Farming
2021-11-14 17:57:43 UTC
Got this today from the new people who are farming my 100 acres on
Beebe Rd. in Knox, NY. My property is adjacent to theirs. They raise
pasture fed livestock.
 ***@wrongdirectionfarm.com
jmcquown
2021-11-14 18:03:15 UTC
Got this today from the new people who are farming my 100 acres on
Beebe Rd. in Knox, NY. My property is adjacent to theirs. They raise
pasture fed livestock.
Sheldon, that's a link to send them an email, not a web site.

2021-11-14 18:17:33 UTC
Got this today from the new people who are farming my 100 acres on
Beebe Rd. in Knox, NY. My property is adjacent to theirs. They raise
pasture fed livestock.
Sheldon, that's a link to send them an email, not a web site.
Jill
Google to the rescue:

<https://wrongdirectionfarm.com/>

2021-11-14 18:39:56 UTC
Got this today from the new people who are farming my 100 acres on
Beebe Rd. in Knox, NY. My property is adjacent to theirs. They raise
pasture fed livestock.
Sheldon, that's a link to send them an email, not a web site.
Jill
<https://wrongdirectionfarm.com/>
Cindy Hamilton
Thanks, Cindy. I was merely pointing it out to him so he'd know it's
not a link. It's a nice mission statement and looks like a nice farm
but I can't even see their products. The site asks for my zip code.
They obviously don't sell in in South Carolina so I'm not even allowed
to take a peek. :(

Oh well, they had some nice pictures.
Ed Pawlowski
2021-11-14 23:37:23 UTC
Thanks, Cindy. I was merely pointing it out to him so he'd know it's
not a link. It's a nice mission statement and looks like a nice farm
but I can't even see their products. The site asks for my zip code.
They obviously don't sell in in South Carolina so I'm not even allowed
to take a peek. :(
Jill
Same for me.
Oh well, they had some nice pictures.
Earlier today I did order some bacon from Nodine's. When I lived in CT
we used to go out there a few times a year, always a ham at Christmas
and Easter. Good stuff.

https://nodines-smokehouse.myshopify.com/
John Kuthe
2021-11-14 23:48:33 UTC
Thanks, Cindy. I was merely pointing it out to him so he'd know it's
not a link. It's a nice mission statement and looks like a nice farm
but I can't even see their products. The site asks for my zip code.
They obviously don't sell in in South Carolina so I'm not even allowed
to take a peek. :(
Jill
Same for me.
Oh well, they had some nice pictures.
Earlier today I did order some bacon from Nodine's. When I lived in CT
we used to go out there a few times a year, always a ham at Christmas
and Easter. Good stuff.
https://nodines-smokehouse.myshopify.com/
Oh, I remember fine meats, hams, sausages, bacon, etc! YUM! Bacon is meat candy. :-)

I thought most places can ship?
jmcquown
2021-11-14 20:04:18 UTC
Got this today from the new people who are farming my 100 acres on
Beebe Rd. in Knox, NY. My property is adjacent to theirs. They raise
pasture fed livestock.
Sheldon, that's a link to send them an email, not a web site.
Jill
<https://wrongdirectionfarm.com/>
Cindy Hamilton
Thanks, Cindy. I was merely pointing it out to him so he'd know it's
not a link. It's a nice mission statement and looks like a nice farm
but I can't even see their products. The site asks for my zip code.
They obviously don't sell in in South Carolina so I'm not even allowed
to take a peek. :(
I thought most places can ship?
Apparently this is a very small neighboring (to Sheldon's 22 acres)
farm. I can't even look at the products. I click that button and it
wants my zip code and says sorry, we don't sell there. So it's his
neighbors but we can't see what they actually sell. Too bad. A little
online business might actually help them out.

2021-11-15 02:06:30 UTC
On Sunday, November 14, 2021 at 1:03:21 PM UTC-5,
[...]
No, Sheldon said that he owns 100 acres in Knox, NY, that they are now
farming.
jmcquown
2021-11-15 21:49:09 UTC
[...]
Does it really matter? I still can't see what is on their web site.

2021-11-16 05:24:38 UTC
Apparently this is a very small neighboring (to Sheldon's 22 acres)
farm. I can't even look at the products. I click that button and it
wants my zip code and says sorry, we don't sell there. So it's his
neighbors but we can't see what they actually sell. Too bad. A little
online business might actually help them out.
Jill
No, Sheldon said that he owns 100 acres in Knox, NY, that they are now
farming.
Does it really matter? I still can't see what is on their web site.
Jill
Not particularly, but it might mean a difference in context otherwise.

On their site, use ZIP: 12345 (It's a valid NY ZIP, and it worked for me).
jmcquown
2021-11-16 22:39:27 UTC
Apparently this is a very small neighboring (to Sheldon's 22 acres)
farm. I can't even look at the products. I click that button and it
wants my zip code and says sorry, we don't sell there. So it's his
neighbors but we can't see what they actually sell. Too bad. A little
online business might actually help them out.
Jill
No, Sheldon said that he owns 100 acres in Knox, NY, that they are now
farming.
Does it really matter? I still can't see what is on their web site.
Jill
Not particularly, but it might mean a difference in context otherwise.
On their site, use ZIP: 12345 (It's a valid NY ZIP, and it worked for me).
Kind of a waste of time but okay. Yeah, it's a farm. :)

Well you wanted to look at it! You're welcome ;)
Sheldon Martin
2021-11-17 15:17:47 UTC
On Tue, 16 Nov 2021 23:34:45 -0500, Michael Trew
Apparently this is a very small neighboring (to Sheldon's 22 acres)
farm. I can't even look at the products. I click that button and it
wants my zip code and says sorry, we don't sell there. So it's his
neighbors but we can't see what they actually sell. Too bad. A little
online business might actually help them out.
Jill
No, Sheldon said that he owns 100 acres in Knox, NY, that they are now
farming.
Does it really matter? I still can't see what is on their web site.
Jill
Not particularly, but it might mean a difference in context otherwise.
On their site, use ZIP: 12345 (It's a valid NY ZIP, and it worked for me).
Kind of a waste of time but okay. Yeah, it's a farm. :)
Jill
Well you wanted to look at it! You're welcome ;)
I haven't met the new owners, I don't drive up there very often.
During winter those roads can be trecherous. I don't know if they
bought their section or they are renting it from the last owners...
who decided to get out of farming and do something hi-tech.
I doubt they freeze and ship, their sales are all local, and they
deliver locally. Right now they are getting ready to sell fresh
turkeys, but they also sell beef, pork, and chicken... all pasture
raised. Pasture raised prices are high, more than double supermarket
prices. However many people think it's worth the price, I don't. I
tried their pork chops, no better than from the local supermarket. I
think it's all what one believes, in the final analysis the animals
are still slaughtered.
Since I was signed up to receive email from the last owner I get email
from the new people. They don't send a lot of email, maybe six times
a year, and I find the explainations interesting and I like their
photos.
Now I let my daughter handle their rent payments.