy the
OEM spare tire that is standard equipment in Australia.) It comes with an emergency
repair kit (a can of sealant and compressed air). They are one-use items. Since Kuthe
bought his car used, it's possible he never had one.
If he limped his car to the shop on the rim, it's quite likely he'll need a new tire.
Cindy Hamilton
...And possibly a new rim.
I don't know about everyone else, but if I'm daily driving a car, or on
a long trip, I find another rim, and mount a FULL SIZE tire that I keep
in the back. To heck with the donut tire.
When I had small cars with a donut spare, I just didn't worry about it.
I kept my tires in good shape and replaced them before they wore out.
The donut would have been fine for a few days while I organized the
repair/replacement of a flat.

Now that I drive a big honkin' SUV, it came with a full-size spare.

It's been more than 20 years since my commute was longer than 4.8
miles.

2021-11-23 20:12:41 UTC
I needed a NEW TIRE! And now I have one! I will walk down this
afternoon and get it too!
Don't forget to wave at cars as they drive by. You can make some
new "friends" and some money, too.

-sw