OT: RIP Betty White
2022-01-01 02:10:37 UTC
An actress who has been active and working for decades died today at age 99.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betty_White

2022-01-01 02:36:15 UTC
An actress who has been active and working for decades died today at age 99.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betty_White
Jill
There was a party planned for her 100th on Jan 17. Shame she did not
make it but she still had plenty of fans at 99.
Dave Smith
2022-01-01 02:55:43 UTC
An actress who has been active and working for decades died today at age 99.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betty_White
Jill
There was a party planned for her 100th on Jan 17.  Shame she did not
make it but she still had plenty of fans at 99.
My grandmother did the same thing, dying just a few weeks short of 100.
We had had a big party planned for her 100th birthday and we had to
cancel it and have a funeral instead.
Bryan Simmons
2022-01-01 18:27:06 UTC
There was a party planned for her 100th on Jan 17. Shame she did not
make it but she still had plenty of fans at 99.
My grandmother did the same thing, dying just a few weeks short of 100.
We had had a big party planned for her 100th birthday and we had to
cancel it and have a funeral instead.
As an intuitive scientist of the highest order I have studied the post-100 group with great interest. Some make it past 100, but the vast majority of people 99 years old don't make it that far. The question is why. Of course age has something to do with it. But studies show that more people en route to 100 die at age 99, more than any other age after 60. Why?
I'll tell you why, it's the stress. Once they make into the 100+ club the pressure is really on. Even if they don't consciously think about it, breaking the world's oldest person record does prey on their brains. A bit of competition is good for the soul and can help a person stay alert for a longer life. But it can also drain a person. They hit 100 and it's only natural they start thinking about the record. Can they break it? Do other people think they're out to break it even if they're not? All these questions their age evokes weighs heavy on most of them, giving credence to my theory that lots of people die at age 99 because they can't handle the pressures of competing on a big time level in the 100+ club.
My great grandmother died at 99.
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/39629109/philinia-bell-simmons

2022-01-01 19:54:48 UTC
On Sat, 1 Jan 2022 10:18:29 -0800 (PST), Thomas Joseph
Post by Ed Pawlowski
[...]
Hey, if Fauci quits, you'd be the perfect replacement. You'd never
know the difference.
Bruce
2022-01-01 21:04:16 UTC
Post by Jeßus
Hey, if Fauci quits, you'd be the perfect replacement. You'd never
know the difference.
Jehovah's Witness strikes again. You must have a badly injured foot,
Jebus.
Hank Rogers
Have another whiff master ... I think he just farted.
Sheldon Martin
2022-01-01 20:16:13 UTC
An actress who has been active and working for decades died today at age 99.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betty_White
Jill
There was a party planned for her 100th on Jan 17.  Shame she did not
make it but she still had plenty of fans at 99.
My grandmother did the same thing, dying just a few weeks short of 100.
We had had a big party planned for her 100th birthday and we had to
cancel it and have a funeral instead.
Only had to change the reason for the get together on the invitation
cards. Betty White was the type who is probably laughing her ass off
in heaven that she screwed everyone out of her 100th birthday party,
she was likely planning it that way for a long time, that'd be in
keeping with her sense of humor.
Hank Rogers
2022-01-01 22:04:42 UTC
An actress who has been active and working for decades died today at age 99.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betty_White
Jill
There was a party planned for her 100th on Jan 17.  Shame she did not
make it but she still had plenty of fans at 99.
My grandmother did the same thing, dying just a few weeks short of 100.
We had had a big party planned for her 100th birthday and we had to
cancel it and have a funeral instead.
Only had to change the reason for the get together on the invitation
cards. Betty White was the type who is probably laughing her ass off
in heaven that she screwed everyone out of her 100th birthday party,
she was likely planning it that way for a long time, that'd be in
keeping with her sense of humor.
Popeye, I'm surprised yoose didn't fuck betty's eyes out. She's
about yoose age, and ....
Graham
2022-01-01 20:17:44 UTC
As an intuitive scientist of the highest order
Hey, "nutjob" has a new spelling. I'm going to start using it.
Cindy Hamilton
What a great compliment. Nut job' is a bit harsh though. Has a negative tone to it. Arrogant and demeaning. "Strange," "Different", "Weird, "Not exactly my cup of tea", would be more like it. I really am an intuitive scientist. Also a behavioral scientist, kind of the same thing actually. Point is, conventional scientists get credit for discoveries and concepts stolen from guys like me. They use our great insight to develop more pills and vaccines to make themselves look like they know stuff they don't. You say 'nut job' has a new spelling. I say it has a new meaning. Until you applied it to me I always considered it a negative term. Who wants to be known a nut job? From now on, maybe lots of people. Once they hear my philosophies, if they are openminded enough to listen, they will know I am far from nuts. Then they will know you are the real nut job for calling me one in a negative and arrogant and completely unfair way. They will know this. Then together united as one we will rise up against you and your kind in an effort to make this world a better place for all. Yes, I am a scientist. But I don't do it for money. I do it for the people.
"We are the people, Pa" - Ma Joad, 1939
So, what is your background and what are your qualifications that enable
you to cal
Thomas Joseph
2022-01-02 19:12:43 UTC
Post by Graham
So, what is your background and what are your qualifications that enable
you to call yourself a scientist?
Qualifications? We don't need no stinking qualifications! I guess you're talking about a diploma or a certificate of some kind, maybe. There's a bunch of inept and unqualified people coming through the college doors every year and it's only going to get worse. These people 'learn' just enough to pass enough exams to graduate. Once they those college doors open to let them out, that's when the learning stops. The learning that never started.

Would you at least agree that most people in most fields are not very good at what they do? And if you do agree, then would you not also agree that the same percentages apply to doctors and scientists as well? Whether you do or not, I already know what I believe - most are morons, technicians, procedecuralists, nothing more. Now, do their flaws in any way add to my credibility? Of course not. My point is the paper on the wall means nothing. I am not on the witness stand here. I say I'm an intuitive scientist, that's what I am. I don't have to prove it - not even to myself. But thanks for asking.
Bruce
2022-01-03 19:54:17 UTC
Post by Thomas Joseph
Post by Graham
[...]
So, to summarize, your qualifications were obtained from the tabloid rack
in your local supermarket.
Yes. Ghe Ghe Ghe :)))))))))))
Judith Latham
2022-01-03 20:12:34 UTC
On Sun, 2 Jan 2022 11:12:43 -0800 (PST), Thomas Joseph
Post by Thomas Joseph
Post by Graham
[...]
Thomas, it is so wonderful to see you've joined us here in rfc. Your
insights are most welcome.
Graham