Quick dinner in the oven.
US Janet
2021-11-23 23:25:17 UTC
Rigatoni cooked al dente.
3/4 large jar of Ragu poured over pasta
Costco frozen meatball tossed on top (as many as you like)
Mozzarella cubed tossed on top (as much as you like
Run a spatula through the ingredients a couple of times to mix and
distribute meatballs and cheese.
Pour the rest of the Ragu over the top.
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese what ever kind you have
350F for about 25-30 minutes

Smells good, tastes good.

Canned pears for dessert

I take short cuts whenever I can because my back and knee just won't
allow me to stand very long. I've been cleaning house today and quick
and easy is best.

Janet US
jmcquown
2021-11-23 23:36:02 UTC
Post by US Janet
Rigatoni cooked al dente.
3/4 large jar of Ragu poured over pasta
Costco frozen meatball tossed on top (as many as you like)
Mozzarella cubed tossed on top (as much as you like
Run a spatula through the ingredients a couple of times to mix and
distribute meatballs and cheese.
Pour the rest of the Ragu over the top.
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese what ever kind you have
350F for about 25-30 minutes
Smells good, tastes good.
Canned pears for dessert
I take short cuts whenever I can because my back and knee just won't
allow me to stand very long. I've been cleaning house today and quick
and easy is best.
Janet US
Sounds like a plan to me, Janet! I do prefer Newman's Own brand if I'm
using a jarred sauce but hey, whatever you've got works to make things
easier on your back and knee. Enjoy! :)

Jill
Thomas
Screw the fabbed meatballs. Add some popeye ground beaf and extra cheese. Ragu is ok.
Michael Trew
2021-11-24 17:49:54 UTC
Post by Thomas
Post by US Janet
Rigatoni cooked al dente.
I take short cuts whenever I can because my back and knee just won't
allow me to stand very long. I've been cleaning house today and quick
and easy is best.
Janet US
Sounds like a plan to me, Janet! I do prefer Newman's Own brand if I'm
using a jarred sauce but hey, whatever you've got works to make things
easier on your back and knee. Enjoy! :)
Jill
Add some popeye ground beaf
Does that mean put through a meat grinder as Sheldon does? lol
jmcquown
2021-11-25 13:58:24 UTC
Post by Thomas
Post by US Janet
Rigatoni cooked al dente.
I take short cuts whenever I can because my back and knee just won't
allow me to stand very long. I've been cleaning house today and quick
and easy is best.
Janet US
Sounds like a plan to me, Janet! I do prefer Newman's Own brand if I'm
using a jarred sauce but hey, whatever you've got works to make things
easier on your back and knee. Enjoy! :)
Jill
Add some popeye ground beaf
Does that mean put through a meat grinder as Sheldon does?  lol
I own a meat grinder, used it a couple of times to grind a chuck roast
for burgers, that was the end of that. I have no problem buying ground
meat from the grocery store.

Many years ago for New Years' Eve I needed 6 ounces of ground pork to
make Kahnom Jeeb (steamed Thai shrimp, crab & pork dumplings). The
nearest grocery store where I lived at the time had just been bought out
by Albertson's or some such chain. I went looking for ground pork but
all I could find were 1 lb. packages of Hormel cryovac'd ground pork. I
was frustrated because I didn't need a pound of ground pork. I was
trying to think what would I use the rest for, maybe meatballs. (I had
a small apartment size refrigerator/freezer so storage was an issue.)

The butcher saw me and asked what I needed. I said I only need 6 ounces
of ground pork for this recipe. He was apparently unhappy with new
management and the "corporate" practices imposed upon him. He said,
"They tell me I'm only allowed to grind beef." [Fear of
cross-contamination.] "I've been a butcher for 25 years, I know how to
clean a grinder and I clean it after every grind." He then proceeded to
select a nice pork chop and ground the amount of pork I needed. He
slapped a label on it that simply said "meat" and then cleaned the
grinder. :)

2021-11-26 05:34:55 UTC
Post by Thomas
Add some popeye ground beaf
Does that mean put through a meat grinder as Sheldon does? lol
I own a meat grinder, used it a couple of times to grind a chuck roast
for burgers, that was the end of that. I have no problem buying ground
meat from the grocery store.
Jill
I have a vintage one that I picked up some where a while back, new in
box from the 40's! It's actually really clean. I'll humor Sheldon some
day and try it, probably when I decided to make a meatloaf again, and
I'll post the results. If I ever use it again, or regularly, would
depend on how much of a PITA it is to clean out after using.
heyjoe
2021-11-26 13:42:28 UTC
I have a vintage one that I picked up some where a while back, new in
box from the 40's! It's actually really clean. I'll humor Sheldon some
day and try it, probably when I decided to make a meatloaf again, and
I'll post the results. If I ever use it again, or regularly, would
depend on how much of a PITA it is to clean out after using
Another possible grinding experiment, courtesy of sqwertz,
<http://recfoodcooking.org/tips/baconbits.html>.
'To make portions of bacon bits, buy one of those 3-lb boxes of "Bacon
Ends and Pieces" '
--
American institutions are telling the American public what they
clearly see and understand to be true, is in fact - not true.

