First words by thew Cheep Effects!
2021-12-22 19:44:04 UTC
"This is a SERIOUS RECORDING of Cheep Effects"!

In MY sonorous voice!

And it was recorded on MY Pioneer CTf-1000 CASSETTE machine!

2021-12-22 19:46:32 UTC
"This is a SERIOUS RECORDING of Cheep Effects"!
In MY sonorous voice!
And it was recorded on MY Pioneer CTf-1000 CASSETTE machine!
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
Sorry Calliope Kurtz! You were a major talent in OUR Cheep Effects, but YOU turned on me for some reason!

I wanted to work WITH you to publish it and make a little $$ off it too!

2021-12-22 20:10:22 UTC
"This is a SERIOUS RECORDING of Cheep Effects"!
In MY sonorous voice!
And it was recorded on MY Pioneer CTf-1000 CASSETTE machine!
John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
Sorry Calliope Kurtz! You were a major talent in OUR Cheep Effects, but YOU turned on me for some reason!
Because you're a complete lunatic? Do ya think that might have had
something to do with it?
Post by John Kuthe
I wanted to work WITH you to publish it and make a little $$ off it too!
My guess is Calliope Kurtz didn't want a millstone around his neck.
Why would he want to collaborate with you?
Bruce
Signed: Jebus, Calliope Kurtz Expert
Bryan Simmons
2021-12-22 21:59:57 UTC
Post by John Kuthe
I wanted to work WITH you to publish it and make a little $$ off it too!
My guess is Calliope Kurtz didn't want a millstone around his neck.
Why would he want to collaborate with you?
Signed: Jebus, Calliope Kurtz Expert
I met Craig Kurtz near the end of 7th grade. I was at my school, and it
was either after school, or on a weekend. I had my Fender Bronco and
a book with a thousand guitar chords. Craig was two years older. We
wrote a song that day. He had wandered by and saw me with the guitar,
and I composed the guitar part to his lyrics. We ended up playing in a
band for a couple of years.

Soon after we met, we discovered that we both were into Mott the
Hoople, a band most folks hadn't even heard of. That dumbass went
and signed up for the US Navy, but before he left for basic, he had met
this girl, and he told me to keep an eye on her. That's like asking the
cat to keep an eye on the canary.

Like John, Craig was kind of a failure as a man, so he briefly tried being
a woman. I was *very* surprised when he turned up here. The only thing
I can think of is that he Googled his own name and got a hit that was a
post here. I didn't have contact info, and I know that he dislikes me more
than he dislikes John. He had called me back in (I think) 2007, and when
I answered he asked, "Do you know who this is?" Even though I had no
contact with him for about 25 years, his voice was very characteristic,
and I said, Craig Kurtz. I think he wanted to shock me with his whole trans
thing, and I think that I disappointed him by not being phased. When I
tried to contact him a few years later, he ignored me, which is fine. All I
wanted to do was send him a copy of The Bonobos' CD, as we'd played in
a band together when we were teenagers.

2021-12-23 12:44:08 UTC
band together when we were teenagers.
--Bryan
You and Kuthe are rockstars up there in your individual and very tiny
pin heads.
Bruce
2021-12-23 12:46:24 UTC
On Wed, 22 Dec 2021 13:59:57 -0800 (PST), Bryan Simmons
Post by John Kuthe
[...]
Yes. Uhm Ghe ghe ghe!
Uhm, thats my frogger.
Hank Rogers
Nice sniff there master. Here's a paper towel ... wipe yer nose.
Jeßus
2021-12-23 01:18:11 UTC
Post by John Kuthe
I wanted to work WITH you to publish it and make a little $$ off it too!
My guess is Calliope Kurtz didn't want a millstone around his neck.
Why would he want to collaborate with you?
Signed: Jebus, Calliope Kurtz Expert
Nice sniff there master. Here's a paper towel ... wipe yer nose.
Hope he enjoyed all the chilli I just had for brunch (Pad Krapao Moo
Kai Dow). https://thewoksoflife.com/pad-kra-pao/
Bruce
2021-12-23 01:45:00 UTC
Signed: Jebus, Calliope Kurtz Expert
Nice sniff there master. Here's a paper towel ... wipe yer nose.
Hope he enjoyed all the chilli I just had for brunch (Pad Krapao Moo
Kai Dow). https://thewoksoflife.com/pad-kra-pao/
Krap moo must have been a really bad beef dish.

But anyway, don't quote the trolls. It's "unbecoming".
GM
2021-12-23 01:48:45 UTC
Post by John Kuthe
I wanted to work WITH you to publish it and make a little $$ off it too!
My guess is Calliope Kurtz didn't want a millstone around his neck.
Why would he want to collaborate with you?
Signed: Jebus, Calliope Kurtz Expert
Nice sniff there master. Here's a paper towel ... wipe yer nose.
Are you SURE that wasn't a " fwogger "...???
Uhm, Ghe ghe ghe!
Gary
There ya go, off on a tangent again.
Jeßus
2021-12-24 00:38:02 UTC

I still like that song a lot.

I had an English teacher in high school who in hindsight was highly
influenti