Dinner Tonight 11/6/2021 ????
US Janet
2021-11-06 22:28:33 UTC
It was a real puzzlement. I wandered around the house opening the
fridge several times, looking in the big pantry (third bedroom),
looking in the small pantry (small shelf in the utility closet).
In desperation I grabbed a jar of Alfredo sauce(never tried it before)
and then continued wandering with it in my hand. I remembered that I
had some frozen peas, and then found a small packkage of pancetta. I
recalled I may of had a small amount of linguine in my pasta stores.
So, there is our dinner. Linguine with alfredo sauce, pancetta and
green peas.
I have no idea if that is an acceptable thing or not, but it is what
it is. For some reason I find weekend meals hard to come up with.

Janet US
jmcquown
2021-11-06 22:41:05 UTC
Post by US Janet
It was a real puzzlement. I wandered around the house opening the
fridge several times, looking in the big pantry (third bedroom),
looking in the small pantry (small shelf in the utility closet).
In desperation I grabbed a jar of Alfredo sauce(never tried it before)
and then continued wandering with it in my hand. I remembered that I
had some frozen peas, and then found a small packkage of pancetta. I
recalled I may of had a small amount of linguine in my pasta stores.
So, there is our dinner. Linguine with alfredo sauce, pancetta and
green peas.
I have no idea if that is an acceptable thing or not, but it is what
it is. For some reason I find weekend meals hard to come up with.
Janet US
It sounds perfectly acceptible! Congrats on having some pancetta; it's
a classic pasta dish.

Jill
Graham
I'd be happy to sit down to that!!
jmcquown
2021-11-07 01:13:45 UTC
Post by Graham
It was a real puzzlement.  I wandered around the house opening the
fridge several times, looking in the big pantry (third bedroom),
looking in the small pantry (small shelf in the utility closet).
In desperation I grabbed a jar of Alfredo sauce(never tried it before)
and then continued wandering with it in my hand.  I remembered that I
had some frozen peas, and then found a small packkage of pancetta.  I
recalled I may of had a small amount of linguine in my pasta stores.
So, there is our dinner. Linguine with alfredo sauce, pancetta and
green peas.
I have no idea if that is an acceptable thing or not, but it is what
it is.  For some reason I find weekend meals hard to come up with.
Janet US
I'd be happy to sit down to that!!
Yes, it sounds like a very nice meal. :)

2021-11-07 04:07:51 UTC
Post by Graham
It was a real puzzlement. I wandered around the house opening the
fridge several times, looking in the big pantry (third bedroom),
looking in the small pantry (small shelf in the utility closet).
In desperation I grabbed a jar of Alfredo sauce(never tried it before)
and then continued wandering with it in my hand. I remembered that I
had some frozen peas, and then found a small packkage of pancetta. I
recalled I may of had a small amount of linguine in my pasta stores.
So, there is our dinner. Linguine with alfredo sauce, pancetta and
green peas.
I have no idea if that is an acceptable thing or not, but it is what
it is. For some reason I find weekend meals hard to come up with.
Janet US
I'd be happy to sit down to that!!
This is the first positive Graham post in a long time... and food
related to boot? ;)
US Janet
2021-11-07 04:48:54 UTC
On Sun, 07 Nov 2021 00:07:51 -0400, Michael Trew
Post by Michael Trew
Post by Graham
[...]
I have that knack ;)
Janet US
Michael Trew
2021-11-07 05:42:30 UTC
Post by Michael Trew
Post by Graham
[...]
I see that! He hated me from the start; oh well. Can't win them all.

You're my favorite Janet, if that means anything ;)
GM
2021-11-07 07:22:38 UTC
Post by Michael Trew
Post by Graham
[...]
US Janet is a real fine gal...
US Janet
Janet US
US Janet
2021-11-07 04:47:57 UTC
Post by Graham
Post by US Janet
It was a real puzzlement. I wandered around the house opening the
fridge several times, looking in the big pantry (third bedroom),
looking in the small pantry (small shelf in the utility closet).
In desperation I grabbed a jar of Alfredo sauce(never tried it before)
and then continued wandering with it in my hand. I remembered that I
had some frozen peas, and then found a small packkage of pancetta. I
recalled I may of had a small amount of linguine in my pasta stores.
So, there is our dinner. Linguine with alfredo sauce, pancetta and
green peas.
I have no idea if that is an acceptable thing or not, but it is what
it is. For some reason I find weekend meals hard to come up with.
Janet US
I'd be happy to sit down to that!!
Thank you.
It turned out very nice. It could have used a little something for a
top note. Don't know what though.
Janet US
US Janet
2021-11-07 16:07:53 UTC
On Sun, 7 Nov 2021 02:01:37 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
Post by US Janet
Post by Graham
[...]
A tiny squeeze of fresh lemon?
Cindy Hamilton
that sounds right, thx
Janet US
US Janet
2021-11-07 16:08:51 UTC
On Sun, 7 Nov 2021 12:10:01 +0000, S Viemeister
Post by US Janet
Post by Graham
Post by US Janet
[...]
A sprinkling of fresh lemon thyme leaves?
That sounds good but I only have fresh regular thyme
Janet US
S Viemeister
2021-11-07 17:59:49 UTC
Post by US Janet
Post by Graham
Post by US Janet
[...]
Then I'd go with Cindy's suggestion.

I've become addicted to lemon thyme - I have it growing in both NJ and
Scotland.
US Janet
2021-11-07 18:22:54 UTC
Post by US Janet
Post by Graham
Post by US Janet
[...]
I'll see if I can find a pot of it this spring. It sounds very
fragrant.
Janet US
jmcquown