For example - Inflation is only "temporary"
The withdrawal from Afghanistan was an "extraordinary success"
The "Build Back Better agenda costs zero dollars"
Let's go Brandon
Michael Trew
2021-11-26 17:50:54 UTC
Post by heyjoe
Post by Michael Trew
I have a vintage one that I picked up some where a while back, new in
box from the 40's! It's actually really clean. I'll humor Sheldon some
day and try it, probably when I decided to make a meatloaf again, and
I'll post the results. If I ever use it again, or regularly, would
depend on how much of a PITA it is to clean out after using
Another possible grinding experiment, courtesy of sqwertz,
<http://recfoodcooking.org/tips/baconbits.html>.
'To make portions of bacon bits, buy one of those 3-lb boxes of "Bacon
Ends and Pieces" '
That looks like a plan to me. It would be nice to have for a casserole
or something.
Ed Pawlowski
2021-11-24 01:15:19 UTC
Post by US Janet
Rigatoni cooked al dente.
3/4 large jar of Ragu poured over pasta
Costco frozen meatball tossed on top (as many as you like)
Mozzarella cubed tossed on top (as much as you like
Run a spatula through the ingredients a couple of times to mix and
distribute meatballs and cheese.
Pour the rest of the Ragu over the top.
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese what ever kind you have
350F for about 25-30 minutes
Smells good, tastes good.
Canned pears for dessert
I take short cuts whenever I can because my back and knee just won't
allow me to stand very long. I've been cleaning house today and quick
and easy is best.
Janet US
No matter how good your cooking skills are, sometimes simple is best.

I roasted three chicken thighs Saturday. Had the second on Sunday, the
third today with the same mashed potatoes and a salad.

My house was cleaned too, but I just watched.

Not sure about tomorrow yet, I'll check out the freezer. Don't want to
make anything with leftovers. Thursday and Friday are all set. Turkey
next door and bring home some leftovers.
i***@webtv.net
2021-11-24 02:17:15 UTC
Post by Ed Pawlowski
My house was cleaned too, but I just watched.
I hate you, hahahahahahaaaaa!!!!
Post by Ed Pawlowski
Not sure about tomorrow yet, I'll check out the freezer. Don't want to
make anything with leftovers. Thursday and Friday are all set. Turkey
next door and bring home some leftovers.
Thursday I'll be going to my niece's house and I'm planning on a bunch
of leftovers, too. I will take a ham, amongst other things, but I'll keep
several slices here for breakfasts and lunches.
Bruce
So you'll bring a half eaten ham.
i***@webtv.net
Dope.
Bruce
Is that street language for "yes"?
jmcquown
2021-11-24 02:41:01 UTC
Thursday I'll be going to my niece's house and I'm planning on a bunch
of leftovers, too. I will take a ham, amongst other things, but I'll keep
several slices here for breakfasts and lunches.
So you'll bring a half eaten ham.
Dope.
Bruce simply cannot stand it, people enjoy eating meat. Meanwhile, he
posts absolutely *nothing* about what he eats. Rather than bitching
about people like you and me making fun of Kuthe's so called
"vegetarian" STD meals, he should be *encouraging* Kuthe, inspiring him
with vegetarian cooking ideas to get him out of that rut he's stuck in!
But no... it is so much easier for him to bitch and then call us bitches.

I can post what I want but bitches will be bitches :)
Hank Rogers
*SNIFF*
i***@webtv.net
2021-11-24 05:12:33 UTC
So you'll bring a half eaten ham.
Dope.
Bruce simply cannot stand it, people enjoy eating meat. Meanwhile, he
posts absolutely *nothing* about what he eats. Rather than bitching
about people like you and me making fun of Kuthe's so called
"vegetarian" STD meals, he should be *encouraging* Kuthe, inspiring him
with vegetarian cooking ideas to get him out of that rut he's stuck in!
But no... it is so much easier for him to bitch and then call us bitches.
Jill
I guess he'll have a shit fit when he finds out I've bought a couple packages
of those little brown 'n serve rolls that have been around forever. They're
perfect to slip a few in the toaster oven, split them open, and shove a small
slice in for a quick breakfast.

That little piggy that will go in the oven tomorrow will make me a thankful<